Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13
Re: From the Vaults Hyde Park 69
Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 28, 2015 19:37

treaclefingers

exactly...the line up for kool aid incidentally, starts to the right.

i'm in!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 28, 2015 20:11

I was thinking the same thing about the new Bill Wyman CD. Was going to ask if it lives up to the hype but figured people will talk it up, then I'll buy it and it will end up being another CD I don't play.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 28, 2015 21:22

Irix

The [www.amazon.com] link says "Run Time: 56 minutes" - that's the same as the already released 'The Stones in the Park' ....

That's the main program, let's see if there will be any bonuses. Sometimes more details are revealed in the last minute...

But, yes, just the well-known TV special without bonuses or at a least a CD with remixed audio doesn't make the biggest sense in the world...at least for us Europeans!

Posted by: pooroldgrandad ()
Date: July 2, 2015 09:46

Japanese Ward record tweets about From The Vault: Hyde Park 1969's audio.

The sound is stereo and 5.1 surround which is mixed and mastered from the original masters at Metropolis Studios London.

May be it's worth to wait.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 11:39

The question is: Why is it titled "from the vault", nothing new, all already edited officialy!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 2, 2015 12:15

ouroux58
The question is: Why is it titled "from the vault", nothing new, all already edited officialy!

I read that Hyde Park '69 had never been officially released in North America. But you're quite right, it's never been in the vault!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 2, 2015 13:58

pooroldgrandad
Japanese Ward record tweets about From The Vault: Hyde Park 1969's audio.

The sound is stereo and 5.1 surround which is mixed and mastered from the original masters at Metropolis Studios London.

May be it's worth to wait.

So we can better hear the completely out of tune guitars ... great. I can't wait to hear the mess in 5.1 surround ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-02 18:11 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 2, 2015 14:10

RobertJohnson
great. I can't wait to hear the mess in 5.1 surround ...

>grinning smiley< smiling bouncing smiley drinking smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 5, 2015 17:49

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:45

The DVD will offer nothing new. The big question is if they will release a CD with all audio in great quality. If so, I'll take Keith's out of tune guitar for granted.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 5, 2015 19:51

Isnt this the same DVD that came with Sweet Summer Sun?

Posted by: Toxic34 ()
Date: July 6, 2015 20:17

Here are titles that should receive a DVD and Blu-ray release as part of the series.

First, the remaining Google Play titles, of course.

-Live at Leeds Roundhay Park 1982
-Live at the Tokyo Dome 1990
-Light the Fuse: Toronto 2005

Previous video releases, now with the full concert released and in the best audio mix

-Miami 1994
-Giants Stadium 1994 (souvenir video sold at Voodoo Lounge Tour shows)
-St. Louis 1997

Pro-shot shows never officially released

-Full 1969 MSG footage
-@#$%& Blues footage released as "'72 Tour Chronicle" or something to that effect
-Knebworth 1976
-Toronto 1989
-Montreal 1989
-L.A. 1989
-Atlantic City 1989
-San Diego 1994
-Oakland 1994
-Buenos Aires 1995
-Tokyo 1995
-Rio 1995
-Brixton 1995
-Rio 1998
-Buenos Aires 1998
-Shanghai 2006 complete
-Saitama 2006 complete
-Newark 2012 (One More Shot PPV)
-Glastonbury 2013
-14 On Fire Tour 2014
-Fonda Theatre 2015
-Zip Code Tour 2015

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 7, 2015 00:20

Still waiting -

"Hey, what's in these boxes"
"Looks like a bunch of old film reels"
"Honolulu 73?"
"Oh yeah, now I remember we had a local crew film one of those shows; recorded as well. I always wondered what happened to those"

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 7, 2015 00:31

Toxic34
Here are titles that should receive a DVD and Blu-ray release as part of the series.

Previous video releases, now with the full concert released and in the best audio mix

-Miami 1994
-St. Louis 1997

-Full 1969 MSG footage
-@#$%& Blues footage released as "'72 Tour Chronicle" or something to that effect
-Knebworth 1976
-Toronto 1989
-Montreal 1989
-L.A. 1989
-Atlantic City 1989
-San Diego 1994
-Oakland 1994
-Buenos Aires 1995
-Tokyo 1995
-Rio 1995
-Brixton 1995
-Rio 1998
-Buenos Aires 1998
-Shanghai 2006 complete
-Saitama 2006 complete
-Glastonbury 2013
-14 On Fire Tour 2014
-Fonda Theatre 2015
-Zip Code Tour 2015

Great list over bootleg releases but those are only the pro-shots which have been leaked/broadcasted! There are HUNDREDS of pro-shots from recent years in the valut. They've recorded every concert since 1989.
I hope we can look forward to some pro-shots of the unreleased club gigs in 2002 & 2003!
Would neither have anything against some 02/03 arena gigs.
Plenty of gigs with awesome setlists.

iorr.org (Recorded specially for Four Flicks but not included)
iorr.org

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 00:38 by EasterMan.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 7, 2015 05:47

Toxic34

-Miami 1994
-St. Louis 1997

-Full 1969 MSG footage
-Knebworth 1976
-Toronto 1989
-Montreal 1989
-L.A. 1989
-Atlantic City 1989
-San Diego 1994
-Oakland 1994
-Buenos Aires 1995
-Tokyo 1995
-Rio 1995
-Brixton 1995
-Rio 1998
-Buenos Aires 1998
-Shanghai 2006 complete
-Saitama 2006 complete
-Glastonbury 2013
-14 On Fire Tour 2014
-Fonda Theatre 2015
-Zip Code Tour 2015

It was either San Jose or Oakland that was pro shot during The No Security Tour 1999.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-07 05:48 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 8, 2015 00:54

More Hot Rocks
Isnt this the same DVD that came with Sweet Summer Sun?

That's what I'm waiting to hear. If so count me out, as the Bluray from an old 69 show won't do anything more for me.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 8, 2015 01:01

More Hot Rocks

It was either San Jose or Oakland that was pro shot during The No Security Tour 1999.

All shows on the No Security tour were pro shot and are stored safely in the valut. San Jose was probably filmed in a bit more fancy fashion with some cranes and more cameras since it was supposed to be aired on Showtime which never happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 01:02 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: BIGJIMBANGS ()
Date: July 8, 2015 04:21

I have had Hyde Park 69 on Blu-ray for almost 2 years. I got it from CD Japan.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 05:05

Getting down to the wire. I guess there won't be any announcement for this release...?

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 14, 2015 12:24

achilles77
Getting down to the wire. I guess there won't be any announcement for this release...?

I´m guessing the same! This is OK, because we won´t see anything new. I read in another forum (don´t think it was iorr), that the audio will be polished up, but who knows!

BTW: This is a US-only release, so no chance to watch the DVD in europe. Do bluray-discs have such region-codes, too?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 14, 2015 13:19

Some blu rays have region codes, some don't.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 14, 2015 13:59

you know what i think would be the best is if they released lets spend the night together with the full songs instead of it being butchered by editing half of it out,
they could also remix the sound because it was so murky. boy, that film had potential and they blew it

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 14, 2015 15:57

drbryant
Still waiting -

"Hey, what's in these boxes"
"Looks like a bunch of old film reels"
"Honolulu 73?"
"Oh yeah, now I remember we had a local crew film one of those shows; recorded as well. I always wondered what happened to those"

Same goes for one of the Wembley Empire Pool shows from 1973 filmed professionally by the BBC.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 17, 2015 22:18

It's not looking good.

[www.classichitsandoldies.com]

A new installment of The Rolling Stones‘ From the Vault archival series featuring footage from one of the band’s most historic concerts, the free show the rock legends’ played in London’s Hyde Park in July 1969, will be released on July 24. From the Vault: Hyde Park Live 1969 will be available on DVD, Blu-ray and as and digital download.

The event was The Stones’ first full-length show in more than two years, and also marked the first concert the band played with its then-new guitarist, Mick Taylor. The show also came at an extremely emotional time for the group, as founding Stones guitarist Brian Jones had died just two days before.

Hyde Park Live 1969 features footage originally shot by the U.K.’s Granada TV, and includes most of the songs The Rolling Stones played at the gig, as well as behind-the-scenes segments and interviews with the band’s members, concertgoers and some of the Hell’s Angels who served as security for the event.

The band’s set featured its first-ever live performance of “Honky Tonk Women,” a rendition of Johnny Winter‘s “I’m Yours & I’m Hers” — the only time the group ever played that tune — and versions of Stones classics like “Midnight Rambler,” “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” and “Jumpin’ Jack Flash.” During the show, Mick Jagger delivered a eulogy to Jones that included the reading of a poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley. The Rolling Stones closed the concert with an epic, 18-minute rendition of “Sympathy for the Devil” with accompaniment from some African tribal drummers.

The Blu-ray and DVD of From the Vault: Hyde Park Live 1969 comes packaged with a booklet offering background information about the show and photos from the event.

Here is the track list of the video:

“Midnight Rambler”
“(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”
“I’m Free”
Eulogy
“I’m Yours & I’m Hers”
“Jumpin’ Jack Flash”
“Honky Tonk Women”
“Love in Vain”
“Sympathy for the Devil”

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 17, 2015 22:23

For me it is enough. But I have seen that there will be also a cd edition: a good italian record store (paolo caru's one) will sell (from august) the cd and the dvd.I saw the news on his magazine

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: July 18, 2015 12:36

Awww, I really want a cd version of this show. I know some people hate the out of tune guitars, but I love them! The first version of this show that I ever heard was on an old vinyl bootleg and it played slow but there was some real passion there especially in the slower songs like Love In Vain and No Expectations. They seemed sadder and I loved it.

I dont mind the out of tune guitars, to me it was close enough. This is a unique show with some great Mick Taylor slide guitar on it and he played great. I enjoyed Satisfaction from this one where Mick says over and over again 'gas, gas, gas...'

But I am really disappointed that half the songs won't be on it. No Expectations, Mercy, Mercy, Street Fighting Man...all cut out of it. I think that's a waste to release only half of it. I would love a cd release of the complete show.

In my opinion, they should release Altamont or at least bootleg the entire soundboard. They played great and the sound is great. I love listening to that show even despite the drama that unfolded it's got some great performances. Mind you, they won't let a song like Under My Thumb get played anymore because it is offensive to feminists or considered misogynistic.

Date: July 18, 2015 14:08

Date: July 18, 2015 14:17

pepganzo
For me it is enough. But I have seen that there will be also a cd edition: a good italian record store (paolo caru's one) will sell (from august) the cd and the dvd.I saw the news on his magazine

[114.imagebam.com]

[www.caru.com]

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 18, 2015 14:45

pepganzo

This is great, thanks for those links! Improved audio and video, I'm free sounds great! Hopefully we will get the whole gig on CD!

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: July 18, 2015 14:56

muenke
pepganzo

This is great, thanks for those links! Improved audio and video, I'm free sounds great! Hopefully we will get the whole gig on CD!

Yeah, I don't mind the DVD/BR being the old documentary, because it's a an important document, but they really should release the entire show on CD.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home