Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe is available now on Google Play!!!
Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 26, 2015 22:57

Just wondering?

Is it really only the "Remastered 2009" versions that we get on CD1?
Or is it a misstake on Google Play.

All the Best!

Date: May 26, 2015 23:00

Yes.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 26, 2015 23:09

mr_dja
Mr.D
I've never bought anything from Google Play before this, is it possible to download this to my computer or is it only a cloud type set up?

Yes, I think in the terms of use it states that you can download anything you buy to either two or three different devices. It will also stay stored in the "Google Cloud" they create for you. Pretty slick and fairly user friendly. Also their cloud service allows you to upload up to 20,000 (or maybe it's only 10k but I haven't filled mine yet so it doesn't matter to me!) of your own songs to your google play cloud free of charge.

Peace,
Mr DJA

How can I download it onto my computer? Thanks for your help...smiling smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 26, 2015 23:09

philrock90
if anyone would kindly help send me a download of the deluxe edition? i'm still buying it either way just really want a listen my email ain't hidden thanks in advance

Yeah, who wouldn't want to get an upload link or something to download all three albums from Google Play, with all the stuff (SF, alternates, Roundhouse and Leeds) included?

So send one to me too: keessiedejongen@gmail.com

Much appreciated of course! grinning smiley

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 26, 2015 23:15

DandelionPowderman
Yes.

Well, well the artwork and the cd label must be newspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

From 2009
[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 23:23 by Heart for Stones.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 26, 2015 23:15

Mr.D
mr_dja
Mr.D
I've never bought anything from Google Play before this, is it possible to download this to my computer or is it only a cloud type set up?

Yes, I think in the terms of use it states that you can download anything you buy to either two or three different devices. It will also stay stored in the "Google Cloud" they create for you. Pretty slick and fairly user friendly. Also their cloud service allows you to upload up to 20,000 (or maybe it's only 10k but I haven't filled mine yet so it doesn't matter to me!) of your own songs to your google play cloud free of charge.

Peace,
Mr DJA

When you are viewing the tracks in the browser there is a link there to download, and as someone stated previously, you are told you have 2 or 3 downloads available total. After that it's all cloud.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 26, 2015 23:47

Goddamn, I keep getting an error message when I try to purchase. I wonder if I missed the magic window.

Date: May 26, 2015 23:51

Heart for Stones
DandelionPowderman
Yes.

Well, well the artwork and the cd label must be newspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

From 2009
[www.iorr.org]

It's the same remaster, but a new release.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 23:53

mr_dja

For some reason, both Amazon & Google Play seem not able to let you buy individual songs over 10:00 in length.

I don't think it really has to do with length of tracks, and more to do with trying to get people to buy the whole thing. In much the same way that they're trying to get people to buy the Super Deluxe Box just to get the Leeds Disc, on the digital front they want people who just want to buy the Leeds songs to have to buy the entire Super Deluxe download. If you look at the Amazon page for Boogie 4 Stu, you'll notice that you have to buy the full album to get Watchin' The River Flow, which is only about 5 minutes long. They knew that a lot of Stones fans would buy just that song if they could, so it's not available to download by itself. Meanwhile the version of Midnight Rambler on GYYO isn't "album only", and it's almost twice as long.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 26, 2015 23:55

Tate
Goddamn, I keep getting an error message when I try to purchase. I wonder if I missed the magic window.

For some reason, that happened to me when I tried to pay via PayPal. I had to charge a credit card and then it was fine. Not sure if that applies to your situation though. Good luck.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: May 26, 2015 23:59

Agreed regarding the Roundhouse tunes, pretty hot stuff. Like to see a full release.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:06

tumblingdice
Mr.D
mr_dja
Mr.D

Peace,
Mr DJA

When you are viewing the tracks in the browser there is a link there to download, and as someone stated previously, you are told you have 2 or 3 downloads available total. After that it's all cloud.

Look for the three vertical dots to the right of the album name, when you "mouse-over" those dots you'll see they are a link to "Additional Album Actions". After clicking this link, you should see one of the options is to "Download Album"

Hope this helps... If I re-learn any tricks after I make my purchase, I'll update in a few hours!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:07

bleedingman
Tate

For some reason, that happened to me when I tried to pay via PayPal. I had to charge a credit card and then it was fine. Not sure if that applies to your situation though. Good luck.

Mine went through fine with Paypal so who knows what works and what doesn't?

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:11

Mr.D
bleedingman
Tate

Mine went through fine with Paypal so who knows what works and what doesn't?

Paypal worked for me too!! thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:13

DandelionPowderman
Heart for Stones
DandelionPowderman
Yes.

From 2009
[www.iorr.org]

It's the same remaster, but a new release.

Well I'm guessing it's been remastered again since the 2009 UMG remaster. There is a 2011 release with greater dynamic range than that one, no way to get that without another mastering. I surely hope this is the one we are getting. Can't wait for someone to do an analysis.

Check out the DR analysis of the different versions here:

[dr.loudness-war.info]

peace

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:20

There are some extremely praised new 'flat' transfers of the post 71 albums available as Japan imports. And they are actually not very expensive. I am seriously considering to buy them.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:30

Blueranger
There are some extremely praised new 'flat' transfers of the post 71 albums available as Japan imports. And they are actually not very expensive. I am seriously considering to buy them.

You won't regret it.
I've got a few of the SACDs which use those flat transfers and they are superb.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:32

Really enjoying this great new release! But I would have rather been at the Fonda!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:38

donvis
Really enjoying this great new release! But I would have rather been at the Fonda!

I'd rather have been at the Roundhouse! smiling smiley

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:46

Here is a sampler I created;
[we.tl]

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 27, 2015 04:23

I finally managed to download it, and bloody hell it sounds so @#$%& good!! Yeeeehaaa!! Leeds Satisfaction is so, so, so goddamn good.... so psyched.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: May 27, 2015 05:18

I have waited over 35 years to hear 2 tracks:

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Live With Me

from Leeds. I have now gotten them from Google Play and now have heard them.

Oh my....... I think I need to sit down.

Wow!

This is going to be HUGE!!!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: May 27, 2015 05:36

Success!!! Since I don't have the bootlegs like many of you, it's mainly new for me. Except for the original album, of course. Loving it. One thing about the download is it comes down in a .zip file so you'll need something to open the file. My copy of winzip was out of date so I used WinRAR and am LOVING listening to stuff I've never heard before.

Note: Was fully prepared to share it with some folks (even had an e-mail to kleermaker drafted) unfortunately though gmail won't let me attach anything larger than 25mb. Anyone know anything about "Google Drive"? That's what it's suggesting I use but I've never heard of it and wanted to see if anyone knows anything about it first.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 27, 2015 06:02

mr_dja

Note: Was fully prepared to share it with some folks (even had an e-mail to kleermaker drafted) unfortunately though gmail won't let me attach anything larger than 25mb. Anyone know anything about "Google Drive"? That's what it's suggesting I use but I've never heard of it and wanted to see if anyone knows anything about it first.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Congrats DJA, interestingly enough mine came over as normal .mp3 files in a ready made "The Rolling Stones" Folder right to my "My Music" folder... I have uploaded them to my dropbox folder, and can share the link to Kleerie (if dropbox will allow it), if anyone else wants to test drive these files (before you BUY them) send me an email (off list)

-Gripweed

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 27, 2015 06:54

It was a bitch getting the files into ITunes after I downloaded it from Google. Now I'm too tired to even listen. But I know it's there, and it sounds great, and I'll have something to enjoy this weekend!

Date: May 27, 2015 06:58

gripweed
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

Congrats DJA, interestingly enough mine came over as normal .mp3 files in a ready made "The Rolling Stones" Folder right to my "My Music" folder... I have uploaded them to my dropbox folder, and can share the link to Kleerie (if dropbox will allow it), if anyone else wants to test drive these files (before you BUY them) send me an email (off list)

-Gripweed

interesting how they came down differently to the two of us. I wonder what the logic behind that is. How about you? Did your my music folder separate the three cds for you? Mine didn't. It's correct on my google play account though.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 27, 2015 07:15

mr_dja

interesting how they came down differently to the two of us. I wonder what the logic behind that is. How about you? Did your my music folder separate the three cds for you? Mine didn't. It's correct on my google play account though.

they came numbered
0101 (disc 1 track 1)
0201 (disc 2 track 1)
0301 (disc 3 track 1) Etc

So, it is easy enough to make individual CD's etc, all in one folder as I stated
I'm running windoze 8.1, maybe that has something to do with this ??

All of this is a very nice surprise to say the least!!

Posted by: pricepittsburgh ()
Date: May 27, 2015 09:45

Funny seeing this cause I just happened to sign up to Google Play yesterday and was having my huge iTunes library streaming through it for when I use my android over my iPhone or iPod. I'm only using the free service for my own music but saw on the 30 day trial they gave me the deluxe Sticky too. It gives you the deluxe sets of most the artists if you choose the albums.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 27, 2015 09:51

gripweed
I have uploaded them to my dropbox folder, and can share the link to Kleerie (if dropbox will allow it), if anyone else wants to test drive these files (before you BUY them) send me an email (off list)

-Gripweed
Tried to mail you, but it was declined...

On another note - the new SF booklet is said to have unreleased Dominique Tarle images from the period, so that means a MUST HAVE for me smiling smiley

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: May 27, 2015 10:27

gripweed

interestingly enough mine came over as normal .mp3 files in a ready made "The Rolling Stones" Folder right to my "My Music" folder... I have uploaded them to my dropbox folder, and can share the link to Kleerie (if dropbox will allow it), if anyone else wants to test drive these files (before you BUY them) send me an email (off list)

-Gripweed

Can you contact me? I get a "Mail System Error - Returned" mail when i'll contact you

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2195
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home