Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 17
Re: Rolling Stones LA Rehearsals - January 2016
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 18, 2016 07:31

TornAndFried
The Mez
Any guesses on them picking a song never played live before or 1-2 tunes rarely played that they will rehearse & maybe play this tour? They usually do such. I'm hoping for Out Of Time, Time Waits For No One, Torn and Frayed, Fancyman Blues or Laugh I Nearly Died.

There's no chance they will play any of those songs...and little chance they will play anything unusual for a South American stadium show.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: January 18, 2016 10:11

The Mez
Any guesses on them picking a song never played live before or 1-2 tunes rarely played that they will rehearse & maybe play this tour? They usually do such. I'm hoping for Out Of Time, Time Waits For No One, Torn and Frayed, Fancyman Blues or Laugh I Nearly Died. MEZ

They played Torn and Frayed in 1972 and 2002 I think

Date: January 18, 2016 10:21

thecitadel
The Mez
Any guesses on them picking a song never played live before or 1-2 tunes rarely played that they will rehearse & maybe play this tour? They usually do such. I'm hoping for Out Of Time, Time Waits For No One, Torn and Frayed, Fancyman Blues or Laugh I Nearly Died. MEZ

They played Torn and Frayed in 1972 and 2002 I think

Yep, they did.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: January 18, 2016 11:30

Why is sally going going to rehearsals ?

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: January 18, 2016 11:38

ohmercy61

Maybe she´s been inspired by Yoko Ono winking smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 18, 2016 12:15

ohmercy61

BECAUSE Sally is in LA, apparently, does not mean she is going TO the rehearsals. Big city....

Rod

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 18, 2016 12:20

ohmercy61

Sally is married to Ronnie. The Rolling Stones bring their wifes and family on the tour. I would do the same if I could afford it. For them the tour start when they leave home.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 18, 2016 14:27

bv
ohmercy61

Sally is married to Ronnie. The Rolling Stones bring their wifes and family on the tour. I would do the same if I could afford it. For them the tour start when they leave home.

*For all the tickets you help sell, be nice if 2 first class tickets arrived for you.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: January 18, 2016 15:28

bv
ohmercy61

So rehearsals are in LA, not Chile or something?
(Just wondering)

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 18, 2016 15:44

Do they truly need to rehearse Brown Sugar again? I can play it with my feet...

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 18, 2016 16:32

To mention just the (IMO) worst standard songs: I think chances for Tumbling Dice, Miss You, Satisfaction, Sympathy are 100 % each, Angie 85 %, Like A Rolling Stone 60%.

Rarities? Maybe two, three all together (incl. KR set) - like Worried About You's first stadium appearance 2006. Maybe Undercover Of The Night, like 1995.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-18 16:32 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: January 18, 2016 16:33

bv
ohmercy61

And they go to the church every week, bye bye rock'n'roll way of life! >grinning smiley<

Date: January 18, 2016 16:51

Monsoon Ragoon
To mention just the (IMO) worst standard songs: I think chances for Tumbling Dice, Miss You, Satisfaction, Sympathy are 100 % each, Angie 85 %, Like A Rolling Stone 60%.

Rarities? Maybe two, three all together (incl. KR set) - like Worried About You's first stadium appearance 2006. Maybe Undercover Of The Night, like 1995.

How did you calculate that?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 18, 2016 16:54

bv
ohmercy61

Does Shirley Watts come along also? I believe she didnt at one time, maybe when their daughter was growing up.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 18, 2016 16:58

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

There's an app for that

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 18, 2016 17:18

Munichhilton

without practicing?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 18, 2016 17:21

Natlanta
Munichhilton

without practicing?

Thats the way keith plays the intro.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: January 18, 2016 17:24

Munichhilton

Yes they do........

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 18, 2016 18:42

strat72
Munichhilton

Yes they do........

Yes, I agree. In fact, they need to rehearse all the so-called 'warhorses' as much as any other number.

Date: January 18, 2016 18:44

I'm just glad the Brazilian Embassy was pretty sharpish in issuing Charlie's visa winking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 18, 2016 19:30

Big Al
I'm just glad the Brazilian Embassy was pretty sharpish in issuing Charlie's visa winking smiley

Why would Charlie need a visa to go to Brazil?

Nate thumbs up

Date: January 18, 2016 19:37

Nate
Big Al

Nate thumbs up
de

Why wouldn't he? Do you have a knowledge of Brazilian immigration law? I regret posr

Date: January 18, 2016 19:37

Nate
Big Al

As he's 'earning' money whilst there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-18 19:39 by Big Al.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: January 18, 2016 20:15

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Just think each Stones'warhorses is a natural disaster, and that you are an insurer.

Grab a savvy algorithm, partner with SAS or Oracle, use cloud computing, predictive analytics, add massive big data, and ask "What are the odds of a Brown Sugar phenomenon (first reported by witnesses in 1969) in Rio?"

That will do. Very simple.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: January 18, 2016 23:11

We'll soon be in that often repeated stage where we'll start getting reports from LA about all these obscure and underplayed songs done at rehearsal that won't make it to the stage once the tours starts.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 18, 2016 23:57

Some people like to travel on their own. Others like to be with their partners at all times. I see their families at times on tour, but I think they should have their privacy for themselves, and not have all these details published here. Some family members are seen at airports with band members, meaning they are public. Others arrive separately and not in public, which means they see their travel as private. I think we should respect their privacy.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 18, 2016 23:59

Boognish
We'll soon be in that often repeated stage where we'll start getting reports from LA about all these obscure and underplayed songs done at rehearsal that won't make it to the stage once the tours starts.

I hope so!
But not likely.
Times have changed. Not much information about rehearsals/recordingsessions the last few years.

Date: January 19, 2016 01:33

Big Al
strat72
Munichhilton

Yes they do........

Yes, I agree. In fact, they need to rehearse all the so-called 'warhorses' as much as any other number.

Probably more. Those songs are the highlights of the show. They can't afford to train wreck them.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 19, 2016 01:53

bv
Some people like to travel on their own. Others like to be with their partners at all times. I see their families at times on tour, but I think they should have their privacy for themselves, and not have all these details published here. Some family members are seen at airports with band members, meaning they are public. Others arrive separately and not in public, which means they see their travel as private. I think we should respect their privacy.

Well, with due respect, that's pretty easy for you to say mate. You, after all, get to see the circus first hand all the time! We mere mortals get a bit excited when anything of the band or family is published! This IS just a picture of them at the airport isn't it? Were allowed to comment on that, surely.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-19 01:56 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 19, 2016 02:01

The Sicilian

Can anyone identify the handbag and boots? Also Ronnies sneakers? I guess denim is in big time for 2016. Even for women's skirts.

Tweet her; she's quite good about replying.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2275
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home