Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: From the Vaults Hyde Park 69
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 14, 2015 07:08

Christ I just watched SFTD Hyde Park 1969 for the first time. I had NO idea it was filmed like this at all. Meaning, this good. I thought the camera spent more time on the crowd than the Stones or Mick. SFTD was way cool w/ the bongo players.

My thoughts were many, mainly day and night (literally) from Altamont. Seeing the high girls climb on stage with no barriers, then manhandled off was disturbing a bit, but the kool-aid served there had extra doses of mellow free love. After cringing at the no security knowing the future, it shot to Charlie playing amazing w/ energy- God, their youth, moves, Mick Taylor.

Need to see whole thing.

Date: August 14, 2015 08:02

Is this version of SftD the full jam, or do they cut it up?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 14, 2015 19:50

It was full jam. Assuming full jam is on this new vault release- which I am going to purchase. It's an historic piece to own, telling myself, cha-ching keep adding up RS purchases...

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: August 14, 2015 19:55

no editing on sympathy for the devil ???

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: August 15, 2015 09:52

"Sympathy For The Devil" is a few notes longer at the end on the Japanese blu-ray. Also, has anyone noticed that, from the first song to the last, it seems a little slow i.e. off pitch? Though not as "flat-sounding" as the previous version.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 16, 2015 17:26

And this does not come as a cd/dvd combo? It's just the DVDs? I'll pass.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 16, 2015 17:40

For some reason I've always had a soft spot for this concert and the film, weird edits and all.

Have yet to own it on DVD though.

Date: August 16, 2015 17:50

Deltics
A complete concert video would be great but I'll believe it when I see it although complete versions of "Stray Cat Blues" and "No Expectations" do exist.

Ragged, but @#$%& glorious!

hot smiley

Date: August 16, 2015 18:10

Just noticed during the part when Sam Cutler is talking about people feeling ill from the sun that there is a couple of short notes played on a mellotron... This must have been just before King Crimson started to play. grinning smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 16, 2015 18:30

Is that Mick Taylor, or an extra transported through time from Errol Flynn's, The Adventures Of Robin Hood?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 16, 2015 19:03

Without the video I'm afraid this performance doesn't stand on it's own too well. The out of tune guitars and less than inspiring vocals make these guys sound like a bad bar band, imo. I think the legend of the show far exceeds the quality of the music.

It's historically significant being Taylor's first show and interesting for sure but with a couple of exceptions, it's hard to listen to the audio alone, imo.

Date: August 16, 2015 20:40

I don't agree, there's many a fine moment within the ragged tuning and mistakes. Also, they still seem to have much of the rawness of the Jones era, but with a bit of a boost in the overall musicianship.

So, an emotionally, historically and musically interesting release on DVD and/or just as something to listen to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 20:48 by His Majesty.

Date: August 16, 2015 20:41

His Majesty
Just noticed during the part when Sam Cutler is talking about people feeling ill from the sun that there is a couple of short notes played on a mellotron... This must have been just before King Crimson started to play. grinning smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 16, 2015 22:51

Naturalust
Without the video I'm afraid this performance doesn't stand on it's own too well. The out of tune guitars and less than inspiring vocals make these guys sound like a bad bar band, imo. I think the legend of the show far exceeds the quality of the music.

It's historically significant being Taylor's first show and interesting for sure but with a couple of exceptions, it's hard to listen to the audio alone, imo.

Did you already see and hear the DVD from the Vault-release? The out of tune guitars (mainly Keith's though) are in stereo and in better sound quality. Perhaps that compensates for the bar band qualification. cool smiley

Date: August 16, 2015 22:55

kleermaker
Naturalust

Did you already see and hear the DVD from the Vault-release? The out of tune guitars (mainly Keith's though) are in stereo and in better sound quality. Perhaps that compensates for the bar band qualification. cool smiley

I thought it was exactly the same sound quality as on Sweet Summer Sun Deluxe?

Date: August 16, 2015 23:10

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Naturalust

I thought it was exactly the same sound quality as on Sweet Summer Sun Deluxe?

No it isn't, if only because on Sweet Summer Sun Deluxe HP 69 is not in stereo, whilst on the From the Vault version it is all stereo. Alas they removed the two videos Satisfaction and I'm Free from the new Vault-release from YouTube.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: August 18, 2015 19:01

could someone upload an audio rip of the vaults release?

not intersted in the video as there is no improvement but the stereo audio.

Date: August 19, 2015 00:09

eduardoacdc
could someone upload an audio rip of the vaults release?

not intersted in the video as there is no improvement but the stereo audio.

The audio could also be uploaded to YouTube smiling smiley
But I don't have it sad smiley

Date: August 19, 2015 00:13

Are you passing on Taylor's debut concert in stellar stereo, kleerie?

You need to check your temperature! grinning smiley

Date: August 19, 2015 00:19

DandelionPowderman
Are you passing on Taylor's debut concert in stellar stereo, kleerie?

You need to check your temperature! grinning smiley

Tropical disease Dandie!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 19, 2015 00:34

just got mine from amazon for $10 US. had only seen the HTW clip before...so i didn't know exactly what to expect. looked like something happened to expose the film...like a camera with a light leak or something. appears yellowish orange on right side of image.

interesting when mick does the math...saying that the band didn't make much $ doing shows back then.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 01:04

Hyde Park '69 from Sweet Summer Sun is in stereo. It is the same DVD audio and video as From the Vault. All other releases are in mono.

Date: August 19, 2015 01:34

TeddyB1018
Hyde Park '69 from Sweet Summer Sun is in stereo. It is the same DVD audio and video as From the Vault. All other releases are in mono.

So that bonus DVD from the Sweet Summer Sun release is really exactly the same as the From the Vault Hyde Park 1969?

And no one did notice back then that this bonus DVD was the good old Hyde Park movie with stereo sound and also Taylor's solo on I'm Free audible on this bonus DVD? I can hardly believe it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 01:44 by kleermaker.

Date: August 19, 2015 06:15

kleermaker
TeddyB1018

So that bonus DVD from the Sweet Summer Sun release is really exactly the same as the From the Vault Hyde Park 1969?

And no one did notice back then that this bonus DVD was the good old Hyde Park movie with stereo sound and also Taylor's solo on I'm Free audible on this bonus DVD? I can hardly believe it!

Basically, yes. I just checked this. The Sweet Summer Sun has the stereo mix for the Stones in the Park, and MT's solo on I'm Free is audible underneath Jagger's singing on both that and the From the Vault release. The only possible difference is that the Vault release seems to be mastered a bit louder. Other than that, yes, the same and I guess no one here commented at the time.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 19, 2015 06:57

The menu for this is clearly from the Sweet Summer Sun release.

Date: August 19, 2015 16:04

TeddyB1018
kleermaker
TeddyB1018

Basically, yes. I just checked this. The Sweet Summer Sun has the stereo mix for the Stones in the Park, and MT's solo on I'm Free is audible underneath Jagger's singing on both that and the From the Vault release. The only possible difference is that the Vault release seems to be mastered a bit louder. Other than that, yes, the same and I guess no one here commented at the time.

The more strange that they released that From The Vault Hyde Park as a standalone.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 23, 2015 08:01

Deltics
A complete concert video would be great but I'll believe it when I see it although complete versions of "Stray Cat Blues" and "No Expectations" do exist.

What's the source of these complete versions? Has it appeared on any previous official release?

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 23, 2015 08:38

TeddyB1018
kleermaker
TeddyB1018

Is the audio on the Vault release true stereo or is it just enhanced stereo (a reworking of the monomix)?

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: August 23, 2015 09:53

True stereo remix.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: August 23, 2015 12:12

Britney
Deltics

What's the source of these complete versions? Has it appeared on any previous official release?

have I been living under a rock? I haven't seen these before ! thanks Deltics.

No Expectations is one of their best tracks at HP.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2418
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home