Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13
Re: Private Stones show poll
Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: May 29, 2015 13:33

For that sort of money I would need to know about Mick Ts participation first. And Bill.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2015 13:36

I'm sure Mick T will chip in a few bucks. Bill however is a stickler with the money.

Date: May 29, 2015 13:38

I would also expect meet and greet. And a souvenir bag and maybe a meal voucher.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 29, 2015 13:53

I'm in !!

Erwin
The Netherlands

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: May 29, 2015 14:19

To repeat myself: Count me in.
1,000 €
Europe

Stefan
Germany

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 29, 2015 14:22

Count me in
€1000
Europe/UK

Paradiso in Amsterdam would be nice :-)

Date: May 29, 2015 14:22

MrThompsonWooft
I would also expect meet and greet. And a souvenir bag and maybe a meal voucher.

You'll get a Beatle to go with it, ok?

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 14:23

I guess this shows that there isn't a single generous billionaire iorrian prepared to fund a private gig for the rest of us>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:24

The sad thing is they would not do it even if the money was raised. They don't do these gigs only for the money, they have plenty of money and plenty of ways to make more. In part, they do them because the people there are their people. They dig hanging out with the billionaires, it is the ultimate mind-@#$%&: "these people who have everything and can get anything and they want want US."

The Stones do not want to play for us in that context. When they play those private corporate gigs for millionaires, they are playing for their people.

Re: private concert
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:53

Nikkei
I am seriously interested, I just can't come up with the dough. So count me out?

I'll spot you the money Nikkei, I want you there that much. Just need to find someone to borrow the money from now.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:03

Rokyfan
The sad thing is they would not do it even if the money was raised. They don't do these gigs only for the money, they have plenty of money and plenty of ways to make more. In part, they do them because the people there are their people. They dig hanging out with the billionaires, it is the ultimate mind-@#$%&: "these people who have everything and can get anything and they want want US."

The Stones do not want to play for us in that context. When they play those private corporate gigs for millionaires, they are playing for their people.

Erm....no! The Stones played that gig for the cash. They don't care about who paid for it, only that they payed. Cash is king when it comes to The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:10

desertblues68
I guess this shows that there isn't a single generous billionaire iorrian prepared to fund a private gig for the rest of us>grinning smiley<

Maybe we could ask Mick & Keith to stump up for us all........as we are the members of the No.1 fan site therefore the No.1 fans.......

Give something back Mick, you know it's worth it.............smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 17:24 by EddieByword.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:14

How about if we come up with some ways to raise money? Treacle and I can do a coffee stand.

Posted by: SILBE64 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:21

Count me in, please.
Great idea, why not give it a try.
Silke

Re: private concert
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:23

treaclefingers
Nikkei
I am seriously interested, I just can't come up with the dough. So count me out?

I'll spot you the money Nikkei, I want you there that much. Just need to find someone to borrow the money from now.

You're a great guy Treacle, I already felt like an outsider on this thread. Latebloomers right, something like a bakesale isn't a bad way to start

Date: May 29, 2015 17:36

DandelionPowderman
MrThompsonWooft

You'll get a Beatle to go with it, ok?

No, I don't want a Beatle. I want a goody bag and a meal voucher.

Date: May 29, 2015 19:34

You got it!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:45

I already posted that I'm in for $2000 if it's in NYC but realistically the timing would have to coincide with their geographic availability. It would be great publicity for them. Maybe we could just get Mick Taylor, and some of the musicians on this board (me included!) could take turns as backing band.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:02

strat72
Rokyfan

Erm....no! The Stones played that gig for the cash. They don't care about who paid for it, only that they payed. Cash is king when it comes to The Rolling Stones.
yes, I forgot, social status means nothing to Mick and the boys. never mind. I'll see you at the show. You bidding high enough to pick a number?

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:14

MrThompsonWooft

Those are sensible requests.

I have one more:

The band must emerge from a time machine marked "November 1969" just as they hit the stage.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:23

I could sell my soul but I would have to choose the set list>grinning smiley<

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:19

I posted before that i am in. Anywhere in the world.

Posted by: glimmergirl ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:24

What a great idea, I'd love two tickets. Hope it happens!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:57

Of course with Taylor and Wyman, and in London.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:06

Almost 100 people interested here within the first 30h, if we include those of you willing to pay a little less than $3000 and those of you that only would pay if Taylor and/or Wyman would join. Come onsmileys with beerthumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-30 00:07 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()
Date: May 30, 2015 00:43

I'm in too!!

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: May 30, 2015 01:06

You do realize that to raise $2million dollars from only 100 people, everybody has to chip in $20,000 to cover the cost, don't you?

You need to have 1,000 people pay $2,000 each, or 400 people pay $5,000 each.

And that $2million (if that's enough to bait the Stones) doesn't even cover venue, security, insurance, etc.

I'll be in if it can happen in the States, but man, we've got a long way to go.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 01:18

I would pay around a £1000 for a uk or european gig.

Best of luck thou.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 30, 2015 09:13

I would be in if I have enough time to a) recover from all the San Diego costs, and b) save up for this new event.

So yes, but not immediately. $2-3,000 that isn't too much different than a real close to the stage seat in a stadium anyway.

Ever since San Diego I've had the horrible feeling I'm gonna hafta get a stickin' job man! (I'm on early disability retirement). moody smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 30, 2015 09:45

5stringTele
You do realize that to raise $2million dollars from only 100 people, everybody has to chip in $20,000 to cover the cost, don't you?

You need to have 1,000 people pay $2,000 each, or 400 people pay $5,000 each.

And that $2million (if that's enough to bait the Stones) doesn't even cover venue, security, insurance, etc.

I'll be in if it can happen in the States, but man, we've got a long way to go.

Let's see how many names we got in one month or so here. Then there is the possibility to take this poll outside of iorr as well, i realize everything you do you know, i'm not stupid thank you.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home