Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: The Vault release after Tokyo 1990....Leeds 1982
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 1, 2015 17:32

So...the Tokyo Audio Cds with Keith on the left will be collector's items..right?

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 1, 2015 17:38

Looking forward to seeing Leeds 82 for first time. Is the fact that it is directly from video feed for screens at show okay or strange.

Also...recently watched Tokyo Dome 90 show and was surprised at all of the twirling Keith did while playing. Didn't remember that from other '89-'90 shows that I've seen on video or in person.

And I'm listening to the audio cd of Tokyo right now (Paint it Black) ...and it is strange to hear Keith come out of the left side.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 1, 2015 17:46

sweet neo con
Looking forward to seeing Leeds 82 for first time. Is the fact that it is directly from video feed for screens at show okay or strange.

it's a little strange, but if you're expecting it, it's kind of cool (lots of shots you don't usually see much of - charlie, bill, etc. are on as much as mick) and they performed very well that day.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 2, 2015 14:02

RockingLonestar
Maybe someone asked this before and got an answer already, but I like the "Take The A-Train"-Intro on Leeds very much. Does anybody know from which Duke Ellington record it is taken from?

It would seem to be from "Ellington Uptown".
See here: [www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: December 3, 2015 21:13

Keith's solo on Let Me Go is so good! Those country bends combined with his Chuck Berry licks are so tasty! I think that period was his best in terms of lead guitar. He'll never lose his rhythm style though...

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: December 4, 2015 19:15

Deltics
frankotero
On the flip side I would like to say I'm disappointed by the channel switching on the Tokyo '90 release. People like me are big fans and supporters and it's a real slap in the face to make such a simple and foolish mistake, I hope this was not intentional. Seriously I can not listen to it because of this. It's kind of a waste and creates dis-trust in my opinion. Please do the archive releases correctly as possible. I'm sure there are many fans waiting for the next title.

Eagle Rock are replacing the channel switched discs for the correct ones free of charge.
Message them via Facebook.
[www.facebook.com]
Or send them an email.
mail@eagle-rock.com
Or: [www.eagle-rock.com]
All they require is a photo or scan of your receipt and your postal address.

I got mine just over a week after I contacted them.

I emailed them over a week ago and haven't heard anything. They didn't even reply to say that they had received my email. I am not happy - appalling customer service!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 6, 2015 03:15

The direction of the Leeds DVD is just awful!!! I mean, it's nice to have close-ups of the band, but sometime I'd like to see also the instruments actually being played as well as the bigger picture of the band on stage.

That's a shame, because the show it's pretty good. Maybe "Just My Imagination" turns out a little bit boring, but the rest is very nice. HIghlights: Angie, Let Me Go, Twenty-Flight Rock/Going To a Go Go (it's great when Jagger yells "pick it up" during the transition from the former to the latter).

By the way, in the movie Bill is the coolest of the bunch!

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: December 6, 2015 05:56

Holy shit, the DVD was awesome. What a show. Let me go is rip snortin' with Stu & Chuck playing same piano. Seeing Stu having such fun at his last Stones gig makes this worth the $$$..Hard to believe they didn't tour for 7 years after this show.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: December 6, 2015 14:27

BILLPERKS
Holy shit, the DVD was awesome. What a show. Let me go is rip snortin' with Stu & Chuck playing same piano. Seeing Stu having such fun at his last Stones gig makes this worth the $$$..Hard to believe they didn't tour for 7 years after this show.

Yep, I reckon Let me Go with Stu and Chuck on piano is the best thing in the whole show - just love seeing the smile on Stu's face. I guess this probably happened quite a lot (ie songs that Stu really dug and loved playing) but as far as I know this is the only video that captures the joy he had playing with his band. Love it!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 7, 2015 09:33

john lomax
BILLPERKS

Yep, I reckon Let me Go with Stu and Chuck on piano is the best thing in the whole show - just love seeing the smile on Stu's face. I guess this probably happened quite a lot (ie songs that Stu really dug and loved playing) but as far as I know this is the only video that captures the joy he had playing with his band. Love it!

thumbs up

Date: December 7, 2015 10:12

john lomax
BILLPERKS

I haven't seen them doing that on other shows from this tour. Cool indeed thumbs up

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 9, 2015 16:37

I have a stupid question to those who ordered Leeds 82 via. amazon.de

I just received my copy of DVD/2CD combo (with huge delay due to post service mess). Everything seems to be OK, but the red sticker on the plastic. You know, the one that states DVD+2CD Set, Features restored footage and remixed audio etc...

My copy came with semi-transparent plastic sticker on the digipak 'FSK ab 0 freigegeben'

Is it normal?

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: December 9, 2015 17:07

ironbelly

I just received my copy of DVD/2CD combo (with huge delay due to post service mess). Everything seems to be OK, but the red sticker on the plastic. You know, the one that states DVD+2CD Set, Features restored footage and remixed audio etc...

My copy came with semi-transparent plastic sticker on the digipak 'FSK ab 0 freigegeben'

Is it normal?

Yes. FSK

Tom

Date: December 9, 2015 17:16

electricmud
ironbelly

Is it normal?

Yes. FSK

Tom
I know, what FSK is but the question is about that red sticker.

Look - LP-based and CD-based combos with red stickers

The CD-based combo I got

Red sticker is missing but FSK is here.

PS. Those previous - Hampton 81, LA 75, Marquee 71 and Tokyo 90 I got from amazon.co.uk were with stickers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-09 17:35 by ironbelly.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: December 9, 2015 17:53

Well my cd-copy is the same: red/orange sticker on cellophan, FSK sticker on cd-cover.

Tom

Date: December 9, 2015 18:03

electricmud
Well my cd-copy is the same: red/orange sticker on cellophan, FSK sticker on cd-cover.

Tom
Well... In my case - red sticker is missing. Hmmmm...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 9, 2015 18:48

Easily the best Stones video release ever, in large part due to the amateurish editing of just another gig in flyover country. None of the self consciousness of the pay per views, or playing in front of royalty and movie stars in major media centers, just a kick ass gig in front of tens of thousands of rock fans.

This is definitely a raw video screen feed from someone who has possibly never live edited a concert before. A welcome relief to many official releases which are over-edited with headache inducing 50 frame changes a minute.

You get to see an unshaven Ronnie completely blasted out of his mind, Charlie looking like he is about to fall asleep, Bill always scanning the crowd, Mick taking a swig out of Keith's Jack Daniels bottle. None of which you would have seen if the band had any clue this would be a future release.

And that "other" sax player you can never remember? Watch this DVD and you will never forget!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 9, 2015 19:31

Dan
just another gig in flyover country

Flyover country? It's their native country. They are all Englishmen.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: December 13, 2015 03:54

Lots of talk about Leeds here. Not much about Tokyo besides the channel switching.

Anyone else notice that Mick's harmonica track on Midnight Rambler is missing on the DVD?

And why is there no mention of what date the Tokyo show is from anywhere on the packaging?

I can't believe I'm saying this about 89/90 - but this is when Keith was actually playing a ton more than he has recently. Nice to have the guitars higher in the mix for this release too.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: December 13, 2015 13:58

I bought the leeds dvd some days ago and it's fantastic, really. I think that it is one of their best concert ever. Very good quality too.

I know that this is not the right place but, is there any good dvd rip torrent of the tokyo dome concert of 1990? I dont think I'll buy it.

Have a nice day friends.

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: December 13, 2015 15:18

And that "other" sax player you can never remember? Watch this DVD and you will never forget![/quote]

I think the video should be tituled "Gene Barge and his Rolling Stones"winking smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 14, 2015 00:30

Dan
Mick taking a swig out of Keith's Jack Daniels bottle.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was probably tea in a
Jack bottle for Mick.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: December 14, 2015 05:47

Sorry, but Ernie Watts was way better than Gene Barge.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 14, 2015 07:26

Dan
Easily the best Stones video release ever, in large part due to the amateurish editing of just another gig in flyover country. None of the self consciousness of the pay per views, or playing in front of royalty and movie stars in major media centers, just a kick ass gig in front of tens of thousands of rock fans.

This is definitely a raw video screen feed from someone who has possibly never live edited a concert before. A welcome relief to many official releases which are over-edited with headache inducing 50 frame changes a minute.

You get to see an unshaven Ronnie completely blasted out of his mind, Charlie looking like he is about to fall asleep, Bill always scanning the crowd, Mick taking a swig out of Keith's Jack Daniels bottle. None of which you would have seen if the band had any clue this would be a future release.

And that "other" sax player you can never remember? Watch this DVD and you will never forget!

*Brilliant I pulled the trigger to finally purchase cannot wait to see the DVD later this week!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 14, 2015 11:27

shadooby
Dan
Mick taking a swig out of Keith's Jack Daniels bottle.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was probably tea in a
Jack bottle for Mick.

You're most probably right. >grinning smiley<

Still, the way Keith is takin' a bow after the concert with fóur cups of champagne - in óne hand - is priceless.
'Staged' or not: thàt one 's pure attitude. smoking smiley

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: December 14, 2015 12:12

JMARKO
Lots of talk about Leeds here. Not much about Tokyo besides the channel switching.

Anyone else notice that Mick's harmonica track on Midnight Rambler is missing on the DVD?

And why is there no mention of what date the Tokyo show is from anywhere on the packaging?

I can't believe I'm saying this about 89/90 - but this is when Keith was actually playing a ton more than he has recently. Nice to have the guitars higher in the mix for this release too.

On my DVD Mick´s harp on MR is not missing!

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: December 14, 2015 12:15

john lomax
BILLPERKS

It captures the joy he had playing with Chuck ;-)

Date: December 14, 2015 12:18

JMARKO

This is a Leeds thread. Try THIS thread for Tokyo.

<I can't believe I'm saying this about 89/90 - but this is when Keith was actually playing a ton more than he has recently.>

Hardly surprising, as he was peaking round that time as a guitarist.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: December 15, 2015 17:02

what about the sound on vinyl ??

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: December 15, 2015 17:04

Lovely sound on vinyl!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home