Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe is available now on Google Play!!!
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 27, 2015 10:57

It's gonna be a long wait till the boxset arrives on the 9th ! My email is in my profile if anyone can help! TIA !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: May 27, 2015 11:26

Oh man this is torturing me waiting for my preorder! If someone could possibly send me the alt Dead Flowers that'd be great! smileys with beer

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 27, 2015 11:30

You can listen to Dead Flowers here:
[mashable.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 27, 2015 12:03

Deltics
[mashable.com]

What version is this? It's live for sure.

Mathijs

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 12:06 by Mathijs.

Date: May 27, 2015 12:26

Mathijs
Deltics
[mashable.com]

What version is this? It's live for sure.

Mathijs

Taylor's second guitar (the one that plays the fills/solos) is a studio take, probably? His other guitar sounds live (and out of tune).

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: May 27, 2015 12:51

Deltics
[mashable.com]

Cheers thumbs up

Date: May 27, 2015 14:45

@Kevin:

is the BS, right before the alternate DF in your sampler, the Clapton version? It sounded a bit different...

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: May 27, 2015 15:00

DandelionPowderman
@Kevin:

is the BS, right before the alternate DF in your sampler, the Clapton version? It sounded a bit different...

Yes it is. The mix is superior to the bootleg version. Charly's drums well audible and the lead guitar solo upfront center stage.

Date: May 27, 2015 15:04

kevinkamphuis
DandelionPowderman
@Kevin:

Yes it is. The mix is superior to the bootleg version. Charly's drums well audible and the lead guitar solo upfront center stage.

The mix is superior indeed, and they've done some channel switching and separation.

I enjoyed your sampler, thanks! thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 27, 2015 15:35

The Roundhouse cuts are incendiary!! smileys with beer

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 27, 2015 15:38

As one who hadn't had the opportunity to listen to the bootlegs ahead of time, I've got to say that I LOVE THIS STUFF! The alternate versions are fun. If I could get past the urge to compare them to the original and just listen to the "new" version I might really start to enjoy them! Really enjoying the live stuff. Was up WAY TO LATE last night and will be paying for it today. Happily Paying for it I should add!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 27, 2015 15:53

kevinkamphuis
Here is a sampler I created;
[we.tl]

Is it me, or does Leeds and the Roundhouse sound truly awful? It sounds like reprocessed stereo, with the guitars all over the place with some strange echo. And the drums again have this processed, brickwalled modern sound...

Understandable though they skipped JJF and LWM for all those years -they're completely out of tune! And is that an overdubbed solo on JJF?

Mathijs

Date: May 27, 2015 15:56

I think Roundhouse sounds better than Leeds, but some of the same sound/tuning issues from the 1971 is still bothering me a bit. SCB was great.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:03

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-08 17:21 by vudicus.

Posted by: filoca ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:15

me too...please..
filoca@yahoo.it

Date: May 27, 2015 16:20

vudicus
Annoyingly still not available in the UK.

If anyone can tide me over until the box set is released, my email is in my profile.

Did you listen to Kevin's samples?

Posted by: tk421 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 16:20

Any help would be appreciated
ilichtenstein@me.com

Date: May 27, 2015 16:22

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 16:22 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 27, 2015 16:24

[/quote]

Did you listen to Kevin's samples?[/quote]

Didn't see them.
Thanks for the heads up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 16:30 by vudicus.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:01

It's said patience is a virtue. But 9 days is far too long for a Stones fan. What are they trying to do to us!

Date: May 27, 2015 17:15

vudicus

Did you listen to Kevin's samples?[/quote]

Didn't see them.
Thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

Press the link and scroll down to Kevin's post: [www.iorr.org]

Date: May 27, 2015 17:20

DandelionPowderman
vudicus

Didn't see them.
Thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

Press the link and scroll down to Kevin's post: [www.iorr.org][/quote]

Many thanks.
Nice to hear these samples.
Cannot wait to get the big ol' box set.

Date: May 27, 2015 17:22

vudicus
DandelionPowderman
vudicus

Didn't see them.
Thanks for the heads up.

Press the link and scroll down to Kevin's post: [www.iorr.org][/quote]

Many thanks.
Nice to hear these samples.
Cannot wait to get the big ol' box set.[/quote]

thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 27, 2015 17:43

Mathijs

Is it me, or does Leeds and the Roundhouse sound truly awful?

Mathijs

i'd say "dry" (I'm a fan so any new SB is like manna to me). Leeds sounds very strange and dirty. LOndon sounds much cleaner in that respect. Glyn Johns taped both shwos so it cannot be a BBC engineer messing with the recording of Leeds.
Could the Groundhogs and their 120 dB live volume have damaged the microphones Johns had set for the Stones and for themselves? grinning smiley

I'm sure they were to be "hotly" mastered as it's the trend with all Stones releases since the late 2000's.
I try to look at the bright side : a pal of mine never listened to boots from 70or 71 so to him a live version version of SCB is the one from 1969.
He'll be delighted to hear this one with filled with anger and augmented with horns.

And THANK YOU Kevin for the goodies! thumbs up

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 18:11 by dcba.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: May 27, 2015 18:52

Mathijs
kevinkamphuis
[we.tl]

Is it me, or does Leeds and the Roundhouse sound truly awful? It sounds like reprocessed stereo, with the guitars all over the place with some strange echo. And the drums again have this processed, brickwalled modern sound...

Understandable though they skipped JJF and LWM for all those years -they're completely out of tune! And is that an overdubbed solo on JJF?

Mathijs

Agree totally. Listened to Kevin's samples. Way too much compression and the added echo as you say. Yes must be an overdubbed JJF solo (still at least it was overdubbed then instead of now!). Reminds me of the brickwalled LA75 archive release. Not sure if I'm looking forward to the SF Super Deluxe release so much now.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 20:45

Just listened to the samples. For me the recordings, even from studio, sound like shit. The drums sound is so strange but it was the same on Brussels and LA 75. The drums sound so strange that I rather listen to the old Bootlegs than to the new versions. Sad Sad Sad.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 27, 2015 21:26

Mathijs
kevinkamphuis
[we.tl]

Mathijs

I got caught out and thought i was listening to a 196 mp3 there? gutted but its sounding abit of a dissapointment if these are from multi-tracks. band sound nicely ragged but the sound is ropey.. doh

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:40

Captainchaos
Mathijs
kevinkamphuis
[we.tl]

Mathijs

I got caught out and thought i was listening to a 196 mp3 there? gutted but its sounding abit of a dissapointment if these are from multi-tracks. band sound nicely ragged but the sound is ropey.. doh

I wait until iTunes will release this, this is hard, but the tension is pretty cool. Anyway, the sound discussion about the live tracks: is this the regular MP3 versus FLAC/losless thing (which I don't care much about) or is the sound/mixing really that bad? Some folks here, at least, seem to like the sound ...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:54

muenke
Captainchaos
Mathijs
kevinkamphuis
[we.tl]

Mathijs

I wait until iTunes will release this, this is hard, but the tension is pretty cool. Anyway, the sound discussion about the live tracks: is this the regular MP3 versus FLAC/losless thing (which I don't care much about) or is the sound/mixing really that bad? Some folks here, at least, seem to like the sound ...

I don't think it is because of the mp3 format, but sometimes the sound mixing is a bit off, especially as for the drums. Compare for instance the old Let It Rock stereo with the new version: a totally different mix (horns, drums f.i.).

So it's a mix(ed) thing, but I don't call the sound compressed. The guitars are very well separated and you can hear details you couldn't hear before in the old mono Leeds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 23:59 by kleermaker.

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:57

hockenheim95
Just listened to the samples. For me the recordings, even from studio, sound like shit. The drums sound is so strange but it was the same on Brussels and LA 75. The drums sound so strange that I rather listen to the old Bootlegs than to the new versions. Sad Sad Sad.

x2

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home