Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 23
Re: Orlando FL USA 12-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 13, 2015 11:17

drbryant
It seems that many of the people complaining don't actually go to any shows. It's like people who take the bus and criticize the Porsche. There's a term in English - sour grapes?

I'm always on the bus and like to criticise Porsche. Am I a sour grape?
I was out last night, did anything extraordinary happen?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2015 11:21

Thanks to 5StringTele and The Worst fo reports from the show!
And to Cristiano for pics and comments.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 11:34

relms
Javadave
Show's almost over, and none of you nankers has posted a setlist? WTF?

Seems like people who were posting the songs and scope links tonight, and were happy to do that, grew weary of the constant whiner posts here tonight and went off to listen to the show without the distraction of all of the whiner posts.

Thanks to all the great scopers who provided solid feeds for most of the evening, I sure do appreciate it.

You mean all the posts whining about what other people post? I agree, it's a major distraction. I like to read what other people think about the music, not other people whining that the whole world does not agree with them.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 13, 2015 11:53

Cristiano Radtke
Thanks for the compliments, everyone! It's very appreciated. smileys with beer

Love you!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 13, 2015 12:09

When you attend the actual show and log in here after, all the setlist ''whining'' seems totally irrelevant, cause when you are there all that matters is how they play, not what the play. However now when I'm not attending the shows, the setlist once again feels very important. So here's todays complaint:

Why is ''Happy'' always so lazy and useless these days?...

Orlando 2015: Zzzzzzz...

MSG 2003: thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 12:21 by EasterMan.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 13, 2015 12:50

[m.youtube.com]

She's so cold sounds tight smiling smiley never a huge fan of the song but I think this works!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 13:05

Why ?

Because no riff, no rhythm guitar.

EasterMan
When you attend the actual show and log in here after, all the setlist ''whining'' seems totally irrelevant, cause when you are there all that matters is how they play, not what the play. However now when I'm not attending the shows, the setlist once again feels very important. So here's todays complaint:

Why is ''Happy'' always so lazy and useless these days?...

Orlando 2015: Zzzzzzz...

MSG 2003: thumbs up

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 13, 2015 13:14

You are speaking for me. The whiners who feel obligated to show up and post the exact same whines during every live show, while the show is going on, are a drag. Tonight they were worse than usual. It seems odd that one second some of these people are doing nothing but whining and bitching and then they claim how much they love the band, then they say BUT and start whining again.

Of course it is their right to whine, but they should not expect people to be posting actual good content like songs played or good periscope links as the whiners add nothing but whines, "boo hoo, where is Mick Taylor" "Boo hoo why is Kieth wearing that color jacket" "Boohoo how come they dont play this song or that song" "its all downhill in the set list from here" Boohoo BOOOHOO BOOHOOBOOHOO"

I love hearing The Stones play live night after night, because if one would listen, one could hear it. IT IS NOT THE SAME SONGS NIGHT AFTER NIGHT!!! It may be called the same name, it may have that name written on the paper, but the songs are played a lil bit different everytime, the weather and crowd affect things, Mick's mood affects things and the different funny things he says. It is always different and exciting. I am also very aware of how rare and fleeting these moments are and someday they wont be at all.

Why the hell people can not just enjoy the show without over analayzing every freeking note is beyond me. IT IS NOT A LECTURE.

I have had fun and did my part to add content (not just a stupid opinion) in all of the threads up until tonight. I started off tonight but then it got too stupid, so I said fk it, I am out. I can have almost as much fun listening to the show away from here and I did.

I am aware this post will not change a thing as the whiners will defend their right to whine until The Stones are no more, then they will whine about that. So many negative nancies here.

I expect that in next show thread again the same whiners will again show up again and whine again the same whine again because mick taylor is not there again, or the name of the song is the same again, or etc etc and I imagine at some point that may be all there is i nthese threads, just whiners, who if anyone notices do not post much actual content, all they do is whine their opinions. That is not content. Then the whiners whine "why is no one posting the songs being played or descriptions of what is going on or periscope links". Maybe the people who do that left the thread because there were too many whiners.

So good to read this - totalsuperagreement!

Date: June 13, 2015 13:26

powerage78
Why ?

Good point, the key is also lower and the tempo quite a bit slower, which makes the whole thing seem less exciting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 13:27 by EasterMan.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: June 13, 2015 13:47

powerage78
Why ?

So true. Bring back Blondie >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 13:48 by firebird.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 13, 2015 13:48

Rokyfan
relms
Javadave
Show's almost over, and none of you nankers has posted a setlist? WTF?

Seems like people who were posting the songs and scope links tonight, and were happy to do that, grew weary of the constant whiner posts here tonight and went off to listen to the show without the distraction of all of the whiner posts.

Thanks to all the great scopers who provided solid feeds for most of the evening, I sure do appreciate it.

You mean all the posts whining about what other people post? I agree, it's a major distraction. I like to read what other people think about the music, not other people whining that the whole world does not agree with them.

Did you have something to add here or were you just whining to whine because you like to whine? People complaining about the same song names being played on a tour adds nothing to a live show thread conversation and posting that exact same complaint in every live show threads just clogs it all up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 13:53 by relms.

Date: June 13, 2015 13:57

Irix
relms

Was the Shark hers too? I didnt know that. I am mainly going off of what she said on her instagram [instagram.com] ""highschoolexileMy first litho/shirt of the #zipcode tour!! Eeeeep!! Can't wait to see it out in the stands! ^o^ #stonesorlando #stoneszip""

Yep - the Shark was her first Litho/Shirt: [www.iorr.org] - and it was her first on the 14-on-Fire Tour. Now the Alligator is her first Litho/Shirt on the ZIP-Code Tour ....

Thank you Irix for the clarification. I hope Charlotte has a couple of more posters on this tour (and then more down in South America) when they are the right fit.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 13, 2015 14:49

Completely missed this one - I was busy getting drowned on the Isle of Wight. Good line up but pouring rain all through Counting Crows and the Black Keys. Went and hid in the Big Top and heard Sharon Corr instead. Came back to caravan past midnight, dripping, washed mud off feet and fell fast asleep. Will read thread properly when I get home - only little tablet here and s l o w WiFi so no periscopes. Weather much better now. Blur today, lots of good stuff tomorrow, see you all oñ Tuesday.

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 13, 2015 15:10

All, is cool.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 13, 2015 15:30

DandelionPowderman
tumbled
Periscope can suck my ass. everyone turns into a @#$%& zombie on here. @#$%& that shit.

What's your problem??

Perhaps he stubbed his toe just prior to posting...that can really smart

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 13, 2015 15:39

I missed it too, Green Lady. Looking forward to reviews, thanks to Christiano and all for the pics and such. smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 13, 2015 15:54

- "IT IS NOT THE SAME SONGS NIGHT AFTER NIGHT!!!" - That is true. However 15 out of 19 songs are.
- "but the songs are played a lil bit different everytime" - If you put the emphasis on little it may be true (a missed note here and there and things like that). But to me, and many others, they sound pretty much the same. At least when we are talking about the warhorses.
- "It is always different and exciting" - That is of course a matter of opinion. But I don't think it goes for the warhorses.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:03

GJB
[m.youtube.com]

She's so cold sounds tight smiling smiley never a huge fan of the song but I think this works!

Sounds good! Always liked She's so cold. Hoping I get to hear it live again.

Date: June 13, 2015 16:03

I admit you all are correct that most info about shows was posted after the shows,not during, before periscope.

I recently fractured my ankle so I've been home in the p.m.s and get on this site early on show days instead of late or afterwards like I used to do. Didn't realize my own habits.

Question: what's the on-stage chemistry between Mick and Keith like these days?

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:13

Stoneage
- "IT IS NOT THE SAME SONGS NIGHT AFTER NIGHT!!!" - That is true. However 15 out of 19 songs are.
- "but the songs are played a lil bit different everytime" - If you put the emphasis on little it may be true (a missed note here and there and things like that). But to me, and many others, they sound pretty much the same. At least when we are talking about the warhorses.
- "It is always different and exciting" - That is of course a matter of opinion. But I don't think it goes for the warhorses.

I agree with Stoneage and yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion....so this is mine!

This tour is pretty much the 'same old - same old' and to be quite honest I am getting quite sick of a band that has such a huge catalog of well-known yet rarely played songs take your pick - 19th Breakdown - Mothers Little Helper - Let It Bleed - Ruby Tuesday - Waiting on a Friend - Love is Strong - Anybody Seen My Baby - Whip Comes Down - CYHMK - I could go on.

There is no reason they can't rotate TD - GS and Miss You - that frees up two slots and for the love of goodness - drop the non-relevant Doom and Gloom.

I spoke to my wife last night and said that the show I attend this last tour, is going to be my last songs show. Gives me more time for Peter Frampton - RUSH - AC/DC - The Who and numerous other bands that are well-known, but I haven't really focused on, because of my love for the stones. But, if you eat vanilla ice cream every day for 30 years, you eventually get to the point where you want variety.

I believe the stones have hit the wall now, pretty much anyone who has wanted to see them has done so, or there may be others, but they are not big fans and are no way going to pay more than $100.00 to very see an oldies vegas act.

Mick has beaten a dead horse for too long now and he is really losing those who have supported this band for so long. Sad, really sad what they have become. Id Mick Jagger could talk to his 1965 version of himself, he'd kick his own A$$.

Date: June 13, 2015 16:17

Time to abandon this thread to the onslaught of nit pickers, dissectors, minutiae examiners and setlist whiners.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:20

Keef was having an off night, but still put on a great show. The above exchange about Happy is an example of KR kinda "phoning in" his performance. He looked pretty tired and distracted at times, and was probably in need of the mini break built into the schedule after this gig.

I listened to GS again, and I think what happened was that a couple of the quick triplets he added got a little buried in the mix the first time through. The second time through the main riff, there were some sour notes (either the guitar was a little out of tune or he overplayed/stretched the strings a bit). On JJF or SMU, maybe he was deliberately messing with the timing. I could almost see playfully screwing with your bandmates as a very "Keef" thing to do.

Mick looked like he was loving it, whether he was having fun or not (IDK which). He seemed to be soaking it all in. We noticed he was making eye contact with the people in the first few rows -- like he was studying the fans. I don't recall him doing that on past tours, in fact I think he had a bit of a reputation for starring out over everybody's heads (I saw him doing just that the one time I was in the front row for a Stones concert).

The problem of drunkenness in the crowd was because the vendors were not allowed to sell soft drinks. I went through every "refreshment" vendor booth between my seat and the far end of the stadium, asking for a Coke or Pepsi. A couple of them thought there may have been a vendor around on the other side of the stadium, but most said they didn't know. I finally begged a bartender to let me buy a Pepsi, and he was kind enough to just give one to me. I left a twenty in his tip jar for that.

Posted by: LadyJane ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:34

Thanks to all who provided periscope links. Periscope has taken this Tour to a whole new level of enjoyment for me and those who cannot be at the shows.

Great pics Cristiano Radtke!!! Many many thanks!!!

Date: June 13, 2015 16:42

Taz22 -- sounds like you might have been burned out on their "songs shows" for some time now. I think we'd all agree, DO NOT go to another Stones Show.
I suspect the band itself would tell you that too. Bet they won't miss you.

The "boys" might be energized by folks who never saw them before or, in fact, a new generation of fan who want the old favorites they play. It's not about what we want. They've given us plenty over the years.

Date: June 13, 2015 16:48

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
relms
Cristiano Radtke
Thanks for the compliments, everyone! It's very appreciated. smileys with beer

But I must admit it's hard to follow the updates when we have a lot of whining here. We all know that the Stones don't surprises us with their setlists at least since 2013 - I mean, we can maybe have 2, 3 or 4 songs that can amazes us, but that's all. We all know they will play the same 14-16 songs everytime.

I can't speak on behalf of anybody here, but when we have a Stones concert going on we're supposed to have a lot of fun, even for those who stay at their homes. I know a lot of people who were at every concert this year and I feel happy for them, and happy for being able to be following the concert at my own home (by the Twitter and Instagram pics and the Periscope feeds). I do have a lot of fun myself these times, and that's only because of this I keep on posting here all the info I can find.

You are speaking for me. The whiners who feel obligated to show up and post the exact same whines during every live show, while the show is going on, are a drag. Tonight they were worse than usual. It seems odd that one second some of these people are doing nothing but whining and bitching and then they claim how much they love the band, then they say BUT and start whining again.

Of course it is their right to whine, but they should not expect people to be posting actual good content like songs played or good periscope links as the whiners add nothing but whines, "boo hoo, where is Mick Taylor" "Boo hoo why is Kieth wearing that color jacket" "Boohoo how come they dont play this song or that song" "its all downhill in the set list from here" Boohoo BOOOHOO BOOHOOBOOHOO"

I love hearing The Stones play live night after night, because if one would listen, one could hear it. IT IS NOT THE SAME SONGS NIGHT AFTER NIGHT!!! It may be called the same name, it may have that name written on the paper, but the songs are played a lil bit different everytime, the weather and crowd affect things, Mick's mood affects things and the different funny things he says. It is always different and exciting. I am also very aware of how rare and fleeting these moments are and someday they wont be at all.

Why the hell people can not just enjoy the show without over analayzing every freeking note is beyond me. IT IS NOT A LECTURE.

I have had fun and did my part to add content (not just a stupid opinion) in all of the threads up until tonight. I started off tonight but then it got too stupid, so I said fk it, I am out. I can have almost as much fun listening to the show away from here and I did.

I am aware this post will not change a thing as the whiners will defend their right to whine until The Stones are no more, then they will whine about that. So many negative nancies here.

I expect that in next show thread again the same whiners will again show up again and whine again the same whine again because mick taylor is not there again, or the name of the song is the same again, or etc etc and I imagine at some point that may be all there is i nthese threads, just whiners, who if anyone notices do not post much actual content, all they do is whine their opinions. That is not content. Then the whiners whine "why is no one posting the songs being played or descriptions of what is going on or periscope links". Maybe the people who do that left the thread because there were too many whiners.

tl/dr I agree with you 110% Cristiano.

Indeed, and I think tonight we had more whiners than we usually have during the concerts perhaps on this whole year (I can't tell about the LA and San Diego concerts because I wasn't able to follow the updates here), but tonight there were times that I felt really upset about this.

On a bad comparison, you don't tell jokes on a funeral trying to cheer up the friends and relatives of the deceased. On the same way, when everybody is trying to have some fun here, you don't need to be negative all the time. Just saying.

Wow that's more whining than all the whining on all the live show threads combined.

peace

yeah, this guy, on the board for two months. posted, what 50 posts in the thread? Nothing about music, all about knocking what other people post. When he grows up, maybe he will realize that adults disagree and it shouldn't bother him so and you can enjoy the music without doubting whether you should or not because of what other people say.

Date: June 13, 2015 16:51

5stringTele
On JJF or SMU, maybe he was deliberately messing with the timing.

Good observationthumbs up, there has been other shows in the past when he has done that, it all seems to depend on which mode he's in. Here's a clip from 2003, where he deliberately messes with the timing on his riffs:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-13 16:53 by EasterMan.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:54

Jesse
It's not about what we want.

Sadly......it is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Don't fool yourself for one second into thinking it is anything else.

Date: June 13, 2015 16:54

Rokyfan

yeah, this guy, on the board for two months. posted, what 50 posts in the thread? Nothing about music, all about knocking what other people post. When he grows up, maybe he will realize that adults disagree and it shouldn't bother him so and you can enjoy the music without doubting whether you should or not because of what other people say.

You just never with the stop with whining, eh? and always whining in defense of your right to whine. Dont worry there are enough of you whiners that you can all keep preaching to the choir in support each other's right to whine and no one will take away your right to whine. Carry on.

Posted by: horns2181 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 16:58

Date: June 13, 2015 17:03

relms
Rokyfan

You just never with the stop with whining, eh? and always whining in defense of your right to whine. Dont worry there are enough of you whiners that you can all keep preaching to the choir in support each other's right to whine and no one will take away your right to whine. Carry on.
i think it's my second post on the thread. the only thing i said was i liked the shirts. I defend Other people's rights to say what they want. That makes me a whiner. Is anyone on the thread other than you not a 'whiner' or are you just using the word like Lenny Bruce did with the N word, repeat it over and over to make a point. If you are a parodist, you do a pretty good job.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2224
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home