Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 15, 2016 13:34

I just got mine on monday have not played the DVD or CD yet , i also got the Beach Boys live at Knebworth 1980 DVD and CD with all three brothers still alive and it is smoking .

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 15, 2016 15:24

mikehat
The "Stereo" mixes on the concert blurays & dvds are a fold down of the 5.1 mix. Instruments and vocals disappear when other things enter the mix.
It's a cheapo move that really sucks.

True. And sound-quality of a DVD is more or less the same as mp3.
I have a DVD-player connected to my stereo-amp and all Concert-DVD´s sound awful. To rip the DVD and burn CD´s makes no sense, it´s still awful.

Date: June 15, 2016 16:44

HMS
mikehat
The "Stereo" mixes on the concert blurays & dvds are a fold down of the 5.1 mix. Instruments and vocals disappear when other things enter the mix.

I have a DVD-player connected to my stereo-amp and all Concert-DVD´s sound awful. To rip the DVD and burn CD´s makes no sense, it´s still awful.

No, it isn't. Check your settings for the output.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 15, 2016 18:18

DandelionPowderman
HMS
mikehat

No, it isn't. Check your settings for the output.

try to connect the digital output (coax or optical) to a better D/A-Converter

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: June 15, 2016 19:35

Mr.D
boogaloojef
Could anyone out of the goodness of their heart hook me up with the audio files from the Paradiso show so I can burn a cdr? I would like to listen to the show on an upcoming trip in the car but I cannot rip Blu-Rays on my computer because I don't have a Blu-ray drive and also my computer "magically" upgraded to Windows 10 the other night. I already have the other 2 shows on soundboard bootlegs.

In addition, can anyone recommend any easy to use freeware regular dvd ripping programs that are compatible with Windows 10 now that my computer is "upgraded"?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

How could somebody hook you up when your email is hidden?

Sorry, it's fixed now.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 15, 2016 21:58

"Connection"at Paradisio is the only time I have seen and heard that the song actually works in a live-setting! It's really great, which only makes me think that Jagger are the sole reason for it's success.

Dan writes:

SOLE REASON????

AT Best it is the REACTION of Keith having Jagger on stage with him and having to stay on his game and stay at the mic.

So Jagger gets credit for inspiration...NOT Sole credit.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 15, 2016 22:58

exilestones
"Connection"at Paradiso is the only time I have seen and heard that the song actually works in a live-setting! It's really great, which only makes me think that Jagger are the sole reason for it's success.

Imo the version from the Olympia is far better...

Date: June 15, 2016 23:23

Just bought DVD+CD today. Great record musically. The recording is not brickwalled much and sound quality is excellent.

Thanks to Rolling Stones and their team!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 15, 2016 23:34

dcba
exilestones
"Connection"at Paradiso is the only time I have seen and heard that the song actually works in a live-setting! It's really great, which only makes me think that Jagger are the sole reason for it's success.

Imo the version from the Olympia is far better...

Have to check. Maybe you are right, but I don't think so.
Connection with Mick is unique.

I agree Connection at Paradiso would have made a better picture with KEITH
taking centre stage and MICK singing with Ronnie or playing acoustic guitar share vocals joining Keith at the centre of the stage.

Edit:
BLACK LIMOUSINE from Brixton 1995 is fantastic!!! Never played LIVE again ever since......WHY?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 00:26 by RipThisBone.

Date: June 16, 2016 00:50

The Olympia version is sloppy, but nice.

Paradiso is excellent, imo.

But the best version is from the Hollywood Palladium.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 16, 2016 04:58

Anyone know where you could read the sales stats on all these DVD releases we've had over the last few years? I'd be curious to know which ones are the most popular.

Date: June 16, 2016 06:35

24FPS
Anyone know where you could read the sales stats on all these DVD releases we've had over the last few years? I'd be curious to know which ones are the most popular.

its hard to tell. I can tell you shine a light, Hampton 1981 and 1 more appear the most used on ebay. not sure if that means those sell the most or what

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 16, 2016 07:05

exilestones
Stripped Studio Songs available on previous releases or bootleg:

HONEST I DO
TOSHIBA-EMI STUDIO TOKYO - Stripped Companion

BTW, Just for clarification, Honest I Do had an official release, on the Hope Floats soundtrack.

Date: June 16, 2016 08:33

Japanese only bonus tracks
1. Spider and The Fly (Amsterdam)
2. Slipping Away (Paris)
3. Sweet Virginia (Brixton)

I think I figured out why we got the above listed bonus tracks! I'm guessing these were to be included on the "Totally Stripped" album but didn't make the cut so they were given as a bonus.

Date: June 16, 2016 08:50

I don't own a Blu Ray player but I plan to buy one just for Totally Stripped (even though I downloaded all of Totally Stripped) since I bought the Totally Stripped Blu Ray.

Here's my question....

HMS
mikehat

I think you 'hit the nail on the head' as we say. I noticed in the DVD rips that the sound isn't that good and instruments can barely be heard. It sounds worse than an mp3 since there's parts (instruments) that are too low in the mix.

I remember DVDs having a choice of audio tracks that could be chosen. Is it still that way. Can stereo be chosen instead of having a 5.1 fold down? Do Blu Ray players have a choice of sound channels? Can stereo be picked? Maybe we can get a very good audio from the DVDs or Blue Rays of Totally Stripped?

Interesting articles on Blu Ray sound:
[www.bigpicturebigsound.com]

Down Mix:
[www.avforums.com]

I think 2 channel analog is the way to go to get an even 2 channel recording from Totally Stripped. I don't know much about this stuff.

The Panasonic UB900 4K Blu Ray player has 7.1 and 2 channel audio out:

[www.panasonicstore.ie]

More about 2 Channel Blu Ray audio:
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 09:47 by exilestones.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: June 16, 2016 10:15

First I was a bit confused about the two slide solos on Black Limousine, because on the version from the Like A Rolling Stones-EP there is a Keith solo first and the second guitar solo is a slide solo by Ronnie.
Can I really hear Keith´solo in the background during Micks´s Harp solo, or is this just my imagination?
Definetely the second slide solo is missing on the EP Version and ronnie´s first solo is put from the middle section to the end.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 16, 2016 10:48

DandelionPowderman

thumbs up

Posted by: Ale67 ()
Date: June 16, 2016 11:41

DandelionPowderman

Sorry, by the Stones or Keith? Which tour?
Thank you

Date: June 16, 2016 11:42

exilestones
I don't own a Blu Ray player but I plan to buy one just for Totally Stripped (even though I downloaded all of Totally Stripped) since I bought the Totally Stripped Blu Ray.

Here's my question....

HMS
mikehat

I think you 'hit the nail on the head' as we say. I noticed in the DVD rips that the sound isn't that good and instruments can barely be heard. It sounds worse than an mp3 since there's parts (instruments) that are too low in the mix.

I remember DVDs having a choice of audio tracks that could be chosen. Is it still that way. Can stereo be chosen instead of having a 5.1 fold down? Do Blu Ray players have a choice of sound channels? Can stereo be picked? Maybe we can get a very good audio from the DVDs or Blue Rays of Totally Stripped?

Interesting articles on Blu Ray sound:

Down Mix:
[www.avforums.com]

I think 2 channel analog is the way to go to get an even 2 channel recording from Totally Stripped. I don't know much about this stuff.

The Panasonic UB900 4K Blu Ray player has 7.1 and 2 channel audio out:

More about 2 Channel Blu Ray audio:
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

When you rip dvds, choose 2ch track. Always

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 16, 2016 11:44

Ale67
DandelionPowderman

Thank you

Prolly means the version on the Winos live album...drinking smiley

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: June 16, 2016 11:47

Ale67
DandelionPowderman

Thank you

Keith. On the Winos live album.

Date: June 16, 2016 12:34

DandelionPowderman
Ale67
DandelionPowderman

Thank you

Keith. On the Winos live album.

Thank you! smileys with beer

Date: June 16, 2016 12:35

HonkeyTonkFlash
Ale67
DandelionPowderman

Thank you

Prolly means the version on the Winos live album...drinking smiley

Thank you! smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 16, 2016 14:46

exilestones

Yes .... the Blu-ray Deluxe Edition of Totally Stripped has an Audio-Options menu where you can choose between a separate 2-Channel LPCM Stereo track and the usual 5.1-Channel DTS-HD Master Audio track.

The 2-Channel LPCM Stereo is 16bit/48kHz only.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 14:50 by Irix.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 16, 2016 14:49

keefriffhard4life
24FPS

its hard to tell. I can tell you shine a light, Hampton 1981 and 1 more appear the most used on ebay. not sure if that means those sell the most or what

That's an interesting way to look at it, though, like yourself, I'm not sure what it says. My self I rarely ever pop Shine A Light in the DVD player. It's a rare case where the guest appearances is what I like there, both Christina and Buddy Guy. (I thought Jack White had an unfortunate off night vocally). And Tears Go Buy is nice, but that product really is kind of meh.

I thought Hampton '81 would be one people would keep in their collection, but maybe the general population wasn't thrilled with Mick's performance. I think it's a fantastic BluRay.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 16, 2016 15:10

Irix
...Audio-Options menu where you can choose between a separate 2-Channel LPCM Stereo track and the usual 5.1-Channel DTS-HD Master Audio track.

You have that choice with any DVD, but I think if you choose LPCM-Stereo you automatically get a 5.1-channel-downmix, but I dont know actually. All I know is that the stereo-track of a DVD does not sound nearly as good as a CD. And I think it´s lossy too.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 16, 2016 15:17

Hi all,

A few quick questions, with apologies for not reading through the whole shebang.

I'm ready to order this thing finally and I'm thinking that it's better to go with either the UK or the Japanese version cause they're both cheaper on Amazon than US.

I'm thinking of doing the DVD's instead of BR, is there a significant difference in quality or what you get?

Should I go with UK or Japan?

domo arigatou,

Bloomer whose always late...cool smiley

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 16, 2016 15:52

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 19:18 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 16, 2016 17:33

UrbanSteel
That is processed .wav file. Bitrate is 48 KHz. For normal .wav it should be 44.1 KHz. Nothing wrong with that, but some programs will refuse to work with this type of files.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 16, 2016 17:45

HMS

You have that choice with any DVD (...)

You're right, DVDs have normally the Audio-Option too -- but exilestones wrote that he doesn't own a Blu-ray Player and plans to buy one just for Totally Stripped. Therefore I wanted to assure that there's a Audio-Options menu and a Stereo-Track on the Blu-ray.

The 2-Channel LPCM Stereo on the Totally Stripped Blu-ray is a separate Track (lossless 16bit/48kHz, visible by BR-Ripping-Tools).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 18:00 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home