Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Indoor NO SMOKING Signs ... Should They Apply To Keith Richards?
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 23, 2015 07:35

BILLPERKS
Smoking around Charlie & his wife, who are cancer survivors, is pretty messed up & ridiculously inconsiderate.
Someone in stones camp is also saying "Plexiglass and ashtray with ventilator are set up as per Charlie's request."smiling smiley

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 08:29

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 23, 2015 08:44

Is it the same attitude that resulted in Johnny Depp's wife being prosecuted for bringing 2 dogs into Australia?

(Edit: "Let them eat cake?" )

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 09:08 by CaptainCorella.

smileys with beerRe: Indoor NO SMOKING Signs ... Should They Apply To Keith Richards?
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 23, 2015 09:17

CaptainCorella
Is it the same attitude that resulted in Johnny Depp's wife being prosecuted for bringing 2 dogs into Australia?

(Edit: "Let them eat cake?" )

And it would be heeded as much as "No Hanging Off Crosses After Midnight" would be by Jesus.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 23, 2015 10:53

Naturalust
keefriffhards
Remember people, the grave yards a full of non smokers

lmfoa. That is classic. It would be even funnier if 1 in every 5 deaths in the US wasn't smoking related. Besides smokers should all be cremated out of principle. lol

That being said, I truly enjoy a fat stogie or occasional cig with a glass of 21 year old Scotch after a big meal, but I usually do so with my friends out on the back deck or in the man cave away from the more sensitive breathers, out of courtesy of course. smoking smiley

Now that's the way to do it NL and that's the sensible way to do it smiling smiley

Remember though that if a man of 95 dies of a heart attack and he smokes, that still comes down as a smoke related death even though the man is 95
I'm not saying smoking is ok , of course it is bad for you, but its harmful effects are exaggerated. especially second hand smoke. No evidence.
I just think people should eat organic and healthy as well as exercise regular, its not all about the smoke

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 23, 2015 11:40

ROCKMAN

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: September 23, 2015 12:06

I really would love to see Keith Richards and Helmut Schmidt (former german Bundeskanzler, now 96 years old) smoking during a TV interview ....

[www.daserste.de]

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 23, 2015 14:09

muenke
I really would love to see Keith Richards and Helmut Schmidt (former german Bundeskanzler, now 96 years old) smoking during a TV interview ....

[www.daserste.de]

Muenke, der Helmut has just stopped smoking, I read on the Dutch teletext (TV) ...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 23, 2015 14:23

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 23, 2015 14:27

Keith Richards is from a generation when smoking was widespread and its long-term dangers not fully understood, at least not in the public domain. Times have changed as have the rules as to where smokers can smoke. He isn't above the law.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: September 23, 2015 14:51

Maybe the badest thing ever that swept over the Pond. First they gave us heroes like James Dean or John Wayne and decades later they told the world that smoking is harmful. We knew that before in good old Europe as I remember a big anti-smoking campaign in Austria in the late 60s.

I remember when we visited the Hard Rock in London before the last O2-show in 2007 we were not allowed to smoke outside the Hard Rock but the Old Park lane has six or seven lanes packed with cars in a big traffic jam - what an irony. I'm sure we saved some lives when we stepped away a few feet from the entrance. insane isn't a word.

Having said that I think it's time for a coffee-break and 1 or 2 Marlboros. I stayed away from McDonalds at lunch and I really thinks that's better for my health then to quit smoking.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 23, 2015 15:04

Father Ted
Keith Richards is from a generation when smoking was widespread and its long-term dangers not fully understood, at least not in the public domain.

That really is nonsense.

Keef's only a couple of years older than me. I had information things up about/against smoking in a house I bought in 1971! The generation argument does not apply.

He smokes because he became addicted. He maintains the "I'm above everyone else" because that's the PR image he has adopted. How closely the image has merged with the reality, few people know.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 23, 2015 15:08

Yes, of course the rules should apply to him. He has no rights, as such, over anyone else. To think they should alow him to smoke due to his 'status' is, quite frankly, stupid. I don't care if he's a 'rock star' If I, or anyone else, is not allowed to smoke, than nor should he be able to do so. I don't place musicians on a higher perch. It's childish to do so. They have to abide by the same laws of the land as everybody else, and justifiably so.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 23, 2015 15:53

A thought I just had...

Although some communities, states & countries DO have actual legislation that prohibits smoking in predefined locations, I'd have to guess that the "No Smoking" signs that the title of this thread is referring to are not government reminders of a law that is effect. They are simply placed there by the building/business owner who wants the location to be a non-smoking location. Any violation of this type of sign is not a crime or state offense, it's simply an act of apathy to the request. At that point, the business/building manager gets to make a choice of how to handle the situation. Kind of like a "No Parking" sign on private property.

It makes me wonder if we should be asking the question, "If private facilities are willing to suspend their smoking policies for Keith, why won't they for us?" Or maybe, "Why do we support businesses who have one policy for people they consider celebrities and a second policy for the general public?"

A question I have for those of you who are condemning Keith for his disregard of the requested policy: "How many of you follow ALL traffic regulations every time you drive your car?" You do realize that the state posts (and sometimes attempts to enforce) Speed Limits for safety reasons, don't you? Not only your safety but also the safety of those around you. While you're totally within your right to be outraged at Keith's disrespecting the request that he not smoke in certain areas, are you also as outraged at traffic violators? I wouldn't know the numbers off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that offending drivers kill people fairly regularly. Maybe even as many people as second-hand smoke. Note: I imagine that I could be sited for at least one driving violation EVERY time I get behind the wheel.

Also, earlier this year, weren't there pictures posted on this site of Keith smoking on the steps of a restaurant in NYC? Possibly he only smokes in "non-smoking areas" where he knows he's been "pre-approved".

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 15:59

kleermaker
muenke

[www.daserste.de]

Muenke, der Helmut has just stopped smoking, I read on the Dutch teletext (TV) ...
Better late than never...

Date: September 23, 2015 16:14

camper88
keefriffhards
What makes me laugh is people crying out to legalise cannabis are also belly aching about smokers
Give it some thought, like you have to smoke cannabis !!!
Go Figure

It's hardly the same thing. Cannabis doesn't cause cancer or lung disease, so its not so much "belly aching" as it is lung disease and cancer.

As well, one does't actually have to smoke weed. If Keith wants to eat his tobacco in a brownie, go for it. Few people have been affected by second hand brownies, dogs excepted.

Ok put it this way you have a cake everyday with your cannabis in it 3500 extra calories per week = 1lb weight gain per week. Plus cannabis gives you the munches so you raid the fridge every night another 1lb weight gain per week. so in a year you get lazy and stop exercising, in a few years your obese and your girlfriends left you cos your fat and you lost your job cos the weed makes you too laid back to get to work on time lol
So what's more harmful smoking or weed ??

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 16:48

keefriffhards
camper88
keefriffhards
What makes me laugh is people crying out to legalise cannabis are also belly aching about smokers
Go Figure

It's hardly the same thing. Cannabis doesn't cause cancer or lung disease, so its not so much "belly aching" as it is lung disease and cancer.

As well, one does't actually have to smoke weed. If Keith wants to eat his tobacco in a brownie, go for it. Few people have been affected by second hand brownies, dogs excepted.

Ok put it this way you have a cake everyday with your cannabis in it 3500 extra calories per week = 1lb weight gain per week. Plus cannabis gives you the munches so you raid the fridge every night another 1lb weight gain per week. so in a year you get lazy and stop exercising, in a few years your obese and your girlfriends left you cos your fat and you lost your job cos the weed makes you too laid back to get to work on time lol
Your uncritical worship of everything Keith Richards does comes off as extremely silly for a grown (?) individual. I saw you repeatedly browbeat people for not praising Crosseyed Heart in another thread.

In answer to your question: smoking. Next?

Date: September 23, 2015 17:02

keefriff99
keefriffhards
camper88
keefriffhards
Go Figure

Your uncritical worship of everything Keith Richards does comes off as extremely silly for a grown (?) individual. I saw you repeatedly browbeat people for not praising Crosseyed Heart in another thread.

My views on smoking have nothing to do with Keith Richards
Keith likes weed i hate it. how is that liking all things Keith

My dad has smoked cigarettes all his life in the house but no one else in the family smoke
My mum has been inhaling his second hand smoke for 60 years and she had a chest x ray recently and her lungs are perfect pink. So i know lung damage from second hand smoke is a lie

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 17:13

keefriffhards

It may be helpful to offer a few pointers if you've never done weed:

1. Don't set out to eat an entire cake every day. Don't think of consuming weed as an invitation to a daily eating competition.
2. You can manage your munchies with a little will power. Cancer, not so much.
3. If someone tells you its the munchies that makes them lazy, then they're actually just lazy. Their girlfriend and employer will corroborate this. There may be a correlation between weed consumption and laziness, but correlation is not causality.
4. Cannabis doesn't cause cancer or lung disease. Smoking cigarettes does.
5. There is a large and increasing body of evidence regarding the health benefits and medical efficacy of cannabis in the treatment of conditions from glaucoma and arthritis to epilepsy and cancer (even reversing the effect of cancer from smoking). No one has ever made a case for "medical tobacco."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 22:45 by camper88.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 23, 2015 18:54

CaptainCorella
Father Ted
Keith Richards is from a generation when smoking was widespread and its long-term dangers not fully understood, at least not in the public domain.

That really is nonsense.

Keef's only a couple of years older than me. I had information things up about/against smoking in a house I bought in 1971! The generation argument does not apply.

He smokes because he became addicted. He maintains the "I'm above everyone else" because that's the PR image he has adopted. How closely the image has merged with the reality, few people know.

You've misunderstood me. I'm not trying to defend "Keith Richards The Iconic Brand"! Richards was smoking heavily long before 1971. He probably started smoking in the late 1950s. At a guess, I'd bet there was no public health information on the dangers of smoking in the 1950s, even though tobacco companies had some evidence back in the 1930s of causal link between smoking and cancer.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 23, 2015 20:27

Of course they shouldn't apply to Keith...ridiculous nanny state, I'm a non smoker these days thanks to the advances in vaping, so this is not the thoughts of a smoker. I'm tired of these rules and regulations around everything we do, and yes I'm aware of the risks and there lays the answer...it should be on the ticket that certain areas of the venue are smoking and one of these is the stage if the performer so wishes. Same with pubs, restaurants and clubs...choice.

I'd do exactly the same as Keith and tell them to @#$%& off. I blame the Americans for all this nonsense. It's the same at work, you are not allowed to use a ladder in my work unless you've had ladder training!!! THey aren't too worried about the effect of having to waste 30-40 years of your life working and the effect s that has on your health. BLow it up their arses Keith.

Date: September 23, 2015 20:27

camper88
keefriffhards

1. Don't set out to eat an entire cake every day. Don't think of consuming weed isn't an invitation to a daily eating competition.
3. If someone tells you its the munchies that makes them lazy, then they're actually just lazy. Their girlfriend and employer will corroborate this. There may be a correlation between weed consumption and laziness, but correlation is not causality.
5. There is a large and increasing body of evidence regarding the health benefits and medical efficacy of cannabis in the treatment of conditions from glaucoma and arthritis to epilepsy and cancer (even reversing the effect of cancer from smoking). No one has ever made a case for "medical tobacco."

well very well said and very well explained but you are missing an important fact
In the UK most weed is skunk and its very strong and lethal for some
My brother used it for a few months and became schizophrenic
I have tried it a few times because my friends use it and it made me totally paranoid.
Good for all you yanks that get the Californian grass (good shit), enjoy it, i would too if i could get hold of it.
But sadely all there is in britain is the evil skunk

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 23, 2015 20:57

camper88
keefriffhards

1. Don't set out to eat an entire cake every day. Don't think of consuming weed isn't an invitation to a daily eating competition.

There was study done in California in 1992 as a direct result of a surge in people presenting at 'the doctors' with mouth and throat cancers. The study and subsequent report showed that the common denominator with all these people, from the whole social and racial spectrum, was cannabis/marijuana. I remember this because I was diagnosed with cancer in my throat too at that time and had smoked weed as well for 10 years. (1973 - 83)

Also, I have severe Emphysema, the Thoracic specialist at my hospital has written that my smoking of cannabis during the '70s/80s was a contributing factor, adding in conversation that smoking anything could give 'you' emphysema. ie. I could have smoked straight grass and (no tobacco) still got it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 20:58 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 23, 2015 21:00

keefriffhards
camper88
keefriffhards

well very well said and very well explained but you are missing an important fact
In the UK most weed is skunk and its very strong and lethal for some
My brother used it for a few months and became schizophrenic
I have tried it a few times because my friends use it and it made me totally paranoid.
Good for all you yanks that get the Californian grass (good shit), enjoy it, i would too if i could get hold of it.
But sadely all there is in britain is the evil skunk

Ahhh yes, but are there MANY types of 'California grass' - and skunk happens to also be one of them.
As a matter of fact there are so many types and crossbreeds now with newfangled fancy names given I've totally lost track.
I prefer to keep my categories simple - Indica and Sativa.

Lots of scientific mumbo jumbo here > Indica vs. Sativa

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: September 23, 2015 21:34

keefriff99
keefriffhards
camper88
keefriffhards
Go Figure

He is quite childish.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: September 23, 2015 21:54

kleermaker
muenke

[www.daserste.de]

I've read that too, but I doubt it!smoking smiley

Date: September 23, 2015 22:08

BILLPERKS
keefriff99
keefriffhards
camper88
keefriffhards
Go Figure

He is quite childish.

You got me there
I am a child in a grown ups body
I'm 50 but feel the same as when i was 17
But with so much more knowledge lol
Never grow up man its all down hill from there !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 22:10 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: September 23, 2015 22:39

keefriffhards
keefriff99
keefriffhards
camper88
keefriffhards
Go Figure

My dad has smoked cigarettes all his life in the house but no one else in the family smoke
My mum has been inhaling his second hand smoke for 60 years and she had a chest x ray recently and her lungs are perfect pink. So i know lung damage from second hand smoke is a lie

You're also quite ignorant, it can effect people with cancerous genetic markers. It likely caused Dana Reeves lung cancer & death in her 40's.
It doesn't effect everyone but saying you know it's a lie is ignorant & typical.

Date: September 23, 2015 23:20

BILLPERKS
keefriffhards
keefriff99
keefriffhards
camper88
keefriffhards
Go Figure

You're also quite ignorant, it can effect people with cancerous genetic markers. It likely caused Dana Reeves lung cancer & death in her 40's.
It doesn't effect everyone but saying you know it's a lie is ignorant & typical.

What i mean is our environment is killing us also
People just become fixated with second hand smoke and its all out of per-portion
Do a bit of research if you worried about getting cancer
Boost your immune system with herbs, go organic and keep away from processed food and unnecessary prescribed medications
Try to stay natural, we live in a toxic environment these days, i could go on all night BillPerks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 23:25 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 23:26

2 keefriff names yelling at each other is... interesting.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home