Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 32
Re: Havana Cuba 25-Mar-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 26, 2016 06:31

Cristiano Radtke

[www.miamiherald.com]

Nice to see Argentinians fans everywhere!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 26, 2016 06:37

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 26, 2016 06:48

Quique-stone
Cristiano Radtke

[www.miamiherald.com]

Yes!

[www.clarin.com]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 06:53

So what's a guesstimate on the crowd in attendance, numbers wise?

Rod

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 07:00

shattered
GlimmerGirl24
Someone - I think Jambay, posted something really nice about me tonight that made me blush. Of course, now I can't find the post. But thank you, it was very sweet of you.

I wish I'd been in Havana - of course I would have spent the whole concert walking around looking for signal. I would have found it if I had to get a couple of tin cans, a string and are Reynolds Wrap. smiling smiley
I wanted to compliment on your work about trouble with the venue and tracking the ships.

I love that stuff, I think I was Sherlock Holmes or a bloodhound in another life. smiling smiley Thank you for the compliment.

I want to thank all of you for the Periscope links, photos, videos, setlist complaints and praises, humor and fun on concert nights. I felt like I was there instead of at home, on the couch with the Kitten Cats, in my jammies with an array of devices surrounding me. There were nights (the rainy ones) when I was glad I was watching with all of you via Periscope.

It's an abrupt ending to the tour - so I'll probably wean myself off Olè by watching The Who and Springsteen scopes. I hope you're there too.

And we have the fall to look forward to - hopefully I meet some of you in Vegas, Chicago and NYC. And of course hanging out twice a week here watching the scopes together.

I think I might have to invest in Bluetooth speakers for the autumn leg. If I don't spend too much on tickets and travel. Any suggestions?

Date: March 26, 2016 07:01

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 26, 2016 07:14

Quique-stone
Cristiano Radtke

[www.miamiherald.com]

Hey Jan, 1st row as usual? Hope you got a great time in Cuba!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 07:14 by MAF.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 26, 2016 07:20

GlimmerGirl24
shattered
GlimmerGirl24
Someone - I think Jambay, posted something really nice about me tonight that made me blush. Of course, now I can't find the post. But thank you, it was very sweet of you.

I wish I'd been in Havana - of course I would have spent the whole concert walking around looking for signal. I would have found it if I had to get a couple of tin cans, a string and are Reynolds Wrap. smiling smiley
I wanted to compliment on your work about trouble with the venue and tracking the ships.

I love that stuff, I think I was Sherlock Holmes or a bloodhound in another life. smiling smiley Thank you for the compliment.

I want to thank all of you for the Periscope links, photos, videos, setlist complaints and praises, humor and fun on concert nights. I felt like I was there instead of at home, on the couch with the Kitten Cats, in my jammies with an array of devices surrounding me. There were nights (the rainy ones) when I was glad I was watching with all of you via Periscope.

It's an abrupt ending to the tour - so I'll probably wean myself off Olè by watching The Who and Springsteen scopes. I hope you're there too.

And we have the fall to look forward to - hopefully I meet some of you in Vegas, Chicago and NYC. And of course hanging out twice a week here watching the scopes together.

I think I might have to invest in Bluetooth speakers for the autumn leg. If I don't spend too much on tickets and travel. Any suggestions?
Save up cash since I think the next show in NYC Madison Square is No. 25.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 07:24

Wow, I thought I recognised Dutchman Jan. I've met him at seversl shows before. In Oslo 2 years ago he'd seen 150 shows to date and no doubt that figure's gone up since then. Does he post on here? I know he has a black sports car with Mick snd Keith painted onto it.

Date: March 26, 2016 07:53

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 07:57

From our newspaper (german) with picture gallery: Stones inspire half a million cubans

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 26, 2016 08:09

I'm catching up on all the pictures and comments now, as I was at a youth group throughout the show. Thank you so much everybody for posting all of the amazing pictures and comments! It's been an amazing tour, and I loved coming here each concert night to hang out with you guys (and on non-concert days too, of course). IORR and all the wonderful people here mean a lot to me. During this tour, I noticed it was my one year anniversary of joining IORR! March 8th, 2015. Thank you to everybody for being so warm and welcoming, and for all the fun times. And I know there's many more fun times yet to come. It's a routine of mine to check in here every day, and see what's happening with everybody. I mean, we're all a big virtually-connected family here, I think. I guess I'm just sentimental at the end of the tour.
Thank you all for everything! I'll see you again when I log in tomorrow...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 08:21 by stones2000.

Date: March 26, 2016 08:11

Date: March 26, 2016 08:17

Photos: Miami Herald / AL DIAZ

Date: March 26, 2016 08:26

Date: March 26, 2016 08:44

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 26, 2016 09:06

Lots of smartphones for a communist country smiling smiley

Date: March 26, 2016 09:23

bitusa2012

By watching the photos and videos, I guess 200,000.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 26, 2016 09:31

Cristiano Radtke
bitusa2012

News here and there says half a million

Date: March 26, 2016 09:37

Harm
Cristiano Radtke
bitusa2012

Yep, I read that too. But by watching this video I highly doubt about that. And this report written by someone who was in Havana says there was more than 100,000 people there.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: March 26, 2016 09:51

Quique-stone
Cristiano Radtke

[www.miamiherald.com]

think i know these people from somewhere smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: March 26, 2016 09:58

Cristiano Radtke
Harm
Cristiano Radtke
bitusa2012

Yep, I read that too. But by watching this video I highly doubt about that. And this report written by someone who was in Havana says there was more than 100,000 people there.

According to an article published a couple of hours ago. "The Ciudad Deportiva sports complex in the Cuban capital, with a capacity of 450,000, was crammed. The sea of people flowed beyond into the streets, with crowds even standing thick on neighboring rooftops for a total of about half a million fans."

Date: March 26, 2016 10:22

How many people do we have on this photo? Make it ten times and we'll probably not have 500,000 people. This is what 500,000 people looks like. Anyway, what's important is that everybody who was there and those who followed tonight's concert at their homes were having a great time. smileys with beer

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: March 26, 2016 10:22

[news.sky.com]
a bit longer jjf

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 26, 2016 10:31

MAF
Quique-stone
Cristiano Radtke

[www.miamiherald.com]

Hey Jan, 1st row as usual? Hope you got a great time in Cuba!!!

Sorry, but people who have seen the Stones 150 times shouldn´t take the
place in the front row that was meant for a Cuban - who has never seen the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-26 10:33 by TooTough.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 26, 2016 10:38

Is Jan the guy with a beard on the right? Pretty sure he was in the exact same spot at HP2, good for him!

Thanks for the videos, that first one seemed to have an IEM feed, hadn't heard Keith's guitar "cut" like this for a while! They really sounded like a garage band ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 26, 2016 10:44

I'm kind of curious as to the percentage of Cubans that attended the concert as compared to those coming in from other countries. Many Cubans do not have enough money to even travel to the concert, nor internet access to even know about the concert. All advertisement is prohibited in Cuba, and that also included no posters anywhere of the Rolling Stones concert. At least, that is what I read in various articles.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 26, 2016 10:55

campxray
I'm kind of curious as to the percentage of Cubans that attended the concert as compared to those coming in from other countries. Many Cubans do not have enough money to even travel to the concert,

I've read there were caravns of buses bringingppl to the show from all the island.
Methinks Mick had a far greater impact on Cuban ppl than Obama...

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 26, 2016 10:58

It makes my heart sing to see the Cuban fans deliriously happy.

Date: March 26, 2016 11:16

dcba
campxray
I'm kind of curious as to the percentage of Cubans that attended the concert as compared to those coming in from other countries. Many Cubans do not have enough money to even travel to the concert,

I've read there were caravns of buses bringingppl to the show from all the island.
Methinks Mick had a far greater impact on Cuban ppl than Obama...

smileys with beer to Mick.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 32

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2070
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home