Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 147
Re: Ronnie:"Keef I will see you in the studio tomorrow
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 8, 2015 09:33

stargroover
During Fridays Eurosport snooker appearance by Ronnie,he says "Keith if your watching I will see you in the studio tomortudio row".

if Keith watches Ronnie will see him in the studio. But what if Keith doesn't watch?

Date: December 8, 2015 10:20

slewan
stargroover
During Fridays Eurosport snooker appearance by Ronnie,he says "Keith if your watching I will see you in the studio tomortudio row".

if Keith watches Ronnie will see him in the studio. But what if Keith doesn't watch?

Keith's fax doesn't work anymore, so it'll be smoke signals...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 8, 2015 10:31

we need ALO to lock them all in the kitchen until they come out with a good album.

Re: Keith Richards: New Rolling Stones Record Coming Next Year
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 8, 2015 13:33

Turner68
we need ALO to lock them all in the kitchen until they come out with a good album.

Funny enough they say everything goes in a circle. This would be something else.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: December 8, 2015 13:46

'In 2014 Chris Kimsey returned to Olympic Studios, where he began his career. He is serving as the sound consultant and engineer for its live concert series and recording facilities.'

Wikipedia

That's promising!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 8, 2015 13:46

It would be very cruel to lock a bunch of old men in a kitchen. And there is no need to do so, Mick has a pile of demos recorded over the last years. If he wrote them in a "Wandering-Spirit-mood", there would be some very good songs to choose from, I guesss. Hopefully he wasnt in "Superheavy-mood"...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 8, 2015 13:48

HMS
It would be very cruel to lock a bunch of old men in a kitchen. And there is no need to do so, Mick has a pile of demos recorded over the last years. If he wrote them in a "Wandering-Spirit-mood", there would be some very good songs to choose from, I guesss. Hopefully he wasnt in "Superheavy-mood"...

...or 'Goddess mood'!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 8, 2015 13:55

I want to see the Rolling Stones return to disco. cool smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 8, 2015 15:21

KRiffhard
HMS

...or 'Goddess mood'!

...or Let's Work/Radio Control/War Baby/Primitive Cool/DIRTY WORK/Hold On To Your Hat/Rock And A Hard Place/New Faces/Might As Well Get Juiced/Already Over Me/Always Suffering/Sweet Neo Con/Streets Of Love mode.

Date: December 8, 2015 15:31

GasLightStreet
KRiffhard
HMS

...or 'Goddess mood'!

...or Let's Work/Radio Control/War Baby/Primitive Cool/DIRTY WORK/Hold On To Your Hat/Rock And A Hard Place/New Faces/Might As Well Get Juiced/Already Over Me/Always Suffering/Sweet Neo Con/Streets Of Love mode.

Let's hope he's in Anyway You Look At It-mode, then winking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 8, 2015 15:58

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
KRiffhard
HMS

...or 'Goddess mood'!

That might well please me, but I doubt if many others would agree.

Date: December 8, 2015 16:03

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
KRiffhard
HMS

...or 'Goddess mood'!

That might well please me, but I doubt if many others would agree.

I love that track! But GLS doesn't, he he smiling smiley

The instrumentation on it reminds me of Nick Drake. Good stuff!

Date: December 8, 2015 16:14

Anyway You Look At It is a top favorite candidate for any worst-of-Stones-list. It is even worse than Sweethearts Together, although not as awful bad as Streets Of Love.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 8, 2015 16:52

and what about Back to zero and Suck on the jugular?!And Infamy?!?

Date: December 8, 2015 16:57

mailexile67

Infamy doesn't belong on that list!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 8, 2015 17:04

DandelionPowderman
mailexile67

Infamy doesn't belong on that list!

It would be on my worst Keith list…..

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 8, 2015 17:24

It is inevitable that every time we talk about wanting them to record again, we also point out how much we dislike their output post-TATTOO YOU. That must be encouraging when they consider their fan base.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 8, 2015 18:07

According to rumours the producer of the possible album to be recorded at Olympic Studios, London, is an entity called "The Glimmer Twins". (The source: a banned 'insider' ex-IORRian in a site that is not allowed to mention here)

But as Rocky Dijon pointed out, who cares... just think of how awful, say, "Infamy" or "Streets of Love" is...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-08 18:09 by Doxa.

Date: December 8, 2015 18:29

Doxa
According to rumours the producer of the possible album to be recorded at Olympic Studios, London, is an entity called "The Glimmer Twins". (The source: a banned 'insider' ex-IORRian in a site that is not allowed to mention here)

But as Rocky Dijon pointed out, who cares... just think of how awful, say, "Infamy" or "Streets of Love" is...

- Doxa

Just think of how great most of the other tracks on ABB are, especially Rain Fall Down, Rough Justice, Look What The Cat.., Driving Too Fast, Oh No Not You Again, Sweet Neo Con just to name the most important and most wonderful songs.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 8, 2015 18:50

HMS
Doxa

- Doxa

Just think of how great most of the other tracks on ABB are, especially Rain Fall Down, Rough Justice, Look What The Cat.., Driving Too Fast, Oh No Not You Again, Sweet Neo Con just to name the most important and most wonderful songs.

Frankly, I don't since my thoughts, especially in this thread, are more in an upcoming Stones album, not in the one that was released ten years ago...

Like: if it really turns out to be that Mick and Keith will take care of the producing, the last time they did that and said 'fvck off' to outsider producers in that particular studio was in 1967, and we got THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES... A time for another psychedelic album? YES! Forget all the roots and all that stuff, Mick and Keith, and go crazy! grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 8, 2015 19:16

Rocky Dijon
It is inevitable that every time we talk about wanting them to record again, we also point out how much we dislike their output post-TATTOO YOU. That must be encouraging when they consider their fan base.

Seems only natural to think that way given their track record post-Tattoo You.
Like betting on the same horse at the track repeatedly that never wins. Sure there's a chance it will be a winner someday, but the chances grow slimmer as the horse gets older and time keeps ticking away.The poor horse probably doesn't even know what the finish line looks like anymore, let alone winning. Perhaps it can be blamed on the jockey who leads it astray, but the horse still might have some built in natural instincts that may point it in the right direction eventually. In this case, we should call the horse 'Miracle'...the odds aren't in his favor by a long shot, but there's still a chance it will be amongst the leaders at the finish line - possibly even #1.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 8, 2015 19:45

Doxa

- Doxa

I'm skeptical of the whole Olympic studios connection here, yes I know Wiki says there is a recording studio there but with my short bit of research I can't find anything at all about the site other that a couple references that Chris Kimsey has been commissioned to build one in the basement.

No advertisements, no way to book studio time, no recent artists that have recorded there. In this day and age not exactly the best recipe for a successful recording business. Besides are the Stones going to record in a place with all those cinema goers?

Anyway perhaps someone with better internet search skills that me can actually find out the story about this "new Olympic recording studio" or perhaps one of our London Members could drop by and see if there are signs of some big hoodoo in the basement. smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 8, 2015 19:52

Naturalust
Doxa

- Doxa

I'm skeptical of the whole Olympic studios connection here, yes I know Wiki says there is a recording studio there but with my short bit of research I can't find anything at all about the site other that a couple references that Chris Kimsey has been commissioned to build one in the basement.

No advertisements, no way to book studio time, no recent artists that have recorded there. In this day and age not exactly the best recipe for a successful recording business. Besides are the Stones going to record in a place with all those cinema goers?

Anyway perhaps someone with better internet search skills that me can actually find out the story about this "new Olympic recording studio" or perhaps one of our London Members could drop by and see if there are signs of some big hoodoo in the basement. smoking smiley

Even if there's a recording studio in the basement I think it's unlikely that the Stones would be recording there, since there's a movie theater with a lot of movies being screened everyday and with high traffic of people there.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 8, 2015 19:57

Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust
Doxa

- Doxa

Even if there's a recording studio in the basement I think it's unlikely that the Stones would be recording there, since there's a movie theater with a lot of movies being screened everyday and with high traffic of people there.

Exactly, I think this was just a rumor started by BILLPERKS, probably based on the Stones history of recording there when it was a full on dedicated recording facility. I don't know really but am hoping some of our London friends can fill in the blanks here.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: December 8, 2015 19:59

In 2013, Chris Kimsey came full circle, returning to Olympic Studios in Barnes London, where he started his career as a tape operator. He has designed the newly updated studio, the dolby atmos sound for the cinema...

This is from Kimsey's website, just to let you know. So there is a studio but I don't think the Stones will be there. Hopefully i'm wrong

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 8, 2015 20:02

Much more relevant than employing Hairball's horse analogue would be to compare with a football club. Say, returning to a former fotball trainer with play ideas that the club has not be run by for many seasons.

In one preceding post, Doxa tells us that the rumour is that Mick and Keith will take care of the producer job, and Doxa reminds us about last time it happened. With the fotball analogue, let us imagine that the two trainer team, Mick and Keith, have agreed on the mutual deal: "Let the regulating idea we will follow, be to "go outside the box", and let us be two about it."

For instance in the spirit (perhaps rather than the deeds) of THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST!

Date: December 8, 2015 20:13

The last time it happened in Olympic Studios (and the first) was with TSAR.

The Glimmers have of course produced lots of album by themselves, starting with IORR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-08 20:14 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 8, 2015 20:25

DandelionPowderman
The last time it happened in Olympic Studios (and the first) was with TSAR.

The Glimmers have of course produced lots of album by themselves, starting with IORR.

I admit being much too unprecise in my reference to Doxa's post, and I thank you very much for the correction. (My brain had not fully left a post about soccer on another site, when I wrote my earlier post here on IORR.)

The rest of my earlier post, I stand for, though. (Not that you expressed any objection to that.)

Date: December 8, 2015 20:26

MonkeyMan2000
In 2013, Chris Kimsey came full circle, returning to Olympic Studios in Barnes London, where he started his career as a tape operator. He has designed the newly updated studio, the dolby atmos sound for the cinema...

This is from Kimsey's website, just to let you know. So there is a studio but I don't think the Stones will be there. Hopefully i'm wrong

...in fact the Stones are there!

Date: December 8, 2015 20:41

Doxa

- Doxa

...other sources says Kimsey/Jordan.Time will tell!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1658
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home