Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: Private Stones show poll
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 30, 2015 10:40

Yes. Me too.

Re: private concert
Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 30, 2015 12:12

Nikkei
treaclefingers
Nikkei
I am seriously interested, I just can't come up with the dough. So count me out?

I'll spot you the money Nikkei, I want you there that much. Just need to find someone to borrow the money from now.

You're a great guy Treacle, I already felt like an outsider on this thread. Latebloomers right, something like a bakesale isn't a bad way to start
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bake sales, lemonade stands, car washes......wait, I've got it...We'll raise money by putting on our own shows !!!!, song & dance in the various communities we live in! We can dig up talent from within this iorr group itself- We can use farmers barns or pavillions in city parks!

Oh nevermind... for a second there I thought I was on the Judy Garland & Mickey Rooney web site.

Just kidding-I'm all for the idea of this Thread--yes, we should be Pro-Active vs. sitting around & seeing what luck alone brings us with these exciting yet very very frustrating small Stones/secret/gigs things.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: May 30, 2015 12:34

Bartek - Lodz, Poland

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 13:45

Yes, i'm inn

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 30, 2015 14:06

Oh, yes. I'm IN! If in Europe.
Their hometown London would be the fairest, most suitable deal.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 30, 2015 15:53

We now have the costs and some of the requirement info..

[www.utsandiego.com]

This really should be feasible...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 30, 2015 16:35

MisterDDDD

[www.utsandiego.com]

That's a great story. But understand for it to be feasible, it had to be coupled with a real money making event. The 2 million for the stones was the 'bonus' after the actual show. In those terms, for the private stones show being talked about here, you'd need to put it in direct proximity with another, bigger money making show.

Plus, this guy was incredibly well connected and had incurable cancer...those facts put the show into consideration.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 30, 2015 16:40

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

[www.utsandiego.com]

That's a great story. But understand for it to be feasible, it had to be coupled with a real money making event. The 2 million for the stones was the 'bonus' after the actual show. In those terms, for the private stones show being talked about here, you'd need to put it in direct proximity with another, bigger money making show.

Plus, this guy was incredibly well connected and had incurable cancer...those facts put the show into consideration.

I think we're shooting low, aim for 2 freebie shows (US & UK) where iorrians pick the setlists.......that's what people really want, (I guess) so why not ask for it....you never know...............(they might be amused at the brazen cheek and say yes........

Date: May 30, 2015 16:42

EddieByword
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

[www.utsandiego.com]

I think we're shooting low, aim for 2 freebie shows (US & UK) where iorrians pick the setlists.......that's what people really want, (I guess) so why not ask for it....you never know...............(they might be amused at the brazen cheek and say yes........

aiming for 2 freebie shows where we pick the set lists is definitely shooting low.

Hopefully not shooting ourselves in the foot!

Date: May 30, 2015 16:50

treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

[www.utsandiego.com]

aiming for 2 freebie shows where we pick the set lists is definitely shooting low.

Could be, could be, that's one way of looking at it to be sure but I figure shoot for the moon and you might end up in the milehigh club....hmmm...as you say but also in A&E, hmmm but then the English (and the world?) admires a trier......oh jeezz, the possibilities, the possibilities............confused smiley

Date: May 30, 2015 16:53

EddieByword
treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

[www.utsandiego.com]

Could be, could be, that's one way of looking at it to be sure but I figure shoot for the moon and you might end up in the milehigh club....hmmm...as you say but also in A&E, hmmm but then the English (and the world?) admires a trier......oh jeezz, the possibilities, the possibilities............confused smiley

can you speak English next time?

not the version your speaking, but the real version, the American version.

Date: May 30, 2015 16:56

treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

[www.utsandiego.com]

huh, now I'm really confused smiley ( grinning smiley ) which bit didn't you get? (american Inglish - ha, LMFAO......hoorah.........WTF is that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 16:58 by EddieByword.

Date: May 30, 2015 17:00

EddieByword
treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

[www.utsandiego.com]

huh, now I'm really confused smiley ( grinning smiley ) which bit didn't you get? (american Inglish - ha, LMFAO......hoorah.........

can you imagine how I feel? I'm not even American!

Date: May 30, 2015 17:04

treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

[www.utsandiego.com]

huh, now I'm really confused smiley ( grinning smiley ) which bit didn't you get? (american Inglish - ha, LMFAO......hoorah.........

Ahh right, ok, A&E - Accident & Emergancy at the hospital (for the shot foot) and a trier - sometone whi trys to do something...[www.collinsdictionary.com]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:04

I actually consider what EddieByword suggested more likely to actually happen than us pooling together to buy them for a night. If not only we on IORR, but also the Shidoobs
and Rocks Off people could somehow approach Ronnie, Keith or Chuck with the idea, they might just convince Mick of the immense publicity value that lies within such a show.

Date: May 30, 2015 17:08

Nikkei
I actually consider what EddieByword suggested more likely to actually happen than us pooling together to buy them for a night. If not only we on IORR, but also the Shidoobs
and Rocks Off people could somehow approach Ronnie, Keith or Chuck with the idea, they might just convince Mick of the immense publicity value that lies within such a show.

Thanks, it would be hell of a party to be sure............

Date: May 30, 2015 17:10

EddieByword
treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
MisterDDDD

[www.utsandiego.com]

Ahh right, ok, A&E - Accident & Emergancy at the hospital (for the shot foot) and a trier - sometone whi trys to do something...[www.collinsdictionary.com]

ah ok...I thought 'trier' may have been your accent trying to say 'three-er' as in threesome, which I'd thought was in reference to your 'mile high club' comment.

Posted by: metstones ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:18

Count me in.

Date: May 30, 2015 17:20

treaclefingers

ah ok...I thought 'trier' may have been your accent trying to say 'three-er' as in threesome, which I'd thought was in reference to your 'mile high club' comment.

Ahh right (aagin) no I think those lavs (toilets) are a bit small for that...hmmm, food for thought as the man wondering about how lesbians make each other cum said......cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 17:55 by EddieByword.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:23

I'm in and excited for the possibility of a "semi private party" with the world's greatest band.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:52

EddieByword

Ahh right (aagin) no I think those lavs (toilets) are a bit small for that...hmmm, food for thought as the man wondering about how lesbians make each other cum said......cool smiley

but just the right size for a solo go, n'est-ce pas?

Date: May 30, 2015 17:54

Rokyfan
EddieByword

but just the right size for a solo go, n'est-ce pas?

I'll take your word for that........

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 30, 2015 17:55

Nikkei

A free show at the end of the tour. What a way to deflect criticism over ticket prices, spread good will, if we are all one . . . (wait, never mind).

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 30, 2015 21:49

Well, make sure you get film rights so those of us who can't afford it
can at least help you with the costs by buying a DVD :E

I vote for London.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:20

Rokyfan
Nikkei

A free show at the end of the tour. What a way to deflect criticism over ticket prices, spread good will, if we are all one . . . (wait, never mind).

They don't care about publicity unless they are trying to sell something, and they've certainly shown they don't have alot of empathy for ticket prices (unless seats are not selling).

It would be so sweet however for the Stones to put on an exclusive show just for members of their fan clubs somehow. I'm not sure how it would look or be administered but I know I'd be there and it would be a crowning achievement to their legacy. A true we care statement that would echo around the halls of fandom long after the Stones are gone. A generous statement of gratitude to those of us who have made the Stones a big part of our lives.

I would actually be surprised if the Stones, when approached with an offer coming from this dedicated fanbase, didn't lower their fee to something just to cover costs. At their ages and level of success I can only imagine the rewards from doing something like this are tangible and attractive in a way money couldn't buy.

I also think that it would take an experienced promoter being involved to assuage their fears of it not being properly done. Perhaps approaching one of them is a more prudent initial step than trying to contact the Stones management, certainly a path to be explored.

peace

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:42

Naturalust
It would be so sweet however for the Stones to put on an exclusive show just for members of their fan clubs somehow. I'm not sure how it would look or be administered but I know I'd be there and it would be a crowning achievement to their legacy. A true we care statement that would echo around the halls of fandom long after the Stones are gone. A generous statement of gratitude to those of us who have made the Stones a big part of our lives.

That's what I tried to express when I said publicity value. Thanks for expressing it much better.

Posted by: lynn1 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:11

2 tickets please

Best idea in years on this board

Re: IORR PRIVATE ROLLING STONES SHOW - INTEREST POLL AMONG FANS HERE
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:26

JumpinJeppeFlash
Please no discussions, then start another thread about a free concert or how stupid this is or whatever. Write only if you would be interested. This is ONLY a poll to see how many here at iorr who would be interested, nothing else.

Count me in ...... USD$ 3K & 1000 people only in attendance ! >grinning smiley<

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: IORR PRIVATE ROLLING STONES SHOW - INTEREST POLL AMONG FANS HERE
Posted by: Janneman ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:35

Yessss, This would be great!!
Count me in +1.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:31

Any statistics on how many are we already?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1469
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home