Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13
Re: From the Vaults Hyde Park 69
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 3, 2015 21:55

thkbeercan
The Amazon site lists an item which is a single disc and is in color and NTSC televison standard.
I fear that this release is merely the stand-alone version the the Hyde Park 69 disc which was included in the Deluxe version of "Sweet Summer Sun".
In other words, the same Granada televison doocumentary that has been around for decades....

my sweet summer sun deluxe version didn't include a hyde park 69 disc.

I don't think it's the Granada TV version which is to be released,because it's available for some time in different formats.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 3, 2015 22:01

24FPS
I'm not married to the idea of particular concerts in their entirety. I wish they could do what Led Zeppelin did a few years back and release a hodge podge DVD of whatever can be found.

This is a good idea if there are only snippets available that aren't enough to make up a whole complete concert dvd. If they release, say half of MSG '69, we'll all be craving for the rest. On the other hand, I thought some of the LA '75 dvd was dragging in some parts; they could probably have made a great '75-76 dvd compiled with the best songs recorded from that era.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 22:50

I would hope for complete audio. I wouldn't expect a complete DVD.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 3, 2015 23:10

NZentgraf Hyde Park info

690704C 4th - 5th July (and maybe some days before): London, Apple Studios.
Rehearsals for the upcoming gig at London, Hyde Park. Incl.
- I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (Redding/Butler) -unconfirmed

690705A 5th July: UK TV (Granada) 'Stones In The Park', London. Telerecording.
- interview with MJ by Jo Durden Smith

690705B 5th July: London, Hyde Park, Cockpit Area
(I'm Yours And I'm Hers [backstage rehearsal]/Adonais [Eulogy for Brian Jones]/
I'm Yours And I'm Hers/Jumping Jack Flash/Mercy Mercy/Stray Cat Blues/
No Expectations/I'm Free/Down Home Girl/Love In Vain/Loving Cup/Honky Tonk
Women/Midnight Rambler/Satisfaction/Street Fighting Man/Sympathy For The Devil)
Note: Additional musicians on Sympathy For The Devil: Ginger Johnson's African
Drummers (perc)/Rocky Dijon (perc).
Adonais is a poem by Percy Shelley, read (in parts) by MJ.
Soundboard recording was made by Ray Prickett for Granada Television with
the Pye Mobile Recording Studio.

690705C 5th July: UK TV ( ), various newscasts, London.
- reports on the free concert at Hyde Park

690705D July: UK news-film (British Pathé) for cinemas, report on Hyde Park 5.7.:
- I'm Yours And I'm Hers (Johnny Winter) -part only
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR) -part only

690802A 2nd August: German TV (Radio Bremen) ‘Beat Club’. Incl.
- footage from Hyde Park-gig
- footage from BJ’s funeral

690902A 2nd September: UK TV (Granada) 'The Stones In The Park', TV-premiere.
Directors: Jo Durden-Smith and Leslie Woodward. Sound recording:
Ray Prickett. Recorded on the 5th of July in London, Hyde Park. Incl.:
- Midnight Rambler (MJ/KR) -part only
- interview with MJ by Jo Durden-Smith
- Street Fighting Man (MJ/KR) -part only
- Satisfaction (MJ/KR) -part only
- I'm Free (MJ/KR)
- I'm Yours And I'm Hers (Johnny Winter) -instrumental rehearsal
- Adonais (Percy Bysske Shelley) -poem, spoken by MJ
- I'm Yours And I'm Hers (Johnny Winter)
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR)
- Honky Tonk Women (MJ/KR)
- Love In Vain (Robert Johnson)
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR)
Note: For more info see 690705A/B.

The current DVD of Hyde Park 1969 is incomplete:

Setlist
DVD tracklisting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-03 23:15 by Father Ted.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 3, 2015 23:26

That setlist (the complete one from Hyde Park '69) is indeed fookin' epic.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: June 3, 2015 23:29

Bob Clearmountain is a genius, but he'll have his work cut out for him to make Hyde Park 1969 sound good. I'm talking the quality of the recording, not the performance. Recording engineers started making good live recordings in the late 1960s. Woodstock is an example. Listen to Gimme Shelter. The recording quality of the MSG shows is much better than the recording quality of the Altamont performance.

Nowadays they've almost gone too far. Live recordings sound like they were done in a studio. I like the raw, but very listenable quality of Ya Ya's and Love You Live.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 4, 2015 00:02

1969Fan
Bob Clearmountain is a genius, but he'll have his work cut out for him to make Hyde Park 1969 sound good. I'm talking the quality of the recording, not the performance. Recording engineers started making good live recordings in the late 1960s. Woodstock is an example. Listen to Gimme Shelter. The recording quality of the MSG shows is much better than the recording quality of the Altamont performance.

Nowadays they've almost gone too far. Live recordings sound like they were done in a studio. I like the raw, but very listenable quality of Ya Ya's and Love You Live.

thumbs up Your right nothing beats the simple 60's and 70's live recordings especially the mix between the music and audience as if you are sitting in between them...starting from the 80's when they start to play live they mixed out the audience........

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 4, 2015 01:05

I've got the Sweet Summer Sun Deluxe so if there's no cd, count me out.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 04:50

mitch
If the Abkco era shows may also be considered on the "From the vault" series, we can hope to hear stuff from a not so well documented live period.

LieB
I'm not convinced this will be released at all, but if it will, I'll take it.
Still, I think they could release loads of other stuff that's better from the same era. I suppose, picture-wise there is not a terrible amount recorded. But why not the complete Madison Square Garden '69 films?

Whole heartedly agree.

Yes, it is poorly documented. All we have as far as live footage goes is the Gimmie Shelter film/Altamont stuff and Hyde Park, which neither properly represent the 69 tour or era.

I'll still gladly accept this IF there's a MSG 69 dvd on the horizon to "set the record straight" about the 69 era.

Is there an issue with acquiring the footage?? Do the Maysles brothers still own it??

I wonder...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 04:51 by achilles77.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 4, 2015 05:32

RipThisBone
Tate
Oops I guess there is no Under My Thumb on that one... I am thinking of Ya Ya's... And Mercy, Mercy is what I was thinking of.... Awesome version.

and there is Down Home Girl!

A really cool 'I'm Free' too, if I am correct on it being from that show.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 4, 2015 10:37

achilles77
mitch
If the Abkco era shows may also be considered on the "From the vault" series, we can hope to hear stuff from a not so well documented live period.

LieB
Still, I think they could release loads of other stuff that's better from the same era. I suppose, picture-wise there is not a terrible amount recorded. But why not the complete Madison Square Garden '69 films?

Whole heartedly agree.

Yes, it is poorly documented. All we have as far as live footage goes is the Gimmie Shelter film/Altamont stuff and Hyde Park, which neither properly represent the 69 tour or era.

I'll still gladly accept this IF there's a MSG 69 dvd on the horizon to "set the record straight" about the 69 era.

Is there an issue with acquiring the footage?? Do the Maysles brothers still own it??

I wonder...

Someone has posted here before about attending a private screening with one of the Maysles brothers. Can't remember whether it was the complete Stones Altamont performance they saw or another complete '69 show but the rumour mill, such as it is, suggests entire live performances from the 1969 tour do still exist, somewhere.

Date: June 4, 2015 10:39

LeonidP
RipThisBone
Tate
Oops I guess there is no Under My Thumb on that one... I am thinking of Ya Ya's... And Mercy, Mercy is what I was thinking of.... Awesome version.

and there is Down Home Girl!

A really cool 'I'm Free' too, if I am correct on it being from that show.

They had a nice little Out Of Our Heads-set in that show smiling smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 4, 2015 14:14

Father Ted
achilles77
mitch

LieB

Whole heartedly agree.

I wonder...

Someone has posted here before about attending a private screening with one of the Maysles brothers. Can't remember whether it was the complete Stones Altamont performance they saw or another complete '69 show but the rumour mill, such as it is, suggests entire live performances from the 1969 tour do still exist, somewhere.

yep it was a MSG show.
there was also either a typo or some copyright problem back when they were going to release the criterion deluxe gimme shelter dvd with bonus material..it had mentioned the bonus footage included as being stray cat blue and midnight rambler (I think).
This was replaced by Carol and Little Queenie...

Date: June 5, 2015 05:13

Eleanor Rigby
Father Ted
achilles77
mitch

LieB

Whole heartedly agree.

I wonder...

yep it was a MSG show.
there was also either a typo or some copyright problem back when they were going to release the criterion deluxe gimme shelter dvd with bonus material..it had mentioned the bonus footage included as being stray cat blue and midnight rambler (I think).
This was replaced by Carol and Little Queenie...

That's interesting. Let's hope that they can sort out whatever issues there may be regarding the footage and/or the songs themselves, and get a complete MSG show on dvd soon.

For me, now that L&G TRS has been released, this is the holy grail of unreleased live stones concert footage.

It MUST get a release someday soon!!

Date: June 9, 2015 04:27

muenke
[www.amazon.com]

It is on, actually! Cool stuff!!!!

[www.blu-ray.com]

56 minutes long?!?!

Can't be the full show, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 04:27 by achilles77.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:43

Ugh 56 minutes? Starting to sound like a serious let down

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 9, 2015 06:02

DrPete

Maybe the movie will be released along with a complete audio show on CD.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 9, 2015 06:05

kowalski
DrPete

The extended japaneese Blu ray is 56 minutes so I seriously hope its not just a rerelease of exactly what I already own. So a complete audio would be amazing BUT the Amazon order just lists 1 disc

Date: June 9, 2015 07:24

None of the From the Vault releases have been video only.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 9, 2015 07:56

achilles77
muenke
[www.amazon.com]

It is on, actually! Cool stuff!!!!

[www.blu-ray.com]

56 minutes long?!?!

Can't be the full show, right?
The 56 minute version is already available in the UK on Blu.

[networkonair.com]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 9, 2015 08:06

DrPete
kowalski
DrPete

The extended japaneese Blu ray is 56 minutes so I seriously hope its not just a rerelease of exactly what I already own. So a complete audio would be amazing BUT the Amazon order just lists 1 disc

From the vault releases are available as stand alone DVD too : [www.amazon.com]

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 9, 2015 12:12

bonddm
[networkonair.com]

Strange, it doesn't have the usual "Rolling Stones From The Vault" banner on it.
The bonus are weird and not always pertinent like the other "From The Vault" releases.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: June 9, 2015 12:16

Ive got this blu-ray already a couple years ago.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 9, 2015 14:23

mitch
bonddm
[networkonair.com]

Strange, it doesn't have the usual "Rolling Stones From The Vault" banner on it.
The bonus are weird and not always pertinent like the other "From The Vault" releases.

This will NOT be the vault-release ... The link directs to a bluray-release, a couple of years old. I think we will have to wait, until this is announced officially by eagle rock ... It´s pretty hard, to stay Patient, anyway!

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 12, 2015 11:58

Strange:

Amazon has this listed with the pic of Sweet Summer Sun?!?!?

[www.amazon.com]

Date: June 13, 2015 19:33

muenke
Strange:

[www.amazon.com]

Yes, I saw that to. No idea what that's all about. I would imagine an announcement VERY soon if that release date is true. (Probably not). My guess is that it might be pushed back at this point.

Date: June 19, 2015 01:08

muenke
Strange:

[www.amazon.com]

It's corrected now. Looks good. Waiting for the official announcement and details.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 01:09 by achilles77.

Date: June 19, 2015 01:19

It would be disappointing if there were no extended and hopefully remixed audio/CD.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 19, 2015 01:58

Was this concert recorded with their mobile studio?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 19, 2015 05:21

It's got to be an official release, they took Bill off of the cover.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home