Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: From the Vaults Hyde Park 69
Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: August 28, 2015 15:33

pepganzo
DandelionPowderman
Many good performances. My favourite HTW version, for instance.

Some songs suffered by tuning problems, though.
+1

+2

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 6, 2015 00:16

Here's the From the Vault-release Hyde Park 1969 in stereo on YouTube (but alas not available in the US and Canada for obvious reasons):

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-06 00:20 by kleermaker.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 6, 2015 06:51

Sounds clearer, good, but the reverb makes it odd.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: September 6, 2015 13:15

kleermaker
Here's the From the Vault-release Hyde Park 1969 in stereo on YouTube (but alas not available in the US and Canada for obvious reasons):

[www.youtube.com]

Many many thanks my friend.
Is very hard to find a torrent of this release.

Have a nice day.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: September 6, 2015 13:54

pepganzo
kleermaker

[www.youtube.com]

Have a nice day.

There's a torrent of Hyde Park '69 on Demonoid.

Date: September 6, 2015 14:05

Mr.D
pepganzo
kleermaker

[www.youtube.com]

Have a nice day.

Sure but it's not the new edition of the concert.
I think that it's the version published in 2006.

Anyway thank you.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 6, 2015 15:50

His Majesty
Sounds clearer, good, but the reverb makes it odd.

Well, but the reverb is not all too distracting, isn't it? Just listening to the Midnight Rambler Taylor-Keith interplay at the start of the movie again, and in stereo it sounds even more impressing than it already did in mono. If that's not perfect weaving, I don't know what weaving is!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 6, 2015 17:10

No, it isn't distracting, but it makes it sound like they are playing in a concert hall. grinning smiley

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: September 6, 2015 19:04

pepganzo
Mr.D
pepganzo
kleermaker

[www.youtube.com]

Have a nice day.

Sure but it's not the new edition of the concert.

I apologize, I thought that was the new one!
I think that it's the version published in 2006.

Anyway thank you.

Date: September 10, 2015 22:09

The Rolling Stones - Hyde Park 1969 in Stereo: music only with rare footage

On YouTube

Also available in the USA and Canada:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 10, 2015 22:25

kleermaker

On YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

Love the music and the video kleerie! Thanks for this. Can't help wishing the two were synced up a bit more but it's really great anyway, sounds awesome blasting away as I type this.

What strikes me as really interesting is how similar the crowd looks in comparison to American audiences during that same period. That cultural hippy freak thing obviously spread around the world pretty quickly. I'm guessing the music, films and record covers were a big part of it? Hard to imagine anything similar happening in this day and age. I mean what would such a huge youthful cultural change even look like these days?

Date: September 10, 2015 23:13

Naturalust
kleermaker

On YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

Love the music and the video kleerie! Thanks for this. Can't help wishing the two were synced up a bit more but it's really great anyway, sounds awesome blasting away as I type this.

What strikes me as really interesting is how similar the crowd looks in comparison to American audiences during that same period. That cultural hippy freak thing obviously spread around the world pretty quickly. I'm guessing the music, films and record covers were a big part of it? Hard to imagine anything similar happening in this day and age. I mean what would such a huge youthful cultural change even look like these days?

If you want it to be more synced up you have to buy the DVD Naturalust. smiling smiley

As for your comparison of the English and American crowds I think the English crowd was more relaxed and less stressed than the American crowd. The Hells Angels are a good example: in England they seemed quite harmless and mostly provocative, but in the US violence was an essential element, as we could see at Altamont. But overall the post war babyboom generation in the west showed a similar tendency to more freedom and independence I think.

As for the music: I love it too. Only a pity the other songs are missing. In this video there's only a snippet of Street Fighting Man audible (in stereo too!) and it tastes to more: to all songs actually. The missing ones being Mercy Mercy/Stray Cat Blues/No Expectations/Down Home Girl/Loving Cup/(the first part of) Midnight Rambler/Street Fighting Man/Sympathy For The Devil (complete).
Let it loose, I would say!

Date: September 11, 2015 19:10

They platyed a killer version of Jumping Jack Flash at Hyde Park.
I love the sound of the guitars with the stereo mix.
Fantastic.

smoking smiley

Date: September 11, 2015 19:42

pepganzo
They platyed a killer version of Jumping Jack Flash at Hyde Park.
I love the sound of the guitars with the stereo mix.
Fantastic.

smoking smiley

Taylor playing rhythm guitar as sharp as a knife indeed!

Date: September 11, 2015 19:54

Nobody bought this release? Haven't received my copy as yet.

Pirate kleerie makes sure that there will be less royalties for Taylor by distributing official releases winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 11, 2015 20:17

I saw it. First thought was if I want to watch hilarious Stones performances I'll do it on youtube.

Having just listened to one of those youtube links of this show it doesn't sound nearly as bad as some have stated. In fact, it sounds like a rock band finding its feet.

Might have to pick it up after all (along with the SF one).

Date: September 11, 2015 22:14

DandelionPowderman
Nobody bought this release? Haven't received my copy as yet.

Pirate kleerie makes sure that there will be less royalties for Taylor by distributing official releases winking smiley

No worries Dandy, YouTube has a very strict copyright policy! And does MT get royalties from these releases (Brussels, SF, Hyde Park) at all?

Date: September 11, 2015 23:12

Only joking, mate. He should get performance royalties, yes.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 12, 2015 01:18

DandelionPowderman

Pretty sure he does. Some reporter asked Wyman if he was involved in the current releases and he said something to the effect of, "Of course, I'm on them aren't I?" I would imagine contracts covering those periods, when things were split five ways would still be in effect. (Unless Taylor was never a full member). In fact I'd find it interesting to know what Bill's haul has been from all these vault releases he's a part of.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 12, 2015 11:04

Stereo mix sounds much better - and it looks and sound so much better than the version I got on video tape for my 17th birthday in 1987. Wish they'd release this new version in the UK.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 12, 2015 17:11

24FPS
DandelionPowderman

Pretty sure he does. Some reporter asked Wyman if he was involved in the current releases and he said something to the effect of, "Of course, I'm on them aren't I?" I would imagine contracts covering those periods, when things were split five ways would still be in effect. (Unless Taylor was never a full member). In fact I'd find it interesting to know what Bill's haul has been from all these vault releases he's a part of.

Not much. They're not selling millions of copies each. It's probably very little money, at least, in amounts that they're used to making.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 05:38

Is this a full show? What songs are on this?

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: September 16, 2015 20:54

Here's an improved version (better video quality):

[www.youtube.com]

It is of course not the full show, but the old Stones in the Park movie, but this time with STEREO SOUND, which is a BIG IMPROVEMENT.

Date: September 16, 2015 21:00

kleermaker
Here's an improved version (better video quality):

[www.youtube.com]

It is of course not the full show, but the old Stones in the Park movie, but this time with STEREO SOUND, which is a BIG IMPROVEMENT.

Thanks Kleermaker.

They have a great sound here.
. I also think that they were good during all the show: just some mistakes during 'I'm Yours', 'Jumping Jack Flash'' and during ''SFTD''. But this is rock n' roll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-17 00:41 by pepganzo.

Date: September 17, 2015 15:23

Watching the dvd now. Great sound!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 17, 2015 15:39

Date: September 17, 2015 17:59

It was nice seeing it again and getting the stereo mix. But let's face it, the show and the film is not a classic. Maybe I'll check it out again in ten years smiling smiley

Date: September 17, 2015 19:44

DandelionPowderman
It was nice seeing it again and getting the stereo mix. But let's face it, the show and the film is not a classic. Maybe I'll check it out again in ten years smiling smiley

Of course it is a classic, regardless if you check it out again or not. It's even a historal one, for more than one reason.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 17, 2015 20:06

24FPS
DandelionPowderman

Taylor was indeed a full member, at least when they formed Rolling Stones Records and companies under the Promogroup umbrella in 1970. Since Hyde Park preceded that I'm not sure about this release.

As far as him receiving royalties, it seems a fair assumption that since they quit paying him for Sticky Fingers, a record which he was clearly entitled to his 20%, they could just as easily quit paying him for other releases. I hope he is getting his fair share but I kind of doubt it for the reason mentioned above. sad smiley

Date: September 17, 2015 20:56

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Of course it is a classic, regardless if you check it out again or not. It's even a historal one, for more than one reason.

I meant film-wise and music-wise. Of course the event AND the debut of Taylor, Keith's open G guitar and the Hiwatt amps make it a historical show grinning smiley

I'm glad to have it in stereo, but I have probably watched it 50 times - hence it doesn't do much for me anymore.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1990
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home