Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13
Re: Anita
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 18, 2015 08:00

swimtothemoon
Ambrose's book was titled "Undaunted Courage" unless there was another. Excellent
Book.

Thanks for the correction, that's the one. I was obviously confusing the name with the Ken Burns film, also great.

peace

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: April 18, 2015 09:28

Anita was not just a fashion influence. She was very much interested in politics and philosophy. The Greenfield biography of Timothy Leary tells how when Leary lived near the Stones in France Anita tried to help him get back into the United States by supporting McGovern's 1971 campaign against Nixon, who won that election with his anti-Communist rhetoric.

I think what Keith missed most about Anita after they split was the intellectual conversations. Keith's girlfriend Uschi was also an intellectual beauty. It's a shame he found brains combined with beauty only to lose it to drug addiction. I suppose Bianca was also a brain, having attended the Sorbonne, and Marianne did introduce Mick to literature. As opposed to more recent girlfriends who can't spell and who don't know anything about current events!

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: April 18, 2015 09:46

I don't think Pallenberg and Faithfull are dumb, but when you say "I suppose Bianca was also a brain, having attended the Sorbonne"..................................... please explain???????

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 18, 2015 09:57

I just gotta say, Anita's wild look of blond hair and brown eyes was ultra hot and my favorite look for a girl's face. She was so beautiful. I love that look in a woman, it's just pure sexiness. But, I think she was way too thin.

Those kind of women though, just bring sorrow...unfortunately. Some things are too hot to touch.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 18, 2015 10:47

RomanCandle
I don't think Pallenberg and Faithfull are dumb, but when you say "I suppose Bianca was also a brain, having attended the Sorbonne"..................................... please explain???????

Both Anita and Marianne were quite well-educated. Nothing is known about Bianca's early education but she won a scholarship to the Sorbonne.

Jerry and Patti would have had standard American high school educations in working-class neighbourhoods but no further.

Shirley Watts went to art school and is apparently a gifted sculptor.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 18, 2015 11:09

Dont forget Mandy Smith!

Date: April 18, 2015 11:17

You must be easily impressed if you think that "education" has something to do with "intelligence".
If you knew how many jerks got graduated from the Sorbonne, Assas or the Ecole Normale Superieure. Some of them are not stupid, but there is a huge amount of media whores w-ankers. Just look at some governments or watch TV.

Date: April 18, 2015 11:58

What is your point - that being illiterate is a sign of advanced intelligence?

Date: April 18, 2015 12:24

Can you tell me where I wrote this? First I wanted to know why the first poster thought that Bianca was "a brain" when looking at her scholarship. Then you answer me by giving informations on her scholarship... if you answered to my post you meant that Bianca is a brain because she won a scholarship at the Sorbonne? If so I disagree with this. If you didn't want to answer to my post then I'm sorry. Maybe that's just a grammar thing and I didn't understand the first post.

Date: April 18, 2015 12:45

Do you think it's an ordinary accomplishment to have won a scholarship to the Sorbonne from a third world country like Nicaragua in the 1960s? The scholarship was to study political science.

Some websites say she did this at 16, but Bianca has frequently tried to change public perception of her true age.

Date: April 18, 2015 14:05

Bliss
Do you think it's an ordinary accomplishment to have won a scholarship to the Sorbonne from a third world country like Nicaragua in the 1960s? The scholarship was to study political science..

Again, what makes you think that intelligence was the criteria? If people who study political science in France's so-called "best universities" were so intelligent I think the country would be in a better shape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 14:06 by RomanCandle.

Date: April 18, 2015 14:19

Just a guess here, Candle, but since you are so disparaging of higher qualifications from one of the world's most prestigious universities, I imagine you don't have any.

And plainly you think that scholarships from tiny poor third world countries are so easily acquired, that one need not pass difficult exams or beat out competition from numerous others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 14:25 by Bliss.

Date: April 18, 2015 15:10

You are right. Actually I say this because I am jealous of Bianca's political knowledge and career. What a role model. A genius. When someone criticizes a politician for a dumb attitude we should say "How dare you? He got graduated from a Very Prestigious University. He can't be dumb".

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 18, 2015 16:28

Bianca studied at Sciences Po which is incredibly competative ( and only loosely linked to the Sorbonne )

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 18, 2015 16:35

Bliss
Just a guess here, Candle, but since you are so disparaging of higher qualifications from one of the world's most prestigious universities, I imagine you don't have any.

And plainly you think that scholarships from tiny poor third world countries are so easily acquired, that one need not pass difficult exams or beat out competition from numerous others.

What Roman says is true, you're not an intellectual because of a scholarship. We dont know why she got it in the first place and it doesnt really matter because an education doesnt make her an intellectual. If she had published something worth reading we'd have something to compare with. The education itself doesnt mean anything really. Her random statements about world politics don't impress me. She's no Bernard-Henri Lévy.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 18, 2015 16:36

sanQ
I just gotta say, Anita's wild look of blond hair and brown eyes was ultra hot and my favorite look for a girl's face. She was so beautiful. I love that look in a woman, it's just pure sexiness. But, I think she was way too thin.

Those kind of women though, just bring sorrow...unfortunately. Some things are too hot to touch.

thumbs up

Date: April 18, 2015 16:46

Another example. That's not because Fleur Pellerin was a Korean orphan who got graduated from the ENA that I have no right to say that she's a bad minister.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: April 18, 2015 16:56

This thread makes me question whether I want to remain among the living. Holy Christ LET IT GO !

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 18, 2015 17:33

chatoyancy
Anita was not just a fashion influence. She was very much interested in politics and philosophy. The Greenfield biography of Timothy Leary tells how when Leary lived near the Stones in France Anita tried to help him get back into the United States by supporting McGovern's 1971 campaign against Nixon, who won that election with his anti-Communist rhetoric.

!

Actually McGovern ran against Nixon in 1972 and McGovern lost because he was a complete joke and Nixon was seen as a good President.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: April 18, 2015 17:35

RomanCandle
Another example. That's not because Fleur Pellerin was a Korean orphan who got graduated from the ENA that I have no right to say that she's a bad minister.
She is not only a bad minister, we don't know her before Hollande begun President and since this time she looks very uncultivated. Very sad for a "ministre de la culture". They are all just there for the glory!

Date: April 18, 2015 17:36

Bill, just some friendly advice... Why don't you kill yourself? Nah, I am joking and you are right, this debate is pathetic. However, if you read between the lines, you realise that talking about Bianca is an excuse to explain why no one should talk about Bianca. See that is how it works. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-18 17:38 by RomanCandle.

Date: April 18, 2015 18:38

ouroux58
RomanCandle
She is not only a bad minister, we don't know her before Hollande begun President and since this time she looks very uncultivated. Very sad for a "ministre de la culture". They are all just there for the glory!

Yes and very sad for an over-over-overpaid minister. (euphemism and pleonasm)

Date: April 18, 2015 22:47

stanlove
chatoyancy

!

Actually McGovern ran against Nixon in 1972 and McGovern lost because he was a complete joke and Nixon was seen as a good President.

Also by 1970 Leary was pretty much yesterdays man, so why Anita thought he could be an asset to McGovern is beyond me.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 19, 2015 01:25

Naturalust
swimtothemoon
Ambrose's book was titled "Undaunted Courage" unless there was another. Excellent
Book.

Thanks for the correction, that's the one. I was obviously confusing the name with the Ken Burns film, also great.

peace

I'll check out the Ken Burns film. Must have been one his fine PBS flicks.

Date: April 19, 2015 15:19

Anita did not think Leary would be an asset to McGovern. She wanted to get McGovern elected because she thought he'd help Leary get back into the United States after Nixon kicked him out as part of his anti-drugs policy. Nixon and the FBI had files on many people including John Lennon and the Stones. The Stones wrote a song about it. Fingerprint File.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-19 15:24 by chatoyancy.

Date: April 19, 2015 19:52

chatoyancy
Anita did not think Leary would be an asset to McGovern. She wanted to get McGovern elected because she thought he'd help Leary get back into the United States after Nixon kicked him out as part of his anti-drugs policy. Nixon and the FBI had files on many people including John Lennon and the Stones. The Stones wrote a song about it. Fingerprint File.

Ok, how did she actually support McGovern then, wss it financially?
To my knowledge Keith has remained very quiet political wise....perhaps he has no strong views (or interest), unlike Mick whom I suspect keeps a track on current issues.

Date: April 20, 2015 11:39

Keith has very strong political views, as his wife often points out. Patti recently said in an interview, "I want to be a Democrat, but I come from a Republican family!" Their differences on politics and religion are well documented. Keith has said "When we met I thought I could change her and take her away from all that"... Keith was against the Iraq war. He said in an interview that Tony Blair was "to the right of Margaret Thatcher". He was complaining about Mick attending dinners at 10 Downing Street. Keith was right about Blair. When Reagan died Thatcher made a statement on video praising Reagan and covertly dissing Bush. She said Reagan won the cold war "without firing a shot". Keith has had a hand in many political songs, including Flashpoint, Sweet Neo-Con, Dangerous Beauty. As for Anita, she showed up at McGovern headquarters but it was too late for her to help in any way. She was told that McGovern was too far down in the polls to win, according to the Greenfield biography of Timothy Leary, who befriended the Stones when they were all "exiles" in France.

Date: April 20, 2015 11:42

chatoyancy
Keith has very strong political views, as his wife often points out. Patti recently said in an interview, "I want to be a Democrat, but I come from a Republican family!" Their differences on politics and religion are well documented. Keith has said "When we met I thought I could change her and take her away from all that"... Keith was against the Iraq war. He said in an interview that Tony Blair was "to the right of Margaret Thatcher". He was complaining about Mick attending dinners at 10 Downing Street. Keith was right about Blair. When Reagan died Thatcher made a statement on video praising Reagan and covertly dissing Bush. She said Reagan won the cold war "without firing a shot". Keith has had a hand in many political songs, including Flashpoint, Sweet Neo-Con, Dangerous Beauty. As for Anita, she showed up at McGovern headquarters but it was too late for her to help in any way. She was told that McGovern was too far down in the polls to win, according to the Greenfield biography of Timothy Leary, who befriended the Stones when they were all "exiles" in France.

Then how do you explain this quote (which I found very odd, btw)?

I'm paraphrasing here, but it was something like this:

"I sent a letter to Tony Blair and told him to stick to his guns".

Date: April 20, 2015 13:09

Where was that quote? It sounds like he is joking. Sarcasm. Mick's most intense political interview was given to the Spanish paper El Pais after the Iraq invasion, and one of Keith's was in Playboy.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 20, 2015 20:46

Naturalust
Haaa! You are a trip Wolf. Healthy distrust of authority, hearty regard for The Rolling Stones.

peace

Yes Naturalust...and a hearty regard for you as well my dear !!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home