Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 17
Re: Rolling Stones LA Rehearsals - January 2016
Date: January 20, 2016 20:37

chrism13
Last time they did Heard it thru the grapevine in rehearsals. Anybody have a copy of that?

Was that before the BB tour or before 50 & counting?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 20, 2016 20:41

mrfancyman

Technical question:
- What are these (left and right of the monitor)?
- High tone monitors?

Mr.Fancyman

They look like LED light banks to me.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 20, 2016 21:15

roller99
Location confirmed, watch for my post Thursday.

Yes, I would be interested.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: January 20, 2016 21:30

DandelionPowderman
chrism13
Last time they did Heard it thru the grapevine in rehearsals. Anybody have a copy of that?

For 50 & Counting 2013, but does not exist audio availablesad smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 20, 2016 22:27

Woo! Sasha Allen is lovely. smiling smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 20, 2016 23:35

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Dman51
May have missed this but why was Lisa replaced this tour? Excited to see a new fresh take with Sasha but Lisa always posted great content throughout the tours on fbook etc.

She booked a full tour, and said she wouldn't be joining them this time.

That is the official reason. The cynic might say she fell for the age limit and was replaced by a 25 years younger copy of herself.
Those geriatric septuagenarians still wants to come forward as a young and contemporary band.

Of course that's the reason, looks, weight. Mick wants to be seen with a young sexy woman (not to impugn her singing which I'm sure is fine). It's showbiz, she's a backup singer. Let's be honest.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 20, 2016 23:47

Big Al

yeah, and sexy as hell
jeroen

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 21, 2016 00:06

...So Mick can make a sexy duet on "Miss you" again...winking smileycool smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: January 21, 2016 00:30

SO ANYWAY WHAT S THEY PLAY ?
hope the setlist will be good on this tour .
if someone is In LA please let s us know what they play

One love

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 21, 2016 00:46

jhrock83
SO ANYWAY WHAT S THEY PLAY ?
hope the setlist will be good on this tour .
if someone is In LA please let s us know what they play

One love

thumbs up

1. A Blues Jam ("Maybe")................... )
..... and maybe:
2. ........................................?
3. ........................................?
4. Warhorses DELUXE.........................
5. (I Can't Get No) SATISFACTION.

thumbs up

Edit: I edited my reaction 9 times... Making a rehearsal setlist ain't easy.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-21 08:10 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 21, 2016 01:16

In my opinion they'll make a "Greatest Hits" set-list with a couple of surprises...It is ten years that they don't perform in South America

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: January 21, 2016 01:45

Agreed mailexile67

Date: January 21, 2016 10:50

rogerriffin
DandelionPowderman
chrism13

For 50 & Counting 2013, but does not exist audio availablesad smiley

Yeah, that's right. Before ABB they rehearsed «Africa» by Sly & The Family Stones, if memory serves..

Date: January 21, 2016 10:51

Rokyfan
Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Dman51
May have missed this but why was Lisa replaced this tour? Excited to see a new fresh take with Sasha but Lisa always posted great content throughout the tours on fbook etc.

That is the official reason. The cynic might say she fell for the age limit and was replaced by a 25 years younger copy of herself.
Those geriatric septuagenarians still wants to come forward as a young and contemporary band.

Of course that's the reason, looks, weight. Mick wants to be seen with a young sexy woman (not to impugn her singing which I'm sure is fine). It's showbiz, she's a backup singer. Let's be honest.

Time will prove you wrong if Lisa comes back for future tours. We'll just have to wait and see..

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: January 21, 2016 12:06

DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan
Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Dman51

Time will prove you wrong if Lisa comes back for future tours. We'll just have to wait and see..

Not trying to make a point - genuinely want an opinion on this: Based on Lisa in Gimme Shelter from 2012 to date, ignoring the history and that she's basically part of the band etc. etc., do people think she's still the right person to do what she did?

Personally, my opinion is a refresh is necessary, because aside from the looks/weight/age, she just can't carry her parts anymore...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 21, 2016 13:35

i know this is probably fantasy on my part but i would really love it if the Stones worked up "let it loose" from Exile with the leslie infused guitars that could be a nice surprise in the setlist !

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 21, 2016 13:38

I think that Lisa had the opportunity to do something on her own and she took it. She may have compromised her ability to tour with the stones in the process but it is a choice she made. She is a top-notch singer and as long as she remains able to sing at that level, she will have offers for more work. Good for Lisa.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 21, 2016 14:07

Hmm.. a nice sounding and looking new "Lisa". And seemingly a representative of VOICE generation of singers; The Stones are really updating their game to latest currents... (though she had experience of HAIR musical as well, and Mick... well, he has also history picking up girls from that source...).

But we have to remember Bernard Fowler is a singer of Steven Seagal, so who cares about the past..grinning smiley

All the best, Sasha, you have big shoes to fill, probably the best task in business, but surely you are able to do that and add your own flavor!thumbs up

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-21 14:09 by Doxa.

Date: January 21, 2016 14:12

Doxa
Hmm.. a nice sounding and looking new "Lisa". And seemingly a representative of VOICE generation of singers; The Stones are really updating their game to latest currents... (though she had experience of HAIR musical as well, and Mick... well, he has also history picking up girls from that source...).

But we have to remember Bernard Fowler is a singer of Steven Seagal, so who cares about the past..grinning smiley

All the best, Sasha, you have big shoes to fill, probably the best task in business, but surely you are able to do that and add your own flavor!thumbs up

- Doxa

What do you mean? Is he singing with Steven now? Here's Steven and Taj Mahal smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 21, 2016 14:13

TheGreek
i know this is probably fantasy on my part but i would really love it if the Stones worked up "let it loose" from Exile with the leslie infused guitars that could be a nice surprise in the setlist !

Agreed. I would put "Soul Survivor" in the dream show also.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 21, 2016 14:46

As usual we'll get an exciting set of songs from the rehearsals.
But we have learnt that the "odd" songs not are expected to appear at the shows.
Probably it's the way they work, at least at the rehearsals before a tour start after a long break.
Pick up old songs, get in the right mood and so on. The Stones themselves are the persons that best of all know how to work at rehearsals.

But isn't it fantastic that they still are around at this level? At their age and after all these years?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 21, 2016 14:55

Thommie
As usual we'll get an exciting set of songs from the rehearsals.
But we have learnt that the "odd" songs not are expected to appear at the shows.
Probably it's the way they work, at least at the rehearsals before a tour start after a long break.
Pick up old songs, get in the right mood and so on. The Stones themselves are the persons that best of all know how to work at rehearsals.

But isn't it fantastic that they still are around at this level? At their age and after all these years?

Well Thommie,
its not a long break, just 6 months or so. But yeah, its great they are still gonna tour and great they are still here.
jeroen

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: January 21, 2016 14:59

It'll be the same show it's been since Hyde Park. That's what they know and that's what the people want.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 21, 2016 15:17

DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

What do you mean? Is he singing with Steven now? Here's Steven and Taj Mahal smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

No, he used to sing in Steven's band back in the late 80's or so. Said in a recent interview that he would never do such a thing again, didn't have much nice things to say about Steven's guitar skills...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: January 21, 2016 15:21

He he, cool smiling smiley He sounds all right in the clip I posted, doesn't he?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 21, 2016 15:26

corriecas
Big Al

yeah, and sexy as hell
jeroen

Deliciousspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 21, 2016 16:50

Some «new» songs in there:

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 21, 2016 16:55

Looks promising!
And 23 songs! Done deal?

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: January 21, 2016 16:55

DandelionPowderman
Some «new» songs in there:

Great! I'm glad they're rehearsing satisfaction. Finally we'll get to hear it live. Never mind about Mixed emotions, they can drop that one, it has been already played before.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 21, 2016 16:56

Probably just a run-through, not a setlist. Only one Keef-song as well..

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home