Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Date: August 31, 2016 13:49

dcba
Hairball

I would agree as Keith did a great job the last few tours for the reasons you stated.

I'd say Ronnie is the weak link no matter how 'great' he's playing, but it's nice to see him sober and taking his job more seriously these days.

To me Ronnie carries the band these days and live Keef is a burden.

Explain to me how Ronnie carries songs like IORR, SFM, PIB, GS, SMU, MR, HTW, BS and JJF.

For the more obscure songs I agree with you.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: August 31, 2016 14:35

DandelionPowderman
dcba
Hairball

I would agree as Keith did a great job the last few tours for the reasons you stated.

I'd say Ronnie is the weak link no matter how 'great' he's playing, but it's nice to see him sober and taking his job more seriously these days.

Explain to me how Ronnie carries songs like IORR, SFM, PIB, GS, SMU, MR, HTW, BS and JJF.

Yep, Ronnie is playing better than he has in decades but the songs you mention DP, are kept chugging along by Keith himself without a doubt!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: August 31, 2016 15:49

HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman
dcba
Hairball

Yep, Ronnie is playing better than he has in decades but the songs you mention DP, are kept chugging along by Keith himself without a doubt!

In fairness, I've seen him carry a song totally by himself.

It was the first Can't Be Seen on the European tour in Oslo. Ronnie did the main rhythm guitar, most of the licks and knew the cues. When Keith «froze» right before the bridge, it looked like they didn't know where to go from there.

Then Ronnie went over to Bernard and Lisa, and cued them in on the bridge. Keith watched carefully and came in with the others.

They had a one minute «jam» before that happened, though smiling smiley

Posted by: lucifrshmr ()
Date: August 31, 2016 17:39

dandilionpowderman.

As he did for me in Atlantic City in 2006. SOL,not a favorite. He gave it some life. I still don't like it, but I did that night because of Ronnie

Date: August 31, 2016 20:40

lucifrshmr
dandilionpowderman.

As he did for me in Atlantic City in 2006. SOL,not a favorite. He gave it some life. I still don't like it, but I did that night because of Ronnie

And let's not forget 2006 when Ronnie was the ONLY guitarist on You Got The Silver..and he nailed it!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 1, 2016 02:38

HonkeyTonkFlash
lucifrshmr
dandilionpowderman.

And let's not forget 2006 when Ronnie was the ONLY guitarist on You Got The Silver..and he nailed it!

Indeed a low point for Keith...it's somewhat sad/pathetic/baffling seeing him croon the tune without a guitar around his neck.
As for Ronnie 'nailing' it - yes I suppose so, but it's not the most technically difficult tune to play on the guitar imo...Blondie (or anybody) could have 'nailed' it.

Date: September 1, 2016 04:06

Hairball
HonkeyTonkFlash
lucifrshmr
dandilionpowderman.

Indeed a low point for Keith...it's somewhat sad/pathetic/baffling seeing him croon the tune without a guitar around his neck.
As for Ronnie 'nailing' it - yes I suppose so, but it's not the most technically difficult tune to play on the guitar imo...Blondie (or anybody) could have 'nailed' it.

Nailing it is not a matter of just technical ability; yes, as a guitarist I know it's easy to play...but what matters is being able to play it with the vibe and feeling required. That's something that both Keith and Ronnie excel in at their best - playing things that are simple, yet with a certain FEELING that more technically gifted players might miss altogether.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 1, 2016 04:33

HonkeyTonkFlash
Hairball
HonkeyTonkFlash
lucifrshmr
dandilionpowderman.

Nailing it is not a matter of just technical ability; yes, as a guitarist I know it's easy to play...but what matters is being able to play it with the vibe and feeling required. That's something that both Keith and Ronnie excel in at their best - playing things that are simple, yet with a certain FEELING that more technically gifted players might miss altogether.

True enough! thumbs up

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 1, 2016 11:30

[lisafischermusic.com]

Lisa has a gig on October 8th in South Africa. I think that means she won't be part of the next tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-01 11:31 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: Exile ()
Date: September 1, 2016 13:20

hockenheim95
[lisafischermusic.com]

Lisa has a gig on October 8th in South Africa. I think that means she won't be part of the next tour.

Bummer, that does it! Who wants my Vegas tickets?

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: September 1, 2016 17:00

September 1st- 5 weeks out from Desert Trip and no other shows announced. Can we assume that this is really just a quick three show run for the band and there won't even be a 2nd Vegas show?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 1, 2016 17:03

I think that's a safe bet Gaetzi...I bought Bridge School Benefit tickets for 10/22, I gave up on Vegas on that date.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-01 19:50 by Woz.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: September 1, 2016 19:45

It's now less than 7 weeks from Vegas #1. I too, like a lot of folks here, are wondering how legit the 2nd show is at this stage. As a reminder, I posted that there are (or at least were a few days ago) still VIP tix available for the Oct. 19th show - that maybe are cheaper than what the regular tix in the lower section might have been.
I'm flying in from Boston for just the night - my seat is in the 2nd to top row of the rafters, but I can't wait!

Date: September 1, 2016 20:59

I'm also flying into Vegas just for the night, but a much quicker flight coming from Denver.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 2, 2016 02:45

Still holding out hope for the 22nd..Not looking good though.

Driving from Desert Trip to Vegas.
Would very much like a reason to stay in town for another couple days... winking smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 2, 2016 03:59

If these are the only shows they are playing I would say "tour" is a slight exaggeration. It's only September, still holding out hope for some November NYC shows.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: September 2, 2016 16:11

Has anyone had to (or tried to) exchange a ticket for the Desert Trip?

More importantly, have you succeeded?

THX

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: September 2, 2016 17:14

6s7s9s
Has anyone had to (or tried to) exchange a ticket for the Desert Trip?

More importantly, have you succeeded?

THX

or resold a ticket

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: September 2, 2016 17:37

Fri. 9/2 10a EST: $750s for Vegas seem to be available again. And once again - you may want to check the VIP tickets - they did have similar lower bowl tix for under $700 (plus all the goodies).

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: September 2, 2016 18:15

DEmerson
Fri. 9/2 10a EST: $750s for Vegas seem to be available again. And once again - you may want to check the VIP tickets - they did have similar lower bowl tix for under $700 (plus all the goodies).

Why make a tour when they don't even sell all Tickets for a single (overpriced) arena show!? Don't forget there was a stadium tour last year...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-02 18:16 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: September 2, 2016 18:36

Well,if they give up on the idea of getting $ 700 for these seats (especially at this point in time), it would open up more options.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 2, 2016 18:52

The rumoued second show would fall on a weekend which should have more demand than the first show which is in the middle of the week. But still if the first show Is not sold out yet, does it make sense to add another high priced show? If indeed they add another show the anoucement would need to come very soon.

Date: September 2, 2016 19:19

Monsoon Ragoon
DEmerson

Why make a tour when they don't even sell all Tickets for a single (overpriced) arena show!? Don't forget there was a stadium tour last year...

Yes, there was a stadium tour last year but an awful lot of cities got skipped. Still hopeful...

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: September 2, 2016 19:24

I went to a great Lisa Fischer show in Chicago last night. Afterwards her band members mingled with the crowd. One said Lisa would not be with the Stones in October and that she was done touring with them. He was very clear about this.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 2, 2016 19:36

You can still buy "AXS Premium" tickets for Vegas too.

Step right up, click the button and you can sit at the end of the catwalk.
Floor B
Row A
Seats 7-8

ONLY $ 5,999.00 EACH

On the official seller site, NOT a reseller.
Holy shit.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 2, 2016 19:48

And that ($5,999) is why we get the warhorses show after show.

Date: September 2, 2016 21:10

Kurt
You can still buy "AXS Premium" tickets for Vegas too.

Step right up, click the button and you can sit at the end of the catwalk.
Floor B
Row A
Seats 7-8

ONLY $ 5,999.00 EACH

On the official seller site, NOT a reseller.
Holy shit.

DAMN! They only have 6 left and I needed 7.

SHADOOOOOOBBBBBIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Date: September 2, 2016 22:13

As bv pointed out, Mick is expecting another kid in December. It sounds like they did have intentions to do more shows but things change. These three gigs were likely already under contract. It really seems like this is it for the US this fall. Call it a tour, call it three gigs, call it whatever you like. At least we're still getting some live Stones!

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 2, 2016 22:55

They should play Mad Sq Garden

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: September 3, 2016 00:10

Still hope for Las Vegas 10/22!! Contest for tickets 10/22.

[www.kfox.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home