Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: IORR PRIVATE ROLLING STONES SHOW - INTEREST POLL AMONG FANS HERE
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:56

paulywaul
JumpinJeppeFlash
Please no discussions, then start another thread about a free concert or how stupid this is or whatever. Write only if you would be interested. This is ONLY a poll to see how many here at iorr who would be interested, nothing else.

Count me in ...... USD$ 3K & 1000 people only in attendance ! >grinning smiley<

Okay Jeppe, I'll quit fooling around. Yes, of course I am interested! Since most IORR members are from the U.S., NYC is the best location.cool smiley

Re: Private Stones show poll
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:04

stevie from glasgow.

im in.

have it in glasgow, that be the icing on the cake.

i,d pledge a grand.

and would like us all to vote on the setlist.

Re: IORR PRIVATE ROLLING STONES SHOW - INTEREST POLL AMONG FANS HERE
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:13

I'm interested too grinning smiley...depends on where & when & $

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 31, 2015 02:31

( I must say that the level of fandom here astonishes me. To willingly pay 3,000 dollars [about 25,000 Swedish Crowns] for a band in their seventies is really beyond me. Anything beyond 100 dollars is stretching it in my world. Especially for a band that peaked 40 years ago. I consider myself somewhat of a Stones nerd. But it seems that among the nerds I'm only a tourist...)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:59

Stoneage
( I must say that the level of fandom here astonishes me. To willingly pay 3,000 dollars [about 25,000 Swedish Crowns] for a band in their seventies is really beyond me. Anything beyond 100 dollars is stretching it in my world. Especially for a band that peaked 40 years ago. I consider myself somewhat of a Stones nerd. But it seems that among the nerds I'm only a tourist...)

Your lack of commitment sickens some of us. (Not me though)

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 31, 2015 16:06

treaclefingers
Stoneage

Your lack of commitment sickens some of us. (Not me though)

All this sickness. I can suck it up.
Throw it all at me. I just shrug it off.

Stones is a frame of mind and a way of life.

It takes commitment to party this hard all the time.

Sex, drugs and Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 31, 2015 16:26

If it took the collective wisdom of iorr seventy pages of argument to design a T-shirt (and it did), how many pages will it take to organise a whole show?

(Answers on a postcard please...)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2015 16:39

Green Lady
If it took the collective wisdom of iorr seventy pages of argument to design a T-shirt (and it did), how many pages will it take to organise a whole show?

not sure, but at least we'll have a t-shirt to sell at the show!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 31, 2015 16:50

Green Lady

You know you'll get 70 postcards....

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 31, 2015 17:49

JumpinJeppeFlash
IORR PRIVATE ROLLING STONES SHOW - INTEREST POLL AMONG FANS HERE

The show could take place in a club/theatre in a bigger town in Europe or the US. Let´s say with a capacity of 1000 or so. If all would pay about $3000 then we would have a lot of money to offer. Then off course we need someone to figure out the details with the band/management and the venue, but that´s a latter question. I don´t think that would be a problem with all "the well connected" (not me though) people here.

THOSE OF YOU THAT ONLY INTEND TO WHINE AND BEING NEGATIVE, PLEASE DO THAT SOMEWHERE ELSE THANK YOU!

LEAVE YOUR INTEREST HERE AND LET´S SEE HOW MANY NAMES WE CAN GET, I´LL START:

Jesper
SWEDEN

Jesper, how's the count going ?

I'm going to volunteer a thought here. People seem to be already exceeding their remit somewhat and starting to bang on about "where" the show could be held ... as if that is remotely relevant at this early stage when all that is happening is that a poll is being conducted in order to gauge a level of interest at that kind of money ($3K)per head.

But I might as well jump on the bandwagon so to say, and express my own thoughts about where such a show could ever take place IF ever this whole concept that is being discussed in this thread were to ever evolve in something with more substance.

I suggest Norway. Why ? Because I think they (the band) and we (the users of this website and message board) could give a well deserved nod to BV, whose devotion to following the band and running this amazing and long lasting platform for us all to enjoy is pretty astounding by ANY standards. They (the band) have benefitted considerably over the years I would imagine, as most certainly have we. Recognition where recognition is due.

Just a thought, feel free to disagree (or heaven forbid) .... to possibly agree !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2015 17:54

I agree with Paulywaul if only because they didn't do any sort of warmup show after the Oslo rehearsals.
Club show count since 2012: California 3, France 2

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 31, 2015 18:36

paulywaul
JumpinJeppeFlash

The show could take place in a club/theatre in a bigger town in Europe or the US. Let´s say with a capacity of 1000 or so. If all would pay about $3000 then we would have a lot of money to offer. Then off course we need someone to figure out the details with the band/management and the venue, but that´s a latter question. I don´t think that would be a problem with all "the well connected" (not me though) people here.

THOSE OF YOU THAT ONLY INTEND TO WHINE AND BEING NEGATIVE, PLEASE DO THAT SOMEWHERE ELSE THANK YOU!

Jesper
SWEDEN

I'm going to volunteer a thought here. People seem to be already exceeding their remit somewhat and starting to bang on about "where" the show could be held ... as if that is remotely relevant at this early stage when all that is happening is that a poll is being conducted in order to gauge a level of interest at that kind of money ($3K)per head.

But I might as well jump on the bandwagon so to say, and express my own thoughts about where such a show could ever take place IF ever this whole concept that is being discussed in this thread were to ever evolve in something with more substance.

I suggest Norway. Why ? Because I think they (the band) and we (the users of this website and message board) could give a well deserved nod to BV, whose devotion to following the band and running this amazing and long lasting platform for us all to enjoy is pretty astounding by ANY standards. They (the band) have benefitted considerably over the years I would imagine, as most certainly have we. Recognition where recognition is due.

Just a thought, feel free to disagree (or heaven forbid) .... to possibly agree !!

100+ as of today, but i will count in a couple of weeks again and maybe do a list with all people here interestedsmiling smiley First of to the US to attend couple of showsthumbs up

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 31, 2015 19:20

JumpinJeppeFlash
paulywaul
JumpinJeppeFlash

Jesper
SWEDEN

100+ as of today, but i will count in a couple of weeks again and maybe do a list with all people here interestedsmiling smiley First of to the US to attend couple of showsthumbs up

Enjoy ...... hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 31, 2015 20:46

paulywaul
JumpinJeppeFlash
paulywaul
JumpinJeppeFlash

Jesper
SWEDEN

Enjoy ...... hot smiley

Thanks very muchsmileys with beer

Re: Private Stones Show Poll
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 31, 2015 20:49

Paradiso Amesterdam would be amazing

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:31

Green Lady

Ha ha ha ha.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:36

SonicDreamer
Green Lady

Ha ha ha ha.

I sorta thought the same thing GL, but don't want to rain on anyone's parade here. It's a wonderful idea and I think it's great that Jeppe is trying to make it happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 21:50 by latebloomer.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: May 31, 2015 21:48

JumpinJeppeFlash
5stringTele
You do realize that to raise $2million dollars from only 100 people, everybody has to chip in $20,000 to cover the cost, don't you?

You need to have 1,000 people pay $2,000 each, or 400 people pay $5,000 each.

And that $2million (if that's enough to bait the Stones) doesn't even cover venue, security, insurance, etc.

I'll be in if it can happen in the States, but man, we've got a long way to go.

Let's see how many names we got in one month or so here. Then there is the possibility to take this poll outside of iorr as well, i realize everything you do you know, i'm not stupid thank you.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to direct that at you, Jeppe. You have my sincere apology for any offense taken.

I intended for the statement of the obvious facts to ground the posters who were saying they'd be willing to pay $400, but only if the Stones come and play their favorite biker bar in Zilch, North Dakota in January.

For an IORR gig to happen, it's got to figure in with the Stones' schedule, needs and financial plan. I was very impressed to read that the San Diego concert only came about as a result of the hard-sell sales pitch for the Belly Up gig.

Even if we pass a hat and collect the $2million+, it may take a miracle to get the band to buy into this -- even without a ransom note of setlist demands. It has to be a city where they are already playing a concert and they already have a scheduled rehearsal day.

But compiling a list of credible contributors is the first step, so for that alone I'd nominate you for a Nobel Prize and offer my profuse gratitude.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 21:49 by 5stringTele.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 31, 2015 22:05

If this can get off the ground, we need to be realistic. We need a promoter and a super wealthy person to make this happen with their money up front. They negotiate with the Stones to make it happen. That means a time and place of the Stones' choosing. Then, and we'd need this all done contractually ahead of time, the promoter would offer tickets to those of us on IORR who have indicated a sincere interest, and we'd have say 3-5 business days to determine whether we could get to the chosen location on the chosen date and to pony up our money. If we don't, the promoter would be permitted to sell our spots to anyone else. Contractually, we would want the number of tickets to be no more than 1000.

As for set lists, as I've said before, the Stones are not going to rehearse 20 songs they haven't played in years just for one small fan gig. At best, I think we could request a non-greatest hits show with songs of their choosing. Or we could make specific requests, understanding that those would be REQUESTS and not demands. Maybe they'd consider playing Sticky Fingers again.

Date: June 1, 2015 10:59

5stringTele
JumpinJeppeFlash
5stringTele
You do realize that to raise $2million dollars from only 100 people, everybody has to chip in $20,000 to cover the cost, don't you?

You need to have 1,000 people pay $2,000 each, or 400 people pay $5,000 each.

And that $2million (if that's enough to bait the Stones) doesn't even cover venue, security, insurance, etc.

I'll be in if it can happen in the States, but man, we've got a long way to go.

Let's see how many names we got in one month or so here. Then there is the possibility to take this poll outside of iorr as well, i realize everything you do you know, i'm not stupid thank you.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to direct that at you, Jeppe. You have my sincere apology for any offense taken.

I intended for the statement of the obvious facts to ground the posters who were saying they'd be willing to pay $400, but only if the Stones come and play their favorite biker bar in Zilch, North Dakota in January.

For an IORR gig to happen, it's got to figure in with the Stones' schedule, needs and financial plan. I was very impressed to read that the San Diego concert only came about as a result of the hard-sell sales pitch for the Belly Up gig.

Even if we pass a hat and collect the $2million+, it may take a miracle to get the band to buy into this -- even without a ransom note of setlist demands. It has to be a city where they are already playing a concert and they already have a scheduled rehearsal day.

But compiling a list of credible contributors is the first step, so for that alone I'd nominate you for a Nobel Prize and offer my profuse gratitude.

No problem, thank yousmileys with beerthumbs up

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 1, 2015 11:16

Green Lady

Ha ha ha ha! Good observation Green Lady. Well, we'll just have to work on being more concise!

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: June 1, 2015 13:56

I'd be very interested

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: June 1, 2015 17:35

How many of us are we already IN?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 1, 2015 17:55

varilla

How many of us are we already IN?

100+ as of May 31, 2015: [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: SoCalStone ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:11

Count me in if the Show is in the United States. This would be fantastic.

On a different note, did any of you pay the membership fee for the Rolling Stones back around the 2003-2007 timeframe? I remember paying the $100 per year fee for a couple years and it got me access to some really great tickets.
It seems that if the stones offered something like this again, it could maybe accomplish something similar....access to theater shows for fans and keeping the scalpers out.

But like I said, if somehow this IORR private gig effort gets traction, I'm in!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 1, 2015 19:17

actually i'm in for a + 1 too, so count me in for 2 tickets.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:40

Turner68
actually i'm in for a + 1 too, so count me in for 2 tickets.

Yeah, i´ll go with two tickets also!!

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: June 1, 2015 21:55

I'm a +1 also.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 1, 2015 23:19

KRiffhard
Paradiso Amesterdam would be amazing

Yeh there are flights from all over the world to Amsterdam so the location problem is solved.....

Air France KLM.................30 minutes drive to Paradiso

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 1, 2015 23:32

Count me in.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home