Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What are Likely dates for Stones UK Tour 2018 ??
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 29, 2017 20:39

Just wondering, and preparing to apply for holidays next summer. Really want to catch the Stones UK gigs next year.

Maybe , my question is a bit too early???

Yeah well, my mind is racing and preparing for the european gigs.

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-29 22:25 by corriecas.

Re: Likely dates for Stones UK Tour 2018
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 29, 2017 20:44

corriecas
Just wondering, and preparing to apply for holidays next summer. Really want to catch the Stones UK gigs next year.

Jeroen

Go and smoke a joint and relax

Nate

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 29, 2017 20:53

Nate
corriecas

Jeroen

Nate

smoking smiley

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 29, 2017 20:56

UK Tour 2018...What UK Tour?!?eye rolling smileysmoking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 29, 2017 21:18

July 26 in Maidstone

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 29, 2017 21:45

Hairball
Nate
corriecas

Jeroen

Nate

Make sure that joint has a 'NO FILTER' on it.
I have heard Edinburgh Castle has again been sounded out August 29th. The Edinburgh Festival running from August 3rd- 25th , so the Castle is booked and before they dismantle the seating on the Esplanade seems a logical time- but capacity will be below the required revenue to be viable. Let the speculation begin. Slane Castle Dublin? - Pembroke Castle Wales? - Their U.K. Satanic Majesties Castles Tour 2018?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-29 21:55 by Tonstone.

Date: June 29, 2017 22:15

Nate
corriecas

Jeroen

Nate

Rather go Freebasing with Ronnie.
jeroen

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 29, 2017 22:24

Word around camp fire says Ziggodome is a lock.

Date: June 29, 2017 22:26

Topi

Ziggodome,Amsterdam aint no UK, Topi.
Sorry.
Ciao
jeroen

Re: What are Likely dates for Stones UK Tour 2018 ??
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 29, 2017 23:07

Looking at 1999, I wouldn't be surprised about something like this:

2-3x London (final shows)
1-2x Wales/North England
1x Scotland
1x Ireland

That's ca. 6 shows

+ 5-8x Europe incl. maybe Oslo, Helsinki, Lisbon/Madrid, Germany, Belgium/NL, Eastern Europe, former Yugoslavia

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-30 10:36 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 29, 2017 23:13

Is it likely they would put out a new album they've been troubling themselves to record for years now, only to tour the UK exclusively and then call it quits? Could they possibly make any money on a 14-date UK tour?

Well, OK, just to amuse this fantastic message board fantasyland scenario: At the end of their combined stadium, arena and club tour of the UK only, they should wrap it up with a private show at the Ealing club, invited guests only, where they play the same covers they were playing in 1962 and 1963, including a run-through of Rolling Stones No. 1, just the core band of six musicians, no back-up horns or singers. The show should be filmed and recorded for posterity and advance audio and video of the show distributed free to IORR members so that message boards everywhere will be dancing with eternal praise of how the Stones chose to wrap things up, where it all began and playing the numbers that first inspired them -- and not a warhorse in sight!

That's how the Stones should end it -- not with a bang, but with a club gig...

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 29, 2017 23:49

I think they will end it in England all being well.
If these next set of dates go well this year and the boys are still in good health next year i can see them doing a few London gigs at Wembley SSE Arena or the 02 Arena, possibly one or two festivals.
My guess is that these gigs will take place in the summer months ( kinder on Keith's fingers )
This would be a lovely way for them to bow out and i would definitely get to see them one last time.
I got tickets for the 3rd Paris show, anyone else going ? This could very well be their last show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-29 23:51 by stone4ever.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 29, 2017 23:56

stonehearted
Is it likely they would put out a new album they've been troubling themselves to record for years now, only to tour the UK exclusively and then call it quits? Could they possibly make any money on a 14-date UK tour?

Well, OK, just to amuse this fantastic message board fantasyland scenario: At the end of their combined stadium, arena and club tour of the UK only, they should wrap it up with a private show at the Ealing club, invited guests only, where they play the same covers they were playing in 1962 and 1963, including a run-through of Rolling Stones No. 1, just the core band of six musicians, no back-up horns or singers. The show should be filmed and recorded for posterity and advance audio and video of the show distributed free to IORR members so that message boards everywhere will be dancing with eternal praise of how the Stones chose to wrap things up, where it all began and playing the numbers that first inspired them -- and not a warhorse in sight!

That's how the Stones should end it -- not with a bang, but with a club gig...

so, basically, we get to listen to them strangle the blues one more time?

couldn't they just cut a record of show tunes and call it a day?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 30, 2017 00:14

Tour starts January 1st and runs every night through December 31st
I took the buy 365 shows for the price of 364 offer.

hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-30 00:23 by Nate.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 30, 2017 00:17

Aberdeen

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 30, 2017 09:12

June 21, Stonehenge

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 30, 2017 10:27

I used to have one real good crystal ball but I lent it to a friend, about two years ago. I knew he wasn't going to return it but he insisted and promised that he will... A couple of days later he called and said: "you were right, man...I will never give it back..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-30 13:17 by z.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 30, 2017 10:54

How about:
One performance (only).
Satellite screened to 100 plus venues.
Little effort and work for a good day's pay.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 30, 2017 11:14

Monsoon Ragoon
Looking at 1999, I wouldn't be surprised about something like this:

2-3x London (final shows)
1-2x Wales/North England
1x Scotland
1x Ireland

That's ca. 6 shows

+ 5-8x Europe incl. maybe Oslo, Helsinki, Lisbon/Madrid, Germany, Belgium/NL, Eastern Europe, former Yugoslavia

I think they'll hit New York, Chicago, Boston, and Toronto before it's over also, especially if a new record is out

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 30, 2017 11:40

Imho. It would be wrong of them to finish up anywhere but their home city of London, where it all began in 1962. No bias from me - I'm not a Londoner, nor even English, though I do live there.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 30, 2017 12:00

If it happens in 2018 it's likely to be somewhere between Jan 1 and Dec 31.

Really? Was that a serious question? How on earth would ANYONE know in JUNE 2017 what the likely dates 'are' for a tour of the UK in 2018?

Rod

Date: June 30, 2017 12:34

if a new album comes out i would think dates in the states would happen too. are people thinking next year is it for the band? if the album drops before august i expect 12 dates in the states probably during sometime during August-September and then 12 dates in the uk area from October until early December

Date: June 30, 2017 12:44

corriecas
Topi

Ziggodome,Amsterdam aint no UK, Topi.
Sorry.
Ciao
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-30 12:45 by Topi.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 30, 2017 14:51

The Stones always needed a long warm up before touring, so the 1 and only show option somebody mentionned before really isn't accurate IMHO.

Europe is done this year, so maybe they might play 10 shows in the US before hitting british ground for a few shows.

Ending in London is practical, for the band as well as for the fans, I guess.
Which other UK place would be really symbolic : not Manchester, Glasgow or Liverpool, not really Dublin, Leeds or Knebworth either...

Anyway, we still have to be patient

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: June 30, 2017 15:09

bitusa2012
If it happens in 2018 it's likely to be somewhere between Jan 1 and Dec 31.

Really? Was that a serious question? How on earth would ANYONE know in JUNE 2017 what the likely dates 'are' for a tour of the UK in 2018?

Because the Stones do make plans for the future, and arenas etc have to be booked long before. Like Bjornulf has stated somewhere, the Stones shows have been planned for the period 2012 till 2018.
Jeroen

Date: June 30, 2017 16:55

The period you're talking about is a whole different animal than any "likely dates". Indeed, Bjørnulf keeps saying that while the Stones get offers to play, actual decisions on dates are made at a much later stage than in the years past.

In short, no one knows. This is not Metallics we're talking about, selling tickets 15 months out.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 30, 2017 17:59

Is a UK tour already certain in 2018, or just wishful thinking of the fanbois?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 30, 2017 21:11

They're playing in my garden in early July 2018. They had a look, decided the place was big enough for a small stage and an audience of around 200 people, the only condition they set was that I prune the climbing roses back a bit harder than normal, and that I make more ice available for the lemonade.

They also had a look at Wembley Stadium, but dismissed it. It's s**t they told me, too much bloody concrete - and the lemonade is awful !

Pretty cool huh ? It's by invitation only btw ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 30, 2017 21:20

paulywaul
They're playing in my garden in early July 2018. They had a look, decided the place was big enough for a small stage and an audience of around 200 people, the only condition they set was that I prune the climbing roses back a bit harder than normal, and that I make more ice available for the lemonade.

They also had a look at Wembley Stadium, but dismissed it. It's s**t they told me, too much bloody concrete - and the lemonade is awful !

Pretty cool huh ? It's by invitation only btw ...

This is clearly a lie, they're playing in my back garden then!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 30, 2017 22:43

When you are at age 74+ you don't really plan long term. You say you plan to do something next year, but you do not sign a contract for a twenty years bank loan. So after the NO FILTER tour, and after the leaves have turned red and yellow and brown in Europe, and after they have fallen of, and after months of winter storms, the agencies will try to get a signature on a paper saying the Stones will do more shows. Then high up on their wish list of things to do, after playing with children and grandchildren and all of that, they will look into the offers. If Charlie still feels like banging the drums, if Keith and Mick has survived the hefty discussions on how to mix the new album, they will drag Ronnie out on a local tour for some great shows, may be the greatest UK tour since 1990, when they did ten shows, the last one also the final one with Bill. Lots of may be's and for sure a probabaly.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1220
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home