Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 14, 2016 17:58

timbernardis
2014Slayer
Received my first Desert Trip Newsletter in the mail today. It said that Desert Trip wristbands will start shipping at the beginning of September. It also had a full listing of shuttle stops, and a diagram for GA Chair/blanket & Standing Only Sections.

wristbands? if this is the case, I suppose for those who don't yet have tickets, like me, that we should only buy them from someone with hard tickets who would also have the wristbands ???

plexi

Yes, I would think so, I think the regular Coachella Festival has wristbands too.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 14, 2016 19:06

2014Slayer
timbernardis
2014Slayer
Received my first Desert Trip Newsletter in the mail today. It said that Desert Trip wristbands will start shipping at the beginning of September. It also had a full listing of shuttle stops, and a diagram for GA Chair/blanket & Standing Only Sections.

wristbands? if this is the case, I suppose for those who don't yet have tickets, like me, that we should only buy them from someone with hard tickets who would also have the wristbands ???

plexi

Yes, I would think so, I think the regular Coachella Festival has wristbands too.

Hope to see you there Plexi!!!

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: August 14, 2016 22:03

timbernardis
2014Slayer

plexi

I asked customer service about that because I'm old-school and I like real tickets that I can put in a scrapbook. I was told there won't be any hard tickets, just a wristband with a chip in it.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 15, 2016 07:49

likecats
timbernardis
2014Slayer

plexi

I asked customer service about that because I'm old-school and I like real tickets that I can put in a scrapbook. I was told there won't be any hard tickets, just a wristband with a chip in it.

Then there can't be tickets sent electronically, must have the physical wristband.

plexi

Date: August 15, 2016 07:54

likecats
timbernardis
2014Slayer

plexi

just thought a little more about this -- how do u know where your seat is if the info is only on a chip and what's to prevent someone on e bay from just saying whatever they want about the location of the seats?? Maybe Stubhub is the way to go, unless of course there will be some more ticket drops. Guess there's something to the process that I am not understanding.

plexi

Date: August 15, 2016 07:56

sarahunwin
2014Slayer
timbernardis
2014Slayer

plexi

Hope to see you there Plexi!!!

Yes, I will likely be at the second weekend, not the first. Which show will u be attending, or is it both? Maybe u and Frank and I can all get together along with whoever else.

plexi

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 15, 2016 19:46

timbernardis
likecats
timbernardis
2014Slayer

plexi

just thought a little more about this -- how do u know where your seat is if the info is only on a chip and what's to prevent someone on e bay from just saying whatever they want about the location of the seats?? Maybe Stubhub is the way to go, unless of course there will be some more ticket drops. Guess there's something to the process that I am not understanding.

plexi

I imagine the seat and row number will be printed on the wristband. The chip is for identification at the gate.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 16, 2016 01:11

Posted in the new studio album thread, but worth a repost here. Thanks to mkbbci.

today I heard from a fairly reliable person some hopeful information.by the end of august the stones will announce 2 things-the release date of a new studio album-all blues covers.jagger thinks it will help keep them relevant in America.also 15 north American concert dates will be announced before the end of this month,including the 2 desert trip shows.it will be mostly arena shows.ticket prices will be quite high.one reason is the tremendous amount of security needed in the insane world we now live in.my source also believes a stones new studio album of jagger-richards songs will come out just before the European tour begins sometime around june.i,m sorry I can,t reveal my source.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 16, 2016 01:26

Oh Johnny, you tease!

Date: August 16, 2016 18:15

jumpontopofmebaby
OOOHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM

OOOHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

OOOHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

MEMPHIS!

OOOHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM

OOOHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

OOOHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

MEMPHIS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-16 18:16 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 17, 2016 01:04

Several sources say just a mini tour this time:

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

Then a tour in Europe next summer including Croatia/Serbia, Austria, Norway and more, rumoured locations they are talking to, but that is another story I will comment on later on, in a sepaarate thread about the European Tour 2017.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 17, 2016 01:11

Argh. Thanks, Bjornulf.

Date: August 17, 2016 01:29

bv

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

Then a tour in Europe next summer including Croatia/Serbia, Austria, Norway and more, rumoured locations they are talking to, but that is another story I will comment on later on, in a sepaarate thread about the European Tour 2017.

No MSG then? sad smiley

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: August 17, 2016 01:32

Well, hell, there go my unwavering hopes for Alaska again.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: August 17, 2016 01:43

Wow. Looks like my (our) Vegas tickets are suddenly worth a whole lot more! I took a risk buying on Stub hub, so far in advance. Looks like a good buy now!!

Date: August 17, 2016 01:50

Montrealsuperfan
Wow. Looks like my (our) Vegas tickets are suddenly worth a whole lot more! I took a risk buying on Stub hub, so far in advance. Looks like a good buy now!!

Defintely! Plus Vegas is a great place to see 2 other shows in between- there's a lot it offers. Maybe I'll return to Vegas now instead of another type of vacation I was planning.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 17, 2016 01:59

bv

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

I see.
Too many depending on me to gamble it all for Vegas Sat. Oct. 22 possibility,
but Norway summer 2017? Well if we all live long enough, I just might try'n get there. Glad I got my show 2015, it was more than I expected in this lifetime.
xxoo

Date: August 17, 2016 03:13

I thought 15 shows is a mini tour. Sounds like this will be a micro tour.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Date: August 17, 2016 05:53

What would prompt just 4 shows? If Coachella brings them $14 and Vegas could bring them what- lets say $7 million a night that would give them $28 million for 4 shows. Is it that they don't want to play more or they would be playing US next year? Wouldn't they want at least 2-3 in NYC market for museum opening?

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: August 17, 2016 06:08

thecitadel
Its now 2 months since the Las Vegas gig was confirmed, and only 2 months until Desert Trip.

I'm hoping that there may be another LV gig on 22nd (as rumoured here before) but I think nothing before Desert Trip and sadly nothing after Las Vegas.

Lets remember they only played 3 gigs in the UK in 2013 after a US Tour, 15 in the US last year, so why not only 3 in the US after the Ole tour this year?

Combined with recording studio time, that would be a pretty full year in 2016.

fingers crossed still for 22nd October

Date: August 17, 2016 07:55

bv's looking forward to the Norway show, a chance to sleep in his own bed before and after the show.

plexi

Date: August 17, 2016 08:06

if they do play another vegas show, do u imagine they will sell lucky dips?

did they sell them for the first vegas show?

plexi

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 17, 2016 08:52

timbernardis
if they do play another vegas show, do u imagine they will sell lucky dips?
did they sell them for the first vegas show?

Yes. And yes.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 17, 2016 10:34

Oh well. This thing is going south fast.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 17, 2016 11:34

bv

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

Thanks for the info, BV

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 17, 2016 14:28

I am now considering Vegas. Please folks, can you let me know a few hotels that are near venue?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 17, 2016 14:54

bv

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

Hope you will give info on the European tour 2017 soon Bjornulf !! and thanks !
jeroen

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 17, 2016 16:26

steffialicia
I am now considering Vegas. Please folks, can you let me know a few hotels that are near venue?

I'm staying at New York New York which seems to be about the closest. MGM would be across the street from there. Excalibur is not too far. Really - there's a lot - take a look at a map of the Vegas strip (although as T-Mobile is pretty new, not all maps show it, but it's sort of behind NY NY).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-17 16:27 by DEmerson.

Date: August 17, 2016 17:23

bv

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

So is it safe to assume that the mini tour is just the 3 dates confirmed so far plus the Oct 22nd Vegas Rumor. And that's it. NO MORE at all?

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 17, 2016 18:27

bv

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

This is just the juicy titbit from an ackowledged authority that I needed to keep me going till next summer.

Gotsta start saving every penny now though. Lokk up your daughters, grandaughters, great grandaughters etc. The Stones are rolling back to Europe 2017. SWEEEETAH

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home