Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13
Re: From the Vaults Hyde Park 69
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 17, 2015 21:06

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
It was nice seeing it again and getting the stereo mix. But let's face it, the show and the film is not a classic. Maybe I'll check it out again in ten years smiling smiley

Of course it is a classic, regardless if you check it out again or not. It's even a historal one, for more than one reason.

I meant film-wise and music-wise. Of course the event AND the debut of Taylor, Keith's open G guitar and the Hiwatt amps make it a historical show grinning smiley

I'm glad to have it in stereo, but I have probably watched it 50 times - hence it doesn't do much for me anymore.

You know I mean it is a historical document of the era in which it is made, i.e. as a documentary.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: December 21, 2015 02:50

I was just listening to Satisfaction, and you can clearly hear three guitars! You can hear it during the first verse - there's Mick T panned left, and Keith to the right, then an extra rhythm guitar in the centre. So someone, Keith or Mick T, must have done the overdub. Why? Who knows, unless they considered at some stage that this concert recording would be a serious release and therefore needed a bit of beefing up here and there. But really, not the best concert they did back then * ...so why bother?

Just listening again... it could be that one of the guitars (Keith or Mick T) is being picked up in Jagger's vocal mic then perhaps with a little delay ends up sounding like a third guitar. Still, it definitely sounds like three guitars! confused smiley

(* I do like this gig though, MR and HTW are amazing)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-21 02:52 by WeLoveYou.

Date: December 21, 2015 08:54

You sure it's not an echo from one of the guitars?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 21, 2015 10:21

Strangely enough the two most well-known or significant Rolling Stones concerts are remembered for everything else but the music...

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: December 21, 2015 17:15

Stoneage
Strangely enough the two most well-known or significant Rolling Stones concerts are remembered for everything else but the music...
-Yeah, thats a shame, because both Hyde Park and Altamont shows a really interesting side of the band musically. There are some out of tune songs, but at the same time there are som really fantastic versions of ie.Midnight Rambler, JJF, Stray Cat Blues and Honky Tonk. I hope that som day we'll get the full concerts released!

Date: December 21, 2015 17:19

Hyde Park is probably the best live version of HTW ever.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: December 21, 2015 19:59

Agree,hard kicking honky tonk blues, and Jagger sings his ass offthumbs up

Date: December 21, 2015 20:05

DandelionPowderman

No, pretty sure it's a third guitar. Have a listen, if you go back a couple of pages, I think the YouTube stereo audio is still up. It's during the first verse after the opening riff x4.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-21 20:09 by WeLoveYou.

Date: December 21, 2015 20:07

DandelionPowderman
Hyde Park is probably the best live version of HTW ever.

S.T.P
Stoneage
-Yeah, thats a shame, because both Hyde Park and Altamont shows a really interesting side of the band musically. There are some out of tune songs, but at the same time there are som really fantastic versions of ie.Midnight Rambler, JJF, Stray Cat Blues and Honky Tonk. I hope that som day we'll get the full concerts released!

Absolutely agree - those heavy chords on Midnight Rambler ("you heard about the..." wham!). They've never sounded as good since on this tune.

Date: December 21, 2015 20:15

WeLoveYou
DandelionPowderman

No, pretty sure it's a third guitar. Have a listen, if you go back a couple of pages, I think the YouTube stereo audio is still up. It's during the first verse after the opening riff x4.

I have the new dvd. Will check it out.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 21, 2015 20:38

Absolutely love the stereo sound on this one. This is worth the price alone in my opinion. The rest we already know (video).

Date: February 14, 2019 02:19

Satisfaction Live (From the Vault Release) HD
[vk.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home