Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15
Re: The Vault release after Tokyo 1990....Leeds 1982
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 28, 2015 22:14

Question about the Tokyo 1990 release : Are the channels also switched in the vinyl or are they correct?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 28, 2015 22:20

frankotero
On the flip side I would like to say I'm disappointed by the channel switching on the Tokyo '90 release. People like me are big fans and supporters and it's a real slap in the face to make such a simple and foolish mistake, I hope this was not intentional. Seriously I can not listen to it because of this. It's kind of a waste and creates dis-trust in my opinion. Please do the archive releases correctly as possible. I'm sure there are many fans waiting for the next title.

Eagle Rock are replacing the channel switched discs for the correct ones free of charge.
Message them via Facebook.
[www.facebook.com]
Or send them an email.
mail@eagle-rock.com
Or: [www.eagle-rock.com]
All they require is a photo or scan of your receipt and your postal address.

I got mine just over a week after I contacted them.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-28 22:24 by Deltics.

Date: November 28, 2015 22:22

barbabang
Question about the Tokyo 1990 release : Are the channels also switched in the vinyl or are they correct?

Yes they are but they haven't yet pressed the correct ones.
They will replace them when they are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-28 22:26 by Deltics.

Date: November 28, 2015 22:25

Thank you Deltics. In that case i'm holding off buying this release until this is fixed.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: November 28, 2015 22:31

Hi - what do you mean by "channel switching" on the Tokyo release - do you mean that the left hand stereo channel is coming out the right speaker? If so, how can you tell? I have bought the Tokyo cd and the dvd - I have watched the dvd but have not played the cd yet.

Date: November 28, 2015 22:37

"do you mean that the left hand stereo channel is coming out the right speaker?"
Exactly that. The DVD is fine but not the audio discs.
Keef should always come out of the right hand speaker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-28 22:38 by Deltics.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 28, 2015 23:03

Thank you for this great information Deltics. Happy to feel good about consumer affairs. This rocks!

Date: November 28, 2015 23:11

frankotero
Thank you for this great information Deltics. Happy to feel good about consumer affairs. This rocks!

Happy to Be a Part of the Industry of Human Happiness! grinning smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 28, 2015 23:18

Found my invoice and sent an email. Thanks again. Eagerly awaiting the right CDs so I can hear it the right way. Cheers.

Date: November 28, 2015 23:44

barbabang
Thank you Deltics. In that case i'm holding off buying this release until this is fixed.

To be honest, If your going to buy the vinyl copy anyway, I'd get it now and then contact Eagle Rock about the problem.
We have no idea how many copies they've already pressed but it seems unlikely that they're going to trash any unsold stock.
You could wait a year and still receive a wrong 'un and you won't know until you've bought it and played it.
They're only going to send replacements to people who complain about it so it's best to put yourself in the queue and guarantee you get the correct ones when they become available.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 29, 2015 00:41

WOW!!!!!!Just watched it and it brought back some amazing memories.When I am out walking the dog tomorrow at Roundhay those amazing memories are gonna flood back,33 years f&&k!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 29, 2015 01:06

john lomax
Hi - what do you mean by "channel switching" on the Tokyo release - do you mean that the left hand stereo channel is coming out the right speaker? If so, how can you tell? I have bought the Tokyo cd and the dvd - I have watched the dvd but have not played the cd yet.
CDs with reversed channels for Europe came with matrices
CD1: EAGDV051 AF06429-01 manufactured by optimal media GmbH
CD2: EAGDV051 AF06430-01 manufactured by optimal media GmbH
Mastering SID code ifpi L574 for both.
Mould SID code IFPI9751 for both (last two digits could be different)

Replacement CDs with correct channels with matrices
CD1: manufactured by optimal media GmbH AF12086-01
CD2: manufactured by optimal media GmbH AF12088-01
Mastering SID code ifpi L573 for both.
Mould SID codes IFPI9753 for both (last two digits could be different)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-29 02:11 by ironbelly.

Date: November 29, 2015 17:58

Anyone know if Roundhay Park has the correct audio? The reason I ask is that on amazon.uk the status of this product is 'under review'. What might be the reason?

Date: November 29, 2015 18:48

barbabang
Anyone know if Roundhay Park has the correct audio? The reason I ask is that on amazon.uk the status of this product is 'under review'. What might be the reason?

I'm only seeing that on the vinyl version not for the CD.

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other Marketplace Sellers on this page, it's not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are dispatching it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-29 19:21 by Deltics.

Date: November 29, 2015 18:54

barbabang

The LP/DVD set has the correct audio

Date: November 29, 2015 19:17

DandelionPowderman
barbabang

Thank you for replying. Good to know, must be something different then at Amazon.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: November 29, 2015 20:32

barbabang
DandelionPowderman
barbabang

Thank you for replying. Good to know, must be something different then at Amazon.

The CD has the correct audio, too.

Tom

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 29, 2015 22:53

Listening to Bob Dylan's Bootleg release, the fantastic Vol 12, it really accentuated how amazing it would be if the Stones would release the entire MSG '69 concert. And as much film as there is left over from that tour. And a full concert, Baltimore, Philly, DETROIT! Or even a several shows from that tour, ala Dylan being so complete with his releases. The press would be fantastic, and it would sell, and they could really do something special. With a DVD, analog pressed vinyl, and a great book, and even consider releasing the entire Altamont show!

Lets hope they can work with abkco to do a proper box set release. Call Dylan's team if need be!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 30, 2015 00:31

Turner68
john lomax
The other comment I have is - Bill looks fairly cool in this gig - but he has really aged and now he looks like a really old man. It's strange - Keith looked rough in 82 (is a lot older than he actually was) and now he looks old but cool. Whereas in 82 Bill probably looks younger than he was (he was 47 then I think) but he looks seriously old these days.....

Bill doesn't die his hair as much as Keith does

Bill was rumoured to have had some cosmetic surgery in the 1980s...he certainly lost some of that hollow cheeked look which is how journalists often referred to him in the 1960s.
At one time he and Charlie both looked younger than their band members.
He stopped dyeing his hair some years ago, as did Keith. Mick clearly still uses the bottle, Ronnie claims his is au natural, but then he isn't someone to take quotes too literaly.
When you think that Bill hits 80 next year, he's not looking at all bad...main thing he still has a strong work ethic and always seems to gave lots of projects on the go. Good for him.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 30, 2015 00:41

Bill was a heavy smoker for decades but managed to quit smoking a few years ago when he noticed signs of COPD. A decision which probably will prolong his life for a couple of more years.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 30, 2015 00:49

Well, Ive just heard on the UK national news that in the US a pill is being developed which could extend life expectancy to 120 years.

Lots of time then for Mr Trump to have a few more stabs at the US presidency should he not make the grade in 2016.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 01:34

Stoneage
Bill was a heavy smoker for decades but managed to quit smoking a few years ago when he noticed signs of COPD. A decision which probably will prolong his life for a couple of more years.

As someone who successfully quit smoking after many times of failing (i used nicorette) I'd just like to pass on the fact that it's never too late to quit - the health benefits kick in within a day of quitting.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 30, 2015 01:47

jlowe
Well, Ive just heard on the UK national news that in the US a pill is being developed which could extend life expectancy to 120 years.

Lots of time then for Mr Trump to have a few more stabs at the US presidency should he not make the grade in 2016.

Thought he was 120.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 30, 2015 05:15

Turner68
Stoneage

As someone who successfully quit smoking after many times of failing (i used nicorette) I'd just like to pass on the fact that it's never too late to quit - the health benefits kick in within a day of quitting.

Good for you Turner, and good for Bill Wyman! I wish I could get my eldest sister to do the same.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 30, 2015 10:20

Just revieved my copy (DVD+2CD) from amazon.de. This is a nice release with correct audio (Keith right, Ron left) on the CDs as well ...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 11:10

Just got TOKYO CD and DVD a week. For a tour that was in support of Steel Wheels, and a tour that I never saw live shows of, given the somewhat 'sterile and thin' sound of the album, the CD and DVD of the Tokyo show has real punch!

I like the sound a heap, except for Sad, Sad, Sad...which truly IS Sad, Sad, Sad to my ears!

And that's a great, dare i say it?, under-rated version of Sympathy. Keith tears it up!

Rod

Date: November 30, 2015 13:29

bitusa2012
Just got TOKYO CD and DVD a week. For a tour that was in support of Steel Wheels, and a tour that I never saw live shows of, given the somewhat 'sterile and thin' sound of the album, the CD and DVD of the Tokyo show has real punch!

I like the sound a heap, except for Sad, Sad, Sad...which truly IS Sad, Sad, Sad to my ears!

And that's a great, dare i say it?, under-rated version of Sympathy. Keith tears it up!

I think everybody loved that SFTD version at the time. Many became bored with the same version as they held onto it on all the following tours, though.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 30, 2015 14:38

If Keith kept playing it like that, no one would ever have got bored of it

Date: November 30, 2015 14:47

Wild Slivovitz
If Keith kept playing it like that, no one would ever have got bored of it

True, but I think it would have helped if Mick also kept singing it like that smiling smiley

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: December 1, 2015 10:04

Maybe someone asked this before and got an answer already, but I like the "Take The A-Train"-Intro on Leeds very much. Does anybody know from which Duke Ellington record it is taken from?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home