Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 24 of 27
Re: Milwaukee WI USA 23-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 25, 2015 17:54

stonesfrkk
Thank's Dreamtime the video's were great were you in the pit?

Yes

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 25, 2015 18:03

jimpietryga1

For real? I know folks have reported sweet interaction between Mick and Keith, and I trust their observations but this photo looks a bit disingenuous to the point of being funny. I mean what are they so friggin' happy about at that moment? grinning smiley

I think they do truly love each other but probably made a pact to display more brotherly affection on stage after the Satisfaction incident. The showing part of show biz.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 18:03

DREAMTIME
stonesfrkk

Yes

There was no pit. The show was great

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: June 25, 2015 18:28

Naturalust
jimpietryga1

For real? I know folks have reported sweet interaction between Mick and Keith, and I trust their observations but this photo looks a bit disingenuous to the point of being funny. I mean what are they so friggin' happy about at that moment? grinning smiley

I think they do truly love each other but probably made a pact to display more brotherly affection on stage after the Satisfaction incident. The showing part of show biz.

Maybe they have switched from Indica to Sativa weed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 18:28 by catchinem.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 25, 2015 18:28

Naturalust

i don't know. if i remember correctly (or maybe it was just speculation) Scorcese asked them to show some affection in Shine A Light movie....but I think this affection is legit. You ask what they are so happy about at that moment? It could've been anything. They are doing what they love to do and what they've been doing for 50+ years. Probably laughing about a flub...or something Ronnie did...or an inside joke...or whatever. Like brothers who have grown apart....they still have a bond and things in common. Sometimes I think MJ is the one that wishes they were closer than they currently are. Keith has done his share of things to create whatever wedge still exists...IMHO

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 25, 2015 18:34

Naturalust

For real? I know folks have reported sweet interaction between Mick and Keith, and I trust their observations but this photo looks a bit disingenuous to the point of being funny. I mean what are they so friggin' happy about at that moment? grinning smiley.

Straight cash homey...and the fact that they pulled it together AGAIN!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:04

Stones50
DREAMTIME
stonesfrkk

Yes

The New Seats that were placed around the catwalk were considered the Pit

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:06

stonesfrkk
That's right RS! That's what I say too good looking out.Plus we all have great seats.

Yeah!

-RS

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:11

Naturalust
jimpietryga1

Satisfaction incident? Can you jog my memory with a video?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:15

Mick just told keith that the royalties thing popped up again on Taylor's page . . . always good for a laugh between them.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:50

sweet neo con
jimpietryga1
Nope... Not a D-SLR

i think i need to update my point & shoot. it's 9yrs old...and only 8megapixels. Just googled and saw the new models are 20.

Very nice shots, Jim! It shows your camera is a Canon PowerShot G1 X. Makes almost as good pics as a simple SLR. I think it's a good camera but it's to large to put in ones jeans pocket.

Is 4x zoom sufficient always? It definitely was from your spot in Milwaukee.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:51

flacnvinyl

I don't have a video handy but they mean Keith launching Satisfaction in Pittsburgh
cutting the Mick off while he was still saying stuff after YCAGWYW.

Date: June 25, 2015 19:52

Jim Pietryga always posts fantastic shots. Thanks for these Jim - they're gorgeous

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:09

sweet neo con
I snapped this funny picture of Charlie during bows. He found a guitar pick on the stage and sort of teased the audience. Mick and Ronnie are like WTH is Charlie doing?

Look at Charlie's Socks! Look at Ronnie's Shoes!

making me smile

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:19

with sssoul
flacnvinyl

I don't have a video handy but they mean Keith launching Satisfaction in Pittsburgh

You can watch it here: [www.youtube.com]

Date: June 25, 2015 20:52

Cristiano Radtke
with sssoul
flacnvinyl

Just watched the clip...apparently keith was in a hurry. smiling smiley

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:53

Debbie - thank you much for the dropbox link for yours and Mike's stream! This is fantastic! I've never used dropbox before but just clicked on your link and have the stream playing now!

Thanks also to both Sweet Neo Con and jimpietryga1 for the lovely photos.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:54

DREAMTIME
Stones50
DREAMTIME
stonesfrkk

Yes

The New Seats that were placed around the catwalk were considered the Pit

Interpretation

Date: June 25, 2015 21:08

latvianinexile
sweet neo con
jimpietryga1
Nope... Not a D-SLR

i think i need to update my point & shoot. it's 9yrs old...and only 8megapixels. Just googled and saw the new models are 20.

Very nice shots, Jim! It shows your camera is a Canon PowerShot G1 X. Makes almost as good pics as a simple SLR. I think it's a good camera but it's to large to put in ones jeans pocket.

Is 4x zoom sufficient always? It definitely was from your spot in Milwaukee.

Neil...Any photos to post yet? Can't remember if we discussed at the Hilton...where was your seat? I was happy to have my 15x zoom from my location. Thankfully, I had no problem getting my camera into the show. Hope you had fun in Milwaukee.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 25, 2015 21:49

Cristiano Radtke
with sssoul
flacnvinyl

These are things that can happen, really think Mick is so stupid to get angry for so little?

Date: June 25, 2015 21:49

sweet neo con
Naturalust

i don't know. if i remember correctly (or maybe it was just speculation) Scorcese asked them to show some affection in Shine A Light movie....but I think this affection is legit. You ask what they are so happy about at that moment? It could've been anything. They are doing what they love to do and what they've been doing for 50+ years. Probably laughing about a flub...or something Ronnie did...or an inside joke...or whatever. Like brothers who have grown apart....they still have a bond and things in common. Sometimes I think MJ is the one that wishes they were closer than they currently are. Keith has done his share of things to create whatever wedge still exists...IMHO

I agree that in the early days it seemed Mick was more yearning for the brotherly bond with Keith although in later years, when asked about it, he was very quick to point out he already had a brother. I think in general they have just grown apart because of the big difference in their respective lifestyles and I wouldn't blame the fact they are not best friends on anyone in particular. It does appear they still enjoy themselves putting on a Stones show though, and as munich points out making that kind of money for playing music for 2 hours must be a shared thrill regardless of the music, art or collaboration. They are probably laughing at the fact that they are still rock God's in their 70's.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 25, 2015 22:02

DREAMTIME
midimannz
Did you get all the songs Mr Dreammtime? I'm interested in Brown Sugar from the comments
I had to do my Auckland one holding the camera for the whole show,

9 Songs from Milwaukee @ www.Dreamtime.tv

trying to recover data from micro sd card of nashville

The little cards can be a bitch. Your other clips are great too, I LOVE Ian Hunter!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 25, 2015 22:41

jimpietryga1

While people are trying to analyze if the bottom picture is a genuine show of affection, I'd say it's the continuation of them laughing at something funny which had happened moments before. Look at Charlie in the top picture. Even he's laughing at whatever happened. (Although a conspiracy theorist will tell us that he's sticking his tongue out at someone). Someone needs to go back and look at/listen to the video of whatever song they're playing and I'll bet something happened on stage right that, at least MJ, KR & CW all found humorous. What I'm seeing in those pictures is genuine... genuine humor, that is.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 22:56

No reason to fake the smiles and joking we have seen on this tour so far.
Mick was definately not happy at the slow starts as Keith signalled to fill for a second one time..

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 23:31

Naturalust
jimpietryga1

This is crying out for a New Yorker-style caption contest:

Mick: Can you believe what I get paid to shake these maracas no one can hear?

Keith: Good on ya, my brother!

Date: June 25, 2015 23:34

mr_dja
Someone needs to go back and look at/listen to the video of whatever song they're playing
and I'll bet something happened on stage right that, at least MJ, KR & CW all found humorous.

That's Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Mr DJA - I hope you find videos that hold the answer

Date: June 25, 2015 23:43

with sssoul
mr_dja
Someone needs to go back and look at/listen to the video of whatever song they're playing
and I'll bet something happened on stage right that, at least MJ, KR & CW all found humorous.

That's Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Mr DJA - I hope you find videos that hold the answer

I think Keith jokes..I wonder how long Ronnie's solo is going to go...as he pretends to looks at his watch at 6:23 in this video.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 23:44 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 25, 2015 23:45

with sssoul
mr_dja

Thanks with sssouul... I knew someone would know the song... The "someone" who checks the video probably won't be me... Although I've spent enough time on stage to know the look of musicians laughing at something, I don't think I'm actually curious enough to know what the specific something was in this case. At least I don't think I am... Who knows maybe I'll get bored later and do some sleuthing! Thanks to you, the "someone" will know where to start looking anyway!

EDIT -> I just saw the post above mine and it looks like we now know what they were probably laughing at! Thanks for doing my homework for me sweet neo con! thumbs up Note: If true, THAT'S FUNNY!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 23:48 by mr_dja.

Date: June 25, 2015 23:50

LongBeachArena72

This is crying out for a New Yorker-style caption contest:

Mick: Can you believe what I get paid to shake these maracas no one can hear?

Keith: Good on ya, my brother!

I totally agree but for some reason I see it a bit differently.

Mick: I'll bet you don't even realize I've got NONE of your guitar in my in-ear monitor this tour. And it sounds great!

Keith: I've had you out of my mix since 1989, pal.

Date: June 26, 2015 00:10

mr_dja

EDIT -> I just saw the post above mine and it looks like we now know what they were probably laughing at! Thanks for doing my homework for me sweet neo con! thumbs up Note: If true, THAT'S FUNNY!

i believe that is what's happening.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 24 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1214
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home