Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 20, 2016 23:58

exilestones

I also heard long before we knew what would be in Totally Stripped that Michael Cohl owns the rights to Toshiba and Lisbon. So, it's no surprise that we didn't get more or anything new from those sessions in Totally Stripped.

Soudns unlikely to me... Jagger probably makes sure the Stones own everything they play on... even pre-show soundhchecks where B. Fowler drives the band while Mick rests at his hotel! grinning smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 21, 2016 02:21

Download link for the covers of the audio rips as posted by UrbanSteel:
[we.tl]

Expires 27 June, 2016

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-21 12:36 by Deltics.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 21, 2016 12:25

dcba
exilestones

I also heard long before we knew what would be in Totally Stripped that Michael Cohl owns the rights to Toshiba and Lisbon. So, it's no surprise that we didn't get more or anything new from those sessions in Totally Stripped.

Soudns unlikely to me... Jagger probably makes sure the Stones own everything they play on... even pre-show soundhchecks where B. Fowler drives the band while Mick rests at his hotel! grinning smiley

The Eagle Rock deal is for video material only and soundtracks on accompanying CDs or vinyl. Studio outtakes like Toshiba and Lisbon would fall under the Universal deal in case the band wants wants to release them. Cohl has nothing to do with it. Why should he? Unless he paid for the sessions and the recordings. But a) the Stones could afford them easily and b) why should the Stones allow any recordings slip through their copyright control?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 21, 2016 12:38

Irix
Audio-Album on Qobuz.com for Download in lossless 16bit/44.1kHz CD-Quality, EUR 13.49:

1 - Not Fade Away (Live) - 3:11
2 - Honky Tonk Women (Live) - 4:53
3 - Dead Flowers (Live) - 4:00
4 - Faraway Eyes (Live) - 5:05
5 - Shine A Light (Live) - 4:51
6 - I Go Wild (Live) - 6:49
7 - Miss You (Live) - 9:39
8 - Like a Rolling Stone (Live) - 6:10
9 - Brown Sugar (Live) - 5:12
10 - Midnight Rambler (Live) - 9:09
11 - Jumpin' Jack Flash (Live) - 5:03
12 - Gimme Shelter (Live) - 6:58
13 - Rip This Joint (Live) - 2:56
14 - Street Fighting Man (Live) - 4:51

Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Spain, UK, Ireland.

The same Audio-Album is also available on iTunes in lossy AAC format as well as on Amazon and Google Play in lossy MP3 format.

Irix, I can't find the download album on Qobuz. Do you have a direct link?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 21, 2016 12:50

kowalski

It's at least available at [www.qobuz.com] in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Spain -- but apparently not in France, UK, Ireland ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-21 13:00 by Irix.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 21, 2016 13:05

alimente

The Eagle Rock deal is for video material only and soundtracks on accompanying CDs or vinyl. Studio outtakes like Toshiba and Lisbon would fall under the Universal deal in case the band wants wants to release them. Cohl has nothing to do with it. Why should he? Unless he paid for the sessions and the recordings. But a) the Stones could afford them easily and b) why should the Stones allow any recordings slip through their copyright control?

My guess is - RE these 1995 musical adventures - the band wanted to release something expanded but not comprehensive. Hence the exclusion of the second Paradiso or of the studio sessions.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 21, 2016 13:48

Irix
kowalski

It's at least available at [www.qobuz.com] in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Spain -- but apparently not in France, UK, Ireland ....
Just a stupid question. This lossless download (16 Bit CD quality) is EUR 13.49 for 14 tracks. I am almost 100% sure this download does not have unique mastering. CD+DVD combo is about EUR 18 in the most shops. So what is the point?

Date: June 21, 2016 14:05

Irix
kowalski

Thanks! That's what I figured out by myself... smiling smiley

Date: June 21, 2016 14:11

ironbelly
Irix
kowalski

Just a stupid question. This lossless download (16 Bit CD quality) is EUR 13.49 for 14 tracks. I am almost 100% sure this download does not have unique mastering. CD+DVD combo is about EUR 18 in the most shops. So what is the point?

Regular price for a lossless download is 12,99 on Qobuz usually.

Date: June 21, 2016 14:18

kowalski
ironbelly
Irix
kowalski

Actually my question was - why you want to pay twice for exactly same digital material?

I understand situation with Stones Archives perfectly. And with Sweet Summer Sun. And with Sticky Fingers Live. Even with Charlie Is My Darling live CD. They offered first digital material that was not available elsewhere at the time of release (or optional version in the case of CIMD - for those who for some reasons did not get Deluxe). But this time it looks like a stupid business decision.

Date: June 21, 2016 14:30

ironbelly

Actually my question was - why you want to pay twice for exactly same digital material?

Save twice -- those who don't want to have physical media anymore save the ripping and the reselling ....

Date: June 21, 2016 14:38

Irix
ironbelly

Save twice -- those who don't want to have physical media anymore save the ripping and the reselling ....
And they do the forbidden world - 'torrent' winking smiley

PS. At some point I also got rid of physical media but only till the moment one of my reserve HDD crashed.

Date: June 21, 2016 15:15

kowalski

The Qobuz prices differ slightly -- while e.g. Pure McCartney (Deluxe Edition) costs 50.73 € in France, BeNeLux and Ireland, it costs only 45.48 € in Austria and Germany.
The Value-Added Tax seems not to be difference, because Luxembourg has 17% VAT and Ireland 23% VAT ....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-21 15:40 by Irix.

Date: June 21, 2016 15:27

ironbelly
Irix
ironbelly

And they do the forbidden world - 'torrent' winking smiley

PS. At some point I also got rid of physical media but only till the moment one of my reserve HDD crashed.

There are several advantages when you buy a digital download on Qobuz.
You can download it anytime you want and there's no limit for the number of downloads.
I you have a hard drive crash you can get back all the music you purchased in an instant and with the same quality.
You can also choose the format of compression that suits you (flac, alac or even mp3 or wma or aac...).
If you don't want to download the music you purchased you can listen to it with Qobuz player in streaming - even without subscription.

So when I buy an album on Qobuz, the price includes backup for my music and also streaming from anywhere. When you think about it it's more convenient than torrent (but more expensive) and also more convenient than CD but a bit cheaper. Actually 12-13 euros for an album you can download and stream anytime and from anywhere seems a fair price... Now, if only they could include complete artwork along with the music files that would be perfect.

Date: June 21, 2016 16:00

kowalski

Now, if only they could include complete artwork along with the music files that would be perfect.

The same with iTunes -- sometimes there's a digital booklet (iTunes LP) .... sometimes not, although the physical box has a beautifully designed booklet.

Date: June 22, 2016 02:05

Irix
kowalski

Now, if only they could include complete artwork along with the music files that would be perfect.

The same with iTunes -- sometimes there's a digital booklet (iTunes LP) .... sometimes not, although the physical box has a beautifully designed booklet.

The laziness of labels ... I mean everything is done by computer these days. It shouldn't be that hard to include a copy of the original artwork files.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 22, 2016 16:51

I still have my copy unopened and not played yet .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 22, 2016 17:02

TheGreek
I still have my copy unopened and not played yet .

me too

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 26, 2016 03:18

The Paradiso show must be the best release of the post Wyman era, a gift from start to finish. I'll watch it again tonight, can't get over it.

BTW, the whole set is available for download on torrent sites, about 8gb each show.

Totally Stripped - Tumbling Dice
Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 25, 2016 20:00

So we now have this footage, which I'm assuming is in Disc 1 of Totally Stripped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El6gkA_9tbk

The first verse is spliced with a live version on the Rarities 1971-2003 release. Can someone tell me which show it is from?

I hope it's either Paris or Brixton because we get those on Disc 3 nd 4 in Totally Stripped

Re: Totally Stripped - Tumbling Dice
Posted by: GivenToFly08 ()
Date: June 25, 2016 20:18

The version with the backstage warm-up intro is from the "Wild Horses" maxi CD. The live part is the one from the Olympia. Now we have both the warm-up version and the complete live track.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-27 12:42 by GivenToFly08.

Date: June 25, 2016 20:20

The Discography on [timeisonourside.com] remarks for the spliced TD-version on the 'Wild Horses'-Single (March 11, 1996): "Paris, France, July 3, 1995".

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: June 25, 2016 20:28

I just found this where it says "live performance recorded at Joe Robbie Stadium, Miami, Florida, 25 November 1994"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rarities_1971%E2%80%932003

So the full live version from Rarities will NOT be on Totally Stripped

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 25, 2016 21:09

From Zentgraf:
960311A 11th March: THE ROLLING STONES.
CD-single (Virgin VSCDT 1578). Producers: Don Was & The Glimmer Twins.
- Wild Horses (MJ/KR) - studio recording, Tokyo 3.-5.3.95
- Live With Me (MJ/KR) -live in London 19.7.95; previously unreleased
- Tumbling Dice (MJ/KR) -live in Paris 3.7.95; previously unreleased
- Gimme Shelter (MJ/KR) -live in Amsterdam 26.5.95; previously unreleased
Note: Tumbling Dice starts with 48 seconds of an backstage rehearsal, recorded
in Amsterdam on May 26 or 27, 1995.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 25, 2016 21:16

bengigan
I just found this where it says "live performance recorded at Joe Robbie Stadium, Miami, Florida, 25 November 1994"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rarities_1971%E2%80%932003

So the full live version from Rarities will NOT be on Totally Stripped

False information. Have seen it before, but it's an error. The version from Olympia totally responds with the version on the Wild Horses cd-single. I think the writer may confuse it with the live version of I Go Wild (taken from the single version of the same name), which indeed was recorded at the Joe Robbie Stadium in 1994.
Maybe someone should correct the false info on Wikipedia...

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 27, 2016 00:08

Since this wasn't classified as a "Vault" release, is the consensus that that series is over?

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 27, 2016 00:12

shadooby
Since this wasn't classified as a "Vault" release, is the consensus that that series is over?
Not sure why this wasn't a Vault release, maybe because it was a box set, but I have heard the next Vault release will be the San Jose '99 No Security DVD originally filmed for a special on Showtime but never aired.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 27, 2016 03:56

GivenToFly08
The version with the soundcheck intro is from the "Wild Horses" maxi CD. The live part is the one from the Olympia. Now we have both the soundcheck version and the complete live track.

It may sound a bit nitpicking, but the Tumbling Dice intro is neither a "soundcheck" nor a "rehearsal", it's simply a "backstage warm-up" in a dressing room to get into the mood for the show. They do a variety of songs there in a similar style, like "All Down The Line", "Dead Flowers" and others. Good stuff!

Posted by: Ale67 ()
Date: June 27, 2016 11:11

shadooby

No my friend, don't say that... why should be over? sad smiley
The Stones could release Vault stuff for years to come, hopefully spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Ale67 ()
Date: June 27, 2016 11:13

Mr.D
shadooby
Not sure why this wasn't a Vault release, maybe because it was a box set, but I have heard the next Vault release will be the San Jose '99 No Security DVD originally filmed for a special on Showtime but never aired.

No, please... even if the show would be good, it's full of warhorses and very few rarities moody smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home