Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 1, 2016 15:52

TheGreek
what is on the two DVD edition from BESTBUY?

In Europe we have the DVD + CD version.
In the US they have the BR + CD version

Same content on the DVD than on the BR : the documentary

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-01 15:54 by Doc.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 1, 2016 16:36

Doc
TheGreek
what is on the two DVD edition from BESTBUY?

In Europe we have the DVD + CD version.
In the US they have the BR + CD version

Same content on the DVD than on the BR : the documentary
thank you for the info but what is the BR stand for ? is that for blue ray ? because at bestbuy they have a blue ray version and a dvd version with 2 discs which they say they are both dvd's ?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 1, 2016 16:45

Think the Blu-ray is simply the documentary and a CD if you get the two disc set

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 1, 2016 17:26

I think the version of Like A Rolling Stone on the new Totally Stripped CD is lame compared to the one on Strippd.

Besides that, I like the "loose" feel on some of the cuts on the new Totally Stripped CD, e.g. Honky Tonk Women (with a nice piano solo by Chuck, different to the one he usually plays and we all now by heart), Not Fade Away and others.

Date: June 1, 2016 17:30

I liked the acoustic version of LARS, but for different reasons. Both are great, imo.

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: June 1, 2016 17:57

Miss You cool smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 1, 2016 18:14

Ale67
toomuchforme
watching totally Stripped. The sound is fantastic.

Could you please tell me if booklet is in English, too and if English subtitles are included in the documentary? Thank you

subtitles in japanese only. 2 booklets : one english one japanese

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Ale67 ()
Date: June 1, 2016 18:19

Doc
Valeswood
Ale67
The LARS version on the cd is totally unreleased to my ears.
Slower, simpler, somewhat a little uncertain, a completely different mix compared to the original 1995 Stripped version and single edited version.
Am I wrong?

Wasn't LARS from the original 1995 album from Brixton?

Yes, LARS on Stripped was from brixton, on Totally Stripped it's from the 1st Paradiso gig.
If you compare the sound of the only common track to both releases (Street Fighting Man from 1st Paradiso), you notice a clear difference between the Don Was and Bob Clearmountain works.

I am a big fan of Bob's work, but it seems more accurate on live recordings in bigger venues like stadiums ans arenas. The job made by Don Was on Stripped is a bit better IMHO

Thank you guys smileys with beer

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 1, 2016 18:49

plqmule
Miss You cool smiley

[www.youtube.com]

*oh hey I thought 'low down nasty time' was special for me in San Diego :-/
Sweet film shots pretty hot makes me want to throw a party when get to play these discs. This weekend should be it.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 1, 2016 19:21

Wow, nice teaser. Thanks for posting. Looks very nice.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 1, 2016 20:49

35love
plqmule
Miss You cool smiley

[www.youtube.com]

*oh hey I thought 'low down nasty time' was special for me in San Diego :-/
Sweet film shots pretty hot makes me want to throw a party when get to play these discs. This weekend should be it.

Really NICE!
Just today I got the note that my Totally Stripped is there for me before this weekend! Can't wait!

Miss You: is this the first time, I see all 3 Stones play with Strats together? Even Darryl plays one Fender Jazz bass if I'm not mistaken...

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: June 2, 2016 02:28

need some clarification. i was just going to buy it friday but the 5 disc version is ONLY from amazon?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 2, 2016 04:35

bottom line. Don't waste your money on the 2 disc version which is the documentary and a cd. Buy the 5 disc. It's Expensive but it's great and I have no regrets plunking down the cash for it. I spend this much taking my wife and 2 kids out to the movies with popcorn and a soda followed by a quick bite at a fast food joint. In the grand scheme of life it ain't that much.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: June 2, 2016 06:02

Just got me the Amazon version...The Mrs. and I went to a Zuni Arts Festival last week and she spent some ca$h on jewelry so I thought "Oh Ho!!"...worth the $100...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2016 08:59

rovalle
Just got me the Amazon version...The Mrs. and I went to a Zuni Arts Festival last week and she spent some ca$h on jewelry so I thought "Oh Ho!!"...worth the $100...

i got me orders from amazon.co.uk for the superdeluxe version and KEITH on vinyl due any day now, and the vinyl version of TOTALLY from amazon.ca next week.

it's a stones summer! hopefully the new album will at least do a 'traditional' single release in august before the album comes out in september.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 2, 2016 09:31

sundevil
need some clarification. i was just going to buy it friday but the 5 disc version is ONLY from amazon?

No, you also can buy it at www.jpc.de,www.bol.com.
Jeroen

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 2, 2016 12:59

Bashlets
bottom line. Don't waste your money on the 2 disc version which is the documentary and a cd. Buy the 5 disc. It's Expensive but it's great and I have no regrets plunking down the cash for it. I spend this much taking my wife and 2 kids out to the movies with popcorn and a soda followed by a quick bite at a fast food joint. In the grand scheme of life it ain't that much.

Thanks.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 2, 2016 13:25

plqmule
Miss You cool smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Lisa makes this one almost an x-rated experience....

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: June 2, 2016 17:27

Hi, if anybody knows it will be 4:3 or 16:9 format? because on trailer is 4:3.

thx

Posted by: Camm ()
Date: June 2, 2016 19:20

Just got off the phone with Amazon customer service because I thought it was odd my order of the limited edition hadn't shipped yet and I hadn't been charged, though it was supposed to ship yesterday for release date delivery. The lady told me the orders won't ship until June 3 because it's not in stock yet. Not in stock yet? The day before release? Seems some, like myself, might be having to wait a few more days.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 2, 2016 19:25

RollingTbilisiStones

Hi, if anybody knows it will be 4:3 or 16:9 format?

The menus are 16:9 but the concerts / the documentary itself are 4:3.

Btw: 'The Spider and the Fly' from the Tokyo-Studio-Sessions (March 1995) isn't complete in the new documentary - it's interrupted by a short interview piece with Mick .... sad smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 2, 2016 19:33

Camm
Just got off the phone with Amazon customer service because I thought it was odd my order of the limited edition hadn't shipped yet and I hadn't been charged, though it was supposed to ship yesterday for release date delivery. The lady told me the orders won't ship until June 3 because it's not in stock yet. Not in stock yet? The day before release? Seems some, like myself, might be having to wait a few more days.

Sorry to hear that. My Amazon (US) Stripped deluxe shipped today for delivery tomorrow. I am a Prime member so possibly that helped. Best of luck in receiving your purchase sooner than later.

Needless to say, I am very stoked for this.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 2, 2016 19:35

Camm

Not in stock yet?

I got my 5-Discs Blu-ray Edition over-punctual this morning from bol.de ....

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 2, 2016 20:46

Camm
Just got off the phone with Amazon customer service because I thought it was odd my order of the limited edition hadn't shipped yet and I hadn't been charged, though it was supposed to ship yesterday for release date delivery. The lady told me the orders won't ship until June 3 because it's not in stock yet. Not in stock yet? The day before release? Seems some, like myself, might be having to wait a few more days.[/quote
Strange indeed as mine shipped today for delivery tomorrow also from Amazon.

Date: June 2, 2016 21:18

Sounds like she (they) don't know what's up.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 2, 2016 21:30

Mine is in route from Amazon to arrive before 8pm tomorrow!

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 2, 2016 21:35

Camm
Sounds like she (they) don't know what's up.

Go back to your order and choose the 2 day delivery method, it cost a few more bucks but changed the arrival date from Monday to tomorrow, hope this might help you out! I don't know how well I will sleep tonight...smiling smiley

Date: June 2, 2016 21:38

2 day shipping is what I selected when I pre-ordered. Thank you for the suggestion though

Date: June 2, 2016 22:52

strange, hope from tv meny will be possible to change into 16"9, thanx

Date: June 2, 2016 22:57

Irix
RollingTbilisiStones

Hi, if anybody knows it will be 4:3 or 16:9 format?

The menus are 16:9 but the concerts / the documentary itself are 4:3.

Btw: 'The Spider and the Fly' from the Tokyo-Studio-Sessions (March 1995) isn't complete in the new documentary - it's interrupted by a short interview piece with Mick .... sad smiley

strange, hope from tv meny will be possible to change into 16"9, thanx

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1376
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home