Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13
Re: Anita
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 22, 2015 23:52

fuzzbox
DoctorFreddie
[www.youtube.com]

She looks great there.

Yes, she does.... I think the broadcast is from around YR 2000 of course.
Marianne is the more verbose but I love the irreverant way Rubh Wax deals with all the guests.
Now that would be good...Ruby +Mick +Keith...with all the questions which would make their PR people squeam.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 23, 2015 00:09

Naturalust
DoctorFreddie
DoctorFreddie
[www.youtube.com]
From 18:20 its hillarious

Thanks for the post, nice find. It's interesting to see Anita in a "social" setting like this. You get the feeling when Marianne is around not many others will get a chance to talk. eye rolling smiley The constant cigarettes are a bit of a bother so to spare some of you that horror (and Marianne) here are some highlights:

Marianne: "In the 60's, Anita and I were in the front line of the liberation of women"... what!?"

Anita admits she followed the Stones so she could have the lifestyle of cars and limosines? Hmmm.

Anita and Marianne about to get it on, Mick and Keith walk in, Mick goes "Let's jump in!", Keith goes "No way man!" ....

Anita "drugs and rock n' roll and sex" (in that order)

Marianne: "I think Anita is a good mother" , Anita: "I just try to as honest and sincere.."

peace
I noticed the same comments...but for me it's just a tongue-in-cheek comments....... and yes it was "drugs and rock n' roll and sex and kids" for Anita and what else could she say about being a good mother if your 20 years on drugs "I just try to as honest and sincere.."

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 23, 2015 00:14

Aquamarine
I'm totally disoriented. When the thread started, I thought we were in for "let's have a good laugh at Anita being older" pics. I went away for a few days and when I came back things had taken a turn for the psychological, conspiracy theories ensued, somewhere along the line 2120Wolf and Naturalust fell in love, and most alarmingly, BILLPERKS stopped shouting. I mean, what? confused smiley

Funny how things work out Aquamarine...Just like a conversation after a 72 hour Cocaine and Vodka binge...

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: April 23, 2015 00:22

gimmelittledrink
Elvis sang other musicians' songs.

Naaaaaaaaaaaah??????!!!!??????? Elvis didn't write his own songs????????????????? I'm disappointed, tell me you're kidding?????????????

I may feel slightly sad but I won't cry. grinning smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 23, 2015 00:49

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 23, 2015 08:11

latebloomer
Aquamarine
I'm totally disoriented. When the thread started, I thought we were in for "let's have a good laugh at Anita being older" pics. I went away for a few days and when I came back things had taken a turn for the psychological, conspiracy theories ensued, somewhere along the line 2120Wolf and Naturalust fell in love, and most alarmingly, BILLPERKS stopped shouting. I mean, what? confused smiley

It's all over, but the shouting...except even the shouting is gone. sad smiley

Aquamarine, I tried to send you an email, but it bounced back, saying that the account was closed. Drop me a line when you get a chance.

It's done. smiling smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 23, 2015 10:06

NICOS

Oh boy.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 23, 2015 10:17

Blonde on blonde...

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 23, 2015 23:53

Did not know that Marianne was planning to make a film of her life. But can guess who stopped the project

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 24, 2015 02:53

desertblues68
Did not know that Marianne was planning to make a film of her life. But can guess who stopped the project

Zzz. We've already heard 30 years of stories about her brief time with Mick. She seems a bit self-important to me, but I was never a fan. Probably more to her story than I imagine, so no disrespect intended. Just not interested.

peace

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 24, 2015 13:49

desertblues68

KR?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 24, 2015 22:59

Anita seemed so much calmer and more self-controlled in this video than Marianne. Marianne looked very pretty, but impossibly full of herself. Ruby Wax is just dreadful and I hated the smoking. I know who Nicky Hasmam is, but who was the other guy?

Date: April 25, 2015 04:29

Bliss
Anita seemed so much calmer and more self-controlled in this video than Marianne. Marianne looked very pretty, but impossibly full of herself. Ruby Wax is just dreadful and I hated the smoking. I know who Nicky Hasmam is, but who was the other guy?

His name is John Brown, not much help I know.

peace

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 02:58

whitem8
Ok, well there are the myths surrounding Anita. And her influence on the fashion with the Stones was apparent. But a great lady? I don't get that piece. Someone who used others shamelessly, was a junkie, neglected her children, and basically sponged off of others, and led a young man to commit suicide. I think I would say she is pretty lucky and could afford some great lawyers.

Some of those same things can be said about Keith.

Date: May 18, 2015 03:39

2120Wolf
Naturalust
2120Wolf
What part of her story are you most interested in ??? And why should she be the one to shovel out all the shit....[/quote

Dirt isn't what I'm particularly interested in. The parts of her story that most interest me are, in no particular order:

1. The early years and her memories of Stones recording sessions and concerts including her thoughts on Brian and his diminishing influence in the Stones.

2. Her memories and thoughts about Marianne Faithful, Robert Fraser, Spanish Tony, Robert Fraser, The Beatles and the tons of other interesting characters she had contact with and relationships with.

3. Her memories, thoughts and obviously first hand accounts of life with Keith, the ups and downs, what actually happened from her perspective concerning the hugely creative era Keith had, her memories of first hearing now well known songs, etc., her first hand accounts of the creative process which produced such iconic music.

4. Exile stories in greater detail. Who was there and when, memories of Gram Parsons, what did she do while the musicians were downstairs creating the tunes?

5. Her perspective on Mick Taylor, both his musical contributions, his relationship to her and Keith and why she thinks he quit the band.

6. What were her memories of Switzerland and Marlon's early years and her decline into the heroin abyss? The Toronto bust and all of that.

7. What were her experiences of the early CBGB days and the interesting characters Marlon said she often hung with during that period?

8. How did she finally get off dope...the story of her recovery.

9. Her side of the many many stories which have been told about her.

10. What her personal relationships with Mick, Bill, Charlie and Ronnie and their wives and girlfriends were.

I could go on, but Anita's story is basically the Stones story. If told by someone who was there, it would be just plain damn interesting stuff. Can't think of another individual who was as close to the fire for so long.

peace

Interesting....But I do not agree that her story is the Stones story, 2 seperate stories...she is a small part of the Stones story, (besides how reliable would her insight be). Also there is still a long, long Stones story without Anita. She is maybe a chapter in the whole scheme of things...What you are really looking for is another Stones close to the fire story...

With all your accolades about her why not be interested in her little known past ...life before the Stones. It sounds like your more interested in what she could tell us about the Stones rather than about her.

The Life and Times of Anita Pallenberg...Before and After the Rolling Stones.

*Her Family History
*What her life was like as a child
*Her Close child hood friends
*Her Interest as a 7 Year old
*Her Earliest loves
*Anita on losing her innocence
*Anitas early acting career
*Her life experiences outside of the Stones
*How she really dealt with giving up her career
*Was sacrificicing her career worth the Stones and Drugs
*Who would care about Anita today without her Stones connection, aside from family & friends ????

Yes I agree, I am sure she could paint a good inside picture of the Stones and yes it would be interesting. I would say another Stones book with years of research by a Stones historian who will track people down the same way Mark Lewisohn tracked down people for the Beatles story Tune In....This way you will get a close to accurate account of events from various sources. You know the rule, during an event witnessed by several people... line them all up and they will each give you a different story and over time the story will change and get embellished and obscured..Even if only witnessed by one person...The perception will change with time and delusion..

I like the idea about a book but solely not from her as the source...
Yes she could contribute, but again how reliable is her insight ????

From her I would like to hear what really happened in that bed when the kid blew out his brains that night, that to me is where some truth needs to be revealed for his family...

She had already visited Warhol's Factory with Stash, whom she dated before meeting Brian. She knew Robert Fraser, Tara Browne, Kenneth Anger, the Gettys, Donald Cammell, Christopher Gibbs, and numerous others who were prominent in the intellectual, art, and aristocratic circles of Europe. Who knows if the Stones would have met those people had it not been for Anita. Keith stays in contact with her bc he NEEDS her intellectual conversation. People who know Patti say she is not very intelligent and is a vapid, born-again Christian. But she gives Keith the stability which he craved/craves.

Date: May 18, 2015 04:23

gypsy18
People who know Patti say she is not very intelligent and is a vapid, born-again Christian. But she gives Keith the stability which he craved/craves.

People who know Patti wouldn't likely say such things about her. She seems perfect for Keith and that's all that really matters. I spent about a week around Keith and Patti once and found her to be quite delightful. My impression was that she just interacted with people on a different level, more intuitive and artful than most, but not for lack of intelligence, more like a non-judgmental, free-spirited, highly spiritual, highly emotional, and highly motivated being. She did defer to Keith a bit but seemed to take charge with everyone else. Besides she's so beautiful, when she looks you in the eyes, you find dumb shit coming out of your mouth, intelligent conversation becomes somewhat impossible.. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 18, 2015 04:37

gypsy18
whitem8
Ok, well there are the myths surrounding Anita. And her influence on the fashion with the Stones was apparent. But a great lady? I don't get that piece. Someone who used others shamelessly, was a junkie, neglected her children, and basically sponged off of others, and led a young man to commit suicide. I think I would say she is pretty lucky and could afford some great lawyers.

Some of those same things can be said about Keith.

To gypsy18:
The Stones are not exactly the easiest band for self-respecting females to, shall we say, understand.... or agree with. But that just makes it more, uh........interesting at times...,,,.I guess.

I basically said the same thing on page 3 of this thread:
Date: April 16, 2015 07:03PM
Anita is the female version of The Stones/Keith Richards. Seems to me she & Keith were quite compatible & equally matched. Women are judged more harshly-the double standard is still alive & well. It's still as true now as pre-womens lib. And often it is the the females themselves are who are their own harsh-ish judges.

Honestly now, has any of the male Stones been criticized as harshly as Anita for their drug taking/child-rearing-role-modelling/sexual behaviors? Mick's reputation as a grown-up id, oops, I mean Kid winking smiley is much more tolerated by most than is Anita's reputation. And Keith being referred to as the :"Rock'n Roll Outlaw" is done so affectionately, humorously, with almost no moral judgements.

They have all behaved badly at times, and have to answer to themselves, no one else in the long run......

just like all the rest of us mere mortals.

Also want to note, it seems after he got off serious drugs, Keith has behaved in a very moral manner for quite some time now...the drugs were over 30 years ago...as far as I can tell, Keith seems to have treated his wife,& kids very fair & well for a very long time now.
And Anita seems to have maintained her sobriety for a long time now so....good for all of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 04:53 by tauk.

Date: May 18, 2015 05:01

Naturalust
gypsy18
People who know Patti say she is not very intelligent and is a vapid, born-again Christian. But she gives Keith the stability which he craved/craves.

People who know Patti wouldn't likely say such things about her. She seems perfect for Keith and that's all that really matters. I spent about a week around Keith and Patti once and found her to be quite delightful. My impression was that she just interacted with people on a different level, more intuitive and artful than most, but not for lack of intelligence, more like a non-judgmental, free-spirited, highly spiritual, highly emotional, and highly motivated being. She did defer to Keith a bit but seemed to take charge with everyone else. Besides she's so beautiful, when she looks you in the eyes, you find dumb shit coming out of your mouth, intelligent conversation becomes somewhat impossible.. grinning smiley

peace

My sources are very close to Anita, so I'm sure they're biased. winking smiley

Date: May 18, 2015 05:03

Naturalust
gypsy18

peace
____________________________________________________________________________________
oh..so that's why so many guys always seem to engage in intelligent conversations with me smiling smiley......no matter........nice to see ya around Naturalust, TTYL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 05:07 by tauk.

Date: May 18, 2015 05:35

tauk
oh..so that's why so many guys always seem to engage in intelligent conversations with me smiling smiley......no matter........nice to see ya around Naturalust, TTYL

LOL. It's certainly not an exclusive rule tauk. If they are engaging you at all it's probably a pretty good sign. winking smiley

peace

Date: May 18, 2015 05:47

I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone by repeating what I'd heard from people who know her. Like I clarified, the people I have spoken with are very close to Anita.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: May 18, 2015 06:06

Both Keith and Patti have spoken honestly of their differences, which have caused friction over the years. She said recently in an interview that she'd like to be more like him politically but she remains true to her family's strict religious Republican roots. He has said that he thought he could change her after marriage but it didn't work out that way. So they try to overlook the differences. It's easier now that their kids are grown and have established their own philosophies, which amusingly were apparently formed during many nights of Keith talking to them and sharing his Monty Python films with them. Theo says one of her favorite films is the irreverent Life of Brian

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 18, 2015 06:41

gypsy18
I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone by repeating what I'd heard from people who know her. Like I clarified, the people I have spoken with are very close to Anita.

Perhaps not... but what you posted about Patti was incredibly disrespectful and downright lousy, considering you've never even met her personally and your sources may be biased (a fact which you initially omitted and only revealed after Naturalust's response). It boggles the mind as to why you would even commit such derogatory words to print.

Many thanks to Naturalust for providing a most eloquent counterpoint based on first-hand knowledge.

Date: May 18, 2015 06:42

Naturalust
tauk

LOL. It's certainly not an exclusive rule tauk. If they are engaging you at all it's probably a pretty good sign. winking smiley

peace

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Well Naturalust, Thanks.

No one has ever accused me of being a Bad Sport.

Here's to The Power of Positive Thinking.thumbs up

Meanwhile, My Inner Child is thriving...& will be flourishing in SD in 6 more days.hot smiley

Are you going to be around the SD show?

Date: May 18, 2015 06:55

In defense of gypsy18, Keith himself has put down his wife's right-wing influences many times.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: May 18, 2015 07:04

chatoyancy
In defense of gypsy18, Keith himself has put down his wife's right-wing influences many times.

If you're referring to my post,chatoyancy, having right-wing influences is one thing, and Patti herself has said she does lean that way, but being called "not very intelligent" and "vapid" by gypsy18 is quite another. It was the insult to Patti's intelligence that I found beyond the pale.

OT, I like your username - lovely word (had to look it up!)

Date: May 18, 2015 07:15

tauk

Are you going to be around the SD show?

Hell yeah! Staying in Laguna Beach with friends and 6 of us are driving down for the event...might actually be there on time as long as the surfs not too good Sunday morning. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Our tickets are comped this time around, thankfully, guessing they will be up front on Ronnie's side but probably won't know till we get there.

peace

Date: May 18, 2015 07:18

I see your point, Plink. There are many different types of intelligence. Everyone has at least one type of intelligence, be it only the skill of planting daffodils, Grasshopper.

Date: May 18, 2015 07:40

I've no doubt of their love for one another, and enjoy reading about their relationship. It's not easy for many couples with different religious and political views, but they overlook it because they love one another.
I think Patti is pretty in all the photos I have seen of her. She also comes across as intelligent and well-spoken. I wish I'd have never posted what I did, but I can't go back and delete it now. Yes! I've read about Theo saying she's a "Daddy's Girl" and how they bonded over The Life of Brian. It made me feel sad for Angela, and wonder how she felt when she read that. Keith also talked about Alexandra coming along 18 months later. He then went on to talk about chasing them around, playing with them, reading and making up bedtime stories for them. Such a different upbringing the two sets of kids had, and I'm sure they all realize that. They all seem very happy on their vacations together, which is heartwarming. Anita is always invited, and is crazy about all five of her grandchildren, and they adore her as well!

Date: May 18, 2015 07:44

I have apologized for posting that, and I wish I could delete it. I made a mistake, and I am sorry for it. What else do you want me to do? I will try to contact the owner of the board to have it removed.
I've made a lot of friends on here over the years, and would like to be on good terms with you all, but I felt that three of you attacking me is enough. If you've read my previous posts, you'll see that I have never posted anything ugly or cruel. I'm merely asking for your forgiveness for a very stupid mistake.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-18 08:00 by gypsy18.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1451
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home