Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 147
Re: Name The New Album
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 15, 2016 14:22

MrEcho
Is it possible that the blues album will only be part of a deluxe package of the new album?

Nobody will buy the single NEW album.....

Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 15, 2016 15:42

Thanks Rockman for Don Was interview thingy. (its not at the first part you have to slide on over to minute 1:54 which is where the Don Was conversation is) in dec. they started off with blue and lonesome (little walter). its gonna be niiiiice..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-15 15:49 by tumbled.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 15, 2016 15:49

If they want sales release a double with a single cd list price. Frampton Comes Alive came out that way and a few others. Although a single cd can hold 180 minutes I think the flow would be better if there were 2 distinct cds running 40 to 45 minutes each.
There is a downside to this project. If the blues part is great and the new Jagger/Richards tunes aren't of equal quality it will be highly disappointing. Just my opinion.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 15, 2016 15:57

georgelicks
My information is reliable, they are working on a double album, CD 1 of blues covers (already done) and a second album of originals (about 60-70% done too).
Final recordings and mixes on June, first single on late September, second single on October and album release on late October or early November.

It doesn't seem to make sense to me not to have the new album out on the shelves before any dates in the fall.
That would mean a release date of the end of September, which out to be feasible?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 15, 2016 17:29

Bashlets
If they want sales release a double with a single cd list price. Frampton Comes Alive came out that way and a few others. Although a single cd can hold 180 minutes I think the flow would be better if there were 2 distinct cds running 40 to 45 minutes each.
There is a downside to this project. If the blues part is great and the new Jagger/Richards tunes aren't of equal quality it will be highly disappointing. Just my opinion.

not disputing you here, but i thought the limit was 70 or 75 minutes? is this on a double layer or something? would that play on a normal cd player if that is in fact the case?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 15, 2016 18:18

My goof. It is 80 minutes run time on a cd. I think they could sell a lot if it was marketed 2 CDs for the price of 1. The average Joe who is not a diehard would buy it if the download was 13.99 With most sales being digital it's not like the record company or the stones would take a bath on this. If they did this with Grrr they would have sold a lot more in my opinion.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 15, 2016 21:05

Speaking of CD run times, I was waiting years for a 2 hour disc. Would have been great for concerts. Too bad it never came about. Of course we could burn DVDs but only good for home players.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 15, 2016 23:07

Blue and Lonesome from under the influence Dave sent me this link

Blue and Lonesome

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 16, 2016 06:24

georgelicks
My information is reliable, they are working on a double album, CD 1 of blues covers (already done) and a second album of originals (about 60-70% done too).
Final recordings and mixes on June, first single on late September, second single on October and album release on late October or early November.

I'm not saying you are lying.. I'm simply saying your quote of "My information is reliable" is what everyone says and believes isn't it?

I'm not trying to be a wise guy or anything. Just asking if you are certain and positive about your info / source? Just asking?

At any rate.. what did you hear about their <new> stuff... Anything?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-16 08:10 by IanBillen.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 16, 2016 09:50

IanBillen
georgelicks

I'm not saying you are lying.. I'm simply saying your quote of "My information is reliable" is what everyone says and believes isn't it?

I'm not trying to be a wise guy or anything. Just asking if you are certain and positive about your info / source? Just asking?

not to worry, george is the real deal. if it works out as he's described, absolutely fantastic news.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: May 16, 2016 10:21

Good call on merging the threads!!! The Stones rule!!!!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 16, 2016 11:53

Bashlets

I think it is to be expected that the reception of the album part with new Jagger & Richards songs will be divided on this forum, be it even as good as for instance UNDERCOVER or EMOTIONAL RESCUE. Well, those who are not going to like it, are treated with the privilege of receiving an album of blues covers. (And quite a few may be supposed to find that tedious as well, wanting instead a retro Rolling Stones album of J&R songs that they, if hypothetically granted, never would have approved of either.)

I forgot to write: Myself I am looking forward to both album parts. Immensely. A grand idea for a release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-16 11:57 by Witness.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 16, 2016 12:42

Bashlets

According to George it will be a double CD which makes sense because it really is two different releases. As to the new material, I agree their legacy is on the line here but the band is fully aware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-16 12:44 by Maindefender.

Date: May 16, 2016 12:49

RipThisBone
MrEcho
Is it possible that the blues album will only be part of a deluxe package of the new album?

Are you Eeyore?...lol. It's a double album so whether anyone listens to new (great material btw) they certainly will have to buy.

Date: May 16, 2016 14:24

Maindefender
RipThisBone
MrEcho

Are you Eeyore?...lol. It's a double album so whether anyone listens to new (great material btw) they certainly will have to buy.

I ment that everybody will by the double album with new material and the blues album (what MrEcho calls a deluxe package).
There is no reason to release the new album as a single album in that case.

Date: May 16, 2016 20:03

treaclefingers
IanBillen
georgelicks

not to worry, george is the real deal. if it works out as he's described, absolutely fantastic news.

I believe him .. Sort of just wondering if he had anything more. Very interesting concept though.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: May 16, 2016 21:56

So for some reason I can't get the Don Was interview to work. Did he confirm that the new album will be a double with a blues disk?

Date: May 16, 2016 22:02

jackflash1129
So for some reason I can't get the Don Was interview to work. Did he confirm that the new album will be a double with a blues disk?

Yes.
And the title is:

ROOTS & RETIRE (the last studio album by THE GREATEST ROCK & ROLL BAND ON EARTH).

Feel free to use this title Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-16 22:03 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 17, 2016 00:28

I'm still rather sceptical that it will be a double.
They just don't appear to have put in enough studio time. Yet.
Happy to be proved wrong of course.

Date: May 17, 2016 00:32

jlowe
I'm still rather sceptical that it will be a double.
They just don't appear to have put in enough studio time. Yet.
Happy to be proved wrong of course.

Me too. I'm only kidding and joking.

But I love the idea!!!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 17, 2016 01:09

IanBillen

I have a friend working for Universal, they are working TODAY with that information, a double album with blues covers on the first CD and new stuff on the second, the album will be released on late October or early November, right on the middle of the U.S tour dates.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 17, 2016 01:24

A blues covers disc and another of new tunes is a great concept and pretty much sums up their career.

Date: May 17, 2016 01:29

georgelicks
IanBillen

I have a friend working for Universal, they are working TODAY with that information, a double album with blues covers on the first CD and new stuff on the second, the album will be released on late October or early November, right on the middle of the U.S tour dates.

So nice......

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2016 01:48

Did he confirm that the new album will be a double with a blues disk?

No he does not say anything about any double disc release at all

...over 2 days we cut an album of blues and it's really good.
But we were also doing some new songs too...they wanna finish ....
They're not sure how they wanna put it out yet ....

The blues album is done, it was done after two days....
But think we're gonna hang on and finish the new songs and see what we got there

ROCKMAN

Date: May 17, 2016 04:21

georgelicks
IanBillen

Very nice. This seems like an interesting undertaking... something different...yet fitting. Seems like a new chapter in their lengthy career to fore go. The 50 year thing is over... Zip Code is over. The SA tour is over. All of that was kind of a continuation of the 50 and counting thing in a certain sense IMO (it never ended and was more less a continuation of tours celebrating them just being "The Rolling Stones").

However this is a brand new and very major chapter they are preparing for right now in my opinion. 'Studio' wise.. as far as making albums goes ...it could <very> well be their last?

Here is to another Rolling Stones album.. and set of tours.. AND as well a BLUES album in the middle of it all. A big segment has ended in the Rolling Stones later days ... It appears a new major Chapter begins in the fall.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-17 04:30 by IanBillen.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 17, 2016 04:54

It makes sense because they knocked out the blues covers. That album will be as good as the songs they choose and the flow of them together. It also represents the band's first record.

And they had 3 new songs done from last year. If they are working this summer, I don't see a problem with them getting a double CD out for the tour.

It will be a great farewell record (just my opinion) from the worlds greatest band.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 17, 2016 05:02

Interesting that you heard it was 3 new songs in December, mpj200. If I recall what you've said in the past correctly, that's 3 new songs written in the studio - not Mick's demos. Don Was mentioned again the great material left behind since he's been their producer. One wonders if some of that might be considered for this disc. I'm thinking of "Honest Man" and "You Got It Made" as well as tracks we've only heard about like "Ever Changing World" and "High or Low." Might be nice to see them polish those off and release them.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 17, 2016 06:05

I wouldn't be surprised if they did finish off some unreleased songs, Rocky. I thought I'd run into Don the other night at a family oriented gig but it didn't happen. Regardless, I would guess my sister's friend who serves as consultant on Stones and KR projects will have some info soon.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 17, 2016 07:48

Rocky Dijon
Interesting that you heard it was 3 new songs in December, mpj200. If I recall what you've said in the past correctly, that's 3 new songs written in the studio - not Mick's demos. Don Was mentioned again the great material left behind since he's been their producer. One wonders if some of that might be considered for this disc. I'm thinking of "Honest Man" and "You Got It Made" as well as tracks we've only heard about like "Ever Changing World" and "High or Low." Might be nice to see them polish those off and release them.

thumbs up

Date: May 17, 2016 08:12

TeddyB1018
I wouldn't be surprised if they did finish off some unreleased songs, Rocky. I thought I'd run into Don the other night at a family oriented gig but it didn't happen. Regardless, I would guess my sister's friend who serves as consultant on Stones and KR projects will have some info soon.

You KNOW Don Was ...? That's fantastic!! (Dude is the best ..and the man in that side of the industry). I'd give almost anything to meet the guy. He was the one who actually inspired me to go away to audio recording school ... no kidding (true story).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-17 08:14 by IanBillen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home