Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 19, 2016 04:18

deleted my post

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-20 06:46 by 35love.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: August 19, 2016 06:31

I'm debating on whether to make the trip to the states for Vegas or wait for more dates....I'd love to see them in Croatia or Serbia, assuming those rumours hold up. It's a long and expensive trip from Singapore for 1 or 2 shows. I need more!!

Posted by: barney57 ()
Date: August 19, 2016 09:37

Thanks Bjornulf for sharing this info! Hope to see you in Las Vegas!

Greetings Joke and Frans

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 19, 2016 13:16

StonedAsia
I'm debating on whether to make the trip to the states for Vegas or wait for more dates....I'd love to see them in Croatia or Serbia, assuming those rumours hold up. It's a long and expensive trip from Singapore for 1 or 2 shows. I need more!!

Las Vegas can be the last time / Europe 2017 can be the last time as well - if it happens! You never know.

If you want to catch any "last time" possibility, then go for any concert from now on smileys with beer I don't even think Stones will announce a final concert / retirement, because they don't know the time themselves.

I will rely on a Europe 2017 tour. If no concert in Europe next year, I will be happy with the concerts I have attended until now. That is life.

No to offend anyone, but to be honest - today's Stones concerts are pretty much the same, no new development, the same set-list etc., etc. I don't blame Stones for that, they are older and play the safe thing to make things happen.

If I see one more or less "Stones concert of today" is no major problem. The good and happy spirit you will find at most concerts, such as Springsteen, Macca, Foo Figthers etc. - it is not a unique Stones thing. Of course it is great to see Keith / Mick etc. on a stage in front of you, but I am not desperate.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 19, 2016 13:27

bv
They did the whole world. That is now history. The rest, anything they do from now on, is a bonus. Even the Zip Code Tour was a bonus, by the way, because they needed to keep the show running until South America was done. It isn't rocket science. It is Stones science.

The Zip Code tour was fantastic, Buffalo so far has been my favorite Rolling Stones live experience. And to think it was a bonus. smileys with beer

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: August 19, 2016 16:35

Lets plan on it, 2014Slayer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-19 16:36 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 19, 2016 16:55

I priced out flight and a night Vegas 22nd
my husband shot me down (crying emoji)
I do however have a new legit passport
never been stamped
can I get a Stones tongue on it 2017

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 19, 2016 17:58

I think each and every show from 2012 and on has been amazing. There are so many great memories and it will take a while to put them down on paper but sure I will some day. I think we are at the final part of this project soon, and even if they have no plans for retirement, ever, we got some extra shows and added bonus all over the world from 2012 and up to now. It is hard to pin one or a few shows that stand out, because they were all so different, crowds, cities, venues, I would not miss a single one. The same goes for the rest, the show must go on.

Bjornulf

Posted by: sister ()
Date: August 19, 2016 19:46

bv
I think we are at the final part of this project soon,
This makes me really cry because this is also my thought.
Greets sister

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 19, 2016 20:11

Yes that is a sad thought...but all to true. We have been so fortunate to have
such a long run which is still continuing though. Thanks Bjornulf for your
update!

On a side note: I'm surprised there is not a date added between the two desert
trip dates such as the 10th. I checked a couple other bands and noticed their
weeks open as well. The Who are playing a show in Mexico City mid week - so maybe the contract said no US dates between the two Desert Trip shows.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: August 19, 2016 20:36

I agree about these times being a bonus, let's say an exclamation point, for us fans and probably for the band themselves... More icing on the cake of the greatest career a Rock band has ever put together!

I will say that I was hoping for more gigs this Fall in the US, thinking the recent 15-show runs since 2013 would be the template for another leg... But with BV saying it's not to be, we can be assured that we may have seen the extent of their plans for live shows this Fall.

I also wonder about the 7 days between shows in Indio, and now wonder if their may be another private show lined up? Remember 2015, a 6-day gap in the announced dates between San Diego and Columbus, and the rumors of another show being added to the routing? Maybe a repeat scenario is in the works? Maybe the band plans on doing press in LA during the week? It could be the lead-up to Exhibitionism opening in NYC, or a new album release...

Who knows? I love finding out!

I am now in for Vegas on the 19th, and hope for a 2nd gig on the 22nd of October! My bud in LV says come on out, so we will trump the Sabbath gig I attended out there in February!

I was in Vegas in '94, the first time The Stones rolled through the desert and played the MGM Grand. Now I get to retrace some steps, and this time could be the last... I sincerely hope not!

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: August 19, 2016 21:11

There's no way that they don't play in New York again...

Date: August 19, 2016 22:01

Maybe I should seriously look into Europe next summer. How cool would that be!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 19, 2016 22:06

New York, Los Angeles, Sao Paulo, Tokyo, London, Rome, Paris, Boston, Toronto, Munich, Milano, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Amsterdam, Berlin, Frankfurt, Melbourne.

The list is long. And I am sure I forgot a few other cities. They are all legendary places where the Stones could move in and play five shows in a row easily. Packed houses. There is no "must do" list unfortunately. We all hope they will do a few more shows. Meanwhile we should be greatful for all the shows they did since 1962. Mind you it is a career spanning 54 years. Still counting. What more can we expect? We are lucky, and a bit spoiled.

Bjornulf

Date: August 19, 2016 22:09

But BV signs are a new album next year correct?. Keith still thinks they haven't made their best record yet, God bless him…..

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: August 19, 2016 22:16

Traveling for live music is one of my biggest passions. Man, the places I've gotten to visit because of live music... The list is long. If the Stones play Europe next summer I will be there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-19 22:17 by Gaetzi.

Date: August 19, 2016 23:05

I always felt like Mick would never ever call it a fair well show or tour.

But given the price of tickets and how they are now guaranteed millions of

dollars per show. Maybe just maybe they actually do a fair well stand in a

few key cities.

If they did come out and say this is it. This is our final go around.

Los Angeles / Chicago / New York City. 5 plus shows per city would be easy.

And a damn hard ticket to get.

I personally hope they never do the fair well thing. Always leave the door

open

Lots and lots of great musicians play well into their 80's

Might be an unplugged sit down event. But would still be great. And probably

would be some of their best live shows ever.

I think I have seen the Who on two different fair well tours....well for sure

one and it was back in the 1983 or so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-19 23:06 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: soulrob ()
Date: August 20, 2016 05:10

Let's not be so U.S. centric. Try New York, LA, Toronto and London!

Chicago is not nearly the size of Toronto or London and they have much more history in both those cities

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 20, 2016 05:48

Bobbyb98
There's no way that they don't play in New York again...

Wondered the same.

Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: August 20, 2016 06:57

Thank you so much, bv, for all the good info through the years. I was too young to go to a show until the mid 80's (the period after Tattoo You when they did not tour). At the time, I thought that I would never get to see a live show. Lucky for me, I have been able to see many since Steel Wheels...some from the last row in a huge stadium, some from great seats, one from a seat in front of Mick's daughter. I have seen them in multiple states and they have been my excuse to see Europe 3 times. I feel like every concert has been a gift. I have taken my children, my parents, friends, aunts, cousins, and it has been wonderful. For me, concert days have been nothing short of euphoric. It may sound hokey but the camaraderie and vibe of each concert is hard to describe to those who are inexplicably not fans and I treasure those memories. After all the joy these moments have brought to me, the least that I can do is not second guess the decisions of the band members and wish them well in all that they choose to do - or not do - in the future. Well done and thank you!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 20, 2016 09:03

soulrob
Let's not be so U.S. centric. Try New York, LA, Toronto and London!

Chicago is not nearly the size of Toronto or London and they have much more history in both those cities

All great cities. However, you may have overlooked, Chicago has a great deal
of stones history - Chess studios, Chess records, Muddy Waters, Willie Dixson,
Buddy Guy, Junior Wells, etc.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: August 20, 2016 09:14

grzegorz67
TE
DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
timbernardis
bv's looking forward to the Norway show, a chance to sleep in his own bed before and after the show.

plexi

It depends whereabouts in Norway! It's a big place. He lives near Oslo, where they played in 2014 and it could easily be Bergen this time, which is quite s long trip away.

Not to mention up north - which is just as far away from Oslo as Greece smiling smiley

Would place my bet on Trondheim. Just as far from Oslo as Bergen. Trondheim didn't get the sponsors/guarantee last time I believe. So Oslo got it. But they had Springsteen not long ago. Only thing is that the Ski Arena they use sucks. Buses... Took people up to two hours to get out. Werchter of Norway.

TE
Oslo

If they do Norway again, I'd definitely be interested in heading along (from the UK). I like your country very much despite it being so expensive! I was at the Telenor in 2014 and again for Macca last year. Although I enjoyed the shows the acoustics are not the best and the ventilation is uncomfortably poor. You Norwegians are clever people and punch well above your weight in the World, but that stadium (imho) is a bit of a carbunkle and you deserve so much better.

Sound was not too bad for the Stones in 2014 from my spot at the end of the catwalk but very loud and sweaty. I really hope they pick a different venue next time, if it happens. I was in Werchter last month and know exactly what you mean! Worst access of any concert venue I've ever been to so don't want anything like that.

Telenor arena is hate hate. I am lucky, my brother works 5 min walk away. So have a car park. Ventilation is a joke. Especially those days in 2014 with that heat. Even Keith joked about how "cold" it was to come to Portugal at the next gig.
BTW: Been lucky at both my shows in Werchter. Well, moved back both times during the encore, left 1 min before it was over. Got a taxi one time, bus the other. Back in Leuven in no time. But do hope Brussels have a stadium downtown they can use next time...

TE
Oslo

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 21, 2016 09:21

But in how many cities have they played the full song named after the city?

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 21, 2016 09:26

I think we are very lucky and very spoiled.
The Rolling Stones have given us so much... ah... you know...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-21 13:56 by jambay.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 21, 2016 14:17

jambay
But in how many cities have they played the full song named after the city?

"El Paso" 2006?

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 21, 2016 14:38

My wild bet is they will plat live till Charlie's 80 birthday
It will be simply called
The old dudes tour

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 21, 2016 14:57

The Joker
My wild bet is they will plat live till Charlie's 80 birthday
It will be simply called
The old dudes tour

I don't forsee any big announcement or link to births/anniversaries happening.
Unless of course a health issue intervenes.
Certainly no Last Waltz, which doesn't seem to be Mick's style at all.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 21, 2016 15:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-21 15:42 by The Joker.

Date: August 21, 2016 18:18

I would be fine with a mini-tour if it did not end in Vegas.

I don't want to see the Stones go out with their last show in America being held in Las Vegas.

Add 2 concerts ..... Red Rocks and MetLife Stadium (or,better yet,the Coney Island Amphitheatre).

They have not had a show in the northeastern United States in more than 3 years so,it would sell.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 21, 2016 20:45

It wouldn't be the first time they ended in Vegas...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home