Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15
Re: The Vault release after Tokyo 1990....Leeds 1982
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 26, 2015 07:57

No wonder they rarely play outside of London. Nothing says washed up like playing in front of a burger stand. Looks like the county fair.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-26 08:02 by Dan.

Re: Just My Imagination
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: December 26, 2015 21:15

24FPS
DandelionPowderman
It's as good as Hampton, imo.

I think they both have their merits. Black Limousine on Hampton is killer, and they sound looser, if that's what you want, on Hampton. I really like Roundhay '82 for its strength, but near the end I stopped watching the DVD as they smashed into the warhorses.

Overall, I really dig Hampton, but give the nod to Leeds, purely as a guitar junkie. You were dead on earlier 24, when you said it closed that era. The tempos are insane, you get a longgg setlist and an inspired band. You say No Security, it was good, I favored Voodoo Lounge, but they never quite made it back to Leeds.......

As a footnote, again, as a guitar junkie, I really dig Seatle 81 boot. Star Star is fun.

Date: December 26, 2015 21:27

Keith's Let Me Go-solo from Leeds is insane..

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: December 27, 2015 00:52

DandelionPowderman

Funny you would mention that one. When I was 10 and bought Still Life, that one blew me away. As I got older I got to here Hampton, Philly, Detroit......etc.... That song on that tour is a Keith Richard top 5er for me! That song must have struck a deep chord with him, pity they didn't play it more later.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 27, 2015 14:45

like club gigs too many stadium dvds out, like pardiso and brixton, best gigs.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: December 27, 2015 15:02

DandelionPowderman

Absolutely!!! It's a brilliant version.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: January 1, 2016 23:55

This show has become all time fav.. the DVD is so great, just blows me away. Goose bumps yo.
And to think I loved Still Life at one time.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 3, 2016 00:08

It is a brilliant cd and dvd !And it feels even better knowing you were there.

Now when will they release Saint James Park ,Newcastle ?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 3, 2016 02:09

BILLPERKS
This show has become all time fav.. the DVD is so great, just blows me away. Goose bumps yo.
And to think I loved Still Life at one time.

*BILLPERKS WHY AREN'T YOU YELLING ABOUT LEEDS 1982?

You should be. After soaking in the Leeds '82 CD's, and it's been joy, esp. Beast of Burden going into that version of YCAGWYW,
I just viewed part of the DVD, JMI.
I can only allow myself so much at a time. Still haven't opened my Taschen book yet. Yes, I'm a headcase.
Anyway, my thoughts after viewing visually, are unfit for print.
5 star review, 10/10, par excellence, this release.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 4, 2016 04:17

After Brussels, Leeds '82 was my second favorite release of the Google Play series, and I was REALLY looking forward to the CD/DVD release. I listen to the show often and I was looking forward to seeing it. I turned it off like 5-6 songs in though. Maybe I'll finish it later, but it was the most boring concert video I'd seen. Looks like it was a great concert, but the DVD is just close-ups of their faces. You barely see anybody playing their instruments.

Date: January 4, 2016 09:19

NoCode0680
After Brussels, Leeds '82 was my second favorite release of the Google Play series, and I was REALLY looking forward to the CD/DVD release. I listen to the show often and I was looking forward to seeing it. I turned it off like 5-6 songs in though. Maybe I'll finish it later, but it was the most boring concert video I'd seen. Looks like it was a great concert, but the DVD is just close-ups of their faces. You barely see anybody playing their instruments.

It is the video feed off the screen in the stadium. We sort of knew that before the DVD came, after seeing 4 or 5 songs on YouTube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-04 10:13 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: January 4, 2016 18:19

DandelionPowderman
NoCode0680

It is the video feed off the screen in the stadium. We sort of knew that before the DVD came, after seeing 4 or 5 songs on YouTube.

I didn't take any sneak peeks or check out any of the discussion. So the first I knew about it was when I started watching it.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 4, 2016 21:25

NoCode0680
DandelionPowderman
NoCode0680

I didn't take any sneak peeks or check out any of the discussion. So the first I knew about it was when I started watching it.
exactly i was really bummed out with the close ups other wise a fine performance musical wise .Damn shame not to be able to see the glimmers plying there trade thru there instruments!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 4, 2016 21:35

The close-ups are wonderful, I dont want to have it any other way.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 4, 2016 21:44

How many shows at the 81-82 had a video screen at the stage?

Date: January 5, 2016 03:04

HMS

I agree, different perspective with equal band screen time.

Date: January 5, 2016 19:16

BILLPERKS
HMS

I agree, different perspective with equal band screen time.

Yes, there did seem to be a more equal share of screen time for the rest of the band, plenty of Bill and Charlie, even quite a bit of Stu. I don't really see the point if you can't see what they're doing though. Facial expressions aren't enough to keep me entertained for 2 hours. Granted, it was probably never intended for release or use as a stand-alone concert video, it was meant to enhance the experience for the people who could already see the band up on the stage. It's better than nothing, it's just not the Leeds video I was hoping for. I want to see Ronnie playing those licks, not just the constipated look on his face.

Date: January 5, 2016 19:53

Thommie
How many shows at the 81-82 had a video screen at the stage?

The screen came during the US leg. It was there on the LSTNT movie.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 7, 2016 03:30

paradiso 1995 maybe coming soon because most videos are off youtube isn't that a good sign?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 7, 2016 08:41

San Jose would be nice. It's too soon for the Steel Wheels Atlantic City PPV after Tokyo '90. They keep surprising us with footage we didn't know existed. Hell, we didn't even know where the LA '75 video came from. Remember the discussions that it was the internal cable feed for the Forum? And then it ended up that they'd planned it all along and that they used the Midnight Special equipment and crew. Do we know if they filmed/video shot any stops on the '73 Tour of Europe? Knebworth gets brought up, and we think it's not complete, but who knows?

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: January 7, 2016 08:45

melillo
paradiso 1995 maybe coming soon because most videos are off youtube isn't that a good sign?

Yes of course. And Paris 76 also

Posted by: Anitapal82 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 12:06

I just watched Leeds 82. I love it. Great sound. Jagger and Keith swigging jack Daniels. Mick thanking the crew at the end of the show and all the crew coming out on stage for a wave. I haven't seen that happen before at the end of a tour. And a daylight show with great vision , I can see bill wymans grey hair roots , he obviously dyes his hair. During little t and a I can see Keiths saliva on the side of his mouth, the closeup share a nice change . Sure we don't see what their hands are playing much , but we have seen enough of that before. Also stu gets a great cheer during the band intros. People have been saying the playing is too fast , but I don't think so , they are just energetic from some nose candy perhaps .

Date: January 7, 2016 12:19

AntoineParis
melillo

Yes of course. And Paris 76 also

The Paris videos are still on YouTube.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 7, 2016 12:21

Anitapal82
I just watched Leeds 82. I love it. Great sound. Jagger and Keith swigging jack Daniels. Mick thanking the crew at the end of the show and all the crew coming out on stage for a wave. I haven't seen that happen before at the end of a tour. And a daylight show with great vision , I can see bill wymans grey hair roots , he obviously dyes his hair. During little t and a I can see Keiths saliva on the side of his mouth, the closeup share a nice change . Sure we don't see what their hands are playing much , but we have seen enough of that before. Also stu gets a great cheer during the band intros. People have been saying the playing is too fast , but I don't think so , they are just energetic from some nose candy perhaps .

+1

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 7, 2016 15:01

Nose candy!!

Re: Just My Imagination
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 13, 2016 15:42

DandelionPowderman

,...but give the nod to Leeds, purely as a guitar junkie.

Ditto that ;^)

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 13, 2016 16:06

Leeds '82 CD 1, just the bloody CD, is worth the $30 (is that what I paid?)
I LOVE that CD.
I have barely (like 1/2 a song) watched the DVD, but
JMI, Beast of Burden, YCAGWYW,
Glory. Bliss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-13 16:07 by 35love.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 13, 2016 19:07

Anitapal82
or the Stones were looking forward to going on holiday as this was the last show of the 82 tour and for that matter the next seven years before the played on stage .

Just bought live at leeds dvd 1982
Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: January 27, 2016 02:17

Should I be Pumped..
Watching it after work..Beers (check) Cigs (check) Misc. (check)!!
2 hrs to go..

Re: Just bought live at leeds dvd 1982
Date: January 27, 2016 05:39

EPIC !!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home