Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Private Stones Show Poll
Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: July 8, 2015 15:06

This whole thing is pure fantasy and not really something to waste your brain on!

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 15:07

Count me in!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 8, 2015 15:08

As of today (2015-07-08) there are 137 people here interested. Some of them only if the show would take place in the US and some of them if the show would cost $1000-$2000. But 137 has shown serious interest as of today.

Date: July 8, 2015 15:14

JumpinJeppeFlash
As of today (2015-07-08) there are 137 people here interested. Some of them only if the show would take place in the US and some of them if the show would cost $1000-$2000. But 137 has shown serious interest as of today.

137 people paying $2000 is $274,000. By the time you take into account the cost of getting the Stones, their staff and all their equipment into one place and actually paying something for a venue you don't have enough money. How much do the Stones make from a show? Even at £1,000,000 (and it might be more) you are way short. Or do you think the stones will actually play for you out of the goodness of their hearts?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 8, 2015 15:17

MrThompsonWooft
JumpinJeppeFlash

137 people paying $2000 is $274,000. By the time you take into account the cost of getting the Stones, their staff and all their equipment into one place and actually paying something for a venue you don't have enough money. How much do the Stones make from a show? Even at £1,000,000 (and it might be more) you are way short. Or do you think the stones will actually play for you out of the goodness of their hearts?

We don´t need you whining here thank you, it´s just a poll, nothing else.

Date: July 8, 2015 15:19

JumpinJeppeFlash
MrThompsonWooft
JumpinJeppeFlash

We don´t need you whining here thank you, it´s just a poll, nothing else.

I'm not whining. Just pointing out financial reality. Sorry to burst your bubble / fantasy.

Do you accuse everyone who doesn't see what you see of whining?

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: July 8, 2015 15:23

It's just absurd if anyone takes this whole thing serious. OK, let say 1000 more ''shows interest'' (which will never happen) then you still have to get all these people to lay their money on the table, which will be impossible to arrange and only a third or less of the people who have shown interest here would hand over the money when it all comes down.
This will never happen. Stop dreaming.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 15:25 by RaiseTheKnife.

Date: July 8, 2015 15:26

RaiseTheKnife
It's just absurd if anyone takes this whole thing serious. OK, let say 1000 more ''shows interest'' (which will never happen) then you still have to get all these people to lay their money on the table, which will be impossible to arrange and only a thrid of the people who have shown interest here would hand over the money when it all comes down.

Exactly. It's like having a raffle where the prize is a trip to the moon (when you don't have a means to get the prize winner to the moon).

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 8, 2015 15:40

JumpinJeppeFlash

How many Argentinians signed up? hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 17:01 by Koen.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 8, 2015 16:15

Koen

How many Argentinians signed up?

Ask the Greeks .... winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2015 17:10

RaiseTheKnife
It's just absurd if anyone takes this whole thing serious. OK, let say 1000 more ''shows interest'' (which will never happen) then you still have to get all these people to lay their money on the table, which will be impossible to arrange and only a third or less of the people who have shown interest here would hand over the money when it all comes down.

OK, count me in for showing interest...as long as no one asks me for money.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 17:45

Can't hurt to say it...I'm in!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 17:46

treaclefingers
RaiseTheKnife

if i understand the rules correctly, money will need to be laid on the table, i have my kitchen table standing at the ready.

Date: July 8, 2015 17:52

Turner68
treaclefingers
RaiseTheKnife

if i understand the rules correctly, money will need to be laid on the table, i have my kitchen table standing at the ready.

you can get up and walk away, or stay.

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: July 8, 2015 18:18

i'm in, if it's in amsterdam, that's where the money goes to anyway, it's central of europe.

Date: July 8, 2015 20:00

How about we just try to bail the Greeks out?

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 8, 2015 20:08

latcho
i'm in, if it's in amsterdam, that's where the money goes to anyway, it's central of europe.

Did you say Amsterdam? I'll be there. All get together and feel alright ...

BTW, I hope it'll be a Graeco-Argentinian production. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 9, 2015 01:50

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-09 10:13 by Stoneage.

Date: July 9, 2015 03:58

MrThompsonWooft
How about we just try to bail the Greeks out?

I'm going to make myself a Greek Salad tonight, to stand in solidarity.

Posted by: jkundl1 ()
Date: June 8, 2016 03:16

Josef from Dallas is in

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 8, 2016 03:19

I tried to organize this same concept while on Undercover in 1999.

Many people wrote personal letters and sent them to me, some of you who are on here I think? I was Chelskeith back then, haha. I hand delivered them to the band when they rehearsed for No Security and I was told that Mick was flattered, he added Undercover to the set list in Oakland as a thank you, and that was the end of that idea.

I still think it would be a great concept for the band, and for those of us who follow them so closely.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 8, 2016 03:25

Me and my wife, count us in.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: June 8, 2016 04:11

I'm in for the Palais Royale. That's a seven minute bike ride from home and I'll take a squad of n'er-do-wells who need to stay over for the evening or weekend.

No charge.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: June 8, 2016 04:13

Myself and 2 friends are in !

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: June 8, 2016 06:20

[www.rightmove.co.uk]

For sale, just down the road from Redlands. We could buy this as a getaway for IORRians. smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 8, 2016 06:26

....But it's got no moat .... It's got no moat ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 8, 2016 07:09

i'll take 8 tix. i'm sure i can scalp a few.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 8, 2016 08:14

Can I bring my dog?
Bingley Bandstand would be a great venue.I could russle up some hamburgers on the chimnea for the boys.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 8, 2016 08:48

Rockman

In fact I think it does - or at least a puddle! Photo 9

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 8, 2016 10:03

Rockman

...and has Norwegian wood. Leave it for Beatles fans.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home