Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 27
Re: Milwaukee WI USA 23-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Date: June 24, 2015 17:05

ohotos
DandelionPowderman
That's a great version of Heartbreaker! Can't see anything wrong with that one? It's even etter than previous versions, imo. Very nice and emotional solo by Ronnie.
I agree Ronnie's solo in the middle is very nice. Just don't like Mick's delivery of the vocals. But like I said I would prefer to see this live rather than another Miss You or YGMR.

You probably mean on the choruses? It's been like that since 1994. He saves his voice to be able to do the falsettos later on. The guy is human grinning smiley

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:13

Niek
Can't you hear me knocking

[youtu.be]

Moonlight mile

[youtu.be]

JJF
[youtu.be]

Sympathy
[youtu.be]

GS
[youtu.be]

You can't always get
[youtu.be]

Satisfaction
[youtu.be]

great videos!

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:15

DandelionPowderman
ohotos
DandelionPowderman
That's a great version of Heartbreaker! Can't see anything wrong with that one? It's even etter than previous versions, imo. Very nice and emotional solo by Ronnie.
I agree Ronnie's solo in the middle is very nice. Just don't like Mick's delivery of the vocals. But like I said I would prefer to see this live rather than another Miss You or YGMR.

You probably mean on the choruses? It's been like that since 1994. He saves his voice to be able to do the falsettos later on. The guy is human grinning smiley

Yes, and you're right, at least it's confirmation he is human! I just love the original so much that this sounds really weird to me. I wouldn't have thought that Heartbreaker is a song where he would have to save his voice (compared to other songs he does much better), but what do I know I am not a 72 year old singer!

Date: June 24, 2015 17:22

Brstonesfan
No reaction at all from crowd...seem subdued.

you couldnt be more wrong. there was a constant fervor. crowd was loud and into it. not sure if you are basing opinion on youtube videos but they don;t capture it (because of the condenser microphones or something).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 22:10 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:28

Freejack
sarahunwin
Goodnight everyone and so many thank to Debbie and Mike. Such an awesome show.

Can't wait for Kansas City - 13th row on floor - whoo hoo

Look in section B row8 for a little IORR enclave!

Will do - look for sequins and you'll find me! Section B on isle

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:34

Had a blast scoping for you guys! This was my favorite show since the Aragon, really a special night.

Mike

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:43

DandelionPowderman
liddas
What a beautiful Knocking!!!

Superb Ronnie

C

He had a great solo on Heartbreaker as well. He was on last night thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up

C

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:50

mnewman505
Had a blast scoping for you guys! This was my favorite show since the Aragon, really a special night.

Mike

Thanks for doing it Mike.. You and Debbie are the best!
Sure wish I could have figured out how to get the audio feed to work on my end.

Gotta get that resolved before the next show...

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:10

stonesfrkk
RS
I AM SO SORRY! I was under the roof and had NO CONNECTION AT ALL! I am hoping to periscope on Saturday because they have no roof. I am by the catwalk so I will have really nice views.

-RS
Don't worry RS you will get your chance in Kanas City There were big issues in Milwaukee not a nice place from my point of view I can't wait to leave bad place for me one of those things! Kansas City here we come!

Thanks stonesfrkk!

-RS

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:24

Went to bed early and woke up late, sorry I missed the party. Funny to read through this entire thread, reminds me of a big family around an old 50's TV, trying to get the signal right. I can't see! I can't hear! Try tuning it this way, no that way! Green Lady was her usual oasis of calm.

Sounds like it was a great night, thanks to all for the reports. I'll see if I can tune into Debbie Tiger's feed on twitter later on and wait on the vids. Cheers everyone!

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 24, 2015 18:30

Champagne and reefer

[youtu.be]

From min 1.00 mick is gesturing with his head towards someone confused smiley
Don't know what he meant.Buddy to sing? Cameraman?

Rambler
[youtu.be]

Doom and gloom
[youtu.be]

Happy
[youtu.be]

Journal
[youtu.be]

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 18:50 by Niek.

Date: June 24, 2015 18:42

Buddy came in early. They never recovered from that. They kept alternating between 12 and 13 bars. Love it! grinning smiley

Date: June 24, 2015 18:54

Here's my report for Milwaukee: First off I wanna say thank you to: cmc, SomeStonesFan, angee, stonesfrkk, SomeTorontoGirl, austrianstones, Milw Guy, Plink, sweet neo con, and I also saw a nice Japenese couple from IORR. I am sorry I didn't get your name, please comment and tell me. The day started out in the morning, I got out of bed got ready and went down to have some breakfast. I got french toast sticks with sausage. Then after that cmc, SomeStonesFan, and myself went to Target and met sweet neo con and his 6 year old daughter. We exchanged tickets, then we went into Target and we got some extra supplies. After that we went on to explore Milwaukee, thats when we met Milw Guy. Yesterday I sent out a comment asking if anyone wanted to meet up, Milw Guy texted me and we went over to a German restaurant called the Milwaukee Brat House. We had an awesome conversation, I also met a guy and his GERMAN shepard at the GERMAN place. It turns out they motorcycle around a lot and I ended up getting a professional picture of them, the dog actually rode on the motorcycle with the guy. We walked back to our car all the way across town, it was the most beautiful walk ever! I loved the riverview most of all. After that we ran a few errands and went to pick up stonesfrkk, then after that we went over to pick up angee and SomeTorontoGirl. We all went to Summerfest and there we found austrianstones! We had a nice talk with them, then we all went in to the place. I ended up getting one more shirt and we got interviewed by these television guys. They asked me my name and age, why I came, and topics like that. So after a while of talking to people we finally went in. I didn't have front seats like last time but we had decent seats, I tried periscoping but the darn connection wouldn't work! So i finally gave up, when the show started I had to stand up on my chair. It seemed like the whole time I honestly just danced and sung, I didn't realize what song it would be until my dad told me! I was just so into it, it seemed like all the songs were played better then ever! I loved CYHMK! Heartbreaker was done beautifully! But I gotta say Midnight Gambler was AMAZING! The hermonica, everything! By far last night Ronnie had the best personality, he was hilarious! They would introduce people and he would hail them and all that! I loved the guitar offs, that was awesome! I also thought it was hilarious when Mick faked the crowd when he would pretend to throw his jackets and stuff! There was also a lot smoking that bugged me... By the end of the concert my feet hurt so bad I could barely walk! We gave Milw Guy and stonesfrkk a ride to where they stayed. We got back to our hotel and I don't even know how I got to my bed but cmc says we got their around 2:00 AM! Man, that was crazy, I will hope to periscope on Saturday because there is no roof and I am right next to the CATWALK! So if anybody wants me to try and get Ed Sheeran before the Rolling Stones let me know! I have an extra battery thing for my phone.

-RS

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 24, 2015 19:03

Great story RS, thank you!
Must be very nice to read IORR and know the faces behind the names.
By which song did Mick the jacketjoke?

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: June 24, 2015 19:59

Niek
Great story RS, thank you!
Must be very nice to read IORR and know the faces behind the names.
By which song did Mick the jacketjoke?

He did earlier on. Not Jumping Jack Flash. It might've been Its Only Rock n Roll or Tumbling Dice. The other jacket joke was on Ronnies side it was for Sympathy for the Devil.

-RS

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 24, 2015 20:07

CloudCat

i'm on chrome, and am able to replay Debbie's periscope feed: go into her twitter page and click on the periscope link. I have a notice that the feed is off, but there is a play button which is operational.

i hope whatever the problem is tonight gets resolved before the weekend! i had no luck with safari or firefox, so i ended up downloading chrome right before Keith's set, and got the introductions on.

i'm wondering if it has anything to do with cache from all the other shows enjoyed on periscope........

Thank you! This is a totally unexpected treat for me. I've only just heard of periscope thanks to IORR - and haven't been able to get up in the night to follow any of the shows. Had no idea I could hear a replay. Which I'm just listening to now. hot smiley

Thanks so much for the link further down this page, and massive thanks to Debbie for the persicoping!

Btw, have just skimmed through this thread. Sorry to read people had trouble with the periscopes last night. If it's of any use for anyone, I'm listening now to the replay on Firefox with no problems (on my laptop).

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 24, 2015 20:28

Guitars are not quite loud enough during Heartbreaker. smoking smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 24, 2015 20:48

Still recovering from last night's great show. Mick was more energetic than ever. Lots of affection and playfulness between Mick and Keith on display. Heartbreaker was rushed through as if they couldn't wait to finish it. Will report more later.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:02

Filstan - I agree with a lot of what you say. I made the trip from Boston - and was lucky to make it. Flew through Phili which had a ton of cancelled flights due to weather. FINALLY the plane did take off - almost 3 hours late! STRESS! Then getting to the venue was a challenge. So it wasn't the most relaxing of events for me. The sound WAS an issue where I was - Sec. 5, Row H. DEcent seat, but the sound did bounce around a bit, and sounded a bit 'boomy', although it did seem to improved toward the end. I went up to the lawn during Miss You, Shelter, and the sound was actually better up there!
That all said - I FINALLY got Moonlight Mile, so that was worth it for me on this my 32nd show (Buffalo will be #33). And to add CYHMK, and Heartbreaker (YES! - I thought for sure it would have been LARS), and the Buddy Guy C&R - man, that MF wails like a bolt of electricity. Rambler was also, as always, awesome. Ronnie had some great moments, and agreed that Keith is playing very well. Charlie as always was superb and Mick - well, what can you say. Unbelievable. So we did get something of a special set list for this special show (it sure didn't seem 'small' though - traffic in and out of Marcus and inside the venue itself was no picnic). Anyway - bring on Buffalo! 'Back up to Boston' and better get some sleep tonight.

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:06

powerage78

Really? I was not at this show but the guitars have been extremely loud at the outdoor stadium shows. Was Keith booming on his 5-string tele chords?

Her mother said she had no chance.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:22

Yeah - they were pretty loud last night. Ears still ringing a little today.

Date: June 24, 2015 21:22

Was I the only one from IORR that spotted Bernard Fowler outside the amphitheater near the food vendors? My wife and I were walking toward the lines to enter the amphitheater and looking at the merch etc... and BF was standing there texting on his phone! We said "hi" and politely asked if he would pose for a phone pic. He said we could take the picture but that he would not pose. The photo was pretty awkward but after my wife shot a couple pics, he looked up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 21:38 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:45

BERNARD FOWLER refused to pose? Geez. Maybe you have to give more to his kickstarter campaign for that.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:51

Yes, thanks... drinking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Lipsgogreen
powerage78

Really? I was not at this show but the guitars have been extremely loud at the outdoor stadium shows. Was Keith booming on his 5-string tele chords?

Her mother said she had no chance.

Thanks.

Tim

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 21:52 by powerage78.

Date: June 24, 2015 21:54

wellalright
BERNARD FOWLER refused to pose? Geez. Maybe you have to give more to his kickstarter campaign for that.

Ha! He was great. I think he didn't want to start posing because then everybody and their uncle would form a line to pose. He seemed more than willing to answer questions while checking his texts etc.. winking smiley

Date: June 24, 2015 21:56

Here are some pics I snapped with my little Sony H7 point & shoot camera (15X optical zoom). From Section 4 Row T seat 42. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 21:57 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:58

Marcus Amphitheater was my 11th Rolling Stones concert and my new favorite. It helped to have fantastic seats 7th row in front of Keith but the atmosphere and energy from both the band and the crowd was absolutely amazing. I have watched several hundred Stones shows on dvd and live and that was the highest energy level I have seen from Mick. He went totally crazy at the end of several songs that was so delightful. We are truly blessed that the world's best band is still going strong!

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: June 24, 2015 21:59

i think the periscope scramble has gotten ridiculous. i get the charm to a point, but my god, these shows are all pretty much the same, give or take 2 or so songs.

Posted by: RecordHead ()
Date: June 24, 2015 22:29

Nice review from the Milwaukee Journal:

[www.jsonline.com]

The photo gallery from the Journal:

[www.jsonline.com]

Date: June 24, 2015 22:31

Hey Cristiano! I'm in that pic! (and my wife is one seat in front of me with the same black Milwaukee RStones jacket)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 22:07 by sweet neo con.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home