Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 3, 2016 00:04

Got mine Ward box yesterday.
Watch all three concerts and Paradiso is definitely the best concert of the three, Brixton the least interesting: you don't get the clubconcert feeling with that one.
But all three are great in itself. The sound sometimes is a little sharp to my ears.
The cd is a little dissapointing because of including a couple of warhorses and you're missing some of the real gems.

But... overall it's a great release.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 3, 2016 01:22

Just got back from the premiere of The Paradiso show at The Paradiso, Amsterdam on a big screen tonight.

This show/DVD is just incredible. I can't name a better official DVD released show.

It is so much different from everything else. Great setlist, great performance, great venue, great filming, great sound and no warhorses.

I am totally blown away by it.

Note:
I was there in 1995 and we walked out like zombies then and now everybody can see why.
Great to see a shot of me singing along to Like A Rolling Stone full screen! "HOW DOES IT FEEL" 21 years ago!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-03 01:30 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 3, 2016 02:09

But what was the so-called "surprise" last evening in Paradiso?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 3, 2016 02:19

People were hoping The Stones would play Paradiso again LIVE because CHARLIE turned 75.
That "surprise" did not happen.

Or maybe it is... and we should not have left early...

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 3, 2016 03:41

At the Japanese box that we could go I have two copies of the deluxe Blu-ray set up arriving tomorrow one for myself and one for my best friend

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 3, 2016 05:00

That Miss You YouTube clip makes me nervous about spending the $100. It looks like The Chuxk Leavell Show, Featuring Chuck's Special Guests, the Rolling Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-03 05:01 by DEmerson.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: June 3, 2016 09:30

DEmerson
That Miss You YouTube clip makes me nervous about spending the $100. It looks like The Chuxk Leavell Show, Featuring Chuck's Special Guests, the Rolling Stones.

don't worry, just the paradiso show is worth the money!

Date: June 3, 2016 10:34

Keith's Rip This Joint-intro is worth the money alone grinning smiley

My LPs, CDs and DVDs are on their way – yay! thumbs up

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 3, 2016 10:40

Forgive me, I'm in the U.S., but I think I would be better off with buying from amazon.uk as the box on the U.S. is 109 bucks compared to 50 I believe? Anyone know why that is?

Date: June 3, 2016 10:59

JohnnyBGoode
Forgive me, I'm in the U.S., but I think I would be better off with buying from amazon.uk as the box on the U.S. is 109 bucks compared to 50 I believe? Anyone know why that is?

Which box - the super deluxe? There are heaps of them smiling smiley

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 3, 2016 11:02

DandelionPowderman
JohnnyBGoode

Yes! smiling smiley

Date: June 3, 2016 11:33

JohnnyBGoode
DandelionPowderman
JohnnyBGoode

Yes! smiling smiley

Also, the Amazon box is different (dunno how, though) than that of the japanese and the other super deluxe. A Confusion fest grinning smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 3, 2016 11:36

Camm
Just got off the phone with Amazon customer service because I thought it was odd my order of the limited edition hadn't shipped yet and I hadn't been charged, though it was supposed to ship yesterday for release date delivery. The lady told me the orders won't ship until June 3 because it's not in stock yet. Not in stock yet? The day before release? Seems some, like myself, might be having to wait a few more days.

This happaned with the leeds one for me, arriving two days later. I was not very happy and promised i would not order these kind of items again with them.

I am hoping to get mine in a london store tomorrow whilst visiting the exhibition.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 3, 2016 11:46

It seems that amazon.de misunderestimate pre-orders (or they got unexpected number of orders from the US recently). My order of 4DVD+CD deluxe is scheduled for shipping at on June 6 though it was places in early April. Credit card is not charged yet too.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 3, 2016 12:57

Rik
DEmerson

don't worry, just the paradiso show is worth the money!

The paradiso Show is indeed worth everything. saw it yesterday at The paradiso and it is mindblowing !!
Jeroen

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 3, 2016 14:05

Watch Rolling Stones Play Rollicking 'Rip This Joint' in 1995

The Rolling Stones will release Totally Stripped, a CD and DVD collection of rare studio tracks and previously unreleased live footage that expands on 1995's Stripped album. The package comes out June 3rd.

“[We took] the best elements from [MTV] Unplugged, the intimate thing of it, without actually doing it completely unplugged," said Mick Jagger at the time. In an exclusive clip, now streaming, the Stones play a rollicking live rendition of the Exile on Main Street favorite "Rip This Joint." Shot at Amsterdam's Paradiso, the video offers a sample of the set's previously unreleased concert footage, taken from three live shows in Europe during the summer of spring and summer of 1995. A deluxe edition of the Totally Stripped DVD includes a revised documentary of the same name, three previously unreleased full-length concerts and a 60-page hard-book set.

The Stones originally released Stripped in 1995 after their Voodoo Lounge tour. The album was designed as a meticulous compilation of signature Stones songs gleaned from studio sessions in Tokyo and Lisbon and a trio of live shows at small venues in Europe. The band intentionally veered away from drawing on larger shows to preserve the intimate, club-like atmosphere on the recording. As Keith Richards said at the time: "There's something about playing small venues, the immediacy of it. Also we can keep God out the band, because on big gigs he sometimes turns up as rain or wind."

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: June 3, 2016 14:29

Awesome! Thanks for posting, Cristiano smileys with beer

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 3, 2016 14:30

Got it right now and watching paradise...errr paradiso...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 3, 2016 16:02

DandelionPowderman
Keith's Rip This Joint-intro is worth the money alone grinning smiley

>grinning smiley<

...Enjoy the upcoming stuff, Dandy.
I already know you will. smoking smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 3, 2016 17:01

Got mine yesterday, weekend ahead .... gonna have a blast & a party! smiling bouncing smiley

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: June 3, 2016 20:05

Holy sweet mother! Just received this box set. I never realized Paradiso has Connection with Mick and Keith co-lead vocals.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: June 3, 2016 20:11

For those who understand Dutch; the original review in the Volkskrant after the Paradiso gigs...

sjouke

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 3, 2016 20:12

So far I've seen clips of Miss You and Rip This Joint...great stuff. Cannot WAIT to get this next week.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 3, 2016 20:12

Just got mine from Amazon. Ordered Thursday as I didn't have the money until last minute. Can't wait to play this but can't decide which show to start with. Love options and so glad to have this after all these years.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 3, 2016 20:53

The (complete )Tumbling Dice warm up in the Documentary is priceless thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

HMN

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 3, 2016 21:08

a question about the sound quality of the DVD: Is it just me who's got the impression that the sound of the DVD is much more muddy than the sound of the original Stripped CD? For example: Let in Bleed from Amsterdam lacks a lot of sharpness

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 3, 2016 21:51

This set would have been totally orgasmic if it had included some "Toshiba sessions" footage from March and stuff from the "Bagley’s Warehouse" shooting (Sept. 95).
Mick's too conservative : we wanted the full Monty!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 3, 2016 22:18

Just picked mine up from Oxford street ( hmv ). Will have to wait till Monday to play it thou.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 3, 2016 22:19

I'm waiting for the price to drop on this, looks like a nice set.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 3, 2016 22:35

I'm surprised, and disappointed (as I'd like to watch it tonight!) that no actual stores here in the US seem to have the deluxe version. Online only it seems? I tried a few good local shops near Boston (Newbury Comics, Bull Moose) and just looked online at Amoeba - and if they don't have it, no one does. Guess it's Amazon.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home