Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 147
Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 4, 2015 20:29

Big Al
Can they not just re-record their debut LP? I, for one, would rather enjoy a fresh approach to their beginnings.

You really expect a "fresh approach" from men in their 70s? Hell, the Stones never sounded as fresh as on their first LP. To re-record this album would be nonsense and blasphemy. It would turn out to be horrible. None of the Stones think of that, not even Keith after having smoked his daily morning weed.

Better re-record Steel Wheels with less 80s production, maybe so this sucker becomes finally listenable (but I seriously doubt it).

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 4, 2015 22:53

Keith is still in Connecticut.

Date: December 4, 2015 23:04

KRiffhard
Keith is still in Connecticut.

Hopefully finishing up the demos he'll bring from his home studio smiling smiley

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 4, 2015 23:23

HMS
Big Al
Can they not just re-record their debut LP? I, for one, would rather enjoy a fresh approach to their beginnings.

You really expect a "fresh approach" from men in their 70s? Hell, the Stones never sounded as fresh as on their first LP. To re-record this album would be nonsense and blasphemy. It would turn out to be horrible. None of the Stones think of that, not even Keith after having smoked his daily morning weed.

Better re-record Steel Wheels with less 80s production, maybe so this sucker becomes finally listenable (but I seriously doubt it).

I'm laughing out at the thought of the look on everyone's faces here if the stones announced the release of their much anticipated new album, the first in over 10 years, as being a re-recording of Steel Wheels. And the look on Charlie's face would be priceless.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 5, 2015 14:43

UC , DW and SW could benefit with new mixes

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 5, 2015 19:35

Any news about studio recording?
December it is smileys with beer

Date: December 5, 2015 19:56

mtaylor

From Shidobee:
"The Stones are all in London. They are going to start recording sometime around the 8th and will continue to do so until around Keith's birthday on the 18th.
After that I don't know, but will know AS IT is happening. Not after.
A little bird told me. She is never wrong as the bird is an insider on a first name basis with all of The Stones.
Stay tuned. I will post what she let's me.
Thanks. Tim"

C'mon Stones...and let's rock'n'roll! smileys with beer

Date: December 5, 2015 20:00

Date: December 5, 2015 21:10

Mick has done really good demos for his lots of good songs, what could go wrong?

Date: December 5, 2015 21:43

Turner68
Mick has done really good demos for his lots of good songs, what could go wrong?

...that these demos are good like 'Sweet Neo Con'!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 5, 2015 22:08

I said it before and I will continue to say that Sweet Neo Con is a good song, maybe even very good. It has fantastic guitars, Mick in good voice and an interesting oriental flair. It is one of the highlights on ABB, imo.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 5, 2015 22:20

Well, if the Stones are to record finalized song ideas from Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, I hope the end product will be as good and daring as BRIDGES TO BABYLON.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 5, 2015 23:37

BTB?!confused smileyconfused smiley
maybe as good as VOODOO LOUNGEwinking smileythumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2015 01:57

HMS
I said it before and I will continue to say that Sweet Neo Con is a good song, maybe even very good. It has fantastic guitars, Mick in good voice and an interesting oriental flair. It is one of the highlights on ABB, imo.

why are you so wrong, my sweet HMS?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 6, 2015 03:08

KRiffhard
mtaylor

From Shidobee:
"The Stones are all in London. They are going to start recording sometime around the 8th and will continue to do so until around Keith's birthday on the 18th.
A little bird told me. She is never wrong as the bird is an insider on a first name basis with all of The Stones.
Thanks. Tim"

Could be Chalie's granddaughter Charlotte twittering again. thumbs up

Date: December 6, 2015 03:10

RipThisBone
KRiffhard
mtaylor

From Shidobee:
Thanks. Tim"

does that mean she calls charlie "charlie" instead of "granddad"

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 6, 2015 03:13

KRiffhard
[www.kpopstarz.com]

Mick: "I've got a lot of new songs, and songs I've written over the last couple of years.
I've done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record.
I'd love to record a Stones album."

Maybe this time Keith will actually encourage Mick to do a solo album instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-06 03:14 by Hairball.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 6, 2015 03:29

Turner68
RipThisBone
KRiffhard
mtaylor

From Shidobee:
Thanks. Tim"

thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-06 03:31 by RipThisBone.

Date: December 6, 2015 03:49

RipThisBone
Turner68
RipThisBone
KRiffhard
mtaylor

From Shidobee:
Thanks. Tim"

thumbs down

thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 6, 2015 03:58

So, looks like London is the place to be. A lot can happen in ten days, really all it takes is one good looooooong day in an isolated location for something lovely to happen....it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. smiling smiley

Date: December 6, 2015 05:22

Turner68
RipThisBone
Turner68
RipThisBone
KRiffhard
mtaylor

From Shidobee:
Thanks. Tim"

thumbs down

thumbs up

I just took a peak over at shidoobee to find out more info, and see that the above was posted there by onlystones...could it be the one and only onlystones?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 6, 2015 05:44

KeithNacho
UC , DW and SW could benefit with new mixes

It's not UNDER COVER, it's UNDERCOVER so therefor it's U, not UC.

Why is this SUCH a problem!!!???????

Date: December 6, 2015 05:45

HMS

Keep saying it all you want in your opinion because, like science, it won't change the fact that the truth is it's a shitty song.

Date: December 6, 2015 05:46

treaclefingers
HMS

why are you so wrong, my sweet HMS?

HA HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: December 6, 2015 05:48

Can't wait as 10 years flew by sine ABB and I hear a possible Summer US Tour may be in the works after the new album comes out!!!!

Date: December 6, 2015 06:37

MJRocksoff
Can't wait as 10 years flew by sine ABB and I hear a possible Summer US Tour may be in the works after the new album comes out!!!!

Thats nice to hear MJRocksoff!
If the album is dismal, at least there will be a silver lining - a return to the US for more shows! thumbs up

Date: December 6, 2015 07:20

GasLightStreet
HMS

Keep saying it all you want in your opinion because, like science, it won't change the fact that the truth is it's a shitty song.
thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 6, 2015 09:50

Witness
Well, if the Stones are to record finalized song ideas from Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, I hope the end product will be as good and daring as BRIDGES TO BABYLON.

Agreed! As for the material I can't see how it could be anything else than finalized ideas by Mick and Keith...and Keith having just released his solo album that will have to be mainly Mick like for ABB. Sad to think they spent all this time on the road or rehearsing since the end of 2012 and apparently had no interest in bouncing ideas off one another!

The problem with ABB was less the songs (decent enough) than the very uninspired playing and production, especially the former. They can have anyone play with them yet they choose to release songs with Mick on bass. But of course it takes time (and money) to get good musicians lined up so...why not wing it? The fact that it worked OK for D&G probably won't encourage them to do it differently...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 6, 2015 10:13

One alternative, as I think also another poster recently suggested, could be if Mick and Keith exchanged tapes with some half finished ideas for the other to add to. Then meeting in the studio to record the modified idea or work further in collaboration on song ideas both then will have invested something of themselves in and both be familiar with.

Date: December 6, 2015 10:34

gotdablouse
Witness

Agreed! As for the material I can't see how it could be anything else than finalized ideas by Mick and Keith...and Keith having just released his solo album that will have to be mainly Mick like for ABB. Sad to think they spent all this time on the road or rehearsing since the end of 2012 and apparently had no interest in bouncing ideas off one another!

The problem with ABB was less the songs (decent enough) than the very uninspired playing and production, especially the former. They can have anyone play with them yet they choose to release songs with Mick on bass. But of course it takes time (and money) to get good musicians lined up so...why not wing it? The fact that it worked OK for D&G probably won't encourage them to do it differently...

Exactly. Unfortunately this is the way they will work...

"It was probably the quickest Rolling Stones recording session I can remember, ever. We cut two tracks in three days. It was incredibly professional. I had One More Shot ready, Mick had Doom and Gloom ready to go, so, boom, let's cut 'em" KR

"These two (songs) were done separately. We came together to do this very quickly. Keith said, I've got this one song I think you're gonna like. I said, Well, how fast is it? It's sort of medium fast. So I thought I'll pick one more up-tempo. I didn't think a ballad would be suitable. It needed to be two energetic songs. It was a good process, in the studio, it was easy and fun. No hanging about, which is good" MJ

sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-06 10:36 by KRiffhard.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home