Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 23 of 27
Re: Milwaukee WI USA 23-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 25, 2015 06:03

angee
RS, sooooo good meeting you, your brother, and of course, cmc, your great dad. I'm glad we had a chance to hang out a little bit before the show and that you got the signed book. We are lucky to have you here, and you know you can always write to me if you need any encouragement toward your future goals or on any other matter. Your writing ability at your age, imo, is nothing short of astounding, as I told you. (Was that Shigeo and his wife you met, friends with Robert and Claudia?)

stonesfrnkk, what do you mean Milwaukee was a bad town? Are you talking about the acoustics of the amphitheater, the line getting in or what? How can it be so bad when you got to meet RS, me, and others? cool smiley The weather was terrific for the duration, fwiw. Are you sure you didn't get what you need(ed), in any case?

The show really good, imo, excellent run of four songs mentioned above that aren't usually played. They were a few problems with acoustics in the venue toward the front which I understand from ifyoucantrock me were from the main speaker set up behind us several rows, rather than in front. The spirit and comaraderie of the band, incomparable! Finally, even more than that, as partly noted above, touching base with our illustrious leader Bjornulf, Beast, STG, RS, cmc, IGTBA, and others from various states and countries was very rewarding. Plink, I got your message, thanks so much, will try to get on that asap. I'm trying to think if I'm missing anyone, hope not. This may well be my last show, or nearly that, depending.

I got a Buddy Guy pick, after he threw several in our direction. In the end, one flew toward me on my right, but the guy on my left wanted it too. He said I elbowed him out of the way when we were both near the ground reaching for it. I guess I did, ha.

It was awesome meeting you too!

-RS

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 06:46

wellalright
i think the periscope scramble has gotten ridiculous. i get the charm to a point, but my god, these shows are all pretty much the same, give or take 2 or so songs.

It is kind of funny what it has done to the "live show updates" thread. Couple of shows back it seems that the focus was on throttling the setlist whiners. Now the focus--and I imagine roughly 3/4 of the posts--is on who's got the best feed and please somebody send me a link!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: June 25, 2015 07:02

angee
RS, sooooo good meeting you, your brother, and of course, cmc, your great dad. I'm glad we had a chance to hang out a little bit before the show and that you got the signed book. We are lucky to have you here, and you know you can always write to me if you need any encouragement toward your future goals or on any other matter. Your writing ability at your age, imo, is nothing short of astounding, as I told you. (Was that Shigeo and his wife you met, friends with Robert and Claudia?)

stonesfrnkk, what do you mean Milwaukee was a bad town? Are you talking about the acoustics of the amphitheater, the line getting in or what? How can it be so bad when you got to meet RS, me, and others? cool smiley The weather was terrific for the duration, fwiw. Are you sure you didn't get what you need(ed), in any case?

The show really good, imo, excellent run of four songs mentioned above that aren't usually played. They were a few problems with acoustics in the venue toward the front which I understand from ifyoucantrock me were from the main speaker set up behind us several rows, rather than in front. The spirit and comaraderie of the band, incomparable! Finally, even more than that, as partly noted above, touching base with our illustrious leader Bjornulf, Beast, STG, RS, cmc, IGTBA, and others from various states and countries was very rewarding. Plink, I got your message, thanks so much, will try to get on that asap. I'm trying to think if I'm missing anyone, hope not. This may well be my last show, or nearly that, depending.

I got a Buddy Guy pick, after he threw several in our direction. In the end, one flew toward me on my right, but the guy on my left wanted it too. He said I elbowed him out of the way when we were both near the ground reaching for it. I guess I did, ha.
Yes I meant the security, at the venue! I didn't reacieve my pit pass until today it was Fed ex to me and there was a mechanical thing with my priorty so I had to purchase another ticket at the last minute, and I thought bring my confirmation to the venue stating my pit ticket was paid for confirmed and them my Fed ex tracking number and recept stating I was'nt going to receive my package in time would be enough and they were just totally screwed from the get go they were not going to give me my seat no matter what I had row ccc seat 23 it was all there for them I said let me wait until the show starts after a couple songs and nobodies in my seat let me have my seat.I don't want to keep carring on my rant. It was straight up wrong what they did that's all and I waisted all of Buddy Guy argueing with them it just shot me and the concert for me to hell!

Date: June 25, 2015 07:11

Yes as far as the show I thought it was a great show. My circumstances and what happened to my just was a big bummer for me that's all as you can imagine. I had a pit pass and I could not get my seat it sucked to say the least this was my show I was going all out on but that's ok I'm going to Kansas City and I got great seats so here's hoping it goes well. I had a great time meeting you angee and some Toronto girl and the austrian stones and his wife Claudia and of course cmc his Daughter RS that I sat with front row with in Minneapolis with and his son Will there the best there the type of people that make iorrians have a good name what it is with hospitality like them.

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 25, 2015 07:19

stonesfrkk
angee

Yes I meant the security, at the venue! I didn't reacieve my pit pass until today it was Fed ex to me and there was a mechanical thing with my priorty so I had to purchase another ticket at the last minute, and I thought bring my confirmation to the venue stating my pit ticket was paid for confirmed and them my Fed ex tracking number and recept stating I was'nt going to receive my package in time would be enough and they were just totally screwed from the get go they were not going to give me my seat no matter what I had row ccc seat 23 it was all there for them I said let me wait until the show starts after a couple songs and nobodies in my seat let me have my seat.I don't want to keep carring on my rant. It was straight up wrong what they did that's all and I waisted all of Buddy Guy argueing with them it just shot me and the concert for me to hell!

Yeah, well we got Kansas to look froward too!

-RS

Date: June 25, 2015 07:51

That's right RS! That's what I say too good looking out.Plus we all have great seats.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 25, 2015 08:49

sweet neo con
andrewt

Moonlight Mile did indeed sound nice. Seeing Keith give Mick the "good job" tap at the end made me all warm and fuzzy.

Andrew! Here's another pic I snapped. I believe this is the "good job" tap you were referring to. Hope you get warm and fuzzy again. smiling smiley

Nice!thumbs up

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 09:19

There are some really awesome pictures here. Thank you to everyone for posting them! I just love the shots of Mick and Keith smiling together

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: June 25, 2015 10:12

DoomandGloom
MisterDDDD
wellalright
i think the periscope scramble has gotten ridiculous. i get the charm to a point, but my god, these shows are all pretty much the same, give or take 2 or so songs.

The day that I have access to see a Rolling Stones concert being played live... and don't would be a day I would surely regret.
The energy and excitement of the live show comes through somewhat. Us old music fans watching a geezer band are on the cutting edge, going where no fan has gone before. As far as all shows being the same, the more you watch the less that is true.
True!
Periscope is really just catching fire, it's gonna be off the hook soon! Every concert anywhere available to watch live everywhere.

I find these last 2 show threads so much more live and in the moment with the Periscope going too, hooked my phone to the big stereo and played it LOUD.

I just kind of skip over the "here's another periscope" posts, when the one I'm watching is solid (Like Debbie & Mike), but it's great that we can all provide some live tech support too. Loving it!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 25, 2015 10:14

MY MILWAUKEE VIDEOS ARE POSTED!
www.Dreamtime.tv

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 25, 2015 11:49

Periscope seems to be responsible for the lack of videos on YouTube?

The Dreamtime ones are really beautiful I must say

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 11:52 by midimannz.

Date: June 25, 2015 12:16

midimannz
Periscope seems to be responsible for the lack of videos on YouTube?

The Dreamtime ones are really beautiful I must say

new camera and i smuggled in a 67 inch monopod disguised as a cane

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 25, 2015 12:24

Heartbreaker was as good if not better than the (slow and dull) 1994 versions!
Kick the tempo up a bit and make Keef choose a fat tone and you'll have a winner!

Date: June 25, 2015 12:26

dcba
Heartbreaker was as good if not better than the (slow and dull) 1994 versions!
Kick the tempo up a bit and make Keef choose a fat tone and you'll have a winner!

You hear his tone when the song (the others) ends grinning smiley

It's fat...

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 25, 2015 12:37

Did you get all the songs Mr Dreammtime? I'm interested in Brown Sugar from the comments
I had to do my Auckland one holding the camera for the whole show,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 12:38 by midimannz.

Date: June 25, 2015 12:46

DandelionPowderman

It's fat...

... but too low in the mix. Bring back the 1975 PA settings! When Keef started that one the building would shake!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 25, 2015 13:34

latebloomer
Went to bed early and woke up late, sorry I missed the party. Funny to read through this entire thread, reminds me of a big family around an old 50's TV, trying to get the signal right. I can't see! I can't hear! Try tuning it this way, no that way! Green Lady was her usual oasis of calm.

Sounds like it was a great night, thanks to all for the reports. I'll see if I can tune into Debbie Tiger's feed on twitter later on and wait on the vids. Cheers everyone!

I had the same feeling this morning waking up and reading the reports and watching some videos.
I came home very late last night and got up five hours ago and reading all this gave me the feeling I had when Ali was fighting Foreman in Africa and how everyone wanted to see it. Very exciting situation indeed!

Listening and watching CYHMK: this was absolutely great by the way! I think the best version so far...very very good playing by RW.
Also MM impressed me again. Even was a little slower like it should be I think.
They're doing great this tour!

Date: June 25, 2015 13:38

dcba
DandelionPowderman

It's fat...

... but too low in the mix. Bring back the 1975 PA settings! When Keef started that one the building would shake!

Only on that crappy cell phone recording. I bet people at the Summerfest heard him loud and clear.

Date: June 25, 2015 14:55

midimannz
Did you get all the songs Mr Dreammtime? I'm interested in Brown Sugar from the comments
I had to do my Auckland one holding the camera for the whole show,

9 Songs from Milwaukee @ www.Dreamtime.tv

trying to recover data from micro sd card of nashville

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 25, 2015 14:58

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it but...Mick made a quick reference to "What Made Milwaukee Famous (Made a Loser Out of Me)".

Can anyone remember when he said it? Probably on one of the youtube clips. Thnx

And let me know if you want me to post any more pics. I think i've already posted the better ones. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 14:59 by sweet neo con.

Date: June 25, 2015 15:02

DandelionPowderman

It's fat...

... but too low in the mix. Bring back the 1975 PA settings! When Keef started that one the building would shake![/quote]

Only on that crappy cell phone recording. I bet people at the Summerfest heard him loud and clear.[/quote]

I listened to HB through a great aud recording shared at Dime and Keef's guitar is almost non-existant on that one too...

Date: June 25, 2015 15:14

dcba
DandelionPowderman

It's fat...

Only on that crappy cell phone recording. I bet people at the Summerfest heard him loud and clear.[/quote]

I listened to HB through a great aud recording shared at Dime and Keef's guitar is almost non-existant on that one too...[/quote]

It must have something to do with where in the stadium it was recorded, as I've never experienced that in a Stones concert ever.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 25, 2015 15:29

THANK YOU so much, Sweet NEOCON! That helped a lot. My Nikon was NOT $350, more like $200-$230 range and I'm not sure I CAN change the settings to the degree that you can. I used to get hassled by security guards all the time but not the last 3 times. I may go buy that Canon! It would be worth it. PLUS, in the dark, it's hard to make ANY adjustments...and quickly. I think I do have concert/low light settings but not like you have. I'm going to print out your reply. Again, I thank you for giving such a detailed response!winking smiley I used to use an Olympus camera/film that took awesome shots of the Stones ( which I wish I could show you) but film is ridiculous in concerts..changing every 36 shots!

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 16:32

Date: June 25, 2015 16:32

mickschix
THANK YOU so much, Sweet NEOCON! That helped a lot. My Nikon was NOT $350, more like $200-$230 range and I'm not sure I CAN change the settings to the degree that you can. I used to get hassled by security guards all the time but not the last 3 times. I may go buy that Canon! It would be worth it. PLUS, in the dark, it's hard to make ANY adjustments...and quickly. I think I do have concert/low light settings but not like you have. I'm going to print out your reply. Again, I thank you for giving such a detailed response!winking smiley I used to use an Olympus camera/film that took awesome shots of the Stones ( which I wish I could show you) but film is ridiculous in concerts..changing every 36 shots!

but let me emphasize that even though having a point & shoot that allows you to manually set everything (and not be completely dependent on auto features)...it is the photographer and their ability to manually set, compose and snap the pic at the right time that makes the picture. just saying..because others have asked about my camera before and have not gotten the results they expected. most just want to set it to program mode and fire away.

that being said...i chose the Sony h7 because of the Carl Zeiss f2.7 lens and the ability to set it manually.

Date: June 25, 2015 16:35

Thank's Dreamtime the video's were great were you in the pit?

Date: June 25, 2015 16:36

Date: June 25, 2015 16:50

Nice job Jim! Wish I had your seat. I was a moonlight mile away up in Section 4.

Jim...the image quality of your pics makes me think you were able to smuggle in a DSLR. ?
I saw a few people with DSLRs left of the peninsula stage/ramp. Well done!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 17:19 by sweet neo con.

Date: June 25, 2015 17:27

Nope... Not a D-SLR

Date: June 25, 2015 17:32

jimpietryga1
Nope... Not a D-SLR

i think i need to update my point & shoot. it's 9yrs old...and only 8megapixels. Just googled and saw the new models are 20.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 23 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1672
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home