Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 20 of 23
Re: Orlando FL USA 12-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:20

MisterO
Was the show sold out?....Any tickets available outside for a bargain?

The stadium definitely looked sold out. I personally did not see any bargains before show.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:26

The set list also may seem boring, but also the usual complaints are boring! Always read the same complaints is very boring, but I prefer to listen to yet another version of MY that read yet another complaint.

everything's turning to gold

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:33

Stonehearted, you shocked me out of not writing! smiling smiley I was indeed talking about you and Dandelion Powderman! Hope you're well.

I didn't get negative feedback personally, but I was surprised at the number of Periscope comments -- like you said, Pete got more mention than Mick or Keith. (and the setlist complaints were a nagging continuation from earlier shows on this tour.) But I'll ignore it.

I've especially enjoyed watching the Stones as they've gotten older -- mistakes, miscues and all. They now remind me of those wise old Chicago bluesmen they enjoyed so much. I think there's a new depth to all they bring to their music. Muddy Waters would just chuckle if they repeated setlists or forgot words -- lord knows he did. ( I'm from Chicago and Have seen a few Muddy Waters performances that were all the better for his "mistakes."

Enough. Thanks for your response (and that of tumbling dice and Nikki as well), I'll not give up on IORR.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:46

bv
It would be abuse of this thread - or any other live concert thread - to post set list complaints. Truely. If you have complaints about the setlist then it would be OFF TOPIC to post complaints here. In fact it would be a campaign which is unacceptable here on IORR. Also, it is SPAM.

If you see someone who use IORR to campaign agaainst the set list on the wrong threads again and again please feel free to use the "Report this post", and I will look into it. I may not have time to delete many posts, but I may see if soneone should be closed out from posting for a while, due to the spam factor.

There is a tread for set list complaints : [www.iorr.org]

I am sure the Rolling Stones DO NOT read that thread. Also, I do know for a fact that they read a lot other here on IORR.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. This is a tour in 15 states, 15 cities, all over USA. 99% of everyone in the crowd have not seen the Stones in years. They want to hear the big songs. Any fan whoi love the Stones would love to hear JJF, BS, GS, SYMP, SMU and so on. Sure we love Lady Jane and Citadel, but they are not mainstream.

The Stones have finalized the ZIP CODE show. It is 19 songs, 2 h 10 minutes, one request, two SF songs, then one extra. Keith doews B4 and Happy. That is this tour. Please do not waste our time with campaigns to get back Mick taylor, another set list, other backup musicians and so on. This is the tour. Please use the current sest list as a base of positive comments. If you are geetting bored of the Stones as they do perform now, then sorry, you are on the wrong place here on IORR, posting on the live threads.

I would humbly suggest, then, that the "live show updates" threads be retitled "live show compliments." Then it would be clear to everyone that they should be posting only positive comments on the band's performance, and not critiquing the quality of the live performance.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 14, 2015 00:57

Jesse
Stonehearted, you shocked me out of not writing! smiling smiley I was indeed talking about you and Dandelion Powderman! Hope you're well.

I didn't get negative feedback personally, but I was surprised at the number of Periscope comments -- like you said, Pete got more mention than Mick or Keith. (and the setlist complaints were a nagging continuation from earlier shows on this tour.) But I'll ignore it.

I've especially enjoyed watching the Stones as they've gotten older -- mistakes, miscues and all. They now remind me of those wise old Chicago bluesmen they enjoyed so much. I think there's a new depth to all they bring to their music. Muddy Waters would just chuckle if they repeated setlists or forgot words -- lord knows he did. ( I'm from Chicago and Have seen a few Muddy Waters performances that were all the better for his "mistakes."

Enough. Thanks for your response (and that of tumbling dice and Nikki as well), I'll not give up on IORR.

Welcome back! thumbs up

Saw my first ever show in Boston in 2013, even though I've been a regular fan since the Tattoo You era, and it was nothing short of fantastic. They can play whatever they want, just so long as they sound the way they do and still have the same enthusiasm--and how could they not?--then it's just fine for me.

All I have to do is look at the photos in these concert threads and I know it had to be a great show, as always.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 14, 2015 01:10

TE
Cristiano Radtke
Thanks for the compliments, everyone! It's very appreciated. smileys with beer

Love you!

TE
Oslo

Hey TE I hope your trip is going great!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 14, 2015 01:42

Jesse

Wow, you guessed out my real-life nickname! eye popping smiley Love your Muddy Waters comment. Fantastic that you got to see THE MAN in the flesh.

Date: June 14, 2015 01:49

5stringTele wrote:
Mick looked like he was loving it, whether he was having fun or not (IDK which). He seemed to be soaking it all in. We noticed he was making eye contact with the people in the first few rows -- like he was studying the fans. I don't recall him doing that on past tours, in fact I think he had a bit of a reputation for starring out over everybody's heads (I saw him doing just that the one time I was in the front row for a Stones concert).
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm glad to see you brought up this subject. I've wondered about it myself. I was in 3rd row center front runway section Ronnie's side in SD. My seat was 7th from runway. I kept hoping through the whole wonderful show for Mick to even begin to look at all at the first few rows but I don't think he did--well, maybe he did once, which I halfway sorta missed because I was busy taking a pic of him from my non-digital, old fashioned 35 mm camera.

That pic of Mick appears to possibly catching him looking very close to my area but I can't make out his face in detail because my poor camera quality of course only shows faces as a whited-out blur. So if I was in his line of vision for 1 or 2 seconds, all he would have seen of me would have been with my face covered by my camera and my hands holding up the camera. sad smiley

All the rest of the show he seemed to only be looking at the middle to upper decks at the furthest end of the stadium whether on the main stage or the runway. When on the runway he sometimes, not very often, did turn sideways but still never looked down-always playing to the people in the high stands. I think I've noticed that on you tubes.

I wonder what role lighting might play in this ongoing thing....from Mick or any of the RS's vantage point, are the first few rows hard to see? are they too dark? or are all the glaring lights that are shining onto the stage such that it makes looking at the first several rows difficult?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 03:34 by tauk.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: June 14, 2015 02:44

sundevil
Hey, morons!!
sundevil
Fricking Awesome Show. You will be dead long before these guys can no longer do it. Great sound, great opener, bitch was awesome. Great rambler, miss you, gimme shelter, satisfaction. Smoked from beginning to end. Still got Milwaukee and Detroit. I m adding Indy and Pittsburgh. Can t go to enough shows like this.

And of course, mick as always, beyond the greatest singer ever.

Try going to a show. And quit telling everyone how you are so much better than that idiot MICK JAGGER!

thumbs up

I 'just' arrived back home to Hungary, seen Columbus, Dallas & Atlanta shows.
Everything is great about the Stones, anyaway I've seen them 69 times,and Atlanta is in my best 5 ever...And there is not a single person who's seeing the Rolling Stones in 2015 ( or ever..smiling smiley and coming out of the show sad or unsatisfied. The best band, the best songs and Mick Jagger is the best performer...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 14, 2015 02:46

Great quality in All Down The Line but unfortunately the Jagger spit on the stage habit is caught in all it's glory at 4:13 or so. Definitely took me out of the moment. It's like he's making a statement to the others. "I spit on that solo! PTUUUUEEE!!"

Edit: I feel sorry for whoever has to mop that up. Mick needs a few of these on stage:

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 02:56 by bleedingman.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 14, 2015 02:51

bleedingman
Great quality in All Down The Line but unfortunately the Jagger spit on the stage habit is caught in all it's glory at 4:13 or so. Definitely took me out of the moment. It's like he's making a statement to the others. "I spit on that solo! PTUUUUEEE!!"

Ew. At least he didn't spit into the audience...

On the bright side, dance moves from 4:20 to 4:50 were great...especially the miming hands move.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 02:54 by alieb.

Date: June 14, 2015 03:12

He was spitting ferociously in San Diego already. "The Rolling Stones F*ck Off" tour is but a few years away.

Date: June 14, 2015 03:17

maumau wrote: And if I hear things I dont like I speak out, but not in the thread during the show where I know it is like everyone is "having sex" with the band they love.

and Naturalust wrote: "...The honeymoon is over but the sex is still good."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I just figured out why I'm so disappointed when my IB (Imaginary Boyfriend) Mick never looks at me during the sex show. winking smiley

Here's my amateur pic from a moment when Mick was perhaps looking my way (3rd row from stage, Ronnie's side, 7th seat from runway)during the SD show. Too bad my face was covered by my 35 mm camera right then.

snap shot from 3rd row Zoomed in version

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 03:52 by tauk.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 14, 2015 03:42

Maybe me, but, when was that last time Keith looked like having more more fun doing Happy. When was the last time playing and singing (Licks?). Now running around Ronnie. Sorry mate. Think he is back!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 14, 2015 03:50

tauk
I wonder what role lighting might play in this ongoing thing....from Mick or any of the RS's vantage point, are the first few rows hard to see? are they too dark? or are all the glaring lights that are shining onto the stage such that it makes looking at the first several rows difficult?

When overhead spotlights are trained on you it is actually much easier to focus down and see things in the first couple of rows. The Stones have both overhead and spots in front of the stage pointing up, obviously looking into either could be problematic.

I'm guessing one of the reason Mick doesn't often visually engage with the people in the first few rows is that it might take him out of his performance game, if even for a very short time. There are subconscious elements involved when making direct eye contact with individuals and super performer Mick probably doesn't want any little thing risking his act. Plenty to think about without being distracted, however briefly, by the longing gaze of the beauty in the 3rd row center, Ronnie's side, 7th from the runway. smoking smiley

peace

Date: June 14, 2015 04:15

maumau wrote: And if I hear things I dont like I speak out, but not in the thread during the show where I know it is like everyone is "having sex" with the band they love.

and Naturalust wrote: "...The honeymoon is over but the sex is still good."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Me, tauk, wrote: I just figured out why I'm so disappointed when my IB (Imaginary Boyfriend) Mick never looks at me during the sex show. winking smiley

Naturalust
tauk

When overhead spotlights are trained on you it is actually much easier to focus down and see things in the first couple of rows. The Stones have both overhead and spots in front of the stage pointing up, obviously looking into either could be problematic.

I'm guessing one of the reason Mick doesn't often visually engage with the people in the first few rows is that it might take him out of his performance game, if even for a very short time. There are subconscious elements involved when making direct eye contact with individuals and super performer Mick probably doesn't want any little thing risking his act. Plenty to think about without being distracted, however briefly, by the longing gaze of the beauty in the 3rd row center, Ronnie's side, 7th from the runway. smoking smiley

peace

Dear Naturalust, I get everything you're saying about how my IB (Imaginary Boyfriend) can't afford to get distracted (your compliment to me is nice, funny & appreciated, but undeserved). I can certainly see why distraction wouldn't be good for either one of us. However, if he continues to have sex with me from the stage he & are going to have to work together on this situation for both of ours sake. He's going to have to learn to multi-task this. It's our first problem as a couple!

I'm not asking for 100% eye contact but 0% is unacceptable. Even if he is MICK JAGGER. (LUV YA MICK XXXXXOOOOO's in case you're reading this)

P.S. Yes, perhaps the big amount of money I spent on him in SD plays a teeny little bit of a role in my assertiveness here---hey,I'm not saying anything that men haven't...just sayin'...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 06:11 by tauk.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 14, 2015 04:18

You'll learn, as men have over the years, don't spend as much if they don't put out.

Date: June 14, 2015 04:22

tumblingdice
You'll learn, as men have over the years, don't spend as much if they don't put out.

Dam* right. Note: I'm only referring to sex, not the setlist!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 14, 2015 05:08

Carolyn I think the main thing is whether Mick is comfortable singing to the folks immediately in the front row. Often times it is easier to engage with those who are further out. Remember that they are playing to the back of the house!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 14, 2015 05:15

Hey Drake have you checked out any Periscope shows with U2? They are playing in Montreal tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 05:16 by The Sicilian.

Date: June 14, 2015 05:18

so where are the actual reviews?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 05:20 by Nikkei.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 14, 2015 05:52

flacnvinyl
Carolyn I think the main thing is whether Mick is comfortable singing to the folks immediately in the front row. Often times it is easier to engage with those who are further out. Remember that they are playing to the back of the house!

Keith and Ronnie usually make a lot of eye contact with folks up close, but Mick rarely does unless it's a small theater show. I believe it is because he is performing for the entire stadium and it wouldn't be cool for people in the back of the stadium to see him on the big screens appearing to cater to the front row crowd.

Date: June 14, 2015 06:23

JadedFaded
flacnvinyl

Keith and Ronnie usually make a lot of eye contact with folks up close, but Mick rarely does unless it's a small theater show. I believe it is because he is performing for the entire stadium and it wouldn't be cool for people in the back of the stadium to see him on the big screens appearing to cater to the front row crowd.

To jaded & flac: Yes, I understand those points you make, including about needing to play to the back of the house. I've heard that expression before, not just to do with the RS...I think it's what all actors do on stage also, or public speakers, besides music performers. But if the persons in the front rows actually had to pay a whole lot of their own money, nobody's like me, not comped VIPS's, then what harm would there be to have just a momentary, I mean like 5 seconds out of the whole show, a momentary glance at the front rows? Just sayin... I'm not trying to be picky...this would mean a lot to me & I'm sure a lot of other paying customers. Sometimes I've wondered if Mick thinks everyone in the first few rows got their seats for free, you know, music insiders,VIP's FOB, etc so that's maybe why he doesn't bother to look their way for over about 1 second. I'm not knocking the music insiders or VIP'setc, I'm just taking notice of this one thing.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 14, 2015 06:23

On occasion, Mick does make eye contact with people in the audience, as do Ronnie and Keith, of course.

Check out my book for instances of audience contact, in the chapter on fan interaction, up close and peronal.
I know, I've been surprised.

True, in general he's trying to reach everbody.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 14, 2015 06:43

angee
On occasion, Mick does make eye contact with people in the audience, as do Ronnie and Keith, of course.

Check out my book for instances of audience contact, in the chapter on fan interaction, up close and peronal.

Angee, How can I get a copy of your book?

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: June 14, 2015 06:59

Enjoy life, enjoy the fact that the Stones are rocking out in 2015 in stadiums. Life is short. Speaking personally, knowing the Stones are rocking out and playing ANYTHING is a wonderful blessing to the day. Some day in the near future, all of this will be gone and it will be a MEMORY. We are grateful the concerts of today are a daily reality. They don't need to do any of this. We are spoiled as a fan base. You can call it a money grab, but, quite simply, it isn't. They don't need any money to "grab." They enjoy playing for the masses and they enjoy traveling the world. Let's enjoy it with them. Life is hard enough. If the Stones are having fun, I'm having fun.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 14, 2015 07:11

tauk
angee

Thanks for asking, C! It's right here, not too expensive, based on interviews with over 100 fans,
some of them on these pages. cool smiley :

[www.amazon.com]

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 14, 2015 07:20

angee
tauk
angee

Thanks for asking, C! It's right here, not too expensive, based on interviews
with over 100 fans,

[www.amazon.com]

SOLD. I'm just beginning my own personal reading of the RS I have lots & lots of ground to cover-yours looks like a good place to start.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 14, 2015 07:21

Keith and Ronnie look you straight in the eyes. Ronnie will look straight at you at the end of a song, then try to hit you with the pick. Mick is all over.
Mick jumped down to the floor one time during the ABB tour. Had him straight in my eyes, raised my hand, got a high five. Wild.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 14, 2015 07:31

tauk
angee
tauk
angee

Thanks for asking, C! It's right here, not too expensive, based on interviews
with over 100 fans,

[www.amazon.com]

SOLD. I'm just beginning my own personal reading of the RS I have lots & lots of ground to cover-yours looks like a good place to start.

If you are just starting out then I highly recommend Bill Wyman's first book Stone Alone as well. Stone Alone
Others seem to like his later picture books, which are nice, but I much prefer this one that gives us a great look into the early days and the 60's up until Brian's death. I always hated that he never did another like this covering later years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 07:37 by tumblingdice.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 20 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2050
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home