Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15
Re: The Vault release after Tokyo 1990....Leeds 1982
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 22, 2015 08:05

straycatuk
It was Gene Barge on the European tour

sc uk

Thank you sc uk. Mr. Barge is quite accomplished.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 22, 2015 15:42

It was very hard to watch, it starts out fine but soon goes to nothing but EXTREME close-ups. Oh well, it's still way better than not having the show at all.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: November 22, 2015 18:03

I thinks it's great to see them release these kind of videos which are not perfectly shot or in glorious quality. Maybe there is hope to get some rare 70's concerts we didn't even think were shot, even if the quality is bad.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 22, 2015 21:21

Deltics
kovach
Turner68
Finally finished Leeds. It's great. Definitely better than Hampton/Let's Spend the Night Together. My esteem of the 81/82 tour has gone up.

I noticed a lot more between song banter on this one than any of the US '81 shows.

Anybody else notice that Jagger adopts a more "English" accent on the Leeds discs as opposed to the "Shamerican" one he uses at Hampton?

I thought his accent sounded a bit thicker too!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 22, 2015 22:28

shadooby
It was very hard to watch, it starts out fine but soon goes to nothing but EXTREME close-ups. Oh well, it's still way better than not having the show at all.

Exactly my thoughts...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 22, 2015 22:50

I didn't realize the stage cameras only did close ups back then. Nowadays they are more diverse, zooming in on fingers, pulling out for wide shots, etc. This was a tough watch for sure. That aside, my opinion of this release can be summed up in 3 words: Bill Friggin' Wyman!!!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 22, 2015 22:53

Quoting myself:
"I like the shots of STU and Chuck Leavell playing together on one keyboard a lot. Especially because this came to be STU's last show with HIS band".

Thinking by myself:
Maybe moments like this and the whole 81-82 Tour gave Chuck Leavell the conviction he was the right man in the right place after STU was gone.
Keep in mind STU did suggest Chuck as a keyboard player for the 81 tour.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 22, 2015 22:59

RipThisBone

Well that's what Chuck's been saying for the last 30 years... smoking smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 22, 2015 23:02

dcba
RipThisBone

Well that's what Chuck's been saying for the last 30 years... smoking smiley

What would you do in Chuck's place drinking smileygrinning smileythumbs up

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: November 23, 2015 00:15

shortfatfanny
shadooby

Exactly my thoughts...

Yes, and also we have the soundtrack of the shows (if you don't like the way it was filmed).

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 23, 2015 00:17

Comparitively little enthusiasm here about all these great releases.
I'm very happy we now have this footage and the audio in the best possible quality.
Today i was listening to the old hampton bootleg, which is one of the best quality bootlegs around
The upgrades we got are so much better.
I really hope more will come next year.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 23, 2015 04:18

Whale
I'm very happy we now have this footage and the audio in the best possible quality.
Today i was listening to the old hampton bootleg, which is one of the best quality bootlegs around

thumbs up

I think we will...they went to the trouble of releasing all these in so many formats, even after the download versions were made available...makes me think they must be making some money on them.

Lot's of good material still in the can, starting with El Mocambo...it's shocking this unique piece of history wasn't in the first round of releases.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: November 23, 2015 16:28

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-07 21:06 by tioms.

Date: November 23, 2015 16:30

Whale

Indeed they are!

However, by scrolling through this thread I'd say that most people are happy with this release.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 23, 2015 18:31

The 3 LP / DVD set cost me about £16 from Amazon. About the same for the cd version. Yes it's hard to watch......I kept wanting to shout .. "zoom out you bastard!" , but for so little money, it's all more than worth it for the superb audio.

The band are on top form here and.......Come back Bill !

sc uk

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 23, 2015 18:53

I think it's great. It's annoying they don't zoom out, but are we better off with this released? Absolutely. The sound is good and the video is also enjoyable once you realize what is happening.

I suppose they should have made it clearer that the video is what it is, and not professionally shot for a feature film.

I recommend this to any Stones fan.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 23, 2015 19:10

straycatuk
The 3 LP / DVD set cost me about £16 from Amazon. About the same for the cd version. Yes it's hard to watch......I kept wanting to shout .. "zoom out you bastard!" , but for so little money, it's all more than worth it for the superb audio.

The band are on top form here and.......Come back Bill !

sc uk

Spot on! Totally agree. They take Let Me Go to another level at this show.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 23, 2015 19:21

tioms
Hi,

Today I've seen that Leeds 1982 DVD. (one time and NO more)
What a worse film is that.
Neverending close up's.
What for a person has registered that?
Rolling Stones : If you have nothing better: let stay it in your shelfs.(not the cd or lp)
Maybe the Rotterdam 1982 is much better as I've seen 3 songs of it on TV.

Concert Leeds is ++++,,,,,sound is++++,,,but film registration : under zero

So you rather want the 2 Cds for 15€ than the combo with DVD for 16€? I can't see why this shouldn't be released? Most of us here have spend money on bootlegs that sound like a toilet but now we are complaining because we get an uncirculated 1982 show in excellent audio and video quality because it was filmed for a screen and not for the few people who want to spend money on this 33 years after? Come on guys. This show makes so much fun...

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 23, 2015 19:40

Whale

I think the Vault Series has been absolutely incredible; I have anticipated and enjoyed every release. Just a few years ago this wasnt even on the radar, and some of these releases were much wished for - Texas 1978, Marquee 71, Ladies and Gents 72, Hampton 81....Charlie is My Darling extended, Muddy Waters and the band 81; these would have all been mentioned as wish lists for release.

Leeds is a lot of close ups, but to have a 1982 show in this quality on DVD and audio is wonderful. I'm delighted with it; the close ups don't bother me at all, its so much better having than not being released at all. Ive already watched Leeds twice, it is incredibly entertaining, the sound is excellent, and I have to say the band are on fire. Really showcases how integral Bill was to the swinging sound - the Vault releases have shown how bloody amazing he was!

Date: November 23, 2015 19:52

IrelandCalling4
Whale

I think the Vault Series has been absolutely incredible; I have anticipated and enjoyed every release. Just a few years ago this wasnt even on the radar, and some of these releases were much wished for - Texas 1978, Marquee 71, Ladies and Gents 72, Hampton 81....Charlie is My Darling extended, Muddy Waters and the band 81; these would have all been mentioned as wish lists for release.

Leeds is a lot of close ups, but to have a 1982 show in this quality on DVD and audio is wonderful. I'm delighted with it; the close ups don't bother me at all, its so much better having than not being released at all. Ive already watched Leeds twice, it is incredibly entertaining, the sound is excellent, and I have to say the band are on fire. Really showcases how integral Bill was to the swinging sound - the Vault releases have shown how bloody amazing he was!

+1

Date: November 23, 2015 20:13

hockenheim,

Money, doesn't intrest me. I've LA 1975 transfered in 1978 from NTSC U matic video

NTSC into VHS system PAL for a price 400€ (430 dollar or 280 £) for ONE HOUR, (yes, you read it good ONE HOUR) the cost was for me

compleet concert in 1978 +/- 900€ in 1978 in great quality.

I still have the U-MATIC tapes at home.

So, don't speak about a few €'s for this one to me. (this is peanuts to buy it)

About the Leeds dvd or blu ray : It's a worse filming of that concert. Sound is++++++

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 23, 2015 21:13

Got my copy today, Nov 23, and watched it briefly.
First impressions, great sound, and good filming. Yeah, a lot of close ups, but hey, what the hell.
Could be a little less of Bill, but i dont mind. keef and ronnie and mick and Ian , everybody is in top form.

reminded me of the 3 Rotterdam shows i attended in 1982. Good souvenir.

Charlie is good tonite aint he. Well, Charlie always is.

Love it.
jeroen

Posted by: Rio ()
Date: November 23, 2015 21:19

hockenheim95
tioms
Hi,

Today I've seen that Leeds 1982 DVD. (one time and NO more)
What a worse film is that.
Neverending close up's.
What for a person has registered that?
Rolling Stones : If you have nothing better: let stay it in your shelfs.(not the cd or lp)
Maybe the Rotterdam 1982 is much better as I've seen 3 songs of it on TV.

Concert Leeds is ++++,,,,,sound is++++,,,but film registration : under zero

So you rather want the 2 Cds for 15€ than the combo with DVD for 16€? I can't see why this shouldn't be released? Most of us here have spend money on bootlegs that sound like a toilet but now we are complaining because we get an uncirculated 1982 show in excellent audio and video quality because it was filmed for a screen and not for the few people who want to spend money on this 33 years after? Come on guys. This show makes so much fun...

Second that. I am one of the biggest admirers of the 81/82 tour but even I had a hard time going through this at first. I've watched it again, knowing what to expect and it kicks ass! After all I do enjoy the butchered Let's Spend the Night Together film, the horrendous quality (audio and video) of the first Seattle gig and Houston and then there are the uncomplete Pontiac and Wembley shows which all were a given.

Now we have this top notch performance you see a a lot of Bill and my subwoofer actually picks up Bill much better than on the Hampton release. Still not mentioned in the liner notes or a single pic of him in the booklet.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 23, 2015 21:20

tioms
hockenheim,

Money, doesn't intrest me. I've LA 1975 transfered in 1978 from NTSC U matic video

NTSC into VHS system PAL for a price 400€ (430 dollar or 280 £) for ONE HOUR, (yes, you read it good ONE HOUR) the cost was for me

compleet concert in 1978 +/- 900€ in 1978 in great quality.

I still have the U-MATIC tapes at home.

So, don't speak about a few €'s for this one to me. (this is peanuts to buy it)

About the Leeds dvd or blu ray : It's a worse filming of that concert. Sound is++++++

Can you post a few screen shots please? Is the quality better than the Eagle Rock release?

Date: November 24, 2015 12:49

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-07 21:08 by tioms.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 24, 2015 12:56

So what's next? Paris 76 or the complete Knebworth? There aren't too many obvious ones left now. Chicago Double Door 97 perhaps? Or the endless Vegas period from 89 onwards.

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: November 24, 2015 13:20

No-please nothing from the Vegas-Era.Well,at least they will throw that Phoenix clubshow out ( like all the other downloads).Any chance we get the MSG shows (or a show)from 1969 as a DVD? I wonder if there's a pro-shot from 1973 European Tour? That would be top notch for me! Just wait and see....

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: November 24, 2015 13:24

Something from the 1972 american tour would be nice.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: November 24, 2015 13:37

Tops
Something from the 1972 american tour would be nice.

But the real treat would be if they could dig something up from that infamous 1792 tour.

[www.iorr.org]

Date: November 24, 2015 13:48

Silver Dagger
So what's next? Paris 76 or the complete Knebworth? There aren't too many obvious ones left now. Chicago Double Door 97 perhaps? Or the endless Vegas period from 89 onwards.

Well, they did a few shows at clubs in 1995...

But I reckon Toronto Phoenix comes out first.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2656
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home