Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 18 of 23
Re: Orlando FL USA 12-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:00

relms
Thrylan
relms
Rokyfan
Maybe after two months you might think this board is not for you if the posts upset you so much.
You have been here a mere 2 years and act like you are something? Give it a rest. You are unworthy to say a dim word about the Rolling Stones, or me, or anything else for that matter. Only 2 years? LOL
Wow! Do you want to talk about it? Did you experience a traumatic event as a child? If you take exception to the majority of the posts......well....

I really enjoy the posts that gush about how fresh the warhorses are, or how they are playing better than ever!!! Then I get on my unicorn, and spread glitter all over the earth!!!

who are you and why are you replying to me?

Just a guy who loves the Stones, and hates people who whine about critical thinkers.........besides.......Who the hell are you???

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:02

This thread is mucked up with complaints... Once the show starts it's time to enjoy. We all know what to expect, there are plenty of threads to express displeasure but still what they are doing is fantastic and impossible...

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:03

Thrylan
Just a guy who loves the Stones, and hates people who whine about critical thinkers.........besides.......Who the hell are you???
So you are a nobody who has not posted in over a month but decided to crawl out your hole today and look around? OK, now go ahead and crawl back into your hole. I wont reply to waste of time like you again.

Date: June 13, 2015 20:15

relms
Thrylan
So you are a nobody who has not posted in over a month but decided to crawl out your hole today and look around? OK, now go ahead and crawl back into your hole. I wont reply to waste of time like you again.

Do you like Moonlight Mile and You Gotta Move? Seriously.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:15

Stop this. From the start every posters opinion is equally valid. If one however exposes himself by personally insulting others, it doesn't matter anymore if it's a longtime poster, a talkative newbie, whatever. It just pollutes the atmosphere and is probably best ignored.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:18

DoomandGloom
This thread is mucked up with complaints... Once the show starts it's time to enjoy. We all know what to expect, there are plenty of threads to express displeasure but still what they are doing is fantastic and impossible...

This isn't Shangri La. Jagger complains about not getting Satisfaction, well some of us complain about it too.

They are playing fantastic if not better than the past few tours since 2012. If only they would come to their senses and starting adding a couple more songs to the list and rearrange the mix. They are hitting their stride and just going through the motions. To add 4 to 6 interchangeable songs placed throughout the setlist would practically make this the best sounding tour ever. It is beyond frustrating and belief.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:19

I see there are 513 posts here on this thread since I started it 24 hours ago. No time to trace back on the comments now. May be later. I will update the concert reports and pictures pages from Atlanta and Orlando soon, well settled in here in Orlando for a couple more days, in my perfect location.

Some quick impressions...

Orlando prctures and soon to come reports: [www.iorr.org]

Many fans probably hundeds flying in from Argentina, also from Brazil, and of course from all over Florida. Hot and humid like Atlanta. The heat takes away a bit of the energy both in the band and the crowd.

Mick "Stones-baptized" us by throwing water. Keith handed out a pick to the girl right next to me, on the way back from his "Miss You" B-stage walk. She was not able to reach it so he stretched out, still to far so his daughter who happened to be there on the other side of the barrier acted like a go-between. Great family work reaching out to a fan!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 20:21 by bv.

Date: June 13, 2015 20:21

The Sicilian
DoomandGloom

This isn't Shangri La. Jagger complains about not getting Satisfaction, well some of us complain about it too.

They are playing fantastic if not better than the past few tours since 2012. If only they would come to their senses and starting adding a couple more songs to the list and rearrange the mix. They are hitting their stride and just going through the motions. To add 4 to 6 interchangeable songs placed throughout the setlist would practically make this the best sounding tour ever. It is beyond frustrating and belief.

thumbs up

Date: June 13, 2015 20:27

The Sicilian
They are hitting their stride and just going through the motions.

What a conundrum. I guess it's better to stride through the motions than to merely go.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:33

The main point here is not about how the band is sounding live or how lame or great a song is. These kind of discussions are fine for me, and that's why we are here. Every concert is different because of these "different" versions. The band can play, let's say, Midnight Rambler on a very amazing version one night, and on the next may not be as hot as the previous one, and so on.

My issue with the setlist complainers last night is that while there was a lot of people trying to keep us up to date with what was going on (pics, infos and periscope feeds) is just that this is something that really bores us and more than that - on my case, at least - it's very upsetting.

For the next concerts, I suggest to the setlist whiners to post on this thread and leave the live comments for people who have something nice to discuss about the concert - even if it's about how bad the guitar is sounding and so on.

Date: June 13, 2015 20:34

" Relms"- The reason folks critique the set list is simple, and the reason most sensible posters who have been on here longer than 2 months, or 2 years let it go, is........ There are about 10 songs that since 1989 have been played nearly, if not EVERY tour and show. There are 4-6 others that are close behind. Everyone here is really digging MM & YGTM- but with a 19 song show, these gems are few and far between.

The argument is reasonable, sensible and valid, it is very frustrating to Die Hard fans, which make up most of IORR.

Your responses that I read seemed to take a personal nature- so I poked back.

Date: June 13, 2015 20:35

They are thrilling 30,000-60,000 per night who are live at the shows. They are selling 30,000-60,000 tickets to capacity at these shows, to the top of the stadiums, even the junk seats are selling and people are happy.

They are sounding great, playing great songs. It is all working like it should.

It is not broke. Why fix it?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:40

No problem with the setlist.

I don't like Keith playing on many songs sounding floating. And there are 2 keyboards...

Nothing more, nothing less.

Just MUSIC...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 20:44 by powerage78.

Date: June 13, 2015 20:44

Cristiano Radtke
The main point here is not about how the band is sounding live or how lame or great a song is. These kind of discussions are fine for me, and that's why we are here. Every concert is different because of these "different" versions. The band can play, let's say, Midnight Rambler on a very amazing version one night, and on the next may not be as hot as the previous one, and so on.

My issue with the setlist complainers last night is that while there was a lot of people trying to keep us up to date with what was going on (pics, infos and periscope feeds) is just that this is something that really bores us and more than that - on my case, at least - it's very upsetting.

For the next concerts, I suggest to the setlist whiners to post on this thread and leave the live comments for people who have something nice to discuss about the concert - even if it's about how bad the guitar is sounding and so on.
thumbs up
That is how I feel too.

I like to help out with the live threads, post links and information as it is happening and if/when 5-10 people are all doing that it chugs along very nicely and pretty much everything "out there" is covered, often duplicating it, which is a good thing. But last night when the whiners showed up early it started bogging it all down and it stopped being fun. I left the thread and watched somewhere else.

I am back to day pondering what I will do on the next live thread.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:45

It would be abuse of this thread - or any other live concert thread - to post set list complaints. Truely. If you have complaints about the setlist then it would be OFF TOPIC to post complaints here. In fact it would be a campaign which is unacceptable here on IORR. Also, it is SPAM.

If you see someone who use IORR to campaign agaainst the set list on the wrong threads again and again please feel free to use the "Report this post", and I will look into it. I may not have time to delete many posts, but I may see if soneone should be closed out from posting for a while, due to the spam factor.

There is a tread for set list complaints : [www.iorr.org]

I am sure the Rolling Stones DO NOT read that thread. Also, I do know for a fact that they read a lot other here on IORR.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. This is a tour in 15 states, 15 cities, all over USA. 99% of everyone in the crowd have not seen the Stones in years. They want to hear the big songs. Any fan whoi love the Stones would love to hear JJF, BS, GS, SYMP, SMU and so on. Sure we love Lady Jane and Citadel, but they are not mainstream.

The Stones have finalized the ZIP CODE show. It is 19 songs, 2 h 10 minutes, one request, two SF songs, then one extra. Keith doews B4 and Happy. That is this tour. Please do not waste our time with campaigns to get back Mick taylor, another set list, other backup musicians and so on. This is the tour. Please use the current sest list as a base of positive comments. If you are geetting bored of the Stones as they do perform now, then sorry, you are on the wrong place here on IORR, posting on the live threads.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:54

EasterMan
When you attend the actual show and log in here after, all the setlist ''whining'' seems totally irrelevant, cause when you are there all that matters is how they play, not what the play. However now when I'm not attending the shows, the setlist once again feels very important. So here's todays complaint:

Why is ''Happy'' always so lazy and useless these days?...

Orlando 2015: Zzzzzzz...

MSG 2003: thumbs up

A = A CHUCK ARRANGEMENT ...
B = AGE / VOICE DIFFERENCES
C = HOW WOULD .. PAPERBACK WRITER SOUND IN 2015 .. IF THE BEATLES WERE STIL TOGETHER ...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:56

Thrylan
The Sicilian
DoomandGloom

thumbs up
Bottom line, I come to the show thread to find videos and stories about the concerts and the people that went. I miss Mick Taylor but if every-time they played a song from his era I posted a complaint and someone responded and I reacted then we are way off topic. I could write the complaints days before the show and so could the rest of us, I'm not saying it isn't our right but the concert itself needs a more non-partisan party atmosphere thread so we can find out what actually happened. In the end BV gets pissed, then we loose a top poster, the site goes down a wrung. Better to show respect for the topics from the start.

Date: June 13, 2015 20:59

The Nashville setlist was sooo boring. How can they keep doing that to us?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 20:59

Playing intensity.Keith just plays less..

DECCA61
EasterMan
When you attend the actual show and log in here after, all the setlist ''whining'' seems totally irrelevant, cause when you are there all that matters is how they play, not what the play. However now when I'm not attending the shows, the setlist once again feels very important. So here's todays complaint:

Why is ''Happy'' always so lazy and useless these days?...

Orlando 2015: Zzzzzzz...

MSG 2003: thumbs up

A = A CHUCK ARRANGEMENT ...
B = AGE / VOICE DIFFERENCES
C = HOW WOULD .. PAPERBACK WRITER SOUND IN 2015 .. IF THE BEATLES WERE STIL TOGETHER ...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 21:03 by powerage78.

Date: June 13, 2015 21:07

bv

Mick "Stones-baptized" us by throwing water.

Six days ago I posted this after the Dallas show:

Bring out hoses and water pail for Mick to throw water and confetti at the fans.

See, maybe they do read our posts after all.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:08

Naturalust
One think that just didn't feel right to me last night were the vocals on Gimme Shelter. I truly believe they should drop this tune if this is what they have to offer. The guitars were fine, great even, but can Jagger and Lisa do anything more to butcher what is perhaps one of the best Stones tunes of all time?

peace

you always end with peace, it's great, i like that and I dont mean war with the following

it is just that this comment is funny how demonstrates perfectly the theory of hardcore whining

because you could not make 2 posts. in the first commenting on mmick and lisa the butcher and in the second your opinion on the sound of guitars

no

you have to mention incidentally how god were the guitars to reinforce the whine about mick and lisa and how much they should drop the song from the setlist

so, to sum up, they should drop from the setlist a song in which guitars sound "fine, even great"

grinning smiley

mind that I am not at all against criticism, you criticize what you care about and even what you love..

the limit, imo, is that when you reach the point where you speak out to the woman or the man you love only the things that you dont like about them it is just because, let me put it bluesy, the thrill is gone for you. which is absolutely legitimate. and sometime I feel that myself. I am bored to death by the stones so I go and listen to ten thousand different things. Only difference: I keep coming back. And when I come back I always get caught by the thrill of brown sugar or smile with joy at tumbling dice, enjoy rocks off, smile with irony at the mess of somegirls, mesmerize at the tightness of the last renditions of cyhmk and so on. And if I hear things I dont like I speak out, but not in the thread during the show where I know it is like everyone is "having sex" with the band they love.

About being here during the concert and being rude about not having updates or news or links, all I can say is that I also decided to stop posting periscope links or titles simply because, anyway anyhow anywhere, a stones concert is a ball a feast a party,

but the party was not here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 21:17 by maumau.

Date: June 13, 2015 21:21

DoomandGloom
I'm not saying it isn't our right but the concert itself needs a more non-partisan party atmosphere thread so we can find out what actually happened.

That is not too difficult.

Here is how I see it, if a topic interests me, then I either read it and post to it, or read it and move on. If it does not interest me then guess what I do? You guessed it, I don't bother to open it. I don't need an "atmosphere" to camp out in a thread. I actually enjoy some of the debate while listening to the Periscope feed. Usually the video is horrible, worse than a CAM of a movie. But the sound is just brilliant for a phone feed.

For the record, in all the years I've been here, I've never ever reported a thread. Not my style. I either respond or ignore. Life goes on.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:27

Nikkei
drbryant
It seems that many of the people complaining don't actually go to any shows. It's like people who take the bus and criticize the Porsche. There's a term in English - sour grapes?

I'm always on the bus and like to criticise Porsche. Am I a sour grape?
I was out last night, did anything extraordinary happen?

That's not the right usage. The term "sour grapes" is used to describe a statement, not a person. So, a person who has to take a bus might say "I would rather ride the bus and meet lots of interesting people, than sit alone in a pretentious sports car". The person he is speaking to might say "You are just jealous. That [statement] is sour grapes".

"Sour grapes" comes from an old fable, I think, where someone can't reach some grapes on the vine, and says "Well, I wouldn't want them because they are sour." I should probably look it up. I am sure it's on Wikipedia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 21:30 by drbryant.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:36

maumau
Naturalust
One think that just didn't feel right to me last night were the vocals on Gimme Shelter. I truly believe they should drop this tune if this is what they have to offer. The guitars were fine, great even, but can Jagger and Lisa do anything more to butcher what is perhaps one of the best Stones tunes of all time?

peace

you always end with peace, it's great, i like that and I dont mean war with the following

it is just that this comment is funny how demonstrates perfectly the theory of hardcore whining

because you could not make 2 posts. in the first commenting on mmick and lisa the butcher and in the second your opinion on the sound of guitars

no

you have to mention incidentally how god were the guitars to reinforce the whine about mick and lisa and how much they should drop the song from the setlist

so, to sum up, they should drop from the setlist a song in which guitars sound "fine, even great"

grinning smiley

mind that I am not at all against criticism, you criticize what you care about and even what you love..

the limit, imo, is that when you reach the point where you speak out to the woman or the man you love only the things that you dont like about them it is just because, let me put it bluesy, the thrill is gone for you. which is absolutely legitimate. and sometime I feel that myself. I am bored to death by the stones so I go and listen to ten thousand different things. Only difference: I keep coming back. And when I come back I always get caught by the thrill of brown sugar or smile with joy at tumbling dice, enjoy rocks off, smile with irony at the mess of somegirls, mesmerize at the tightness of the last renditions of cyhmk and so on. And if I hear things I dont like I speak out, but not in the thread during the show where I know it is like everyone is "having sex" with the band they love.

About being here during the concert and being rude about not having updates or news or links, all I can say is that I also decided to stop posting periscope links or titles simply because, anyway anyhow anywhere, a stones concert is a ball a feast a party,

but the party was not here

lol. It's called a reverse shit sandwich maumau. A bit of crap on both sides of a piece of fresh baked bread. My intention in mentioning the good guitars wasn't actually to reinforce the whine about Lisa and Mick but if it somehow did I'm not entirely disappointed about it. grinning smiley It seems logical to me that just because one part of a song is working, another part, like the vocals, can make the overall effect bad enough to consider dropping from the setlist.

But I understand the benefits of keeping it positive and fun during the show. I'm committed to keeping any comments that could possibly be construed as negative out of my posts during the party.

Like all relationships, my one with the Stones is complex and as such is bound to have it's ups and downs. The honeymoon was over a long time ago but I still love 'em and the sex is still good.

peace

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:40

Don't know if already posted, but I found a Video from the soundcheck:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 13, 2015 21:47

drbryant
That's not the right usage. The term "sour grapes" is used to describe a statement, not a person. So, a person who has to take a bus might say "I would rather ride the bus and meet lots of interesting people, than sit alone in a pretentious sports car". The person he is speaking to might say "You are just jealous. That [statement] is sour grapes".

"Sour grapes" comes from an old fable, I think, where someone can't reach some grapes on the vine, and says "Well, I wouldn't want them because they are sour." I should probably look it up. I am sure it's on Wikipedia.

I actually knew that, I believe the fable is from Aesop and involves a fox and a raven =)
Bill once used that to describe how he ISN'T feeling about the Stones if I recall correctly. I meant it tongue in cheek when I called myself a grape.

Other part of my post: Did anything extraordinary happen? If you don't follow live, you're sort of shut out these days.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:51

"Everyone just cool out!"

Personally I am glad to read the setlist complaints along with regular reviews. You guys need to be more tolerant of those who want to complain!

Looking forward to reading more reviews from the show.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:58

God... If some fans were in so bad mood decades ago, if they were judging a rock gig as if it was a microbiological analysis (as they do today), then even "Brussels Affairs" or Hampton 1981 could be considered as "mediocre" shows.

(And I don't mention 1978 tour, which was full of "bum notes"...)

Anyway...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:03

Nikkei
Other part of my post: Did anything extraordinary happen? If you don't follow live, you're sort of shut out these days.

Not that I can tell Nikkei. In fact there is not even a videos thread or many reviews. The general excitement seems somewhat suppressed over the Orlando show. No train wrecks, per se, and no Best Show Ever comments....it's hard to get a feel for what the show was like for those who attended.

peace

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:17

StonedRambler
Don't know if already posted, but I found a Video from the soundcheck:
[www.youtube.com]

Now , you don't see that very often .Looks as if taken by someone working in the stadium.

Big thanks to Cristiano and all the others who posted their positive comments about what seems to me like another great show.

Any Rolling Stones gig with All Down The Line, Bitch, Moonlight Mile and She's so Cold, as well as all the other usual ones ,which is ideal for a stadium gig, I would love it.

My only personal thing is get rid of Doom and Gloom, cos I'm fed up with that one but don't dislike it, and get Keith to do another two songs now and again.
You Got The Silver and Can't Be Seen would be great, but he's got a few more different ones in his back catalogue. Good on yer Keith whatever you do anyway. smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 18 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home