Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 17, 2016 11:53

A "from the vault" release in a few years ?
confused smiley

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 17, 2016 15:35

Does anybody knows what happen to Totally Stripped release for Spain and Portugal?

None of major national online sellers did not listed it yet. I am talking about amazon.es, fnac.es, fnac.pt Is it postponed in this part of EU or what?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 17, 2016 15:38

I've got a really dumb question on the shows being released here. There weren't all totally acoustic, were they? Just a higher quantity of acoustic songs than usual and higher variety??

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 17, 2016 16:01

I think "stripped" means less onstage musicians and club shows. Even though the acoustic thing was a big deal at the time. Thankfully they didn't do a full concert with acoustic guitars. In my opinion that would be boring.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 17, 2016 18:58

ironbelly
Does anybody knows what happen to Totally Stripped release for Spain and Portugal?

None of major national online sellers did not listed it yet. I am talking about amazon.es, fnac.es, fnac.pt Is it postponed in this part of EU or what?

Good question...
One explanation could be that not enough copies are ready for a global european release because of massive stocks in UK, NL, France and Germany so less strategic markets with fewer selling potential will have a delayed release

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 17, 2016 19:22

frankotero
I think "stripped" means less onstage musicians and club shows. Even though the acoustic thing was a big deal at the time. Thankfully they didn't do a full concert with acoustic guitars. In my opinion that would be boring.

Good point, 'stripped' is different than 'unplugged'. Which too was a bit of a misnomer as there certainly was amplification! Thanks.

Date: May 17, 2016 20:36

Doc
ironbelly

Good question...
One explanation could be that not enough copies are ready for a global european release because of massive stocks in UK, NL, France and Germany so less strategic markets with fewer selling potential will have a delayed release
Possibly true. I must admit that the way they put latest releases in Portugal is kind of erratic. Some Girls, Live in Texas, Sweet Summer Sun, Sticky Fingers were released on time and with reasonable promotions/discounts at fnac.pt. While Vault series with big delay and overpriced. Kind of a mess here.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 17, 2016 22:14

Isn't this set being released this Friday in Japan?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 17, 2016 22:53

Supposed to be released this Friday in Japan. CD Japan says it usually ships by the release day I got the four disc Blu-ray with the bonus CD and T-shirt

Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: May 18, 2016 03:18

Doc
slowhand
Doc
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
HamburgerToGo
Look, folks - either buy it or not.
Truth is, ALL of the listed content is quite readily available on Good-to-Excellent Quality DVD / CD boots - and has been for years.

The new 90 minute documentary as well?

Where is the video from those concerts available? And Paradiso 1 in good quality?

Exactly.

Wrong
The 90 min version is brand new. It is a chronological documentary, unlike the 1st version. Better picture quality, easier to watch. Not perfect though since some songs are cut with interviews, but they are available without cuts in the deluxe edition.

The 60 min had 2 songs from the 2nd Paradiso show, which have disappeared.
Otherwise, the deluxe version brings you complete uncut versions of everything that was in the original Stripped 60 min documentary.

Are you saying that some songs that were complete in the original documentary are now cut in the new 90 minute documentary? If so, which ones?

The 2 songs from the second Paradiso show that disappeared from the original 60 minute documentary will not be available in the new official release? What 2 songs are they? I think one of them is "Shine A Light" which I think was the same version included on the original Stripped CD. That would suck if true because I thought it was a great version although I haven't heard the version included on the new release. If true, I'll just have to hang on to my Jointrip DVD of the original documentary.

Dead Flowers and SAL from the 2nd Paradiso are NOT in the new documentary, which features ZERO content from the 2nd Paradiso gig.
SAL is now from Paris and Dead Flowers from the 1st Paradiso

The songs that are cut or incomplete in the new documentary are all available on the original or new CD
On video, the shows on which the new documentary is based are available without cut as complete performances in the deluxe editions.

Thank you for the info! Looks like I'll be hanging on to my Jointrip boot for the Paradiso 2 material, without a doubt! I'm still very excited for the deluxe Blu-ray set, I really like the idea of the documentary set up chronologically and of course the three complete shows.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 19, 2016 11:19

So did anyone here get this already? If it'll come out tomorrow in Japan I think the first ones already get it today. I have to wait until the European release in two weeks but I am looking forward to hear all your reviews.

Date: May 19, 2016 12:52

sorry, double post

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-19 12:56 by hockenheim95.

Date: May 19, 2016 12:53

[/quote]

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: May 19, 2016 14:07

My copy shipped from CdJapan this morning.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 19, 2016 15:53

I just received confirmation my order was processed by Ward Records (Japan) for the deluxe box set with vinyl. Yay! Can't wait to hear this one!

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: May 19, 2016 18:15

Obviously the first people in Japan got their copy...

This is the 4 SD BluRay + 2CD + Shirt Deluxe package

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 19, 2016 19:47

Doc
A "from the vault" release in a few years ?

A super-duper DELUXE "4 discs/4 shows" set for X-mas? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 19, 2016 23:28

My box set was shipped from JAPAN today ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: May 20, 2016 03:21

My copy shipped too. Last time I ordered from them I got it in about a week in USA

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 20, 2016 06:29

its fantastic try to understand a lot of impossible to read symbols in your email but at final the numbers 5 24 2016.... that is the delivery date of the japan deluxe box in home!!!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 20, 2016 07:33

Great!!!!!
Rip it up friends ......

Date: May 20, 2016 17:05

Guess, nobody wants to open the very 1st Japanese pressing. You are absolutely right, guys, keep them sealed! They are collector's items winking smiley

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: May 20, 2016 18:31

My copy shipped from Japan yesterday >grinning smiley<

Date: May 20, 2016 21:56

Date: May 21, 2016 02:50

So no reviews yet from our Japanese fans?

Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: May 21, 2016 07:52

Bashlets

Amaging!!
"Connection" from Paradiso is especially wonderful!!!
[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]

And we can SEE the full chorus of "Tumbling Dice" rehearsal version, which we could only HEAR its first half in CD single (Virgin VSCDT 1578), following live version from Olympia.

Anyway, no words needed to explain how spectacular Totally Stripped is.

atsu69(atsu-y)
[wwr6.ucom.ne.jp]

Date: May 21, 2016 11:15

atsu69
Bashlets

Amaging!!
[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]

And we can SEE the full chorus of "Tumbling Dice" rehearsal version, which we could only HEAR its first half in CD single (Virgin VSCDT 1578), following live version from Olympia.

atsu69(atsu-y)
[wwr6.ucom.ne.jp]

This makes so much fun. I really would like to see the whole thing right now. Think I have to wait two weeks.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 21, 2016 12:26

atsu69
Bashlets

Amaging!!
[twitter.com]
[twitter.com]

atsu69(atsu-y)
[wwr6.ucom.ne.jp]

thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: May 21, 2016 12:58

toomuchforme
My box set was shipped from JAPAN today ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

link to order ? in english , thanks ....

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 21, 2016 16:45

austrianstones

link to order ?

The japanese Editions are also available at jpc in Germany: [www.jpc.de] ( worldwide shipping available: [www.jpc.de] ).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home