Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe is available now on Google Play!!!
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:57

Wow! Listening to Stray Cat from Roundhouse [prior to my first listening track Live With Me]

This is f%^$#ing great!!!

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:23

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 19:29 by midnrambler.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:33

I just went on Google Play Music and I couldn't even bring up Sticky Fingers Deluxe. I feel like we got away with something naughty. And it only happened because of being here on IORR. Wonder if they did it purposely, or it was a screwup? Doesn't matter.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:44

24FPS
I just went on Google Play Music and I couldn't even bring up Sticky Fingers Deluxe. I feel like we got away with something naughty. And it only happened because of being here on IORR. Wonder if they did it purposely, or it was a screwup? Doesn't matter.

Agreed. I'm just stoked that the link stayed active long enough for me to get home form work and purchase something I may not otherwise have been able to purchase. The live tracks have been getting near constant play in my car since Wednesday morning when I left for work. Three very enjoyable commutes!

When they first released the official Brussels, wasn't it available in FLAC a few days after the US release? Hopefully the non-American IORRians are paying close attention to ITunes, Amazon, etc. Wouldn't want anyone to miss out on a limited opportunity on "the other side of the pond"!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:20

And here is Leeds, complete and in stereo:

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:56

Now, this is the Rolling Stones!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:22

What will be the quality of the download of the Sticky Finger Super Deluxe on the iTunes Store vs. Google?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 29, 2015 02:12

schwonek
What will be the quality of the download of the Sticky Finger Super Deluxe on the iTunes Store vs. Google?

About the same. iTunes audio files are encoded in 256kbps AAC while Google Play files are in 320kbps MP3. They will both sound thiner than a CD and pretty close to the sound of a cassette.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:20

This complete Leeds show is amazing in the quality of the sound and what was happening on that stage. I'm on my third listen today, and trust me I've had this at serious volume. Knowing the "Leeds Lungs" boot for decades being very good, this just blows that away for sound quality, and the extra songs to fill out the set really round it out. Piano intro with Live With Me is brilliant and that song soars from there. JJF opener has the guts that were in the 1969-1970 tours. It just sounds soooo good.

Hey, that was a band that could bring it. Very tight outfit.

Meanwhile I have to find the time to listen to the other stuff on this Super deluxe release. Hey, this is fun!

I am still shocked they could actually get this project right. More please??

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 29, 2015 08:40

kleermaker
And here is Leeds, complete and in stereo....

Thanks kleermaker. thumbs up

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: May 29, 2015 09:06

Thanks!

Sounds great actually. A fantastic release. (The audio issues we discussed earlier perhaps not such an issue now, maybe it was the Google samples).

I've noticed something about Midnight Rambler - this track seems to be different to the one on the Leeds bootleg I remember. I'm pretty sure Keith had some feedback problems during the quiet middle part - but this is not evident here. Perhaps this "Leeds" MR is from a different concert? Or maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly, it's been a while since I heard the bootleg.

EDIT: it is the same, ignore ^^

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 19:50 by WeLoveYou.

Date: May 29, 2015 10:47

Live With Me, Stray Cat Blues, Midnight Rambler and HTW from the Roundhouse gig are excellent!

LIV is cool as well, but it's darn slow, and I miss the slide!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:38

I have been listening to it over and over...man what a shows! The sound quality is fantastic, truly unbelievable! In this quality Leeds is so much better than the old bootlegs -I never really liked to Leeds show all that much. But man, this is utterly fantastic!

Mathijs

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:53

Mathijs
I have been listening to it over and over...man what a shows! The sound quality is fantastic, truly unbelievable! In this quality Leeds is so much better than the old bootlegs -I never really liked to Leeds show all that much. But man, this is utterly fantastic!

Mathijs

Just one week the whole box to be dropped...looking so forward to it.
Thanks for all your quick reviews.
I will celebrate next week.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 29, 2015 14:10

What has always amazed me is how totally different the band sounded in '72 compared to these '71 recordings, night and day different!

Date: May 29, 2015 14:14

Mr.D
What has always amazed me is how totally different the band sounded in '72 compared to these '71 recordings, night and day different!

That's true. Especially Mick, whose singing in 1971 was excellent. His best tour?

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 29, 2015 14:32

DandelionPowderman
Mr.D

That's true. Especially Mick, whose singing in 1971 was excellent. His best tour?
Of course

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 29, 2015 14:33

Kleermarker, a big thank you for the Videos! This is crazy shit, so cool and awesome!

Date: May 29, 2015 14:56

DandelionPowderman
Live With Me, Stray Cat Blues, Midnight Rambler and HTW from the Roundhouse gig are excellent!

I love this slow version, very intense. And I don't miss the slide, there are so many others with slide. Just cool to hear two 'normal' solos for one time.

Date: May 29, 2015 14:57

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I love this slow version, very intense. And I don't miss the slide, there are so many others with slide. Just cool to hear two 'normal' solos for one time.

I don't miss it so much in the solos. But when the train comes into the station, I miss the train sound smiling smiley

Date: May 29, 2015 15:28

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I don't miss it so much in the solos. But when the train comes into the station, I miss the train sound smiling smiley

Absolutely!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:49

kleermaker
And here is Leeds, complete and in stereo:

This sounds great, full blast when i get home.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 29, 2015 15:51

Mathijs

Mathijs

I tend to agree...maybe having the full show helps?
Or maybe the fact I hadnt listened to it for ages..dunno.
but it sounds excellent!!!
Top release...but why not the complete Roundhouse also???

Date: May 29, 2015 15:54

Eleanor Rigby
Mathijs

Mathijs

That's a good question, as that show sounds even better than Leeds, imo – both sonically and performance-wise. Best MR and SCB ever.

Date: May 29, 2015 16:02

DandelionPowderman
Eleanor Rigby
Mathijs

Mathijs

That's a good question, as that show sounds even better than Leeds, imo – both sonically and performance-wise. Best MR and SCB ever.

Agreed!
Better performance than Leeds.
Love SCB played this way.
Jagger on fire helps also!!!

Date: May 29, 2015 16:05

He's singing was way better in 1971 than in 72/73, imo. He sings fantastically on these SF shows.

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:10

Holy sh*t SCB is HOT! hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 16:11 by UnpurePurist.

Date: May 29, 2015 16:12

DandelionPowderman
He's singing was way better in 1971 than in 72/73, imo. He sings fantastically on these SF shows.

agreed also!
I also think his 1970 vocals are bloody good also.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:26

I have never seen such a massively positive reaction to a Stones release in this forum. That says something. Among those of us who managed to download the Leeds/Roundhouse songs, there are overwhelmingly positive reports on the performances and the sound quality. And I agree! I know there are a few out there somewhere who don't like these '71 performances as much, but in my opinion, like the many who have spoken thus far, these performances, in addition to the upcoming Marquee release, are the holy grail of live Stones, as in, the best of the best. I mean there may be stuff out there that is more rare and sought after, but the '71 recordings are just really, really good, and so unique. 'Satisfaction' is a perfect example... They would never play it that way again, and never did prior. The '71 tour is very special to me, and I am so happy we finally get official releases of this material.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:25

I got sucked into the vortex of pleasure listening to this for about 5 hours last night at very high volume. All I can say is wow! I guess if you are a fan long enough, this stuff gets released. This is the greatest treat ever. Hey, I'm 60 plus and find this exciting. Whomever did these Roundhouse and Leeds re-masters gets A plus rating. Give these people the green light to the vaults and get more material out while the boys are on tour. Word will travel fast about these recordings. People will buy this music.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2100
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home