Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: From the Vaults Hyde Park 69
Posted by: muffie ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:32

vudicus
They would need all the original film elements and would have to edit everything from scratch. Way too much effort for something that already has a DVD/Bluray release.
Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Really lovely of Eagle Rock to organize these top notch remasters for current and future fans to enjoy [www.eagle-rock.com] .

They are obviously fans themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 20:07 by muffie.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:39

When the Sweet Summer Sun deluxe was first announced to have "Hyde Park 1969" many of us got our hopes up for the full show. Unfortunately it turned out to be "Stones In The Park". Here's hoping they are finally releasing it but once bitten, etc.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:31

I have the Granada DVD is the release going to be the same?

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:39

I'm sure this release will include the complete concert, with remastered audio. Otherwise they wouldn't release in the ''From The Valut'' series.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:52

That Eagle Rock page is cool and if they're fans themselves it's good, but I find their approach to our Youtube clips to be arrogant.
They try to have everything taken down that merely relates to the same event as the stuff in their portfolio. Some people want to listen to the original SMU from Hyde Park, dammit.

I am still holding out for the Four Flicks equivalent of 2012-14. (which should of course contain the Waldbühne)

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:07

YAWN...! I want something that I don't have in any condition already! I know they have the four Stripped proshots, I'm hoping to see that before I die...smiling smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 29, 2015 23:03

Don't interesing for me. I think we all have seen Hyde Park '69 on various DVDs and video cassettes.. And for me that's enough because musically it's no real pleasure to me.. Even if remastered I won't like it much - just because of the performance.

I can imagine that many of you who had their youth in those years have special memoirs to it. It had a certain vibe. But I am born much later and I think they played not good at that concert. Though I love Get Yer Ya Yas Out.

Anyway those From-the-vault series are a great idea. I wish they release something from the No Security tour, of course that requires professional video material and I don't know if that is availabe from that tour.
Even better would be those warm-up gigs:
Trabendo, Echoplex and Light The Fuse
Video available for all 3 Shows, as far as I know
Would love to see and hear the 2013 Versions of That's How Strong My Love Is
Little Queenie and Love in Vain.
(of course we don't really know if the whole concerts were filmed and if the Audio from Trabendo & Echoplex is only available as a soundboard recording or if they got a multichannel recording of it)

Of course something from '95 wouldn't be bad too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 23:06 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 23:23

StonedRambler
Don't interesing for me. I think we all have seen Hyde Park '69 on various DVDs and video cassettes.. And for me that's enough because musically it's no real pleasure to me.. Even if remastered I won't like it much - just because of the performance.

I can imagine that many of you who had their youth in those years have special memoirs to it. It had a certain vibe. But I am born much later and I think they played not good at that concert. Though I love Get Yer Ya Yas Out.

Anyway those From-the-vault series are a great idea. I wish they release something from the No Security tour, of course that requires professional video material and I don't know if that is availabe from that tour.
Even better would be those warm-up gigs:
Trabendo, Echoplex and Light The Fuse
Video available for all 3 Shows, as far as I know
Would love to see and hear the 2013 Versions of That's How Strong My Love Is
Little Queenie and Love in Vain.
(of course we don't really know if the whole concerts were filmed and if the Audio from Trabendo & Echoplex is only available as a soundboard recording or if they got a multichannel recording of it)

Of course something from '95 wouldn't be bad too.

as far as i know pretty much all of their shows atleast from 89 have all been filmed

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:08

Got it several times already. I'll take it again! Especially if there's a remix. Though I agree a '95 theatre show would also be very cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 00:12 by TeddyB1018.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:33

yeababyyea
I'm sure this release will include the complete concert, with remastered audio. .

Yes. It'will be fantastic.
I love this From the vaults project.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 30, 2015 04:51

I don't see the $3 coupon for Hyde Park on the original link. Do you think it could be referring to sweet summer sun?

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 30, 2015 12:55

nankerphlege
I don't see the $3 coupon for Hyde Park on the original link. Do you think it could be referring to sweet summer sun?

Well, on the picture from 'best buys' (posted on the previous page) it says Hyde Park 1969....

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 30, 2015 15:21

I see it now Eddie... that is pretty interesting.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 2, 2015 09:55

slewan
wtf – that's three releases of old stuff within some 50 days (Sticky Fingers, Marquee, Hide Park)

Eagle Rocks last year released Hampton and LA75 within 6 weeks, so this might be the business plan, jumping on the wave of the first release with a second one! Great, great, great!!! And I´m sure this release will at least sound totally different (better) ...

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 2, 2015 10:21

i hope all tracks unedited.?

Posted by: basti ()
Date: June 2, 2015 10:22

I hope for a Vinyl Release smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 2, 2015 10:28

Well, would be nice.
Although im not really shaking,needing a drink and playing the Stones now, as was when i read about the Marquee info.
Jeroen

Date: June 2, 2015 10:29

vancouver
i hope all tracks unedited.?

Me too! As I said, I´m pretty sure the Stones have the complete gig (at least the audio) in the vaults, because it was recorded with the mobile. And until now, every vault-release was a complete gig. Just imagine: MercyMercy, Down Home Girl, I´m Yours, No Expectations, "Gimme a lille drink", remastered by Mr. Clearmountain, this would be great, wouldn´t it?thumbs up

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 10:48

the guitars on the new hyde park will never be out of tune ..... remember how keith did start me up last time in hyde park .?. we all hear a perfect opening on the soundtrack .. bob is a genius in cleaning mistakes ...

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 2, 2015 11:27

I'm not convinced this will be released at all, but if it will, I'll take it.
Still, I think they could release loads of other stuff that's better from the same era. I suppose, picture-wise there is not a terrible amount recorded. But why not the complete Madison Square Garden '69 films?

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 2, 2015 11:38

DECCA61
the guitars on the new hyde park will never be out of tune ..... remember how keith did start me up last time in hyde park .?. we all hear a perfect opening on the soundtrack .. bob is a genius in cleaning mistakes ...

+1

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 2, 2015 11:45

MSG 69 is where I discovered the band, the complete gig will be an epiphany for me

Date: June 2, 2015 11:48

yes all three msg 69 shows in a box.

Date: June 2, 2015 11:49

why so much about the guitars out of tune ????

it's rock and roll

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 2, 2015 12:28

vancouver

it's rock and roll

They're never in tune, always sounds great.

Date: June 2, 2015 12:35

vancouver

This would be cool as hell, but well: Hyde Park 1969 is iconic and something very special, death of BJ, free show, first time MT, unusual setlist, etc.! It deserves a proper and full release!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 2, 2015 12:36

A full Sympathy would be worth it!!

Posted by: basti ()
Date: June 2, 2015 12:48

22 Minute Version from Smypathy ....

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 2, 2015 15:30

muenke
vancouver

This would be cool as hell, but well: Hyde Park 1969 is iconic and something very special, death of BJ, free show, first time MT, unusual setlist, etc.! It deserves a proper and full release!

It really does! And I want it now!

Date: June 2, 2015 15:32

vancouver

it's rock and roll

Keith's very first gig with open tuned guitars, testing new equipment, they hadn't played live for two years AND they were stones outta their minds smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home