Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 17, 2016 18:39

It seems they will play Zagreb OR Belgrade.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: August 17, 2016 18:41

Now that the 2nd Vegas date is up as rumored on the North America 2016 tour page its safe to assume it will happen. From my limited time on this board, when that kind of thing gets posted its a done deal.

Bummed we won't be getting more shows this fall but this makes me even happier we were able to lock in 4 killer seats through the presale for Vegas!

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: August 17, 2016 19:09

It's pretty much assured

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: August 17, 2016 19:13

Right, time to start looking into a Vegas trip then. Was going to hang on to see what the other options were going to be but it looks like there won't be any this year.

Date: August 17, 2016 21:03

So much for releasing a new album and touring behind it this year....confused smiley

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 17, 2016 22:26

timbernardis
bv's looking forward to the Norway show, a chance to sleep in his own bed before and after the show.

plexi

It depends whereabouts in Norway! It's a big place. He lives near Oslo, where they played in 2014 and it could easily be Bergen this time, which is quite s long trip away.

Date: August 17, 2016 23:51

grzegorz67
timbernardis
bv's looking forward to the Norway show, a chance to sleep in his own bed before and after the show.

plexi

It depends whereabouts in Norway! It's a big place. He lives near Oslo, where they played in 2014 and it could easily be Bergen this time, which is quite s long trip away.

Not to mention up north - which is just as far away from Oslo as Greece smiling smiley

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: August 18, 2016 01:20

they had too much fun in SA. played great too. is this a bargaining chip (our terms or f*ck off) or are they doing exciting things in the studio, a la the some girls sessions. no in november could just mean yes in feb/march.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: August 18, 2016 01:56

Gaetzi
Now that the 2nd Vegas date is up as rumored on the North America 2016 tour page its safe to assume it will happen. From my limited time on this board, when that kind of thing gets posted its a done deal....

Not necessarily a done deal. I planned Philly in 2013 with the a 3rd show strongly rumored as the tour closer. In the end, it didn't happen in Philly, but a day later in DC.

Date: August 18, 2016 02:16

DEmerson
steffialicia
I am now considering Vegas. Please folks, can you let me know a few hotels that are near venue?

I'm staying at New York New York which seems to be about the closest. MGM would be across the street from there. Excalibur is not too far. Really - there's a lot - take a look at a map of the Vegas strip (although as T-Mobile is pretty new, not all maps show it, but it's sort of behind NY NY).

I'm staying at NY NY too. T-Mobile is right next door. I figure I'll grab my swag and take back to my room then go to the show.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 18, 2016 03:39

For those of you spending, or considering spending, the big bucks for Desert Trip concert, this oughta make you feel better...

Regularly going to concerts and dancing with friends makes you happier, says study

Need a mood boost? Attending a concert and dancing it out could help fix that, according to a new study out of Deakin University in Victoria, Australia.

Two researchers within different departments at the school interviewed a "geographically representative" random sample of 1,000 Aussies via phone, asking them a series of questions relating to three categories: general life satisfaction, "personal well being index," and their music engagement.

For the last category, participants were asked a handful of queries relating to how they engaged with music (whether they played instruments, listened at home alone, attended concerts and festivals, and the like), and how often they did so.

As researchers found, those that reported dancing or attending musical events, and more importantly, doing so in the company of other people, reported a "significantly higher" wellbeing score than those who did not engage with music in these respects. Those who engaged in "shared music making" also reaped these benefits.

"The emotional regulation feature of music may be best understood through the social connections it facilitates," the study's conclusion reads. "The communal interaction and social medium may offer people a sense of purpose and belonging...Specifically, shared music making (i.e., through singing) provides a sense of personal and group fulfillment for membership, creating a strong sense of social cohesion and community. Further, people often participate in music-making activities like singing, playing instruments, dancing or attending concerts to counteract loneliness, social isolation and negative feelings, which are all negative correlates of [subjective wellbeing]."

[www.sfgate.com]

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 18, 2016 03:45

Cant wait for the Fall tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-18 07:05 by jambay.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 18, 2016 03:47

cool

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-18 07:04 by jambay.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: August 18, 2016 08:06

DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
timbernardis

plexi

Not to mention up north - which is just as far away from Oslo as Greece smiling smiley

Would place my bet on Trondheim. Just as far from Oslo as Bergen. Trondheim didn't get the sponsors/guarantee last time I believe. So Oslo got it. But they had Springsteen not long ago. Only thing is that the Ski Arena they use sucks. Busses... Took people up to two hours to get out. Werchter of Norway.

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-19 07:03 by TE.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 18, 2016 08:47

Monkeytonkman
bv
Several sources say just a mini tour this time:

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

Then a tour in Europe next summer including Croatia/Serbia, Austria, Norway and more, rumoured locations they are talking to, but that is another story I will comment on later on, in a sepaarate thread about the European Tour 2017.

This is just the juicy titbit from an ackowledged authority that I needed to keep me going till next summer.

Gotsta start saving every penny now though. Lokk up your daughters, grandaughters, great grandaughters etc. The Stones are rolling back to Europe 2017. SWEEEETAH

don't bank on it yet. BV told us that there will be more shows in the US this fall and it turned out he was wrong. He may be wrong about this too.

plexi

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 18, 2016 10:58

timbernardis
don't bank on it yet. BV told us that there will be more shows in the US this fall and it turned out he was wrong. He may be wrong about this too.
plexi

The Rolling Stones do not have a fixed five years plan. They change plans and sign contracts on short notice. Family matters and individual band member plans affect their plans of course. I might choose to never ever post any rumoured plans at any stage in order not to upset anyone, in case some think everything I say is sealed into rocks by the Stones, but I will continue to tell what I know when I feel it is the right time, so that Stones fans may make their plans accordingly.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 18, 2016 13:27

We just have to get used to a limited number of concerts from now on.

Health (specially) and family will decide. They are not young anymore and it can be a cut-off at any time.

Just remember Ginger Baker's forever cancellation earlier this year

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: August 18, 2016 14:30

bv
timbernardis
plexi

The Rolling Stones do not have a fixed five years plan. They change plans and sign contracts on short notice. Family matters and individual band member plans affect their plans of course. I might choose to never ever post any rumoured plans at any stage in order not to upset anyone, in case some think everything I say is sealed into rocks by the Stones, but I will continue to tell what I know when I feel it is the right time, so that Stones fans may make their plans accordingly.

BV, we really appreciate your tips and love to hear about all Stones-related rumours. Please keep them coming. I understand frustration regarding lack of full-scale US tour by the Stones this year, especially since both Desert Trip shows and Vegas are now sold out, but they have never promised there will be a full US tour to follow those shows. Besides, I assume they might want to postopne it 'till next year when the new material is out to promote it on the road.

Date: August 18, 2016 15:31

wickerman
bv
timbernardis
plexi

BV, we really appreciate your tips and love to hear about all Stones-related rumours. Please keep them coming. I understand frustration regarding lack of full-scale US tour by the Stones this year, especially since both Desert Trip shows and Vegas are now sold out, but they have never promised there will be a full US tour to follow those shows. Besides, I assume they might want to postopne it 'till next year when the new material is out to promote it on the road.

On the Desert Trip website if you go to the American Express Tab you can still get seats for both weekends. I think only singles seats for the first weekend. But lots of seats in section 307 for the 2nd weekend. Face value.

AND BV PLEASE DON'T LET ONE BAD APPLE SPOIL THE WHOLE BATCH!

WE ALL APPRECIATE WHAT YOU LET US KNOW HERE. AND I PERSONALLY ONLY BELIEVE WHAT YOU POST AND ONLY YOU. TIME HAS PROVEN YOU ARE CAREFUL WITH WHAT YOU SAY AND ALWAYS TRY TO ONLY SAY WHAT IS REAL.

THANK YOU FOR THAT!

AND I HOPE YOU GET TO SPEND A NICE WEEK IN THE DESERT!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-18 16:39 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 18, 2016 17:32

If I was told I would become a father of a new child during the next half year then I am sure I would change my plans, and I am sure all my friends would understand why something I planned for recently no longer was in the center of my universe.

Same thing if I was 73 years old then something I planned for 2-3 months ago might not be the same today. I think some people are introverted and they do not realize that the Stones are grown up grandfathers who choose to do what they like at any time. Today they feel like doing just a few shows. May be they feel different next month.

They did the whole world. That is now history. The rest, anything they do from now on, is a bonus. Even the Zip Code Tour was a bonus, by the way, because they needed to keep the show running until South America was done. It isn't rocket science. It is Stones science.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 18, 2016 17:55

"Stones science", well put BV

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: August 18, 2016 17:55

"They did the whole world. That is now history. The rest, anything they do from now on, is a bonus. Even the Zip Code Tour was a bonus, by the way, because they needed to keep the show running until South America was done. It isn't rocket science. It is Stones science"

This. This is what it's all about. Any speculation or concern on a new album, will it be any good, etc.. Who really cares? The Rolling Stones, a band of guys that are in their 70's, who have stayed together over 50 years and really, have no business even being alive considering their excess just completed a tour of the WORLD. Selling out arenas, baseball stadiums, football stadiums and soccer stadiums around the world. That's absolutely wild to think about.

That first night they did in Buenos Aires was the most amazing thing I've ever been a part of. The rest, as bv says, is all a bonus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-18 17:57 by Gaetzi.

Date: August 18, 2016 18:07

I can only hope that after the Desert Trip shows I still get a few more chances in the next year or so to complain about them playing MISS YOU again!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 18, 2016 20:37

TE
DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
timbernardis

plexi

Would place my bet on Trondheim. Just as far from Oslo as Bergen. Trondheim didn't get the sponsors/guarantee last time I believe. So Oslo got it. But they had Springsteen not long ago. Only thing is that the Ski Arena they use sucks. Buses... Took people up to two hours to get out. Werchter of Norway.

TE
Oslo

If they do Norway again, I'd definitely be interested in heading along (from the UK). I like your country very much despite it being so expensive! I was at the Telenor in 2014 and again for Macca last year. Although I enjoyed the shows the acoustics are not the best and the ventilation is uncomfortably poor. You Norwegians are clever people and punch well above your weight in the World, but that stadium (imho) is a bit of a carbunkle and you deserve so much better.

Sound was not too bad for the Stones in 2014 from my spot at the end of the catwalk but very loud and sweaty. I really hope they pick a different venue next time, if it happens. I was in Werchter last month and know exactly what you mean! Worst access of any concert venue I've ever been to so don't want anything like that.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 18, 2016 22:47

jumpontopofmebaby

On the Desert Trip website if you go to the American Express Tab you can still get seats for both weekends. I think only singles seats for the first weekend. But lots of seats in section 307 for the 2nd weekend. Face value.

Yes: [deserttrip.com]

Although it says that the sales are for American Express card holders only, a friend of mine could buy it using Mastercard.

Date: August 18, 2016 23:06

BV

Do you have any clue as to when they might confirm the Oct 22nd Vegas Show?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 18, 2016 23:16

As an FYI on Vegas - as of 4:00 EST on Thurs. 8/18, while the regular ticket sales show no available seats, if you go into the VIP packages, there are some tix - about $600 in the Gold package seems to be the lowest, but maybe not that bad of a deal (decent seats in the lower section) for anyone still thinking about going.
[www.t-mobilearena.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-18 23:18 by DEmerson.

Date: August 18, 2016 23:18

jumpontopofmebaby
BV

Do you have any clue as to when they might confirm the Oct 22nd Vegas Show?

I hate to say it but that could very well be the very last time we see them here in the United States. I hope its not true. But if they do Europe in 2017. Then we are looking at 2018. And at their age and for that matter my age. Thats a long long time.

So for me Oct 22nd is a MUST SEE!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-18 23:19 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 19, 2016 01:00

jumpontopofmebaby
I can only hope that after the Desert Trip shows I still get a few more chances in the next year or so to complain about them playing MISS YOU again!!

As Joni said: "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 19, 2016 04:01

Gaetzi
Now that the 2nd Vegas date is up as rumored on the North America 2016 tour page its safe to assume it will happen. From my limited time on this board, when that kind of thing gets posted its a done deal.

Bummed we won't be getting more shows this fall but this makes me even happier we were able to lock in 4 killer seats through the presale for Vegas!

I agree with you, Gaetzi! So happy we jumped on all the sales and got tickets for October 9, 14, and 19. I doubt we will try for a October 22nd concert, as we spent a lot for our 19th tickets. Hope we can still meet up with you and your friends in Vegas. Maybe Hussong's Cantina before the concert?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home