Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 51
Re: Post Totally Stripped
Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: June 4, 2016 04:30

Lynd8
How about the rest of "Stripped"?

It simply amazes me how they always find a way to leave the most important stuff off. I LIKE THE NEW PACKAGE - let me make that clear, but we get "Honky Tonk Women" again and again and they leave off some real rarities like Still A Fool, Jump On Top Of Me, Can't Get Next To You (at least we got "Meet Me In The Bottom)

Can someone please explain why these cool rarities were not included?

Cause that's what Mick does

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 4, 2016 04:44

No interest in anything post Wyman save for San Jose '99. (Or other footage from the No Security Tour. They always seem to be married to concerts in their entirety. I don't care. I just want the best tracks).

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 4, 2016 06:18

I'd be interested in hearing one of their pre-tour rehearsal workouts, if they ever had a tape running for two or three hours. Hear the banter and the stop/starts, the oldies and the new songs they might give up on, just the Stones at work.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: June 4, 2016 21:34

wonderboy
I'd be interested in hearing one of their pre-tour rehearsal workouts, if they ever had a tape running for two or three hours. Hear the banter and the stop/starts, the oldies and the new songs they might give up on, just the Stones at work.

I doubt they would ever put something like that out officially. Some of that type of stuff is available on bootlegs however.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 4, 2016 21:52

LeonidP
Something early, we have too many live shows from later day. How about a show from 1966, with Last Time, 19th Nervous, Lady Jane, etc. That would rule!

Something with Brian. Since the shows usually didn't last long, give us a 4-5 show boxset. Loaded with good goodies.

Date: June 4, 2016 22:06

MingSubu
LeonidP
Something early, we have too many live shows from later day. How about a show from 1966, with Last Time, 19th Nervous, Lady Jane, etc. That would rule!

Something with Brian. Since the shows usually didn't last long, give us a 4-5 show boxset. Loaded with good goodies.

I'm not sure how many good sounding Brian Jones era shows exist in the vaults. There are not that many good sounding live bootlegs with Brian Jones.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 4, 2016 22:12

Lynd8
"No Expectations" from Toshiba was an amazing performance

I totally agree but fortunately this one's available on boots.

RE San Jose it couls make a cool package if it came with a dvd of Shepherd's Bush club-gig... winking smiley

Date: June 4, 2016 23:37

boogaloojef
MingSubu
LeonidP

I'm not sure how many good sounding Brian Jones era shows exist in the vaults. There are not that many good sounding live bootlegs with Brian Jones.

Hamburg 1965
Honolulu 1966
Paris 1967

all sound very good.

Date: June 4, 2016 23:43

DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef
MingSubu
LeonidP

Hamburg 1965
Honolulu 1966
Paris 1967

all sound very good.

That's about the extent of it and I have all of those shows already. I'd rather have something new that I don't already have. Unless they have video, none of the Brian Jones shows would be released by Eagle Rock anyway because video is part of the deal with Eagle Rock.

Compared to the other eras 3 is not many good sounding bootlegs and even those don't sound as good when compared to later era bootlegs.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-04 23:48 by boogaloojef.

Date: June 5, 2016 00:18

Luckily, We got Charlie Is My Darling, Live in England '65 and Camden 1964 in amazing quality, at least.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 5, 2016 00:52

I want to see the 2nd Paradiso show in the Vault series. Too great to remain unreleased.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 5, 2016 02:47

barbabang
I want to see the 2nd Paradiso show in the Vault series. Too great to remain unreleased.

I prefer El Mocambo 1977.

Paradiso 1 was superior to the 2nd.

Hard to believe Hè!?

I agree two or three bonus songs from Paradiso 2 are missing on Totally Stripped. Just like some nice recordings from Tokyo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-05 02:59 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 5, 2016 02:52

RipThisBone
barbabang

Hard to believe Hè!?
We are talking video's here, right? The Vault series is all video with CD's thrown in to raise the price. El Mocambo wasn't filmed so it won't be part of the Vault series.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 5, 2016 03:05

NO. We are talking music here.

I prefer audio El Mocambo 1977 to video and audio Paradiso 2 from 1995.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 5, 2016 03:19

Mr.D
RipThisBone
barbabang

Hard to believe Hè!?
We are talking video's here, right? The Vault series is all video with CD's thrown in to raise the price. El Mocambo wasn't filmed so it

won't be part of the Vault series.

To raise the price ? I'm happy they finally started to release this stuff.

By the way...Brussels wasn't filmed as well and has been released nevertheless.

Date: June 5, 2016 04:07

shortfatfanny
Mr.D
RipThisBone
barbabang

Hard to believe Hè!?
We are talking video's here, right? The Vault series is all video with CD's thrown in to raise the price. El Mocambo wasn't filmed so it

won't be part of the Vault series.

To raise the price ? I'm happy they finally started to release this stuff.

By the way...Brussels wasn't filmed as well and has been released nevertheless.

Technically Brussels was not a From The Vault release, but was a download.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-05 04:09 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 5, 2016 05:01

BRUSSELS AFFAIR was released by Ward Records in a Deluxe Edition of Eagle Rock's MARQUEE CLUB release.

Date: June 5, 2016 05:16

Rocky Dijon
BRUSSELS AFFAIR was released by Ward Records in a Deluxe Edition of Eagle Rock's MARQUEE CLUB release.

That version was a bonus only for Japan and was not released elsewhere unless you managed to get a limited edition import copy.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 5, 2016 10:58

Mr.D
Next up from the Vault is San Jose '99...I have also heard that they are making similar to TS box sets for the 2002 club shows in the U.S. and Europe.

San Jose '99 would be great. I've never seen a complete NS concert.
A box of the 2002/3 club shows sounds like a nice one - Roseland Ballroom in particular. With such a box they'd have to use many of the rare songs they did, which really wasn't that many when you look at it - I'd just like to see them splice a concert of rarities together.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: June 5, 2016 10:59

Brussels was released as a Deluxe set on Universal / Rolling Stones Records / Promopub.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 5, 2016 11:04

DandelionPowderman
Brussels was released as a Deluxe set on Universal / Rolling Stones Records / Promopub.

How do I get a hold of that cd? I really hate that it's not accessible anywhere

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 5, 2016 11:09

LeonidP

they focus on latter day because it makes current band members money, and doesn't waste royalties going to former band members.

Date: June 5, 2016 14:59

DandelionPowderman

If you could afford $500 for the Deluxe set. It hasn't been released in a version most people can obtain and afford outside of the download version.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 5, 2016 15:21

boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman

If you could afford $500 for the Deluxe set. It hasn't been released in a version most people can obtain and afford outside of the download version.

You´re right,the Deluxe Edition is very expensive.
The Ward Marquee/Brussels combo Rocky Dijon mentioned above costs just about 100$.
Cheaper but still expensive.

If you ever want to get the Deluxe set keep in mind that not all of them got the double Cd´s included,for whatever reason...

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: June 5, 2016 16:48

mjmjr
Lynd8
How about the rest of "Stripped"?

It simply amazes me how they always find a way to leave the most important stuff off. I LIKE THE NEW PACKAGE - let me make that clear, but we get "Honky Tonk Women" again and again and they leave off some real rarities like Still A Fool, Jump On Top Of Me, Can't Get Next To You (at least we got "Meet Me In The Bottom)

Can someone please explain why these cool rarities were not included?

Cause that's what Mick does

Agree -- and he'll never stop. When it's time for San Jose, he just won't be able to give us both.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 5, 2016 16:49

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 19:19 by UrbanSteel.

Date: June 5, 2016 17:55

JumpingKentFlash
DandelionPowderman

How do I get a hold of that cd? I really hate that it's not accessible anywhere

If you just want the cd you'll have to order the Brussels/Marquee set from Ward Records for approximately $100.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 5, 2016 18:38

Turner68
LeonidP

they focus on latter day because it makes current band members money, and doesn't waste royalties going to former band members.

um, no. It's what's mostly available, and earlier shows are not as avaialble in great quality. If they were concerned over royalties to former members we would never had Charlie Is My Darling, YaYas deluxe, or R&R Circus.

Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 5, 2016 18:42

Watched Amsterdam yesterday. What a perfect show. The begining is a bit Mtv unplugged then it is musically awesome.
I still believe although Olympia is a more rocking show and more lazy one.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 5, 2016 19:12

toomuchforme
Watched Amsterdam yesterday. What a perfect show. The begining is a bit Mtv unplugged then it is musically awesome.
I still believe although Olympia is a more rocking show and more lazy one.

Just watched this brilliant show and even the Mrs enjoyed it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home