Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: From the Vaults Hyde Park 69
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 2, 2015 15:37

DandelionPowderman
vancouver
why so much about the guitars out of tune ????

it's rock and roll

Keith's very first gig with open tuned guitars, testing new equipment, they hadn't played live for two years AND they were stones outta their minds smiling smiley

There's a slight chance the NME gig in 1968 was the first open tuned gig for Keith.

I love the Hyde Park show, it truly is a one-off. Yes they are out of tune here and there, but so are the amazing Roundhouse and Leeds 1971 gigs.

Mathijs

Date: June 2, 2015 15:40

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
vancouver
why so much about the guitars out of tune ????

it's rock and roll

Keith's very first gig with open tuned guitars, testing new equipment, they hadn't played live for two years AND they were stones outta their minds smiling smiley

There's a slight chance the NME gig in 1968 was the first open tuned gig for Keith.

I love the Hyde Park show, it truly is a one-off. Yes they are out of tune here and there, but so are the amazing Roundhouse and Leeds 1971 gigs.

Mathijs

Yeah, true.

Ignoring the worst out of tune songs, the HP-versions of JJF, HTW, MR and a few others are really good, imo.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 2, 2015 16:09

Above all, this show is the first live performance of a lot of tracks that will become stones classics.
Historical show, incredible setlist... this "From The Vaults" project is very promising!

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: June 2, 2015 16:42

I think the best buy sticker is very promising but has anyone found any other second source confirmation on this?

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 3, 2015 05:20

>Way too much effort for something that already has a DVD/Bluray release.

There is no prior release in Region 1.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 3, 2015 06:02

I think it was included for the first time in the U.S. In one of the Sweet Summer Sun deluxe box sets.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 3, 2015 06:29

I just noticed from looking at the Eagle Rock site that there's a 'Ladies & Gentlemen the Rolling Stones' DVD in Blu Ray? Does anyone have this? Is the sound better than the crap on my official DVD?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 3, 2015 06:39

donvis
I think it was included for the first time in the U.S. In one of the Sweet Summer Sun deluxe box sets.

You're right, minus the bonus material included outside Region 1 -- I stand corrected, I had forgotten about that.

Posted by: JustAnotherFan ()
Date: June 3, 2015 07:15

24FPS
I just noticed from looking at the Eagle Rock site that there's a 'Ladies & Gentlemen the Rolling Stones' DVD in Blu Ray? Does anyone have this? Is the sound better than the crap on my official DVD?

Listen to the 'Ladies & Gentlemen' DVD in stereo, not the surround mixes, same with the Blu-Ray, and any digital download (iTunes). It sounds great in stereo. It's quieter than a lot of modern recordings, but quiet isn't awful. It's far from a lot of compression we hear these days, though there are a few digital artifacts on the iTunes version, some of the cymbal action and crowd noise sounds a little off, but not terribly so.

BTW, very excited about the archival releases! I'm particularly excited about 'Leeds.' A $3 'Hyde Park' would be great!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 07:21 by JustAnotherFan.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: June 3, 2015 09:57

JustAnotherFan
Listen to the 'Ladies & Gentlemen' DVD in stereo, not the surround mixes, same with the Blu-Ray, and any digital download (iTunes). It sounds great in stereo. It's quieter than a lot of modern recordings, but quiet isn't awful. It's far from a lot of compression we hear these days, though there are a few digital artifacts on the iTunes version, some of the cymbal action and crowd noise sounds a little off, but not terribly so.

BTW, very excited about the archival releases! I'm particularly excited about 'Leeds.' A $3 'Hyde Park' would be great!

1. There is an iTunes version of Ladies and Gentlemen... ?

2. I believe it's not a $3 HP, but a $3 "off the price of" HP. But, agreed, a $3 HP would be great.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 3, 2015 12:51

Truly looking forward to this one.

If they are able of doing what they did to Leeds, I bet this will soon be a favorite here.

What I love of this concert is that most of the arrangements come directly form the studio. The songs are more articulated, as opposed to the end of the tour version you find on Ya Ya.

Devil was extremely interesting and modern (why didn't they re-do it this way in 2012 with the gorilla percussionist and Taylor on lead remains one of the greatest missed opportunities of the anniversary tour)

As for the guitars being out of tune, it's a problem when you have one guitar out and all the others on pitch, but when they all are out of tune, the mix produces some interesting sounds.

C

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 3, 2015 14:11

nankerphlege
I think the best buy sticker is very promising but has anyone found any other second source confirmation on this?

A Google search did not throw up any other references to this release. There is nothing listed on Amazon.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 3, 2015 14:26

Alea iacta est now, so they cannot but release the whole HP 69 gig in the best audio and video possible.

Date: June 3, 2015 15:57

smokeydusky
JustAnotherFan

1. There is an iTunes version of Ladies and Gentlemen... ?

2. I believe it's not a $3 HP, but a $3 "off the price of" HP. But, agreed, a $3 HP would be great.

1. Yes, I think on iTunes it's $13.99(US) for the HD version and there used to be a Standard Definition version for $7.99(US). I don't know that the HD version is that much better looking, either. They both have some film grain, though the colors are spectacular on both HD and SD. Off iTunes, the sound almost sounds the same as the Dolby Digital on DVD, slightly more digitally compressed; mix is the exact same. It feels more like an album when it's on your i-Phone ready for listening at any time. smiling smiley It's at:
[itunes.apple.com]

2. Whoops. Well, a $3 Hyde Park would have been awesome. My misunderstanding. LOL! In the immortal words of Emily Litella, "...Nevermind..."

I'm still looking forward to the 'Leeds' release, though I will only pay iTunes prices for it, too expensive in the CD package for me. I'd love to have it on CD, but it's too much and I don't need the remaster of Sticky Fingers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 16:02 by JustAnotherFan.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 16:24

love all these vault releases, how many years have we been waiting for all this stuff??? amazing!

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: June 3, 2015 17:18

I typed "From the Vault Hyde Park" into Amazon search bar, and an item came up, no image.....but Eagle Rock was listed in details....July 24, 2015 as a release date? I know that the Tuesday release dates were supposed to switch over to Fridays this summer....sooooo....??

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 3, 2015 17:25

floodonthepage
I typed "From the Vault Hyde Park" into Amazon search bar, and an item came up, no image.....but Eagle Rock was listed in details....July 24, 2015 as a release date? I know that the Tuesday release dates were supposed to switch over to Fridays this summer....sooooo....??

[www.amazon.com]

It is on, actually! Cool stuff!!!!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 3, 2015 17:36

Wicked!

Seems like Mick have put his perfectionisms behind once and for all, at least when it comes to vault releases. No overdubes on the SF Deluxe, and releases of sloppy shows like LA '75, Marquee '71 and Hyde Park '69. >grinning smiley<

Time for MSG '69 anytime soon? smiling bouncing smiley

Date: June 3, 2015 17:57

LieB
Wicked!

Seems like Mick have put his perfectionisms behind once and for all, at least when it comes to vault releases. No overdubes on the SF Deluxe, and releases of sloppy shows like LA '75, Marquee '71 and Hyde Park '69. >grinning smiley<

This is great news! But sloppy shows?? Stellar gigs, man! I have high expectations of this new vault release: THE Hyde Park gig!

Well, give us indeed also a full concert DVD from 1969 and please a release of one of the best 1970 gigs (show is not an apt word during this era!) and then please a release in great audio from the 1972 tour, including Ventilator Blues and Torn and Frayed. And of course the Nicaraguan Earth Quake Victims concert from 1973 Jan. 18, the profit of which will of course go to the Nepalese earth quake victims. And finally the Berlin 1973 concert. That would be wonderful, wouldn't it?

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 3, 2015 18:00

LieB

No way.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 3, 2015 18:04

Yep, those are some of my very favourites too, kleerie.
When I wrote ”sloppy”, I meant relatively sloppy ... those are all lovely and historically important shows but there are better ones from each one of those years. The amount of film is probably limited, though; I'm not holding my breath for pro shot DVDs of Norfolk '72 or Essen '70. smiling smiley

Gotta say I'm real happy about the Roundhouse tracks. I haven't gotten around to listening to the official Leeds '71 yet, but that's another one of those shows some people love and some think is mediocre but which is of course pretty darned good compared to most things. smiling smiley

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 3, 2015 18:15

I know what the Stones have given Eagle Rock To release at some point, while all of the From The Vault series are upgrades of what I already had I'm excited to see things I have NEVER seen...very excited!winking smiley

Date: June 3, 2015 18:21

LieB
I haven't gotten around to listening to the official Leeds '71 yet, but that's another one of those shows some people love and some think is mediocre but which is of course pretty darned good compared to most things. smiling smiley

Funny thing is that some people who didn't like it that much in the past now have changed their minds drastically, because of the new release in stereo. Here you have it:

Date: June 3, 2015 18:48

mnewman505
love all these vault releases, how many years have we been waiting for all this stuff??? amazing!

How many years? FOREVER! I've no complaints about their Vaults these days.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 3, 2015 19:02

JustAnotherFan
mnewman505

How many years? FOREVER! I've no complaints about their Vaults these days.

Not exactly forever, but definitely far too long. And too late for some of my fellow fans who followed them since the 60's, unfortunately, who are dead now and would have loved to listen to and watch this stuff. Of course, there were the boots, but it's not the same.

I think it's also too late for the Stones to create the commercial and artistic stir this material deserves. Hell, they had periods of inactivity in the past decades when these releases would have fit wonderfully into the space under the Christmas tree...

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: June 3, 2015 19:45

The Amazon site lists an item which is a single disc and is in color and NTSC televison standard.
I fear that this release is merely the stand-alone version the the Hyde Park 69 disc which was included in the Deluxe version of "Sweet Summer Sun".
In other words, the same Granada televison doocumentary that has been around for decades....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 3, 2015 20:04

I'm not married to the idea of particular concerts in their entirety. I wish they could do what Led Zeppelin did a few years back and release a hodge podge DVD of whatever can be found.

Date: June 3, 2015 20:11

thkbeercan
The Amazon site lists an item which is a single disc and is in color and NTSC televison standard.
I fear that this release is merely the stand-alone version the the Hyde Park 69 disc which was included in the Deluxe version of "Sweet Summer Sun".
In other words, the same Granada televison doocumentary that has been around for decades....

I think you're right. Sigh ...

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 3, 2015 20:17

kleermaker
thkbeercan

I think you're right. Sigh ...

If this concert is released in the ''From The Valut'' I'm sure it will be the whole concert. All the concerts released so far in that series has been complete LA 75, Hampton 81, Marquee 71.

Ladies And Gentlemen was not a complete concert, but neither released in the From The Valut series.

If this release was just another repackage of the Granada documentary, it would not have been released as ''From The Valut''.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 20:19 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: jsz1002 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 20:18

Amazon descriptions are not always right and tend to have a lot of mistakes when first listed.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home