Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 15
Re: Leeds vs Hampton DVD
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 18, 2015 12:50

Bring it on!! >grinning smiley<

Date: November 18, 2015 13:05

Leeds is in the stores now! thumbs up

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 18, 2015 13:07

that packaging looks pretty cool.

10 years ago, who could have guessed that we'd be getting products like this? very cool.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 18, 2015 13:34

DandelionPowderman
If you like Keith's playing with the MXR Analog Delay pedal, this is the show you'll wanna hear.

It's certainly the best 1982 show I've heard thumbs up
what does he use it on ?

Date: November 18, 2015 13:59

TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
If you like Keith's playing with the MXR Analog Delay pedal, this is the show you'll wanna hear.

what does he use it on ?

When The Whip Comes Down, Neighbours, Little T+A and She's So Cold so far.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-18 14:49 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: November 18, 2015 14:29

Hi,

just a question:

what is special on "MXR Analog Delay pedal"?

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 18, 2015 14:46

Not in stores here until Friday I believe, cannot wait to have this DVD! Loved Hampton, a spectacular show. Leeds Roundhay audio was very good, so the DVD is much anticipated.

Had this ever circulated before on bootleg? I recall seeking all of the Pro Shots I could when collecting, I never had heard of this one circulating.

Date: November 18, 2015 14:47

Never on DVD, only on audience audio.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 18, 2015 15:19

DandelionPowderman
TheGreek
DandelionPowderman

what does he use it on ?

When The Whip Comes Down, Neighbours, Little T+A and She's So Cold so far.
thank you kindly for the info!

Re: The Vault release after Tokyo 1990....Leeds 1982
Date: November 19, 2015 15:09

DandelionPowderman
The vinyl has a warmer sound than the DVD. It sounds like especially Keith had a more «hard rock» sound than he had on the US leg of the tour. On the DVD that is very evident. On the LP that sound is softened a bit. And the sound is more heavy on bass.

This release surpassed my expectations, which weren't really that high since we've had this show for a while.

Highlights of the show:

– Keith's ridiculously fast licks (in minor) on Beast Of Burden while Mick and Ronnie were in the cherry picker
– Most of the band members were obviously running out of hair dye smiling smiley
– A lovely Black Limousine
– A beautiful Angie
– Mick's 2,5 seconds on stage for Little T+A
– Even though everybody looks wasted and tired on this last show of the tour, they are all having fun and the joy they're having is very visible
– Keith hijacking JJF and it takes forever before they start the last verse

I must add Ronnie's (is this the only one?) fabulous slide guitar solo on YCAGWYW.

Date: November 19, 2015 17:18

I'm very much looking forward to this!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 19, 2015 23:43

This is really a fantastic show. It comes along so much better when the visuals. Charlie is always smilling and I think this must be the video release where you can see the fewest images of Mick. Sometimes I wish I could see him more running down the catwalks. But this show is so much fun. Funny clothes, great playing and the most crazy firework I have ever seen. Thank you Rolling Stones for tis great show.

Date: November 20, 2015 09:56

Listening to this right now, it's great! So far, better than Hampton, but only part way through. They were a really great band. Love that they got shots of Stu plugging away.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-20 10:00 by Turner68.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 20, 2015 12:28

Just been informed by amazon uk that delicery is not expected till monday, i was promised it would be on the saturday.

Is it on sale in the uk stores today?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 20, 2015 15:43

Should arrive at the house today!! These DVD vault releases are invaluable to capture the Stones at different periods throughout their career. Plus Ian Stewarts last (real) concert with the band, how special…..smileys with beer

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 20, 2015 15:47

I got the 2 cd/dvd version this morning, have a day off but my tv is not working...angry smiley.
Listening to the audio now. It sounds superb!
Little mistake with the white lettering on the almost also white cd's. Can't read if it's CD 1, 2 or the DVD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-20 15:48 by RipThisBone.

Date: November 20, 2015 15:48

hockenheim95
This is really a fantastic show. It comes along so much better when the visuals. Charlie is always smilling and I think this must be the video release where you can see the fewest images of Mick. Sometimes I wish I could see him more running down the catwalks. But this show is so much fun. Funny clothes, great playing and the most crazy firework I have ever seen. Thank you Rolling Stones for tis great show.

Totally spaced out fireworks. It was still daylight, and they fired up so many that we finally could see the fireworks in the black smoke. Excellent! grinning smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 20, 2015 15:50

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95

Totally spaced out fireworks. It was still daylight, and they fired up so many that we finally could see the fireworks in the black smoke. Excellent! grinning smiley

It was the last show of the tour, so they had to get rid of all the fireworks that was left.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 20, 2015 15:58

straycatuk
I remember them playing really well. My 1st show was at Wembley a month earlier and they were definately rougher.I can't say I noticed the fast playing, but it was noticable on the download - I think they probably used up the remaining coke as it was last show !

Leeds has stayed in my memory as a perfect day.

sc uk
remaining coke and fireworks are the best cocktail to have an exceptional show !

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: November 20, 2015 20:23

DandelionPowderman
Leeds is in the stores now! thumbs up

Love this.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: November 20, 2015 22:34

Wasn't gonna bother with this after Hampton but kinda thinkin I will now reading these

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 20, 2015 22:39

Anyone in the US having a hard time getting Leeds, was told by two record stores vinyl was not available.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 20, 2015 23:21

Have not seen the vinyl anywhere here either. Not even Amazon US.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 20, 2015 23:22

Really enjoyed the blistering piano playing on Let Me Go with Ian and Chuck sitting together at the same piano. Very cool.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: November 21, 2015 00:22

None of the Best Buy stores in Atlanta seem to have this yet. Anyone else having trouble finding it?

Ross

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 21, 2015 00:36

Ross
None of the Best Buy stores in Atlanta seem to have this yet. Anyone else having trouble finding it?

Ross

Best Buy has become a joke when it comes to new releases on release day.

Pimple-faced Geek-Squad boy with girly accent: "We have a display just for that release that I haven't got around to putting up yet...let me check in the back for the [INSERT NEW RELEASE HERE]...nope nothing back there, can you check back tomorrow or we can order it for you".

Stick with Amazon it'll be in yer box the day it comes out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 00:39 by shadooby.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 21, 2015 01:01

I stopped preordering on Amazon because it never comes until 2 weeks after and I got screwed with them over selling limited edition stuff and got screwed. Amazon doesn't have this anyways in the U.S.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2015 01:03

Lots of good Roundhay Park packages on CDJapan
Great FAST delivery too

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

ROCKMAN

Date: November 21, 2015 01:08

Great for you ROCK...Japan's yer back door...and ya get all those bonus tracks that none of the rest of us doangry smiley

Date: November 21, 2015 01:10

Hound Dog
I stopped preordering on Amazon because it never comes until 2 weeks after and I got screwed with them over selling limited edition stuff and got screwed. Amazon doesn't have this anyways in the U.S.

Not sure what yer tawkin bout...mine was waitin in the box for me when I got home from work...Bluray/cd's...SWEETthumbs upthumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2197
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home