Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 9, 2016 20:30

HMS
GasLightStreet
THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST, BETWEEN THE BUTTONS and DIRTY WORK, albums that the Stones themselves think are shit?

The Stones - as well as some fans - are very wrong regarding Dirty Work.

No one but you is wrong about DIRTY WORK. "Some fans" doesn't mean squat, either, when it's 99% of Stones fans know it's shit.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 9, 2016 23:31

Mick's promoting the upcoming HBO series "Vinyl" and was asked about the Stones during a Thursday presser:

Jagger didn't reveal much in response to a question regarding his band recording new music and how they're all getting along, saying, "Everything is good and we're just about to go on tour in South America."

[abcnewsradioonline.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 10, 2016 12:45

bye bye johnny
Mick's promoting the upcoming HBO series "Vinyl" and was asked about the Stones during a Thursday presser:

Jagger didn't reveal much in response to a question regarding his band recording new music and how they're all getting along, saying, "Everything is good and we're just about to go on tour in South America."

[abcnewsradioonline.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: January 13, 2016 12:11

HMS
KRiffhard
Doom and Gloom? Only a decent Mick's solo demo and nothing more.

Doom And Gloom is a great Stones-song, almost as great as One Hit To Body. Listening to Doom And Gloom for the first time in 2012 is one of my most exciting experiences of being a Stones-fan. Even more exciting than listening to Highwire for the first time. It knocked me out completely, left me breathless, gasping for air.

One of these days I'm going to fly over there and make you listen to side one of exile on Main Street all the way through.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 13, 2016 14:02

What about the new album??? Are there any news??

Date: January 13, 2016 14:55

KeithNacho

Are they in studio now?

Date: January 13, 2016 14:58

KRiffhard
KeithNacho

Are they in studio now?

At least they will be in a rehearsal studio come Saturday, according to Ronnie smiling smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 13, 2016 18:23

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
KeithNacho

Are they in studio now?

At least they will be in a rehearsal studio come Saturday, according to Ronnie smiling smiley
so both Mick and Ronnie, when asked about new recordings, responded by saying they are going into the studio to rehearse for the tour?

Date: January 13, 2016 23:28

Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
KeithNacho

Are they in studio now?

so both Mick and Ronnie, when asked about new recordings, responded by saying they are going into the studio to rehearse for the tour?

thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 14, 2016 03:20

Well a studio is a studio! Why not flesh out a few new tunes after running through stuff they've played hundreds of times? They should have started doing that 3 years ago honestly...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Anitapal82 ()
Date: January 14, 2016 09:59

Did these December recording sessions even occur ? No one has seen anyone come out of a studio ? No news leaks from a studio janitor ? In the recent past they have tweeted some photo of a smiling group . And now the non answer to a direct question about recording. I hope something did happen , I guess they are great at keeping a low profile

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: January 14, 2016 12:23

My guess is They didn't work

Date: January 14, 2016 12:53

EJM

What did they do, go to the pub?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 14, 2016 13:00

DandelionPowderman
EJM

What did they do, go to the pub?

Well, that's always a good option...drinking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 14, 2016 15:25

My guess is Mick presented his countless demos, Keith laughed/coughed out loud when hearing this stuff, Mick blushed in anger and left the room, the remaining three jammed a bit for half an hour or so and then called their chauffeurs. I am afraid the result of this meeting is actually less than nothing.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: January 14, 2016 15:36

HMS
My guess is Mick presented his countless demos, Keith laughed/coughed out loud when hearing this stuff, Mick blushed in anger and left the room, the remaining three jammed a bit for half an hour or so and then called their chauffeurs. I am afraid the result of this meeting is actually less than nothing.

I think it's too pessimistic a perspective - I think the opposite is more likely the case. If the days in the studio were bad, I think Jane Rose would have found a way to leak it.
Till otherwise informed by reliable sourses I think the secresy is promising.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 14, 2016 15:55

GetYerAngie
HMS

I think it's too pessimistic a perspective - I think the opposite is more likely the case. If the days in the studio were bad, I think Jane Rose would have found a way to leak it.

Hopefully Woody will spill some beans while in South America…..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 14, 2016 16:42

GetYerAngie
HMS

hot smileysmileys with beer
I agree.
Jeroen

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: January 23, 2016 03:58

I'm thinking December went great. And some great songs were recorded. Some new ones....some (very) old onessmiling smiley. Old school.

Date: January 23, 2016 04:43

GasLightStreet
HMS
GasLightStreet
THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST, BETWEEN THE BUTTONS and DIRTY WORK, albums that the Stones themselves think are shit?

The Stones - as well as some fans - are very wrong regarding Dirty Work.

No one but you is wrong about DIRTY WORK. "Some fans" doesn't mean squat, either, when it's 99% of Stones fans know it's shit.

Some fans ask for money, others ask for clothes... Some fans ask for albums the Stones never thought they'd owe...

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: January 23, 2016 04:56

Well if they are working on a new album, that'd be great! But at the same time, I don't want to have a demanding attitude towards the Stones. They've released so many incredible albums throughout the years, and are continuing to do tours all over the world. I'm happy even if there isn't a new album in the works. It would be awesome if there is, but I understand if the meeting didn't work out for them. They don't owe me anything

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-23 05:10 by stones2000.

Date: January 23, 2016 05:10

Keep the faith lads! It's going to be a great record!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 23, 2016 08:33

Bernard visited them in the studio and gave the expected positive feedback. The sessions happened. What we don't know is how serious the sessions were. They could have just been jamming, listening to playbacks of unfinished tracks from recent years as well as Mick's demos, and seeing how they felt about starting an album. If that's the case, this was just pre-production and likely did not involve an outside producer. Serious work would not start until after the tour. Fans are so excited they're imagining a summer release followed by another US tour later this year. There's no reason to think there's a timetable let alone anything advanced just yet. Sure Bernard said it sounded great. He also said it's a long way off before backing vocals will be put down. That, to me, sounds like they're just jamming. I still expect Don Was to return to produce since it is only fan speculation he isn't involved any more. Wait and see what happens after the South American tour. As for Mick's remarks during the VINYL presentation, he is going to be guarded. He saw what happened when promoting SUPERHEAVY. If allowed, the media will turn every promo appearance into Stones content only. Mick is very guarded. That tells us nothing about the sessions. Just wait and see. More when they tour in all likelihood.

Date: January 23, 2016 09:04

I'd be cool if the recorded some old blues songs along with some originals. Guess we will see next year hopefully.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 23, 2016 09:17

I see a new album as a marketing tool. 50 & Counting is in the past. After the South American tour they've been pretty much around the world again. They'll need a record to name a new tour after.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 23, 2016 09:27

+ 1 thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: January 23, 2016 12:07

The Beatles lasted 10 years, the Stones 20. (As a recording band, I mean. As a live band they are still great).

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: January 23, 2016 12:54

matxil
The Beatles lasted 10 years, the Stones 20. (As a recording band, I mean. As a live band they are still great).

The Stones lasted 15 years as a recording band. Tattoo You was almost completely done before the sun set on 1978.

Date: January 23, 2016 13:31

mpj200
I'm thinking December went great. And some great songs were recorded. Some new ones....some (very) old onessmiling smiley. Old school.

Mpj...you know something!!cool smiley

Date: January 24, 2016 07:51

KRiffhard
mpj200

Mpj...you know something!!cool smiley

Hmmm. I do.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home