Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: LIVE ALBUM TALK: Love You Live
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 19, 2016 16:11

Yep, old bum's rush Jagger it is :E

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 19, 2016 16:17

Imo, it´s "All bums rush Jagger".

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: January 19, 2016 17:50

So this means: "someone throw this guy out"
Did I understand that correctly?

Date: January 19, 2016 18:34

DeeGee

If it's "all bums" it means Ronnie is saying that Jagger is bisexual.

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: January 19, 2016 18:38

Now I'm completely confused winking smiley)

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 19, 2016 19:16

DandelionPowderman
DeeGee

If it's "all bums" it means Ronnie is saying that Jagger is bisexual.

It makes sense in response to "Ron Wood´s gay".

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 19, 2016 20:07

DandelionPowderman
Are they good on their other songs too? As for sides 1,2, and 3, it was the first time I felt ripped off and disappointed by a Stones product. It's good that Some Girls wasn't too far behind.

They're not good, they're brilliant:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[/quote]

Thank you Sir. I'd like you all to study the band but Keith and Mick especially on these clips. Listen to Keiths guitar work. Keith at Mocambo was teaching us how to play the guitar if you're not Hendrix (or Taylor or Cooder for that matter). This is guitar from the mind, the soul but also the bone and flesh. It's minimalistic, it speaks volumes and it is played with "clumsy" big fingers and it sounds like some ancient caveman communicating trough time. Listen to HTW - what Keith plays. Or Dance Little Sister. Anything really.

Date: January 19, 2016 20:13

LYL version of Htw. Yes, it is the best version. No contest. Dont get me starting. Doesnt matter what shape he was in. Maybe the chemicals helped him focus. Anyway. This is how I learned how to play the guitar and also, why one has to play the guitar and what it means to communicate through rhythm. It's a pity all these supposedly catchy quotes about all you need is five strings has overshadowed the true artistic effort behind Keiths guitar playing in the 1970s. And the overlooked 1975-1977 era. video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: January 19, 2016 20:40

Are you sure that "Fingerprint File" is played live?
IMO this is played in a studio. Not live. Listen to the drums.
Song stopped and??????? for me not a live version.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 19, 2016 21:03

24FPS
matxil
For the most part, it's not a great live album, certainly not even close to Get Yer Ya Ya's Out. Some songs (You Gotta Move or You Can't Always Get) are alright, but lots of them are messy, noisy and with bad singing.

Except, however, for the only part I really like and occasionally still listen to, which is of course side 3, the Mocambo part. That side is fantastic. The guitars, the singing, everything about it is perfect. I think my favourite of those four is Cracking Up, Mick is excellent on that one, but Mannish Boy, Little Red Rooster and - especially - Around and Around are marvellous too. Here, they still prove that they really *are* the greatest rock and roll band in the world. The only sad thing about it is that I wasn't there in the audience during that gig. That must have been heaven.

Exactly what I would have said. I felt so ripped off by everything but the El Mocambo side. I've never heard the rest of that night. Are they good on their other songs too? As for sides 1,2, and 3, it was the first time I felt ripped off and disappointed by a Stones product. It's good that Some Girls wasn't too far behind.

Sorry, I meant sides 1, 2, and 4 aren't very good, not side 3, the Mocambo side.

Date: January 19, 2016 21:51

tioms
Are you sure that "Fingerprint File" is played live?
IMO this is played in a studio. Not live. Listen to the drums.
Song stopped and??????? for me not a live version.

The LYL version? It's an edited version from a very live and much longer version from Toronto 1975. It's fantastic on LYL, and unbelievably great without the edits. It should never have been touched, imo.

Posted by: z ()
Date: January 20, 2016 09:58

Redhotcarpet
LYL version of Htw. Yes, it is the best version. No contest. Dont get me starting. Doesnt matter what shape he was in. Maybe the chemicals helped him focus. Anyway. This is how I learned how to play the guitar and also, why one has to play the guitar and what it means to communicate through rhythm. It's a pity all these supposedly catchy quotes about all you need is five strings has overshadowed the true artistic effort behind Keiths guitar playing in the 1970s. And the overlooked 1975-1977 era. video: [www.youtube.com]

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 20, 2016 10:40

Redhotcarpet

Honky Tonk Women on LYL is supreme; it blows the studio version away. Charlie swings and is laidback. Mick sings the chorus properly, none of that drawn out EEEEEEEE on the chorus. And Keith... bloody fookin' hell, one of his finest moments ever - even the solo is perfection. But the little licks throughout the song - to this day, I've learned them all and yet when I listen to it... it still blows my mind. One of the few live tracks I never tire of hearing.

Listen to LA FRIDAY and then listen to LYL - somehow they captured the perfect performance of Honky Tonk Women for LYL.

Posted by: z ()
Date: January 20, 2016 12:37

GasLightStreet
Redhotcarpet

Honky Tonk Women on LYL is supreme; it blows the studio version away. Charlie swings and is laidback. Mick sings the chorus properly, none of that drawn out EEEEEEEE on the chorus. And Keith... bloody fookin' hell, one of his finest moments ever - even the solo is perfection. But the little licks throughout the song - to this day, I've learned them all and yet when I listen to it... it still blows my mind. One of the few live tracks I never tire of hearing.

Listen to LA FRIDAY and then listen to LYL - somehow they captured the perfect performance of Honky Tonk Women for LYL.

thumbs up If you don't stop this I'm gonna sprain my thumbthumbs up

Date: January 20, 2016 12:38

Dont get me starting? wtf. Meant started of course. grinning smiley

I agree GasLightStreet. It is one of Keiths finest moments ever: every note. I never tire of it.

Date: January 20, 2016 12:46

Redhotcarpet

I agree GasLightStreet. It is one of Keiths finest moments ever: every note. I never tire of it.

Love that version. The only thing that annoys me a bit is that he isn't – not once – playing those picking licks correctly, like on the album version (and live in 1971). A few times, though, he is playing even cooler stuff smiling smiley

One of the three best HTW versions ever, together with HP 1969 and Detroit 1978.

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: January 20, 2016 13:05

HTW-Keith and the rhytm section are fantastic. Absolutely stunning. Mick is awful. Sorry.

Date: January 20, 2016 13:11

DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet

Love that version. The only thing that annoys me a bit is that he isn't – not once – playing those picking licks correctly, like on the album version (and live in 1971). A few times, though, he is playing even cooler stuff smiling smiley

One of the three best HTW versions ever, together with HP 1969 and Detroit 1978.

And that's what I love about it! He slows things down, the swinging rhythm of Bill charlie and underrated Ollie has a new layer.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: January 20, 2016 14:33

Great album just not very well put together. Doesn't flow as well as it should. A double live album of the 75/76 tour would've been better with a complete El Mocambo album released separately. Paris 76 has got to be an archive release on both blu-ray and audio sooner rather than later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-20 14:34 by Paul Kersey.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 20, 2016 23:34

GasLightStreet
Honky Tonk Women on LYL is supreme; it blows the studio version away...

careful there ... i know what you mean about LYL version, but the studio version is one of the top Stones studio tracks ever, not far behind Gimme Shelter. I don't think it's possible to blow it away.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: January 21, 2016 02:44

In my opinion, this is the best live official of the Stones!

Honky Tonk Women -sublime!
If You Can not Rock Me / Get Off of My Cloud -good!
Happy -best version!
Hot Stuff -divine!
Star Star -good!
Tumbling Dice -good!
Fingerprint File -excellent!
You Gotta Move -blood! "
You Can not Always Get What You Want -ronnie be good
Mannish Boy -excellent
Crackin 'Up -divine!
Little Red Rooster -divine!
Around and Around -divine!
It's Only Rock 'n Roll -best version!
Brown Sugar -exciting!
Jumpin 'Jack Flash -sublime!
Sympathy for the Devil -demon!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 21, 2016 04:52

Actually this is the first incarnation of the Vegas Stones (excepting the El Mocambo side). This is the first time they sounded artificial.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2016 07:25

LeonidP
GasLightStreet
Honky Tonk Women on LYL is supreme; it blows the studio version away...

careful there ... i know what you mean about LYL version, but the studio version is one of the top Stones studio tracks ever, not far behind Gimme Shelter. I don't think it's possible to blow it away.

It's one of the very few exceptions where they did blow the studio version of a song away. The LYL version sits better. The studio version is a bit fast. The long drawn out chorus, eh, the more broken up live version is better; it fits the vibe.

Date: January 21, 2016 09:04

24FPS
Actually this is the first incarnation of the Vegas Stones (excepting the El Mocambo side). This is the first time they sounded artificial.

That happened in 1973. Put on SFM.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 21, 2016 09:44

DeeGee

Not quite - it's a joke. He's saying Mick is bisexual isn't shy about it.
The phrase "bum's rush" normally means something else, but in UK English
bum = butt and the rest is history

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: January 21, 2016 09:56

24FPS

No! The so-called 'Vegas Years' began in 1989. They played live without sampled sounds, back-up singers and inflatable dolls, etc. This is why Jagger sang so terrible in 1975/76 while the guitar playing was really good (in Ron Wood's style, of course). It you call that 'Vegas' you'd have to explain it.

Date: January 21, 2016 10:21

saltoftheearth
24FPS

No! The so-called 'Vegas Years' began in 1989. They played live without sampled sounds, back-up singers and inflatable dolls, etc. This is why Jagger sang so terrible in 1975/76 while the guitar playing was really good (in Ron Wood's style, of course). It you call that 'Vegas' you'd have to explain it.

They had backup singers, though. One of them is all over the place smiling smiley

Date: January 21, 2016 11:12

Vegas began in 1989. Not 1973 nor 1975.

Date: January 21, 2016 11:19

Redhotcarpet
Vegas began in 1989. Not 1973 nor 1975.

True, but the personas and the act started in 1973, which I believe 24FPS was referring to.

I like it, but that didn't start in 1975, it started two years earlier.

Posted by: Anitapal82 ()
Date: January 21, 2016 11:27

How are they sounding artificial 24 FPS in 75/76. I feel they are at their most real being sleazy and wasted on and off stage . Also the Vegas years definitely start in 1989. The Vegas years can't start in 75/76 because 78 was maybe their most stripped back tour since 1969 so they can't be Vegas and then not and then Vegas again later , or can you !

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1363
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home