Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What are Likely dates for Stones UK Tour 2018 ??
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 30, 2017 22:58

BV,so there aren't many possibilities to see the new album this year in the fall?!Then, how about a possible Australasian Tour in early 2018 (Feb./Apr.), Mick some months ago talk about the possibility to come back in India, Japan and South Africa too...

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 30, 2017 23:03

It should be a good format also 7 UK & Ireland gigs and 7 European gigs(Oslo,2 in the East,Madrid,Sarajevo or Belgrad,Milan,Werchter)!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 1, 2017 16:11

Deltics
paulywaul
They're playing in my garden in early July 2018. They had a look, decided the place was big enough for a small stage and an audience of around 200 people, the only condition they set was that I prune the climbing roses back a bit harder than normal, and that I make more ice available for the lemonade.

They also had a look at Wembley Stadium, but dismissed it. It's s**t they told me, too much bloody concrete - and the lemonade is awful !

Pretty cool huh ? It's by invitation only btw ...

This is clearly a lie, they're playing in my back garden then !

S**t, a double booking ! What a colossal f**k up, I really MUST fire that booking agent !! You just can't get quality staff these days ....... !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 2, 2017 16:03

bv
When you are at age 74+ you don't really plan long term. You say you plan to do something next year, but you do not sign a contract for a twenty years bank loan. So after the NO FILTER tour, and after the leaves have turned red and yellow and brown in Europe, and after they have fallen of, and after months of winter storms, the agencies will try to get a signature on a paper saying the Stones will do more shows. Then high up on their wish list of things to do, after playing with children and grandchildren and all of that, they will look into the offers. If Charlie still feels like banging the drums, if Keith and Mick has survived the hefty discussions on how to mix the new album, they will drag Ronnie out on a local tour for some great shows, may be the greatest UK tour since 1990, when they did ten shows, the last one also the final one with Bill. Lots of may be's and for sure a probabaly.

That would be just amazing if it happens. To finish up with an extended tour of their home country, where it all began after a 56 year career would be most appropriate and very appreciated after 5 years of not being here! And for Continental European Stones fans, it's as good as a 2nd consecutive Summer Tour as it's easy and cheap for you to get here. I was at their last shows here, the 2 Hyde Park gigs in 2013 and a huge chunk of the crowd were non British, especially so amongst the early queuers.

The 1990 Urban Jungle Tour was my first and the 10 shows were all in big stadia. 5 nights at Wembley, though I only went to 1. Bring it on!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 2, 2017 18:18

I doubt they would sell 600.000 or so tickets in UK with their current prices.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 2, 2017 18:31

Monsoon Ragoon

The Rolling Stones could sell out a football stadium in every single major city in UK if the price was right. Just like they did SarsStock in support of Toronto, it would be great to have them back for a significant homecoming tour next year. It was in UK it all started...

Bjornulf

Date: July 2, 2017 18:38

"If the price was right", yeah. But the price ain't right.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 2, 2017 19:13

bv
Monsoon Ragoon

The Rolling Stones could sell out a football stadium in every single major city in UK if the price was right. Just like they did SarsStock in support of Toronto, it would be great to have them back for a significant homecoming tour next year. It was in UK it all started...

And the only way I'll get my H to agree to fund another RS concert extravaganza is IF it's UK, he's a citizen who hasn't been back in 35 years! 35, 35, sounding lucky...

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: July 2, 2017 19:15

Monsoon Ragoon

Correct, Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 2, 2017 19:32

Harlem Shuffler
Monsoon Ragoon

Correct, Monsoon Ragoon.

Are we going to start to talk about 'Lucky Dips' again?

Date: July 2, 2017 20:43

With prices like in 2017 they can sell out three or four stadiums, that's it.

Date: July 2, 2017 20:50

bv
Monsoon Ragoon

I think they could easily sell out 10 shows again, provided they weren't too overpriced. Back in 1990, with £25 GPB General Admission tickets for every show (and no Golden Circle/front of stage!), tickets could be obtained for most shows without too much difficulty. It's a different World now though.

Some of The press used to give them a tough time here in the past for some reason but not so much now. It might have been something to do with their exile in France in 1971 to escape ruinous taxes. But that's ancient history now and The press now seem to see them as a great British export, as they always should have done, along with all of our other superstar bands thumbs up

Date: July 2, 2017 21:51

Do you really think they plan 12 UK stadium gigs with very cheap tickets?

Date: July 2, 2017 22:03

Monsoon Ragoon

Not a snowball's chance in hell. But 6-8 with 'normal' prices and some Lucky dips plus don't forget that the numbers who travel abroad for shows is far,far higher than it was in 1990. There is definitely a market there for a U.K. Tour, to say nothing of pent up domestic demand after what will by then be 5 years without a gig on U.K. Soil.

There were many thousands of non British in Hyde Park in 2013 and Brits were a small minority of those queueing from early morning, which I did for both shows. In fact I waited up all night before the 1st and I was the only British person there! French, Dutch, Italians and many more.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-02 22:07 by grzegorz67.

Date: July 2, 2017 22:07

grzegorz67
Monsoon Ragoon

Not a snowball's chance in hell. But 6-8 with 'normal' prices and some Lucky dips plus don't forget that the numbers who travel abroad for shows is far,far higher than it was in 1990. There is definitely a market there for a U.K. Tour, to say nothing of pent up domestic demand after what will by then be 5 years without a gig on U.K. Soil.

There were many thousands of non British in Hyde Park in 2013 and Brits were a small minority of those queueing from early morning.

I think it won't be cheaper than Europe 17, in London probably even more expensive. That means 3-5 shows plus one in Ireland.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 2, 2017 23:01

Monsoon , please take one of Nate's advices.

Smoke a few joints and relax and take a holiday for a few years.
Jeroen

Date: July 2, 2017 23:07

?

Date: July 2, 2017 23:20

???

Date: July 3, 2017 15:44

I'm not unrelaxed. I just say what's likely next year in the UK. That's 4-6 shows with very high ticket prices. Not 12 or 14 shows with cheap prices.

Date: July 3, 2017 15:59

Monsoon Ragoon
I'm not unrelaxed. I just say what's likely next year in the UK. That's 4-6 shows with very high ticket prices. Not 12 or 14 shows with cheap prices.

No-one has suggested the latter is going to happen.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 3, 2017 16:15

bv
When you are at age 74+ you don't really plan long term. You say you plan to do something next year,...

EDIT for Monsoon's benefit...like delaying a studio album of original material until 2018 (THAT seems like a long term plan for 74+ to me) yet releasing (yet another) live album this year?

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-03 16:59 by bitusa2012.

Date: July 3, 2017 16:41

bitusa2012
bv
When you are at age 74+ you don't really plan long term. You say you plan to do something next year,...

....like delaying a studio album until 2018 (THAT seems like a long term plan for 74+ to me) yet releasing (yet another) live album this year?

I thought they just released a new album 7 months ago...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 3, 2017 18:53

corriecas
Monsoon , please take one of Nate's advices.

Smoke a few joints and relax and take a holiday for a few years.
Jeroen

No no don't take drugs
Give them to me instead

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: July 4, 2017 00:37

Before a certain 75th Birthday. And if you don't go to the UK gigs, forget waiting for the next time.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 4, 2017 14:00

I think the number and location of UK shows next year will be influenced by the promotion and success of the rumoured new album.

Realistically, it's probable that the only city the band play in will be London. However, if the album or single(s) from the album are well received, receive radio play and/or chart well, there could be more demand for shows outside of the capital.

Date: July 4, 2017 14:37

guess that all gigs in the uk will sell out, no matter what. does not matter, if there is a new album or big promo for it.
i will be there anyway.
jeroen

Date: July 4, 2017 15:14

Olly
I think the number and location of UK shows next year will be influenced by the promotion and success of the rumoured new album.

Realistically, it's probable that the only city the band play in will be London. However, if the album or single(s) from the album are well received, receive radio play and/or chart well, there could be more demand for shows outside of the capital.

I think their final shows will be in London as they should be - it's their home city where it all began in pubs and clubs. But there's certainly plenty of pent up demand for elsewhere in the country. Edinburgh, Manchester and Cardiff are a good bet. All have huge stadia, well able to accomodate them.

There is a lot more to any country than just its Capital City and the UK is no different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-04 15:34 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 4, 2017 15:29

Yep,

A handfull of provincial shows is likely in addion to the assured London dates.

Date: July 4, 2017 15:48

When was the last show in the 2nd biggest town, Birmingham? 1973?

Date: July 4, 2017 16:47

Monsoon Ragoon
When was the last show in the 2nd biggest town, Birmingham? 1973?

Noy sure that's relevant but I believe so. There are no stadia in the area suitable for them to play in other than Villa Park and it's in an area with a lot of traffic congestion already.

There are plenty of other UK cities with suitable and big enough stadia though.

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Sunderland, Manchester, Liverpool, Cardiff.

Take your pick!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1256
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home