Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 22 of 27
Re: Milwaukee WI USA 23-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 24, 2015 22:38

wellalright
i think the periscope scramble has gotten ridiculous. i get the charm to a point, but my god, these shows are all pretty much the same, give or take 2 or so songs.

The day that I have access to see a Rolling Stones concert being played live... and don't would be a day I would surely regret.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 24, 2015 22:41

Hoping they film another zip code concert to go with the Fonda/Sticky Fingers show....or at least include clips from other venues as bonus.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 24, 2015 22:52

MisterDDDD
wellalright
i think the periscope scramble has gotten ridiculous. i get the charm to a point, but my god, these shows are all pretty much the same, give or take 2 or so songs.

The day that I have access to see a Rolling Stones concert being played live... and don't would be a day I would surely regret.
it will get better but Periscope has been great for me. I run one Mac just to search new ones and keep the show going on another. The energy and excitement of the live show comes through somewhat. Us old music fans watching a geezer band are on the cutting edge, going where no fan has gone before. As far as all shows being the same, the more you watch the less that is true.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 24, 2015 23:16

sweet neo con
Here are some pics I snapped with my little Sony H7 point & shoot camera

You got some mighty fine shots there! Thanks for posting them

Date: June 25, 2015 00:01

RS
Here's my report for Milwaukee: First off...

-RS

Nice report RS.

and thanks 'with sssoul' !

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:09

sweet neo con
RS
Here's my report for Milwaukee: First off...

-RS

Nice report RS.

and thanks 'with sssoul' !

Thanks!

-RS

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:28

DandelionPowderman
ohotos
DandelionPowderman
That's a great version of Heartbreaker! Can't see anything wrong with that one? It's even etter than previous versions, imo. Very nice and emotional solo by Ronnie.
I agree Ronnie's solo in the middle is very nice. Just don't like Mick's delivery of the vocals. But like I said I would prefer to see this live rather than another Miss You or YGMR.

You probably mean on the choruses? It's been like that since 1994. He saves his voice to be able to do the falsettos later on. The guy is human grinning smiley

One of the jobs of a vocalist is to capture the emotion in a song and transmit it to the audience. "Heartbreaker" is an interesting song. Its verses feature some understated portraits of heartache and degradation; in its choruses, the singer lets loose, grabs you by the throat, and makes you FEEL what he thinks of what he's been describing in the verses. Mick "saving his voice" on the choruses in a song like "Heartbreaker" is a mistake; it robs the song of its terror and outrage and turns it into a perfunctory run-through. They shouldn't play it if he's going to sing it like that.

On the upside, man, the "Moonlight Mile" renditions on this tour continue to be charming and, at least for me, the highlights of 2015. When he stands there and sings, he is still a commanding, emotive vocalist.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 00:36

I uploaded Mike's and my stream to Dropbox:

[www.dropbox.com]

Posted by: portlandphil ()
Date: June 25, 2015 01:32

GlimmerGirl24

[www.dropbox.com]
Thanks! Missed most of the scope last night. You rock!

Date: June 25, 2015 01:35

GlimmerGirl24

[www.dropbox.com]

cool. you weren't far from me. i was Sec 4 Row T seat 42

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 25, 2015 01:38

CYHMK is just great,Ronnie's on fire.
Thanks for posting,Niek.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 25, 2015 01:43

SWEET NEOCON, your photos are exceptional. I have a pocket sized Nikon...it's a Coolpix, 14X zoom. I had an awful time in Boston 2013. I was very close and the stage lights made lots of my photos blur. It also did not stop action as well as yours seemed to. Yours are very sharp. Is that an expensive camera? I may run out and get one!

Posted by: jbowman2 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 01:55

INCREDIBLE show! This was the fourth time I've seen 'em. I'm from Chicago and got the tickets down here from a broker at about 5pm (I'd been waiting and waiting for the prices to go down). I RACED up to Milwaukee and got there just as Buddy Guy was coming on. I have to admit, I teared up a bit as they came on stage. I don't think it matters how many times you've seen them...there is just something so incredibly cool about when the lights go down and they come out.

Quick question. I *thought* I noticed this... at the end of one song, keith played a couple extra notes, and Mick looked a bit annoyed for a sec. Keith laughed and put his arm around him. Then, at the very and of Satisfaction, it looked as though Keith played an extra note or two on purpose, smiled, and tossed a guitar pick in Mick's direction. Was that just me, or is that what happened? It was pretty cool smiling smiley.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: June 25, 2015 02:02

I thought Keith and Mick gave more connection to each other for song - start timing than most shows. The band looked tight to all of us.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 25, 2015 02:13

RS
Here's my report for Milwaukee: First off I wanna say thank you to: cmc, SomeStonesFan, angee, stonesfrkk, SomeTorontoGirl, austrianstones, Milw Guy, Plink, sweet neo con...-RS

RS, it was such a pleasure to meet you and cmc and SomeStonesFan! Glad you met so many people and had such a great show. It was a really special concert, unique on this tour, so we picked a good one! Enjoy your next show and I'll watch for your scope. You're tres cool!

Date: June 25, 2015 02:16

mickschix
SWEET NEOCON, your photos are exceptional. I have a pocket sized Nikon...it's a Coolpix, 14X zoom. I had an awful time in Boston 2013. I was very close and the stage lights made lots of my photos blur. It also did not stop action as well as yours seemed to. Yours are very sharp. Is that an expensive camera? I may run out and get one!

hi mickschix. thnx. the most important thing about the point & shoot camera you use at a concert is....to be able to adjust all settings manually and NOT depend on auto ISO or auto exposure etc... The camera will be fooled by extreme lighting (& lack of lighting) in a concert situation. In my case (w/sony h7), i don't like the results when shooting with an ISO higher than 400...so obviously, the trade off is slower shutter speeds and bigger aperture (= smaller fstop number like f3.5 or f4). With slower shutter speed, you will need to accept that some will be blurry due to moving subject and unsteady photographer..so shoot lots of pics. My camera was set at ISO 400 1/200th shutterspeed f4. When stage lighting was brighter or darker...I adjusted for it by slightly changing shutterspeed.

I was by no means in an ideal location. look at the picture that cristiano posted. i was in that pic...near the back of section 4. Shot most shots at full 15X zoom. But since I was not in the photo pit with pro gear, i am satisfied with the few dozen pics I got with my point & shoot camera....in a static location (Sec 4 Row T Seat 42).

Beware...some concert venue security have hassled me when I use this point & shoot. They are ignorant and claim it is a "pro camera". Not even close. They have no idea what they are talking about and think that just because it is bigger than a cell phone that it is professional. (don't get me started) For the record, I did not get hassled at all last night at the Stones Milwaukee show but I did 2 weeks earlier at a George Thorogood/Brian Setzer theater show in Milwaukee.

Bought this H7 approx 9 years ago for $350 (i think) on Amazon. Not sure what similar newer models cost...or if they have been improved.

I hope this helps.

Feel free to ask any photo questions.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 25, 2015 02:41

LongBeachArena72
DandelionPowderman
ohotos
DandelionPowderman
That's a great version of Heartbreaker! Can't see anything wrong with that one? It's even etter than previous versions, imo. Very nice and emotional solo by Ronnie.
I agree Ronnie's solo in the middle is very nice. Just don't like Mick's delivery of the vocals. But like I said I would prefer to see this live rather than another Miss You or YGMR.

You probably mean on the choruses? It's been like that since 1994. He saves his voice to be able to do the falsettos later on. The guy is human grinning smiley

One of the jobs of a vocalist is to capture the emotion in a song and transmit it to the audience. "Heartbreaker" is an interesting song. Its verses feature some understated portraits of heartache and degradation; in its choruses, the singer lets loose, grabs you by the throat, and makes you FEEL what he thinks of what he's been describing in the verses. Mick "saving his voice" on the choruses in a song like "Heartbreaker" is a mistake; it robs the song of its terror and outrage and turns it into a perfunctory run-through. They shouldn't play it if he's going to sing it like that.

On the upside, man, the "Moonlight Mile" renditions on this tour continue to be charming and, at least for me, the highlights of 2015. When he stands there and sings, he is still a commanding, emotive vocalist.

Yeah that's a damn shame because they were nailing Heartbreaker in every other respect. Ronnie was cooking. But the complete lack of release on the chorus was a real drag. It wasn't so much that he wasn't belting it out, but the phrasing of it lacked personality. I hope they revisit that song again, it could be a real highlight.
Oh well. Ever onward.
Moonlight Mile did indeed sound nice. Seeing Keith give Mick the "good job" tap at the end made me all warm and fuzzy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 02:57 by andrewt.

Posted by: Blue Boy ()
Date: June 25, 2015 03:16

LongBeachArena72
DandelionPowderman
ohotos
DandelionPowderman

I agree with you completely. Well said.

Date: June 25, 2015 03:20

andrewt

Moonlight Mile did indeed sound nice. Seeing Keith give Mick the "good job" tap at the end made me all warm and fuzzy.

Andrew! Here's another pic I snapped. I believe this is the "good job" tap you were referring to. Hope you get warm and fuzzy again. smiling smiley

Date: June 25, 2015 03:27

More Mick & Keith affection.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 25, 2015 03:30

sweet neo con
Hey Cristiano! I'm in that pic!

Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

That's great! Thanks for your pics, they're very nice. smileys with beer

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 25, 2015 03:34

MacLaurens
DandelionPowderman
ohotos
Testify
Rolling Stones HeartBreaker [www.youtube.com]
Heartbreaker is one of my favourite songs and I would have loved to hear it live one day. I just watched the video and must say I didn't love it. Didn't like Ronnie's intro and hated the way Mick is singing it. The whole thing sounds like a bad cover version. Sorry for the negativity. Still looking forward to seeing them in QC next month and I still hope for something like Heartbreaker over the usual suspects, just put in a tiny bit more effort please!

Does Ronnie play an intro?? I can't listen to it right now..

It's Chuck who plays the intro, Ronnie and Keith join 10 seconds later.

It wasn't a perfect intro but it was a great try, hard to beat Billy Preston's original. I thought Ronnie did a pretty good job on the Taylor made stuff actually and when he reinforced the rhythm it started to come alive.

But something was definitely missing (from the youtube vid) , hard to say what it was, something in the mix of instruments was off. It didn't help that Mick totally changed melody of the chorus, wtf? Love the song, happy they played it (especially since RS wanted it so badly) but I doubt we'll see this one again this tour because for some reason Mick seems to be having trouble singing it.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, anybody get a solution for the periscope audio problems? I had none with Chrome or Firefox. sad smiley Maybe it was a problem with the periscope site itself? Thanks.

Date: June 25, 2015 03:53

I snapped this funny picture of Charlie during bows. He found a guitar pick on the stage and sort of teased the audience. Mick and Ronnie are like WTH is Charlie doing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 13:49 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 25, 2015 04:21

I'm very happily listening to the replay of Debbie's Periscope: just got as far as Miss You. The band is driving like a big old locomotive: both CYHMK and Rambler flying like bats out of hell and I enjoyed the slow power of that HTW in spite of the hiccup at the start. Buddy Guy's guest spot was fantastic too and Ronnie seems to be all over everything (in a good way). I'm going to play the video of Heartbreaker later to see how it compares with the live feed which sounded OK to me (but Heartbreaker isn't a favourite of mine).

(Oh dear - just got to GS and I'm afraid I agree that Lisa's vocal isn't what it was - but you can't have everything).

Can't work out what is the matter with Periscope - mine is still silent on Firefox but OK on Chrome. WTF???

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 25, 2015 04:40

RS, sooooo good meeting you, your brother, and of course, cmc, your great dad. I'm glad we had a chance to hang out a little bit before the show and that you got the signed book. We are lucky to have you here, and you know you can always write to me if you need any encouragement toward your future goals or on any other matter. Your writing ability at your age, imo, is nothing short of astounding, as I told you. (Was that Shigeo and his wife you met, friends with Robert and Claudia?)

stonesfrnkk, what do you mean Milwaukee was a bad town? Are you talking about the acoustics of the amphitheater, the line getting in or what? How can it be so bad when you got to meet RS, me, and others? cool smiley The weather was terrific for the duration, fwiw. Are you sure you didn't get what you need(ed), in any case?

The show really good, imo, excellent run of four songs mentioned above that aren't usually played. They were a few problems with acoustics in the venue toward the front which I understand from ifyoucantrock me were from the main speaker set up behind us several rows, rather than in front. The spirit and comaraderie of the band, incomparable! Finally, even more than that, as partly noted above, touching base with our illustrious leader Bjornulf, Beast, STG, RS, cmc, IGTBA, and others from various states and countries was very rewarding. Plink, I got your message, thanks so much, will try to get on that asap. I'm trying to think if I'm missing anyone, hope not. This may well be my last show, or nearly that, depending.

I got a Buddy Guy pick, after he threw several in our direction. In the end, one flew toward me on my right, but the guy on my left wanted it too. He said I elbowed him out of the way when we were both near the ground reaching for it. I guess I did, ha.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 04:43 by angee.

Date: June 25, 2015 04:54

Periscope problem: clearing the cache and cookies on Firefox has now cured the problem for me on that browser. Don't know if it would work on others.

Date: June 25, 2015 04:57

Debbie Tiger is now periscoping Band2...

[www.periscope.tv]

Bad news is I still have no sound....
(gonna try Green Lady's advise momentarily... ugh.)

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: June 25, 2015 05:04

I remember Relms saying something about Adobe flash player interfering with Periscope. Where is he anyway?

Date: June 25, 2015 05:05

MisterDDDD
Debbie Tiger is now periscoping Band2...

[www.periscope.tv]

Bad news is I still have no sound....
(gonna try Green Lady's advise momentarily... ugh.)

Yep - Lovely periscope from Debbie coming in loud and clear now.

Date: June 25, 2015 05:15

I finally got sound!!

No pic (on my computer) ,,
But pic on iphone (??)

Strangest thing about the issue to me is how the sound in my app on my phone
not working...

Can understand having cache issues or Adobe issues on my computer but
the phone app not working properly adds a twist..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 05:15 by MisterDDDD.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 22 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home