Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 51
OT: Meat Loaf collapses on stage
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 17, 2016 14:29

[www.bbc.com]

He was rushed to the hospital immediately. Reason unknown so far. I hope he'll be fine.

Re: OT: Meat Loaf collapses on stage
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 17, 2016 14:30

"Meat Loaf collapses on stage"

... then the stage collapsed under Meat Loaf?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 17, 2016 14:34

I hope he'll be okay too, franzk. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 17, 2016 14:43

dcba

Nice empathy there

Date: June 17, 2016 15:07

steffialicia
dcba

Nice empathy there

Yeah I'm lacking oxytocin in my blood...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 17, 2016 15:07

Terrible news.

Hopefully he gets well again.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 17, 2016 15:20

Not a fan, but if I was, I don't know what I'd be more upset about; Meatloaf's declining health, or finding out that he mimes to a pre-recorded track.

Date: June 17, 2016 15:31

i thought he retired from live shows 2-3 years ago

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 17, 2016 15:47

tatters
Not a fan, but if I was, I don't know what I'd be more upset about; Meatloaf's declining health, or finding out that he mimes to a pre-recorded track.

The mike was open, you can hear it crashing on the floor

Maybe he used the pre-recorded track because he was sick...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 17, 2016 15:55

Saw Meat in a club in Seattle in the 80's and I'd count it as one of my top ten favorite live shows.

Hope he recovers quickly.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 17, 2016 15:58

Doc
tatters

Or has a very talented background vocalist who doubles certain parts and covers others for him like some other bands we're fans of.

My first guess is that it was a recording but, like Doc, I heard his mic crash to the floor so I've got to believe he wasn't actually miming.

Regardless of his live production techniques, I hope he's OK and on the road to recovery. I've received much enjoyment listening to his music over the years and wish him nothing but the best.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 17, 2016 16:15

mr_dja
Doc
tatters

Or has a very talented background vocalist who doubles certain parts and covers others for him like some other bands we're fans of.

My first guess is that it was a recording but, like Doc, I heard his mic crash to the floor so I've got to believe he wasn't actually miming.

Regardless of his live production techniques, I hope he's OK and on the road to recovery. I've received much enjoyment listening to his music over the years and wish him nothing but the best.

Peace,
Mr DJA

The vocals continue even while he's on the floor without a microphone, so at best, he was singing along with a pre-recorded track. The backing vocals also appear to have been on tape. I'm sure he's not the only classic rocker who does this. I just wonder how widespread the practice really is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-17 16:16 by tatters.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 17, 2016 16:22

Here's another wider angle
No backing vocalists in sight

[www.lapresse.ca]

French rock superstar Johnny Halliday had a vocal double for years. Off stage sometimes and mostly on stage. His name was Eric Bamy. He died a few years ago.
He was such a great vocal match that he was the voice on Johnny Hallyday's karaoke DVD back in the days

Date: June 17, 2016 16:28

tatters

The vocals continue even while he's on the floor without a microphone, so at best, he was singing along with a pre-recorded track. The backing vocals also appear to have been on tape. I'm sure he's not the only classic rocker who does this. I just wonder how widespread the practice really is.

I can't really speak for "Classic Rockers" but on the "Gospel" side it's HUGE. I have a friend here in Knoxville who is a multi-Dove award winner who, when we talked about using some tracks behind us and the 'legitimacy' of doing so, told us that EVERY (national/worldwide) act he had produced 'recently' had asked him not only for 'the album mix' but also a 'backing mix' to be used on live performances. He said that it's become so prevalent that he no longer even waits to be asked and now starts preparing the mixes while he's still working on the album.

Not sure if it's the industry or the audiences that have changed (or both) but things are certainly different now than they were when I was younger!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: DonParker ()
Date: June 17, 2016 16:43

Same story for Larry Coryell btw, he has been taken to the hospital 2 days ago and his situation is described as very critical. I saw him playing live about a month ago, he looked very healthy.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 17, 2016 17:01

Doc

[www.lapresse.ca]

French rock superstar Johnny Halliday had a vocal double for years. Off stage sometimes and mostly on stage. His name was Eric Bamy. He died a few years ago.
He was such a great vocal match that he was the voice on Johnny Hallyday's karaoke DVD back in the days

Not unusual with play-back / pre-recorded vocal. Such as:

The male singer from Boney M never sang.
Posh Spice neither sang, she couldn't.

Date: June 17, 2016 18:16

mtaylor
Doc

[www.lapresse.ca]

Not unusual with play-back / pre-recorded vocal. Such as:

The male singer from Boney M never sang.
Posh Spice neither sang, she couldn't.

It doesn't bother me if someone whose show involves a lot of dancing uses tapes, because I generally don't go to see shows that involve a lot of dancing, but if someone who just stands there and sings is using tapes, I'd have to ask myself why am I paying to see someone just stand there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-17 18:17 by tatters.

Date: June 17, 2016 19:19

Update from Rolling Stone Magazine:
Meat Loaf 'In Good Condition' After Concert Collapse
Singer transported to Edmonton hospital after passing out from "severe dehydration"

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 17, 2016 19:22

never a fan of meatloaf, songs are too long.

hope he gets well again.

he was never the same when he became a veggie and changed his name to nutloaf.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 17, 2016 20:19

tatters

Playing along to a studio recording is for hacks. Using recorded tracks to mime to?

BUNK.

Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2016 21:56

Dunno how Meatloaf ended up in amongst Stripped thread ...

But hey the guy did a reasonable job in Fight Club ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 17, 2016 22:22

Very strange...but it's back to stripped now. Maybe one of Bjornulf's grandkids was fooling around with the account. grinning smiley

Date: June 17, 2016 22:31

"Meatloaf" was the codename of the "Totally Stripped" project back in 2015.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 17, 2016 22:49

I'm burning a kind of "best of the acoustic sets" single CD. I'm not using many Paradiso tracks because I will listen to that a lot as is. I am using Spider & The Fly (not very acoustic!) because I dig it and it fit in the blues section with LIV and Down In The Bottom. May add Black Limo, not sure. Looks like this so far...

01 Dead Flowers Brixton
02 Sweet Virginia Brixton
03 Far Away Eyes Brixton
04 Love In Vain Brixton
05 Down In The Bottom Brixton
06 The Spider And The Fly Paradiso
07 Beast Of Burden Paris
08 Let It Bleed Paris
09 Angie Paris
10 Wild Horses Paris
11 Shine A Light Brixton
12 Like A Rolling Stone Brixton
13 Street Fighting Man Paradiso

Any suggestions?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 17, 2016 23:47

Please, no pics of Meatloaf totally (or even partially) stripped.

Date: June 17, 2016 23:54

shadooby
Please, no pics of Meatloaf totally (or even partially) stripped.

Even though it made me start laughing at my desk, I'm going to hold that post against you for making my brain even consider the concept.

>grinning smiley<

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 18, 2016 00:09

I went by the local V.F.W. one day and the sign out front said "MEAT LOAF FRIDAY NIGHT 7:30". I thought it'd be funny to show up with some friends wearing Meatloaf concert tee's \m/

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: June 18, 2016 00:58

Just got home to find my deluxe version on the doorstep.
I ordered it from Amazon DE but according to the label it shipped from Fife in Scotland.
I bought the DVD version and according to the fly cover, on the back of the book, the DVDs are NTSC region 0 and should play on my regular player here in the US.
I may be incommunicado this weekend. . . .

Date: June 18, 2016 01:05

ElGeordie
I ordered it from Amazon DE but according to the label it shipped from Fife in Scotland.
I bought the DVD version and according to the fly cover, on the back of the book, the DVDs are NTSC region 0 and should play on my regular player here in the US.

If you are in the States, why Amazon DE instead of UK? Is the price better?

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: June 18, 2016 01:14

latebloomer
ElGeordie

If you are in the States, why Amazon DE instead of UK? Is the price better?

If I recall correctly the German site had a slightly better overall price than the UK site - and both were less than half of the US Amazon price.
I followed a tip from a commenter on a thread at the US Amazon site.
I just looked at the 2 European sites: the German price works out a couple of bucks cheaper than the UK one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-18 01:19 by ElGeordie.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home